Page 118 of 929 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 23206

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Got Pfizer (my employer) #2 had sore arm, bit of indigestion for a few hours, still rallied for outside beers with friend day after. Today, 2 days later, did a big road ride and feel great. Big relief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moffat County FTW. 1st Moderna shot today, easier than voting. Felt all warm and a little queasy right after the injection. Arm sore, worse than when I get the flu shot, but it was tolerable after a walk and applying a Salonpas patch. Doubled-down on cbd dosage for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Rationale is entirely based on conjecture and general medical/biology "gestalt". Not on data. Yet (at least AFAIK).

If your immune system has already been exposed to the SARS CoV2 antigen, either by viral infection or your initial vaccination shot, your second exposure might well elicit a more avid response. Makes sense from a bio-teloelogical standpoint. But not yet proven, at least for the current crop of SARS CoV2 vaccines.

But the key thing here is that every individual's immune system is different, and the body in which that immune system resides is also different, so responses to vaccination will vary, regardless of whether the individual has had prior exposure either by virus or vaccine. Some will have no or little side effect, others will have more. Perhaps those previously exposed or immunized will have a more avid response to another trigger (in fact prolly more possible), but this is not a given, and varies widely (but in a Gaussian distribution) from person to person.
    I'm considered a long hauler.
    Got covid on Jan 3rd.
    Didn't feel semi normal until March 12th.
    I'm still not well.
    Got my first Phizer shot March 17th.
    Only a sore arm for 5 days.
    No other side effects.
    So you are correct, everyone's immune system is different.
    Now about that second shot I get on April 13th.
    That one actually has me pretty scared.
    I have never been as sick as I was with Covid.
    Could not sleep as I had to force myself to take a breath.
    65 days of that shit every fucking breath.
    This second shot really has me worried right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Got covid on Jan 3rd.
    I'm still not well.
    No other side effects.
    Damn dude. That's rough. Good luck to you.

Got covid on Jan 3rd.
    I'm still not well.
    No other side effects.
    News report the other night said the vax was providing relief to many who are considered long-haulers. Hopefully you will be one who benefits.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Got covid on Jan 3rd.
    I'm still not well.
    No other side effects.
    Get better Twins ... going to have to make the 2022 parking lot birthday party one to remember when you're back in form
    Hope these shots help get you on to healing fast. Glad the first one was ok, betting the second will be good too. Stay well and safe.
    If there is anything I can do for you two, just give a shout. I'm only a couple of hours up the road.

There's talk that the second dose isn't necessary for people who've had Covid--that antibody levels after the first shot are comparable to levels after shot 2 in people who haven't had the disease. That's nobody's official policy though.
    This is all based on antibody levels, not on following people who got Covid and one shot to see if they get Covid again. The latter would be the gold standard.
    https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...e-second-doses

Twins sorry to hear it. We have a long hauler friend in MSP who has been dealing and sharing her experience since March. It is her writings in particular that made it easy for us to really keep the clamps tight on our mitigation for the entire last year. She just now is getting Pfizer 1. Will be interesting to see if she gets some relief.

My stepson is 18 and his gf got the Pfizer 1 yesterday. Asthmatic with a scary history of anaphylaxis from food allergies reported no problems thankfully other than sore arm. His gf apparently got so tired she could barely move last night. He had to wait 30 min after the shot instead of 15. I changed out a CV boot in his Subie while he drove our Trump country road warrior Prius an hour to get it. (Gf also 18...essential Target worker...pre nursing student). Other than our almost 11 yo our entire extended family at least has shot 1 yeah!
    Last edited by uglymoney; 03-28-2021 at 11:05 AM.

In case you wanted to know whats going on in my armpits right now
    https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...mmunity--68594

Feel like shit today, just like when I had that nasty wheezy crud (I suspect covid), back in January '20, which took me several weeks to kick. Felt like I got hit by a bus last night. Could barely move my arm this morning, sore like a mofo now. Body aches and pains all over with brain fog, chills and shortness of breath. Good times. Really looking forward to my second shot... but I suppose I'm still grateful.

I had mild symptoms when I had Covid back in Nov. I’d say my reaction to the first shot was as bad if not worse. Second shot this week, we will see how that goes. Just like the virus, it seems to effect everyone differently.

Kinda wish I had held out for the J&J so just had to do it once. Sounds like there’s a lot of J&J doses coming down the pipeline soon.

24 hrs after my second Pfizer I just feel kinda hungover and lazy. Which is about normal for a Sunday morning.

Holy shit. The no waste walmart list worked. Called us today. Scheduled for Tuesday. Did not expect that as demand in the Seattle area seems strong.

Whoo hoo! Got on the volunteer list for April 3rd. Hopefully they will have a jab for me (they say it's not guaranteed)
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Should I drive an hour to Stayton to get vaxxed?

I was sent an eligibility event notice email via the central getvaccinated.oregon.gov site.
    Supposedly my phase eligibility starts Apr 5 per announcement by the Gov on Fri. & this isn’t my county. This event is for this Tues 3/30.
    Does this out-of-the-way hospital just not have enough possible candidates?
    No idea which drug they are giving.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

I was sent an eligibility event notice email via the central getvaccinated.oregon.gov site.
    Supposedly my phase eligibility starts Apr 5 per announcement by the Gov on Fri. & this isn’t my county. This event is for this Tues 3/30.
    Go for it! At the start of the new phase you'll likely face heavy competition for an appointment so you'll likely save more than the 7 days.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Maybe I spoke a little too soon. Felt great Friday and yesterday. Nice hard MTB ride in the afternoon, etc. Woke up at one point in the middle of last night drenched in sweat/feverish. Felt good again today though, just a little tired. Around 8pm started to feel kinda dizzy/weird/feverish. First shot was definitely worse, but I kinda thought I skated through the second shot. I guess it's just my immune system doing immune system things.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

Do it! I feel bad for people who are still having so much trouble getting a shot. Half the adult population of the country has already gotten at least 1 dose, and they're administering 3 million doses a day, I cannot reconcile that information with how difficult it seems to be for people in certain areas to get vaccinated. Something's fucky.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Whoo hoo! Got on the volunteer list for April 3rd. Hopefully they will have a jab for me (they say it's not guaranteed)
    Awesome! If they don't have one for you, I'd call bullshit. They've had so many open slots, it's pretty inconceivable that there aren't spares at any given time. One step closer to normal...

Pfizer #2 went in my arm 24 hours ago. Injection site is slightly sore, otherwise fine. I had zero side effects from the 1st jab.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Awesome! If they don't have one for you, I'd call bullshit. They've had so many open slots, it's pretty inconceivable that there aren't spares at any given time. One step closer to normal...
    I'm just so damn tickled at the thought of getting jabbed that I keep thinking about all the things I could do more comfortably like get my insanely long hair cut. It's so long I'm going to be able to donate what I cut off to a program that makes and donates wigs to children with hair loss related to health issues.

Paper last night reported there will be 1k possibly 2.5k doses for this clinic. I have 2 friends who volunteered and both got jabbed so fingers crossed. If not... oh well...I need to volunteer more and at this point it's not that far off.

New study from the CDC says Pfizer and Moderna are 90% effective at preventing covid (regardless of symptom status) two weeks after second shot, but the really good news is that it is 80% effective two weeks after your FIRST shot.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7013e3_w

What is added by this report?

Prospective cohorts of 3,950 health care personnel, first responders, and other essential and frontline workers completed weekly SARS-CoV-2 testing for 13 consecutive weeks. Under real-world conditions, mRNA vaccine effectiveness of full immunization (≥14 days after second dose) was 90% against SARS-CoV-2 infections regardless of symptom status; vaccine effectiveness of partial immunization (≥14 days after first dose but before second dose) was 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    New study from the CDC says Pfizer and Moderna are 90% effective at preventing covid (regardless of symptom status) two weeks after second shot, but the really good news is that it is 80% effective two weeks after your FIRST shot.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7013e3_w

What is added by this report?

Prospective cohorts of 3,950 health care personnel, first responders, and other essential and frontline workers completed weekly SARS-CoV-2 testing for 13 consecutive weeks. Under real-world conditions, mRNA vaccine effectiveness of full immunization (≥14 days after second dose) was 90% against SARS-CoV-2 infections regardless of symptom status; vaccine effectiveness of partial immunization (≥14 days after first dose but before second dose) was 80%.
    Our friend got Covid 7 days after the first shot - hockey game. For god's sake people, keep your shit under control until you are FULLY vaccinated.

Israel also saw a spike before cases plummeted after vaccinations (and a lockdown).

It's also interesting that their cases have come down so far considering the spread of the variant there. Hopefully, good news for us.

"In early February, Israeli authorities started to ease some lockdown restrictions. Cases were still near their all-time highs — and by then, B.1.1.7 accounted for nearly 100 percent of them...Now more than 50 percent of Israelis have been fully vaccinated, and the country is averaging fewer than 1,000 new daily cases for the first time since November — a number that has plummeted nearly 75 percent over the last two and a half weeks alone.."

https://news.yahoo.com/us-covid-case...132844520.html

UK is looking good too. Zero Covid deaths reported in London yesterday: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-56494521