Page 386 of 814 FirstFirst ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... LastLast
Results 9,626 to 9,650 of 20328
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Alive? Of course he's alive. He's just been de-platformed. All part of the plan, obviously.
    cancel culture

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I’m not sure where you are going with this post. Are you posting to show vaccination doesn’t work or to show vaccination works. Ambiguous post is ambiguous

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’ve mentioned before the anti-vax lady that rides with our MTB crew. She uses the Hippy-Dippy excuses rather than the Trumptard excuses for not vaccinating and claims her kids have not been vaxxed for anything.

Nobody has been too concerned since by nature of riding we are socially distant. For a while we all told her she had to lead all the time, because the rest of us (all vaxxed) could infect her if she was riding behind us. And her sense of direction sucks. But she and another guy in our crew started a “relationship” so we backed off a little on the ridicule.

Welp, now it’s crunch time. She’s an educator (yeahhh…) and our governor has mandated vaccinations for all school employees/volunteers and anyone in health care. They have until 10/18 or six weeks after full FDA approval to get the jab.

So what does she do? Protest loudly on her Facebook page, drawing laser-like attention in our tiny community. So far the reaction has not been favorable to her position.

No idea (other than butthurt) why she decided to further polarize the situation.

This is gonna get interesting. Rode with her FwB yesterday. He is backpedaling away from her at about 120rpm. Which is also kind of funny because everybody in our crew has known for some time where she sits on the matter.

Ahh, the joys of small town living…

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m not sure where you are going with this post. Are you posting to show vaccination doesn’t work or to show vaccination works. Ambiguous post is ambiguous

Did you read the article? I have no personal agenda.

Well except that breakthrough cases are hillarys fault.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Yes, I read the article. Vaccination provides great protection in spite of Covid delta breakthroughs.

Yeah, but, the Israel experience may be proving that we'll have to get at least annual, maybe eight month booster shots for maybe years.

Yeah, but, the Israel experience may be proving that we'll have to get at least annual, maybe eight month booster shots for maybe years.
    I get a flu shot every year, it takes like 10 minutes if you estimate high and include every moment spent thinking about it as about 30 seconds.

It’s literally like “oh flu shots, ok”
    paperwork,
    poke,
    my awesome joke when they needle me “OW! HOW DARE YOU MADAM”
    We all laugh, they tell me I’m a comedy genius and complement my magnum dong, and on with life.

Annual shot shouldn’t be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I get a flu shot every year, it takes like 10 minutes if you estimate high and include every moment spent thinking about it as about 30 seconds.

It’s literally like “oh flu shots, ok” paperwork, poke, my awesome joke when they needle me “OW! HOW DARE YOU MADAM”
    and on with life.
    And then I go get my groceries.

Better than dying

So here’s the thing though…. If I send that to my antivax guy, he’s instantly like “duh, CNN? You believe that fake bullshit? Come on!”
    Find another link

https://www.fox23.com/news/trending/...P25KPYNJVKF2Q/

Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Benny relax.

Nobody has cured the common cold and there's no way in hell they're going to cure C19.

Its turned into an amazing opportunity for big Pharma to create their first SAAS vaccine subscription platform.

For $20-$100/Quarter you're now able to pay for the freedoms you've had for the past 200 years. Worst case scenario is you'll get something's only mildly worse than the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    On vaccination vs. prior infection: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7032e1_w

TL;DR: if you've already been infected, getting vaccinated reduces your rate of reinfection by ~2x.
    Interesting, of course it makes sense but still needs to be studied.

Could you extrapolate that if one was fully vaxxed then caught covid delta ( protection only 70% so can happen at reasonable freq) that said person in future would be some factor less likely catching covid again? for a prolonged period?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

So here’s the thing though…. If I send that to my antivax guy, he’s instantly like “duh, CNN? You believe that fake bullshit? Come on!”
    Kinda like those people that say "duh faux news? You believe that fake bullsit? Come on!" ?

Maybe, but not necessarily:

- R0 is now below 1 among the vaccinated in Israel. As your article points out in spite of high vaccination rates, 78% of eligible adults but only 58% of total population, means nearly 40% of the population is unvaccinated and that's where high rates of new cases are occurring. It's unvaxxed kids bringing Delta home to older parents, grandparents. Boosters are working in >60+ population.

- Circulating antibodies from vaccination wane over time, but the B & T cell response in the adaptive immune system is longer lasting. That means even over time the immune system still prevents you from getting sick and shedding copious amounts of virus that can go on to infect someone else. Immunity also builds with subsequent exposure.

- Vaxxed breakthroughs are less infectious. In spite of similar viral loads when comparing natural infections with vaccine break through infections, viral culture positivity is lower for vaxxed people and viral load duration is much shorter.

-- Absolute numbers for both cases and disease are much lower among the vaccinated. As more and more people are vaccinated the percentage of vaxxed cases go up but absolute numbers go down:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Base Rate.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	383152

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Kinda like those people that say "duh faux news? You believe that fake bullsit? Come on!" ?
    Right, it’s kinda like that.

and I added a sweatshirt with a built-in zip "balaclava" hood (Sneffles FTW!)
    thanks for reppin !
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    thanks for reppin !
    Oh, no, thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Interesting, of course it makes sense but still needs to be studied.

Could you extrapolate that if one was fully vaxxed then caught covid delta ( protection only 70% so can happen at reasonable freq) that said person in future would be some factor less likely catching covid again? for a prolonged period?
    The human body is constantly making tradeoffs over how much energy to expend on its various systems. It's true for the immune system too.

Storing B-cells and T-cells takes energy. The adaptive immune system will allocate more resources in response to repeated attacks. For this reason, there's a lot of speculation over whether the mRNA doses should have been spaced further apart. First dose first countries like the U.K. and Canada seem to be fairing better than Israel which closely followed the 3-week Pfizer dosing schedule.

Anyway, if the goal is achieving the strongest immune response then this is probably it in rank order:
    1. Prior covid + mRNA 1-dose
    2. Adenoviral-vector vaccine 1st dose, mRNA 2nd dose
    3. 2 doses mRNA
    4. 2 doses adenoviral vector (AZ data)

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    These are demonstrably different things. CNN tries to call balls and strikes. It's mission is journalism as it is traditionally understood. When it fails to do a good job, it is because they don't do a good enough job sticking to the facts, they put talking heads on to "both-sides" issues where there are not two reasonable sides, they focus on stories that alarm because that gets eyeballs. CNN is basically the cable news version of USA Today. They're real journalists, but they have trouble focusing on substantive issues because they're mass market.

Fox is an entirely different animal. It was founded by Nixon administration officials because they wanted an agitprop organ to spread disinformation. That's because they want to do more Watergates and get away with it using concerted disinformation campaigns. Most Fox viewers don't know which of the "programs" are supposed to be "news" and which are "editorial." Most of the Fox programming is banned in other Western democracies with anti-propaganda laws. When Fox does not call balls and strikes and spreads disinformation, they consider this doing a good job. That's because their mission is not journalism as we traditionally understand it in this country - at least for those of us old enough to remember Walter Cronkite. They're Pravda for the American Republican Party, which is roughly equivalent to European far-right parties like the National Front or Golden Dawn, at least as far as it's national leaders go.

I realize that this might be a lot to digest for someone who is unfamiliar with the United States or with the sorry state of American journalism! Where do you live? I can post some links to some articles to help you with media literacy and I'd even be happy to recommend some trustworthy outlets that you can bookmark in your web browser if you'd like!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

∆∆∆ I feel pretty good about being in the 2nd category.J&J in April and Moderna last month.

Any thoughts on whether I should get the 2nd Moderna jab? There's no official guidance for breaking the rules....
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Oh, no, thank You!
    if uve got a pic of that full kit , we can get it in the gallery section on the frs webzite
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Maybe, but not necessarily:

- R0 is now below 1 among the vaccinated in Israel. As your article points out in spite of high vaccination rates, 78% of eligible adults but only 58% of total population, means nearly 40% of the population is unvaccinated and that's where high rates of new cases are occurring. It's unvaxxed kids bringing Delta home to older parents, grandparents. Boosters are working in >60+ population.

- Circulating antibodies from vaccination wane over time, but the B & T cell response in the adaptive immune system is longer lasting. That means even over time the immune system still prevents you from getting sick and shedding copious amounts of virus that can go on to infect someone else. Immunity also builds with subsequent exposure.

- Vaxxed breakthroughs are less infectious. In spite of similar viral loads when comparing natural infections with vaccine break through infections, viral culture positivity is lower for vaxxed people and viral load duration is much shorter.

-- Absolute numbers for both cases and disease are much lower among the vaccinated. As more and more people are vaccinated the percentage of vaxxed cases go up but absolute numbers go down:

Name:	Base Rate.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	383152
    I don't care. Give me the shot. Cheap, easy, no side effects here.

Name:	1CDD048D-FE79-46B0-8EE9-181EC0F0CD68.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	312.2 KB 
ID:	383153
    Forum Cross Pollinator