Page 706 of 795 FirstFirst ... 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 ... LastLast
Results 17,626 to 17,650 of 19862
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Did the article say that the unvaccinated seniors would be jailed? Maybe they will just forfeit 100 euros of their pension. Maybe if they don’t pay the fine they’ll be denied care. I guess we’ll find out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It didn’t say. I’m speculating.

Greece is a financial mess. 100€ is a lot of money over there for the average Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Lulz, it's so fucking obvious what MF is trying to peddle.
    Those unclean yellow peril virus engineers, bending the semantic agenda to extend their evil political ends, heaven forbid.
    Next, he'll have a full Facebook exposé complete with cellphone pictures of his local hospital.
    We can almost always count on MF to bring in the completely moranic right-wing talking points...

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

Greece is a financial mess. 100€ is a lot of money over there for the average Greek.
    Yes. Luckily there's a very easy way to avoid paying the fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yes. Luckily there's a very easy way to avoid paying the fine.
    Why do you hate freedom?????
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Yes, I'm well aware of these concepts, but I still have having trouble believing the immune escape and R0 combination required to generate the SA data. I think it is a sampling issue. Otherwise, as I said, Measles would be jealous (and we might be proper fuct unless virulence took a dive).

(I *heart* OWID)
    Have there been any known fatalities from Omicron yet? Google as of two days ago says no. Is there any evidence yet to dash my (unrealistic) hope that this thing is far less severe but more transmissible and it burns through the world basically ending the pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Why do you hate freedom?????
    Hey, we've always been told that freedom isn't free. This is just one more example of that.

Yes, I'm well aware of these concepts, but I still have having trouble believing the immune escape and R0 combination required to generate the SA data. I think it is a sampling issue. Otherwise, as I said, Measles would be jealous (and we might be proper fuct unless virulence took a dive).

As to the vaccine target map, which is based on uptake, well, kinda. That's just one thing to look at. You also have to consider population risk factors and uptake in target populations. For variant prevention you also have to consider the efficacy of the vaccines deployed to some extent.

However, for variant prevention, this map is arguably as or more important than the total vaccine uptake map, but it is very politically incorrect to discuss in the open.

(I *heart* OWID)
    How are the numbers out of SA factoring in for you? I'm similarly hopeful that there are some sampling issues at work there, probably including an anomoly at the low point, but wouldn't measles be jealous of a jump from 312 to 8561 in nine days? Getting down to 312 cases as omicron was starting off (just when SA was basking in their recent victory) might make getting to 90% omicron unusually easy. One way or another, this seems like (partly, at least) an example of LSL's oft-repeated case for heterogeneity in spread.

https://sacoronavirus.co.za/category/daily-cases/

I have a reasonable picture of US surveillance.

I am not going to pretend I understand SA surveillance. Heterogeneity in spread may also be coupled with profound multifactorial heterogeneity in surveillance.

1st Omicron case in California.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I am not going to pretend I understand SA surveillance. Heterogeneity in spread may also be coupled with profound multifactorial heterogeneity in surveillance.
    That's what I'm hoping. Don't know how realistic it is, but the numbers don't seem inconsistent with that, anyway.

I’m in the post-jab waiting area; Pfizer. Hoping for the best, but the next 24 hours might mildly suck.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    I’m in the post-jab waiting area; Pfizer. Hoping for the best, but the next 24 hours might mildly suck.
    You’ll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Beats intubation! Thank you for helping society and yourself..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Not familiar with trench humor? Geez. You must be fun at parties
    We’ll, if you’re actually in the trenches like MagUni or beaterd (sorry Austin, but skulking around your local ICU with phone in hand doesn’t count), stoopid alt-right memes don’t fly all that well. But I bet you’re a regular laff riot at your Proud Boys parties.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Have there been any known fatalities from Omicron yet? Google as of two days ago says no. Is there any evidence yet to dash my (unrealistic) hope that this thing is far less severe but more transmissible and it burns through the world basically ending the pandemic?
    Stop with the optimism already. We need gloom and doom to drive clicks and sell ads.

Great thinking though! Would be pretty awesome to get a variant that spreads well, provides immunity, and causes minimal disease.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Millions around the world have died , hundreds of thousands in the us have died, we are facing a mutated virus with unknown danger…but Textucky is outraged at their PC editing of the variant nomenclature!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    An interesting observation.
    Your talking about the Safeway in Truckee - down the street from the high school?

Let me know if it’s a trend.

Mall mask behavior was interesting to observe at Meadowwoods mall last weekend
    It was Safeway in Tahoe city.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I was in Safeway the other day around lunch time a whole bunch of high school kids came in, to get stuff for luck i guess, none had a mask.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Were they obese, wearing American Flag T-hats, or carrying buck knives?

It is fair to be critical of the WHO's servile position to the PRC which also caused a poor initial response to this pandemic instead of leading the charge, syringes drawn. Remember, WHO was publicly praising PRC hard early on saying what a great job PRC was doing so that PRC wouldn't cut off funding and information while PRC actively lied through their teeth about human to human transmission, the breadth of the outbreak, timing, origins, and other key pieces of information while demanding that nobody cut travel with them while they cut travel within their own country but pushed people to travel abroad that they knew were infected. The same WHO who didn't declare a global pandemic until March 11, 2020, based on PRC pressure, when the whole world knew it was a global pandemic for weeks. Montucky is fucky about plenty, but calling out WHO for being PRC's bitch, that is a legit callout.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Millions around the world have died , hundreds of thousands in the us have died, we are facing a mutated virus with unknown danger…but Textucky is outraged at their PC editing of the variant nomenclature!!

He was denied a circle jerk and he's not happy about it and he would like to speak to the manager of variants.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Great thinking though! Would be pretty awesome to get a variant that spreads well, provides immunity, and causes minimal disease.
    We have that already. You can get it at Walgreens.. Only obstacle is stupidity...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    We’ll, if you’re actually in the trenches like MagUni or beaterd
    I thought we were "all in this together." So long as we ALL have been effected, have lost people, have had to shut down society, wear masks, get the same shots, etc., then yeah, it's ok if we ALL get to crack some jokes too. ESPECIALLY when in relation to Xi cuz screw that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Were they obese, wearing American Flag T-hats, or carrying buck knives?
    Tahoe City!

They were just stoned
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

It is fair to be critical of the WHO's servile position to the PRC which also caused a poor initial response to this pandemic instead of leading the charge, syringes drawn. Remember, WHO was publicly praising PRC hard early on saying what a great job PRC was doing so that PRC wouldn't cut off funding and information while PRC actively lied through their teeth about human to human transmission, the breadth of the outbreak, timing, origins, and other key pieces of information while demanding that nobody cut travel with them while they cut travel within their own country but pushed people to travel abroad that they knew were infected. The same WHO who didn't declare a global pandemic until March 11, 2020, based on PRC pressure, when the whole world knew it was a global pandemic for weeks. Montucky is fucky about plenty, but calling out WHO for being PRC's bitch, that is a legit callout.
    THANK YOU. That's what I'm getting at. Skipping Xi is a pretty bitch move. Crazy how so many here are too busy gargling Pooh Bear's tiny little balls to admit that it is. Looks like Spook's been busy doing his part for the People's Republic indoctrinating this crowd!

Get your flu shots people... it used to be that if you have a respiratory illness, it is COVID because everything is COVID. Of course there was some RSV and Rhinovirus never went away.

Now I am seeing a lot of Flu A (likely H3N2) in the ER, and hospitalizations, including younger people, and including COVID + Flu coinfections (we are calling it Fluvid). Nobody is wearing masks anymore so seasonal RVs are back.

Get your booster and get your Flu shot!

Where did we end up on whether or not it’s appropriate to have a good laugh at idiots?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...dical-freedom/

Marcus Lamb, founder of the large Christian television network Daystar, died Tuesday after contracting the coronavirus. Lamb’s network during the pandemic has made the virus a huge focus, calling it a satanic attack that should not be treated with vaccines. He was 64 years old.
    Daystar is the second-largest Christian TV network in the world, according to CBN News, a competitor, reaching 2 billion people worldwide. Its brand is a fluid, modern, charismatic faith, more about general good vs. evil, miraculous healings and religious freedom than any specific denominational theology.
    During the pandemic, Lamb and his network went in big with anti-vaccine conspiracy claims, hosting daily interviews with skeptics who talked about alleged dangerous, hidden forces pushing vaccines and stealing Christians’ freedoms. One section of a Daystar webpage titled “Vaccines: The Unauthorized Truth” begins: “What if the most dangerous thing your child could face in life is the very thing you’re told by your doctor is safe?”
    “There’s no doubt in my mind that this is a spiritual attack from the enemy,” Lamb’s son, Jonathan, said on the network earlier this month about his father’s covid-19 bout, Relevant magazine reported Tuesday. Talking about the alternative, unfounded treatments his parents promoted, Jonathan Lamb said: “There’s no doubt that the enemy is not happy about that. And he’s doing everything he can to take down my Dad.”
    Daystar spokesman Arnold Torres declined to comment Tuesday on Lamb’s career or his views of his illness before he died, or whether he was vaccinated.
    “The family asks that their privacy be respected as they grieve this difficult loss,” Torres wrote in an email. “Please continue to lift them up in prayer.”