Page 706 of 795 FirstFirst ... 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 ... LastLast
Results 17,626 to 17,650 of 19862
  1. #17626
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,397
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Did the article say that the unvaccinated seniors would be jailed? Maybe they will just forfeit 100 euros of their pension. Maybe if they don’t pay the fine they’ll be denied care. I guess we’ll find out.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It didn’t say. I’m speculating.

    Greece is a financial mess. 100€ is a lot of money over there for the average Greek.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  2. #17627
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Lulz, it's so fucking obvious what MF is trying to peddle.
    Those unclean yellow peril virus engineers, bending the semantic agenda to extend their evil political ends, heaven forbid.
    Next, he'll have a full Facebook exposé complete with cellphone pictures of his local hospital.
    We can almost always count on MF to bring in the completely moranic right-wing talking points...

  3. #17628
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,857
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

    Greece is a financial mess. 100€ is a lot of money over there for the average Greek.
    Yes. Luckily there's a very easy way to avoid paying the fine.

  4. #17629
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yes. Luckily there's a very easy way to avoid paying the fine.
    Why do you hate freedom?????
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

  5. #17630
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    2 hours from anything
    Posts
    9,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Yes, I'm well aware of these concepts, but I still have having trouble believing the immune escape and R0 combination required to generate the SA data. I think it is a sampling issue. Otherwise, as I said, Measles would be jealous (and we might be proper fuct unless virulence took a dive).


    (I *heart* OWID)
    Have there been any known fatalities from Omicron yet? Google as of two days ago says no. Is there any evidence yet to dash my (unrealistic) hope that this thing is far less severe but more transmissible and it burns through the world basically ending the pandemic?

  6. #17631
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,857
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Why do you hate freedom?????
    Hey, we've always been told that freedom isn't free. This is just one more example of that.

  7. #17632
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Yes, I'm well aware of these concepts, but I still have having trouble believing the immune escape and R0 combination required to generate the SA data. I think it is a sampling issue. Otherwise, as I said, Measles would be jealous (and we might be proper fuct unless virulence took a dive).

    As to the vaccine target map, which is based on uptake, well, kinda. That's just one thing to look at. You also have to consider population risk factors and uptake in target populations. For variant prevention you also have to consider the efficacy of the vaccines deployed to some extent.

    However, for variant prevention, this map is arguably as or more important than the total vaccine uptake map, but it is very politically incorrect to discuss in the open.


    (I *heart* OWID)
    How are the numbers out of SA factoring in for you? I'm similarly hopeful that there are some sampling issues at work there, probably including an anomoly at the low point, but wouldn't measles be jealous of a jump from 312 to 8561 in nine days? Getting down to 312 cases as omicron was starting off (just when SA was basking in their recent victory) might make getting to 90% omicron unusually easy. One way or another, this seems like (partly, at least) an example of LSL's oft-repeated case for heterogeneity in spread.

    https://sacoronavirus.co.za/category/daily-cases/

  8. #17633
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,297
    I have a reasonable picture of US surveillance.

    I am not going to pretend I understand SA surveillance. Heterogeneity in spread may also be coupled with profound multifactorial heterogeneity in surveillance.

    1st Omicron case in California.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  9. #17634
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I am not going to pretend I understand SA surveillance. Heterogeneity in spread may also be coupled with profound multifactorial heterogeneity in surveillance.
    That's what I'm hoping. Don't know how realistic it is, but the numbers don't seem inconsistent with that, anyway.

  10. #17635
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,677
    I’m in the post-jab waiting area; Pfizer. Hoping for the best, but the next 24 hours might mildly suck.

  11. #17636
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,767
    Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    I’m in the post-jab waiting area; Pfizer. Hoping for the best, but the next 24 hours might mildly suck.
    You’ll be fine


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #17637
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    7,220
    Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    I’m in the post-jab waiting area; Pfizer. Hoping for the best, but the next 24 hours might mildly suck.
    Beats intubation! Thank you for helping society and yourself..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  13. #17638
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ootarded
    Posts
    3,649
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Not familiar with trench humor? Geez. You must be fun at parties
    We’ll, if you’re actually in the trenches like MagUni or beaterd (sorry Austin, but skulking around your local ICU with phone in hand doesn’t count), stoopid alt-right memes don’t fly all that well. But I bet you’re a regular laff riot at your Proud Boys parties.

  14. #17639
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    valley of the heart's delight
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Have there been any known fatalities from Omicron yet? Google as of two days ago says no. Is there any evidence yet to dash my (unrealistic) hope that this thing is far less severe but more transmissible and it burns through the world basically ending the pandemic?
    Stop with the optimism already. We need gloom and doom to drive clicks and sell ads.

    Great thinking though! Would be pretty awesome to get a variant that spreads well, provides immunity, and causes minimal disease.

  15. #17640
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,297

    To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

    Millions around the world have died , hundreds of thousands in the us have died, we are facing a mutated virus with unknown danger…but Textucky is outraged at their PC editing of the variant nomenclature!!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  16. #17641
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,593
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    An interesting observation.
    Your talking about the Safeway in Truckee - down the street from the high school?

    Let me know if it’s a trend.

    Mall mask behavior was interesting to observe at Meadowwoods mall last weekend
    It was Safeway in Tahoe city.

    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

  17. #17642
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I was in Safeway the other day around lunch time a whole bunch of high school kids came in, to get stuff for luck i guess, none had a mask.

    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Were they obese, wearing American Flag T-hats, or carrying buck knives?

  18. #17643
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,297
    It is fair to be critical of the WHO's servile position to the PRC which also caused a poor initial response to this pandemic instead of leading the charge, syringes drawn. Remember, WHO was publicly praising PRC hard early on saying what a great job PRC was doing so that PRC wouldn't cut off funding and information while PRC actively lied through their teeth about human to human transmission, the breadth of the outbreak, timing, origins, and other key pieces of information while demanding that nobody cut travel with them while they cut travel within their own country but pushed people to travel abroad that they knew were infected. The same WHO who didn't declare a global pandemic until March 11, 2020, based on PRC pressure, when the whole world knew it was a global pandemic for weeks. Montucky is fucky about plenty, but calling out WHO for being PRC's bitch, that is a legit callout.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  19. #17644
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Millions around the world have died , hundreds of thousands in the us have died, we are facing a mutated virus with unknown danger…but Textucky is outraged at their PC editing of the variant nomenclature!!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    He was denied a circle jerk and he's not happy about it and he would like to speak to the manager of variants.

  20. #17645
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    7,220
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Great thinking though! Would be pretty awesome to get a variant that spreads well, provides immunity, and causes minimal disease.
    We have that already. You can get it at Walgreens.. Only obstacle is stupidity...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  21. #17646
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    We’ll, if you’re actually in the trenches like MagUni or beaterd
    I thought we were "all in this together." So long as we ALL have been effected, have lost people, have had to shut down society, wear masks, get the same shots, etc., then yeah, it's ok if we ALL get to crack some jokes too. ESPECIALLY when in relation to Xi cuz screw that guy.

  22. #17647
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    9,563
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Were they obese, wearing American Flag T-hats, or carrying buck knives?
    Tahoe City!

    They were just stoned
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  23. #17648
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    It is fair to be critical of the WHO's servile position to the PRC which also caused a poor initial response to this pandemic instead of leading the charge, syringes drawn. Remember, WHO was publicly praising PRC hard early on saying what a great job PRC was doing so that PRC wouldn't cut off funding and information while PRC actively lied through their teeth about human to human transmission, the breadth of the outbreak, timing, origins, and other key pieces of information while demanding that nobody cut travel with them while they cut travel within their own country but pushed people to travel abroad that they knew were infected. The same WHO who didn't declare a global pandemic until March 11, 2020, based on PRC pressure, when the whole world knew it was a global pandemic for weeks. Montucky is fucky about plenty, but calling out WHO for being PRC's bitch, that is a legit callout.
    THANK YOU. That's what I'm getting at. Skipping Xi is a pretty bitch move. Crazy how so many here are too busy gargling Pooh Bear's tiny little balls to admit that it is. Looks like Spook's been busy doing his part for the People's Republic indoctrinating this crowd!

  24. #17649
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    19,297
    Get your flu shots people... it used to be that if you have a respiratory illness, it is COVID because everything is COVID. Of course there was some RSV and Rhinovirus never went away.

    Now I am seeing a lot of Flu A (likely H3N2) in the ER, and hospitalizations, including younger people, and including COVID + Flu coinfections (we are calling it Fluvid). Nobody is wearing masks anymore so seasonal RVs are back.

    Get your booster and get your Flu shot!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  25. #17650
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,112
    Where did we end up on whether or not it’s appropriate to have a good laugh at idiots?

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...dical-freedom/

    Marcus Lamb, founder of the large Christian television network Daystar, died Tuesday after contracting the coronavirus. Lamb’s network during the pandemic has made the virus a huge focus, calling it a satanic attack that should not be treated with vaccines. He was 64 years old.
    Daystar is the second-largest Christian TV network in the world, according to CBN News, a competitor, reaching 2 billion people worldwide. Its brand is a fluid, modern, charismatic faith, more about general good vs. evil, miraculous healings and religious freedom than any specific denominational theology.
    During the pandemic, Lamb and his network went in big with anti-vaccine conspiracy claims, hosting daily interviews with skeptics who talked about alleged dangerous, hidden forces pushing vaccines and stealing Christians’ freedoms. One section of a Daystar webpage titled “Vaccines: The Unauthorized Truth” begins: “What if the most dangerous thing your child could face in life is the very thing you’re told by your doctor is safe?”
    “There’s no doubt in my mind that this is a spiritual attack from the enemy,” Lamb’s son, Jonathan, said on the network earlier this month about his father’s covid-19 bout, Relevant magazine reported Tuesday. Talking about the alternative, unfounded treatments his parents promoted, Jonathan Lamb said: “There’s no doubt that the enemy is not happy about that. And he’s doing everything he can to take down my Dad.”
    Daystar spokesman Arnold Torres declined to comment Tuesday on Lamb’s career or his views of his illness before he died, or whether he was vaccinated.
    “The family asks that their privacy be respected as they grieve this difficult loss,” Torres wrote in an email. “Please continue to lift them up in prayer.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •