Page 199 of 929 FirstFirst ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Yet, nobody has taken up the torch there because of all of the difficulty in production. So maybe all of this conversation is just politicians pissing the in breeze.
    We should have spent more on vaccine production even if meant spending less on relief. IP serves as a red herring to avoid discussing spending the amounts needed to ramp up vaccine production.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    We should have spent more on vaccine production even if meant spending less on relief. IP serves as a red herring to avoid discussing spending the amounts needed to ramp up vaccine production.
    Who is “We”? Private Industry builds the infrastructure. And Pfizer did it without any US govt funding

Quote Originally Posted by RampagingMullet View Post
    As one of the millions of people in north america who's entire family had fear flu and were/are totally fine, all the vax passport talk pisses me off to no end and I have all my other recommended jabs. I want to go to a fucking concert without a government mandated injection. I am pro vax, but I'm pro choice first and the research on this shit is in it's infancy which is why jabs are only permitted under emergency authorization. "Evidence provided suggests that the SARS-CoV-2 spike proteins trigger a pro-inflammatory response on brain endothelial cells that may contribute to an altered state of BBB function. Together, these results are the first to show the direct impact that the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein could have on brain endothelial cells; thereby offering a plausible explanation for the neurological consequences seen in COVID-19 patients." https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33053430/
    Will you stop whining when the vaccines get full approval next month?

If you're going to try to justify your selfishness, at least quote a relevant piece of research.

As one of the millions of people in north america who's entire family had fear flu and were/are totally fine
    When you start out with this you've already stacked the decks against getting much sympathy.

As one of the millions of people in north america who's entire family had fear flu and were/are totally fine, all the vax passport talk pisses me off to no end and I have all my other recommended jabs. I want to go to a fucking concert without a government mandated injection. I am pro vax, but I'm pro choice first and the research on this shit is in it's infancy which is why jabs are only permitted under emergency authorization. "Evidence provided suggests that the SARS-CoV-2 spike proteins trigger a pro-inflammatory response on brain endothelial cells that may contribute to an altered state of BBB function. Together, these results are the first to show the direct impact that the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein could have on brain endothelial cells; thereby offering a plausible explanation for the neurological consequences seen in COVID-19 patients." https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33053430/
    There's a lot to unpack in here! I have seen nothing about government mandated vaccinations, where have you seen that? Private concert venues mandating vaccinations is the prerogative of a private business. There is a lot of fear mongering hear based not based on facts.

For being pro-vax you don't seem to understand what the emergency use authorization is and how much research has already been done in that field prior to these vaccinations. I recommend some deeper reading on this. The amazing efficacy of these mRNA vaccinations basically guaranteeing that you won't die, be hospitalized, or be a host to allow continued propagation of this virus is amazing and isn't celebrated enough. The virus only continues if people allow themselves to be hosts by refusing vaccinations. In my opinion not getting vaccinated is tantamount to being pro-virus. Flame away!

I am not sure what your intent was regarding posting a paper detailing the potential brain effects of the virus and its mechanisms, other than maybe illustrating another reason why being vaccinated is important?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Who is “We”? Private Industry builds the infrastructure. And Pfizer did it without any US govt funding
    'We' don't have enough capacity, factories, manufacturing experience, QC expertise, raw materials, highly specialized lipids, enzymes, bioreactor bags and filters, vials, etc., to supply the world with vaccines in the short term.

The U.S. government allocated about $10 billion split between seven companies for vaccines. Even though that's a pittance in terms of cost/benefit, a group of economists and health experts had to lobby hard to get Congress and the Trump admin to spend the money. Policy makers kept balking at the cost in billions, not the benefits in trillions. It took a lot of arm twisting to convince the admin to get over the sticker shock.

The American tax payer and America Inc. has earned a ridiculously high return on the investment relative to what Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J have been paid for their innovations.

Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    I am not sure what your intent was regarding posting a paper detailing the potential brain effects of the virus and its mechanisms, other than maybe illustrating another reason why being vaccinated is important?
    RampagingMullet is echoing the concern some people are having over the Spike protein in Covid vaccines due to the fact recent research shows the Spike protein in SARS2 interacts with ACE2 proteins causing pathology, even without Covid infection.

Fortunately, with vaccination the stabilized Spike protein is not released in such a way that it interacts with ACE2 proteins in the nose and lungs. For this reason the vaccines are actually more protective than previously thought.

For example, even asymptomatic young people are experiencing long term post-infection Covid symptoms like messed up taste & smell or autonomic dysfunction disorders. Antibodies developed from vaccines help prevent SARS2 Spike protein damage from happening.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 05-06-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Hilarious. A few weeks ago people were angry at those jumping out of line even with open slots for vaccines not being filled now health depts are saying come down and get a beer and a shot and still can't give them away. I guess timing is everything.
    Kinda wish I'd waited:

US rolls out carrots and expands access in push to get holdouts vaccinated against Covid-19

(CNN)The United States is offering up freebies, expanding the pool of those eligible and shifting access to local pharmacies in its attempts to encourage vaccine holdouts to get inoculated against Covid-19.

In the last six months, nearly 150 million people in the US have received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine in what is the fastest and largest mass vaccination effort in world history. Still, the US vaccination rate has declined from its peak last month, pushing officials to offer new incentives, known as carrots, to further encourage the wary, hesitant and inaccessible to get vaccinated.

Some of those carrots are access to cultural events. The National Football League has offered 50 Super Bowl tickets to fans who share their stories of why they wanted to get vaccinated. Baseball's New York teams, the Mets and the Yankees, will offer fans a free ticket if they get an on-site Johnson & Johnson shot. And in Chicago, the city announced a monthly concert series held exclusively for fully vaccinated residents.

Free food and drinks have similarly been offered up to the vaccinated. Krispy Kreme, Budweiser and Nathan's Hot Dogs are offering free doughnuts, beer and wieners, respectively, while New Jersey introduced a "shot and a beer" program to give free beer to those who get vaccinated.

Most directly, a few states have offered to pay those who get vaccinated. West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice said last week he wanted the state to offer a $100 savings bond to residents 16 to 35 who get vaccinated. Maryland has also offered $100 to state employees who get vaccinated.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offered its own incentive last week when it said that those who are vaccinated do not need to wear masks outside, except during crowded events.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Will you stop whining when the vaccines get full approval next month?

If you're going to try to justify your selfishness, at least quote a relevant piece of research.
    and understand how the FDA approval process works. Emergency use authorization doesn’t mean any steps were cut. That doesn’t mean that it’s not safe and it’s not effective.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Read other replies regarding how you don't understand the spike, but the bolded above means that you should support private companies deciding whether or not to let non-vaccinated people into their venue. Don't want a vaccination, stay the fuck home. Too many "pro-choice", me, me me people have fucked this up for those of us who quarantined and stayed safe for the past year. Reap what you sow.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    How about we just call RM and all of his "I'm pro-vax but not its for me" ilk out for being selfish cunts and push them to the fringes of society?

As vax appointments are readily available across the country I'm fucking sick of hearing excuses from these pseudo tough guys who are scared of a needle. 'We don't know the long term effects!' 'How can we trust it?' Why don't you go dry hump your AR in your panic room for another year you fucking coward. The rest of us will show some true bravery and face the needle. We'll roll the dice on the 1 in 100,000,000 chance that we might have a bad vax reaction and end the pandemic for you. Then you can go listen to some musicians who were clamoring to get vaxed because their livelihood depends on being able to travel and crowds being allowed to gather. Fuck you RM, you selfish cunt. Try being part of the solution.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    How about we just call RM and all of his "I'm pro-vax but not its for me" ilk out for being selfish cunts and push them to the fringes of society?

As vax appointments are readily available across the country I'm fucking sick of hearing excuses from these pseudo tough guys who are scared of a needle. 'We don't know the long term effects!' 'How can we trust it?' Why don't you go dry hump your AR in your panic room for another year you fucking coward. The rest of us will show some true bravery and face the needle. We'll roll the dice on the 1 in 100,000,000 chance that we might have a bad vax reaction and end the pandemic for you. Then you can go listen to some musicians who were clamoring to get vaxed because their livelihood depends on being able to travel and crowds being allowed to gather. Fuck you RM, you selfish cunt. Try being part of the solution.
    I’m going to give you the numbers of some friends of mine who won’t get the jab.

Biggest team play in history and they’re gonna sit this one out.

Fuck them

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

I personally know many people who've been violently ill, had brutal headaches, vomiting etc. and now two dead following the vax vs. mild cold symptoms for everyone I know that had the fear flu naturally. (were these reaction to the spike protein? no one knows) My personal experience is obviously skewed because most of my friends are young and not obese also way more of them have had at least one jab than those who had cov. I come back to my main point which is why should someone who's already had the virus need to vax to protect your grandma? This is not consistent with how immunity is thought to work. I thought the research I linked on damage caused by the spike protein was relevant for two reasons, 1 some of the jabs get your body to make the spike, and 2 the research claims to be the first published on the subject and it's only dated late last year, so we just don't know what the long term effects are if we haven't even studied the short term effects sufficiently.

2 dead? Ok. Huge if true.

most important thing here is how you feel about going to concerts.

I personally know many people who've been violently ill, had brutal headaches, vomiting etc. and now two dead following the vax vs. mild cold symptoms for everyone I know that had the fear flu naturally. (were these reaction to the spike protein? no one knows) My personal experience is obviously skewed because most of my friends are young and not obese also way more of them have had at least one jab than those who had cov. I come back to my main point which is why should someone who's already had the virus need to vax to protect your grandma? This is not consistent with how immunity is thought to work. I thought the research I linked on damage caused by the spike protein was relevant for two reasons, some of the jabs get your body to make the spike, and the research claims to be the first published on the subject and it's only dated late last year, so we just don't know what the long term effects are if we haven't even studied the short term effects sufficiently.
    What are you scared of? It's free and easy to get. Stop whining

I personally know many people who've been violently ill, had brutal headaches, vomiting etc. and now two dead following the vax vs. mild cold symptoms for everyone I know that had the fear flu naturally. (were these reaction to the spike protein? no one knows) My personal experience is obviously skewed because most of my friends are young and not obese also way more of them have had at least one jab than those who had cov. I come back to my main point which is why should someone who's already had the virus need to vax to protect your grandma? This is not consistent with how immunity is thought to work. I thought the research I linked on damage caused by the spike protein was relevant for two reasons, some of the jabs get your body to make the spike, and the research claims to be the first published on the subject and it's only dated late last year, so we just don't know what the long term effects are if we haven't even studied the short term effects sufficiently.
    President Trump got the jab.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    former pResident Trump got the jab.
    Fify

So who’s dining at restaurants?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0820.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	373707

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    2 dead? Ok. Huge if true.

most important thing here is how you feel about going to concerts.
    If concerts don't start up again soon I'll kill more people than covid!

Like the country music festival in Vegas?

Tucker Carlson spewing some bs on air last night claiming "between late December of 2020, and last month, a total of 3,362 people apparently died after getting the COVID vaccines in the United States." Carlson cited data from a federal database called VAERS, short for Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, to insinuate that the Covid-19 vaccines are problematic. But the VAERS database is an "early warning system" full of self-reported info, not verified accounts of adverse events. The CDC states that "reports to VAERS of death following vaccination do not necessarily mean the vaccine caused the death."

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...-covid-vaccine

Well. You’re rampaging

And the mullet is full on party in the back.
    Just wear your pit vipers
    . . .

and now two dead following the vax
    You need to turn off Tucker.

As stated here by the CDC, “Reports of death to VAERS following vaccination do not necessarily mean the vaccine caused the death.”

Of the 145 million COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the United States from Dec. 14, 2020 through March 29, 2021, “VAERS received 2,509 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.” Having reviewed “available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records,” the CDC found “no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths”
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I personally know many people who've been violently ill, had brutal headaches, vomiting etc. and now two dead following the vax vs. mild cold symptoms for everyone I know that had the fear flu naturally. (were these reaction to the spike protein? no one knows) My personal experience is obviously skewed because most of my friends are young and not obese also way more of them have had at least one jab than those who had cov. I come back to my main point which is why should someone who's already had the virus need to vax to protect your grandma? This is not consistent with how immunity is thought to work. I thought the research I linked on damage caused by the spike protein was relevant for two reasons, 1 some of the jabs get your body to make the spike, and 2 the research claims to be the first published on the subject and it's only dated late last year, so we just don't know what the long term effects are if we haven't even studied the short term effects sufficiently.
    I'm trying to count exactly how many lies and falsehoods are in the above statement.

1. People who've been violently ill, headaches, vomiting - Definitely true, I was one of them after I got J&J. It lasted 24 hours. Mrs. NotDJSapp was wiped out for a day after pfizer #2 You're a pussy if this is your reason. Get the shot and take the next day off. You're not that important that you can't disappear for 24 hours.
    2. Two dead following the vax - People die every day for all kinds of reasons. Link to a story showing absolutely any kind of medical connection between your 2 dead friends and the vax or it didn't happen. I'm calling this 100% bullshit because this would have been global headlines and would have paused injections of whichever vax they received.
    3. Mild cold symptoms for everyone you know that had Covid. - Possible, but do you also believe that we're approaching 600k dead from covid as well? Do you know anyone over the age of 50?
    4. Why should someone who's already had it need to be vaxed - because this is how we end it. We collectively don't know if getting a mild case of covid is enough for your body to trigger enough immune response. We do know that the vax triggers an immune response orders of magnitude stronger than those who were simply infected. There are documented cases of people getting covid a second time and being hospitalized a second time. The variants are also a problem. The vax fixes this.
    5. This is not consistent with how immunity is thought to work - But by your own admission you get vaccinated for regular flu every year. So which is it? Immunity annually or forever? You have no clue what you're talking about.

So back to my point. Stop being a selfish bitch ass pussy and be part of the solution. Ask the nurse for some douche to get the sand out of your vag when you get your shot, because clearly it's all pink and puffy and irritated. I'm sorry the world is asking you to do something hard for the first time in your life, and you're not going to get a trophy after it's done. If you're really lucky and play your cards right you might get a rainbow band aid and a lollypop. Fuck it, I'll venmo you $5 so you can go get an ice cream after you post up your vax card.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

I come back to my main point which is why should someone who's already had the virus need to vax to protect your grandma? This is not consistent with how immunity is thought to work.

I thought the research I linked on damage caused by the spike protein was relevant for two reasons
    With Covid-19 the evidence clearly shows protection from vaccination is superior to protection from natural infection alone. Vaccines also give you more protection against variants. In places heavily impacted by variants like Brazil and now India not only are previously infected people getting reinfected but disease severity appears to be worse for younger people, too.

If you're concerned about the long term effects from the Spike protein then the safest way to protect yourself is through intramuscular vaccination, not infecting your ACE2 expression rich airways after breathing the virus in.