Page 712 of 929 FirstFirst ... 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... LastLast
Results 17,776 to 17,800 of 23206
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the best way to not gits the butthutts cause the cheese puff wordprocesser bro to call you out as a stokeless poliasshat
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post

There are several who are making significant contributions through this thread, and I have 'called them out' repeatedly - Positively.

good luck. tj
    TO VACCINATE OR NOT---THE RAT FLU ODYSSEY CONTINUES
    I'm sorry you feel the need to call ONLY me out for what you deem not related to promoting vaccines. I disagree.. Pointing out the hypocrisy exhibited by the "OR NOT" folks is intended to help them reconsider how silly and dangerous their choice is to themselves and others. Again, are we no longer discussing the "Or Not" aspect of this and how foolish that choice is?

P.S. The giant hole in CDC left by the former to no loner be discussed is definitely a reason many didn't get the adequate and accurate info to make the right decision.. and we're still suffering from that damage.. It's still relevant..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    the best way to not gits the butthutts cause the cheese puff wordprocesser bro to call you out as a stokeless poliasshat
    thanks. I laughed -

had to read it three times, but I am pretty-sure I am the cheese puff wordprocessor...

thanks, SFB. skiJ
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    The fact that covid exists in animal populations is another reason we can't vax our way out of this. It's not like smallpox which only occurs in humans and can be eradicated through vaccination.
    Seems like flawed reasoning to me. Vaccinations should help as much against animal vectors as human vectors.

He’s just spewing polyass hat bullshit here.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Moderna booster on board. 12 hours in, the injection site is sore and stiff but other than that no side effects so far.

My sister delivered Covid to the rest of the family on thanksgiving weekend. 3 breakthrough cases so far. Luckily we were working and didn’t attend. My wife decided it was definitely time for me to get boosted before our annual Christmas obligations come due.
    I'm right around hour 48 post moderna booster. Hours 24-48 were brutal - incredibly uncomfortable. My armpit felt like I had a giant boil in it; even just moving my arm would leave me wincing in pain. Fever of 101, nausea, hotflashes and chills, just awful.

Still, I'm glad I did it. 100% worthwhile.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Deer have been found with covid!!

Good thing I’m never closer than 50 feet to a deer.

Cats can get covid though!!

Good thing house-pets get vaccines regularly.

Pangolins though!!!! Etc etc etc

SJG.
    ... I have not 'called you out' for not promoting vaccination - I believe you support vaccination.
    in your term(s), I have 'called you out' for 'bashing' ( my term) the former prez. in this thead.

'We' can promote vaccination without mentioning the former prez. ;
    mentioning the former prez. immediately undermines you position regarding vaccination with those who do not agree...
    ( please) leave that in polyass.

I got significant similar reactions to a couple of other claims I objected to
    ( you have not been completely singled-out, though I appreciate that feeling. )

looking forward,
    I look foward to advancement in vaccine (technology)( extended immunity and ,,, other parameters ) -
    intranasal delivery has been mentioned as potentially reducing transmissibility.

we 'll see how effective current vaccination is for omicron...

the 'pandemic of the Unvaccinated' with Delta has made it challenging to promote vaccination to those who are Antivaccination, given the ease with which demands for lifetime, sterilizing immunity are made...

'we' don't persuade anyone with insults -
    dismissing the beliefs of others as "BS" ,,, only solidifies the disagreement.

like ugly-, I have several times held my comments to see where the discussion goes...

despite a friend who died of covid, and other friends who have had covid and been at-risk,
    I am not afraid of covid as I was a year ago... However,

a pandemic disease with the parameters mentioned above , ,,, I don't know - -

If 'we' choose individual freedom of Choice and disagreement-and-argument over survival and community,
    I don't know that those choices promote survival of the community/society - or the species.

... please take polyass. to polyass., or at least 'fear and loathing' -

we 'll get through covid - but 'we' have divisions to overcome.

vaccination is a good tool to maintain one's immunity/resistance to covid.

peace - Out. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 12-04-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Most pets are low to the ground where our droplets go.. Theirs are less likely to reach us than our are to reach them.. Same goes for little kids.. Lower to the ground so they're more likely to get it from us than us from them.. kid to adult is documented. Pet to human is not (right?).

Wouldn't surprise me to see vets recommending COVID vaccines for pets within a year or two assuming there isn't some massive miracle to eliminate it.

What do these diseases that have animal reservoirs or vectors have in common?

Diphtheria
    Yellow Fever
    Influenza
    Dengue
    JEE
    TBE
    Malaria
    Anthrax

Answer: Vaccines
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Off topic, but not necessarily polyasshatted..

Skis are tuned and in the box. Last leftover turkey sammich made, cooler packed. I'm going skiing tomorrow bitches..

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Deer have been found with covid!!

Good thing I’m never closer than 50 feet to a deer.

Cats can get covid though!!

Good thing house-pets get vaccines regularly.

Pangolins though!!!! Etc etc etc
    You blow ONE Pangolin...

Pretty sure I posted this a year ago, but...

The fact that covid exists in animal populations is another reason we can't vax our way out of this. It's not like smallpox which only occurs in humans and can be eradicated through vaccination.

"Solutions", i.e. pie-in-the-sky wish list with arbitrary numbers:
    1. Stop gain-of-function research until it can be properly regulated. Any research facility should be isolated (not in a city like Wuhan with a population > 10 million people, this is ludicrous) and staff coming out of the facility should need to quarantine for 3 weeks before rejoining "society". If an outbreak occurs then that country gets trade and travel restricted for 6 months or longer.

2. Outlaw mandatory vaccines, health passports, etc. None of this is going to do anything except for further hurt the economy and empower totalitarian leaders. Likely it's part of a scheme to roll out digital currencies anyway. Watch what happens in Europe which is the epicenter of this Build Back Better bullshit and the Klaus Schwab circus. It's no coincidence all of the more draconian policies are coming from those who were part of his World Economic Forum "junior leaders" program. Same with Tedros at the WHO, european central bankers, etc.

Good luck everyone!
    I can't imagine having this bad of a word view. Good luck with all that!

T
    2.... empower totalitarian leaders.
    !
    You mean like trying to overthrow a fair, legislated, 62 fold court evaluated democratic election?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    You mean like trying to overthrow a fair, legislated, 62 fold court evaluated democratic election?
    More importantly, we're all losing sight of the totalitarian leaders wanting to rollout untraceable, uncontrollable digital currency for some reason. That's why the entire world is doing this - not practical mitigations during a collective health crisis. It's about da bitcoin. JFC... dummies with brain worms.

So...it's Hilary again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Do you think your call out makes any difference?

The ones you are calling out get a woody from being called out.

The rest of us were smart enough to either use the ignore function or just plain let it go because we understand that no one believes this shtick any more.

Austin/Cono etc are not worth your time.

Only on TGR, is the PRC, in a discussion on Covid, a protected entity. Wow.

Back on topic, and based on this news, we will be getting jabbed for the rest of our lives.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Pretty sure Small Pox was a respiratory illness pretty much eradicated by vaccines. If anyone thinks vaccines haven't GREATLY reduced the risk and carnage of those threats listed you are beyond hope..

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any of those have been eradicated. Maybe Diphtheria was close but then wasn't there a resurgence? And isn't that caused by bacteria?
    Also how many of those have existing prophylactics and/or treatments that are safe?
    Flu is the closest thing (respiratory virus) and probably won't ever be eradicated.
    And the moron doubles down on the dumbfuckery.

god damn, fucking street people in India look at you morons and say “what the fuck?”

One infectious disease got eradicated 50 years ago.

So you’re saying covid is gonna be like every other infectious disease but one.

Cool. Thanks.

Can anyone name one that vaccines are completely ineffective against that's wreaking havoc on society world wide?

So we’ve got the zero post troll spreading bullshit.

Can anyone name a respiratory virus with known animal reservoirs that has been successfully eradicated?
    To date, only one infectious disease that affects humans has been eradicated.* In 1980, after decades of efforts by the World Health Organization, the World Health Assembly endorsed a statement declaring smallpox eradicated. Coordinated efforts rid the world of a disease that had once killed up to 35% of its victims and left others scarred or blind.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/co...se-eradication

The point raised is stupid by virtue of it raising an issue for which there is an example of measure zero.

Or maybe because virtually no diseases have ever been eradicated, we should just give up.

Fucking stupid argument, fractional stack.

Smallpox, like whooping cough, has no known animal reservoirs and that's a big reason why those vaccines are as effective as they are.
    I can see you are an expert on many things. My question for you is: Are you interested in buying some commemorative gold bullion coins? It's the currency totalitarian despots don't want you to know about! Own the libs with your purchase - PM Rontele for more info.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any of those have been eradicated. Maybe Diphtheria was close but then wasn't there a resurgence? And isn't that caused by bacteria?
    Also how many of those have existing prophylactics and/or treatments that are safe?
    Flu is the closest thing (respiratory virus) and probably won't ever be eradicated.
    Awesome. Consider this a pyrrhic victory for you. If total eradication is the only measure of success then you are probably correct. Most of us would consider vaccines to still be considered effective if they keep disease at bay.