Page 351 of 808 FirstFirst ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 20195
  1. #8751
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    The vax doesn't prevent you from catching it. It doesn't prevent you from spreading it. What exactly is a booster going to boost?
    Yes it does. Yes it does (because of the first part). Immune response.

    How far up your ass did you have to go to pull that one out?

  2. #8752
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    916
    “Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.”

    ― Winston Churchill

  3. #8753
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    8,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    I don't believe Rand Paul either. It's good that people are promoting vaccines and things they hope will make society better. But we aren't talking about a 30% death rate here, why is everyone's blood pressure up so high.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Just one of many reasons.

    https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/stat...1%2Findex.html

  4. #8754
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    17,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Man the pure evil part of me wishes we'd started with Delta.
    Might have gotten a few more people to pay attention. Definitely would have culled a lot more. However that would have been ugly.

  5. #8755
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Impossible to knowl--I use an iPhone
    Posts
    12,760
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Last February, ahead of the widespread vaccine rollout he was posting articles claiming we were already on the cusp of herd immunity due to natural infection and that the pandemic would be over by April.
    Yes, he's a troll in the ILC/DBT tradition. Jimmy Carter an up and coming hopeful for the title.
    [quote][//quote]

  6. #8756
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Man the pure evil part of me wishes we'd started with Delta.
    I’m leaning that way. I have to go back to the hospital tomorrow and we’re having to take care of so many unvaccinated people. We’re also starting furloughs again because our elective surgeries are postponed. I’m really excited about this


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  7. #8757
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    If you really want to go pure evil: it only kills kids.

    Seriously. If it only killed kids, everyone would've followed every expert recommendation from the onset, and everyone would've been clamoring for the vaccines as soon as they became available.

    Nobody would've had the luxury - and that's what it is - to say 'I'll wait for the _____"
    Well it is killing pregnant women and fetuses


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  8. #8758
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Impossible to knowl--I use an iPhone
    Posts
    12,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    https://www.aspentimes.com/news/high...ated-visitors/

    And now the blame game starts...

    It went from: "It's 100% effective" to "Let's encourage our vaccine hesitant neighbors" to " its your fault my vaccine isn't working." In the span of about a month.

    The vax doesn't prevent you from catching it. It doesn't prevent you from spreading it. What exactly is a booster going to boost?
    This is a ridiculous post. No one ever said the vax was 100%, and this variant didn't exist when the vaxes were rolled out. And we always knew this would happen if people didn't get vaccinated, and now it's happening. What's your point?

    You people are fucking it up for all of us--just stop being willfully ignorant and pretending you can question basic facts.
    [quote][//quote]

  9. #8759
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Impossible to knowl--I use an iPhone
    Posts
    12,760
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    CO says that 20% of COVID cases in July were among the fully vaxxed. While that's not ideal, don't let innumeracy fool you.

    In CO, 2X as many adults are fully vaxxed than not. That means half as many people had 4X more disease which is an 8X higher risk. So far in CO vaccines are still 7/8, or 87% effective against Delta.
    And they are essentially 100% effective at preventing death/serious illness. These numbers about how many cases occur in vaxed people are misleading--most of the infections in vaxed people are, at worst, the equivalent of a mild flu (unfortunately for him I have a friend who's currently quarantining after coming up positive while being fully vaxed--he has mild flu symptoms and some chest tightness).
    [quote][//quote]

  10. #8760
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Impossible to knowl--I use an iPhone
    Posts
    12,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Please respond with facts and not emotions. You sound like a woman.
    You should aspire to sound like a (non-brain damaged) woman. But instead you sound like what you are.
    [quote][//quote]

  11. #8761
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Donner Lake
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Lester Holt? How cute...
    How about the people on the front lines of this shit... hospital workers. There's some in this very thread you're reading telling you what's happening.
    You'll be convinced when those same hospy workers are prepping you for intubation
    I don't doubt the virus is bad. I know it sucks and sucks for the people who are helping fight it who don't have any tools or knowledge about how to treat it. They are being asked to do incredible things with one hand tied behind there back. I just wish we didn't only lean on the vax solution. It's good but not the only way. What happened to contact tracing and quarantine. How about quick testing. Do we even do that or it only for the NBA? How about working on treatment so it doesn't get so bad that you die. The division everyone promotes on both sides isn't helping. It's has to be worse for people blood pressure to turn into Chads and Karen's.
    Everyone should make their appointment now to get your booster shot, that way we can keep other countries from getting any. Some that want it can't get it and others that don't are being forced. We are all good though, at least grandma is alive and the nurses can go back to treating obesity. It's only about going back to the old ways as fast as possible.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

  12. #8762
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    8,769
    Meanwhile, Polis is an idiot.

    Polis Sees No Need For A Statewide Mask Mandate In Schools — At Least Not Yet
    https://www.cpr.org/2021/08/12/color...delta-variant/

  13. #8763
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Goods Department
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Article doesn’t say what you say it does, ban this clown. None of your “quotes” are real except for encouraging the vaccine hesitant. Fuck off you sociopath


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Did you not read the article? Here. I got you.

    A majority of visitors to the Aspen area is unvaccinated, which may partially explain why Pitkin County has a much higher rate of vaccinated residents testing positive for COVID-19 than public health officials expected, an official said Thursday.

    In fact, 66% of all positive COVID-19 cases among residents in Pitkin County in the 28-day period ending Tuesday have been so-called “breakthrough” cases, or those involving fully vaccinated residents, Josh Vance, county epidemiologist, told members of the Pitkin County Board of Health on Thursday.

    “The breakthrough rate is a lot higher than expected,” Vance said, adding that it should be around 25% of cases.

    In a subsequent interview Thursday night, Vance said the 66% number has puzzled local public health officials, who plan to meet with state public health officials Monday to discuss the local breakthrough rate and try to understand it better.

    “Because we do think it’s unusual it’s that high,” he said.

    One of the reasons for the higher infection rate among fully vaccinated residents is probably because 58% of visitors to Aspen and Pitkin County are unvaccinated, he said. Public health officials know that from interviews with out-of-county people who test positive in Pitkin County and are asked about their vaccination status.

    Just like I said, The Pitkin County Health Department is blaming the unvaccinated visitors for the unexpectedly high number of breakthrough cases locally.

    How are you interpreting this article differently? I'd love to hear you out instead of trying to banhammer others for posting relevant articles and facts related to the discussion.

    You do realize that it is YOU adding nothing to this conversation.
    Skiing in the rockies is like 70's porn

    Lots of bush

    Some wood

    No faceshots...

    -Mtnlion

  14. #8764
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,184
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Would you mind clarifying this a little further? Is the policy that if a poster gets reported often enough they get banned? Or do the reports need to spell out the pattern of misinformation? Asking because that seems like the first mention of such a pattern being a factor (that I've seen).

    FTR, I don't think we have a lot of intentional misinformation posters (outside PA), but the few we have seem to carry weight with the casually uninformed.
    I am speaking for myself, and there is no "policy". But generally speaking, if someone is spouting misinformation so frequently and so badly that it warrants banning, all I'm saying is the people who can and might ban that poster for it, need to know about it. And they won't know about it without reports. This is pretty much always the party line when people complain about how the mods won't ban someone or do something, but those people haven't once reported a post, so they're essentially saying that the mods should be all knowing and all reading. Report problematic posts if you want something done about the posts.

    For ex, I don't read this thread regularly anymore (the last couple of days has been my first reading of it in quite a while), in fact the last few months I have only been staying up on a small handful of threads (and the occasional new one, because I need to know that SUF is going to get his face ripped off by a monkey). I won't know if someone's posts in here deserve being looked at, let alone deserve a banning, if they aren't reported. And a one-off post by an otherwise "regular" mag isn't going to lead to banning. But if someone repeatedly posts stuff that rises to an actionable level, it will only be actionable if the people capable of actioning see all of those posts. That's all I am saying.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  15. #8765
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    8,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    How about working on treatment so it doesn't get so bad that you die.
    Kind of like what a vaccine does?

  16. #8766
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    8,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Did you not read the article? Here. I got you.

    A majority of visitors to the Aspen area is unvaccinated, which may partially explain why Pitkin County has a much higher rate of vaccinated residents testing positive for COVID-19 than public health officials expected, an official said Thursday.

    In fact, 66% of all positive COVID-19 cases among residents in Pitkin County in the 28-day period ending Tuesday have been so-called “breakthrough” cases, or those involving fully vaccinated residents, Josh Vance, county epidemiologist, told members of the Pitkin County Board of Health on Thursday.

    “The breakthrough rate is a lot higher than expected,” Vance said, adding that it should be around 25% of cases.

    In a subsequent interview Thursday night, Vance said the 66% number has puzzled local public health officials, who plan to meet with state public health officials Monday to discuss the local breakthrough rate and try to understand it better.

    “Because we do think it’s unusual it’s that high,” he said.

    One of the reasons for the higher infection rate among fully vaccinated residents is probably because 58% of visitors to Aspen and Pitkin County are unvaccinated, he said. Public health officials know that from interviews with out-of-county people who test positive in Pitkin County and are asked about their vaccination status.

    Just like I said, The Pitkin County Health Department is blaming the unvaccinated visitors for the unexpectedly high number of breakthrough cases locally.

    How are you interpreting this article differently? I'd love to hear you out instead of trying to banhammer others for posting relevant articles and facts related to the discussion.

    You do realize that it is YOU adding nothing to this conversation.
    That article sucked.

    The highlight of the meeting yesterday was when our great mayor asked if we still needed to be concerned about the effects of increased CO2 when masking.

    That said, what's your point?

  17. #8767
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,795

    To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    I don't doubt the virus is bad. I know it sucks and sucks for the people who are helping fight it who don't have any tools or knowledge about how to treat it. They are being asked to do incredible things with one hand tied behind there back. I just wish we didn't only lean on the vax solution. It's good but not the only way. What happened to contact tracing and quarantine. How about quick testing. Do we even do that or it only for the NBA? How about working on treatment so it doesn't get so bad that you die. The division everyone promotes on both sides isn't helping. It's has to be worse for people blood pressure to turn into Chads and Karen's.
    Everyone should make their appointment now to get your booster shot, that way we can keep other countries from getting any. Some that want it can't get it and others that don't are being forced. We are all good though, at least grandma is alive and the nurses can go back to treating obesity. It's only about going back to the old ways as fast as possible.
    Where have you been for the last eighteen months? We have the tools and know how to treat the patients. The problem is there are too many unvaccinated people needing inpatient care and spreading the disease.

    Your “concerned” posts are disingenuous and crafted to create more division. If that’s not the case then you’re just incredibly stupid AND ignorant. God help us


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #8768
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Did you not read the article? Here. I got you.

    A majority of visitors to the Aspen area is unvaccinated, which may partially explain why Pitkin County has a much higher rate of vaccinated residents testing positive for COVID-19 than public health officials expected, an official said Thursday.

    In fact, 66% of all positive COVID-19 cases among residents in Pitkin County in the 28-day period ending Tuesday have been so-called “breakthrough” cases, or those involving fully vaccinated residents, Josh Vance, county epidemiologist, told members of the Pitkin County Board of Health on Thursday.

    “The breakthrough rate is a lot higher than expected,” Vance said, adding that it should be around 25% of cases.

    In a subsequent interview Thursday night, Vance said the 66% number has puzzled local public health officials, who plan to meet with state public health officials Monday to discuss the local breakthrough rate and try to understand it better.

    “Because we do think it’s unusual it’s that high,” he said.

    One of the reasons for the higher infection rate among fully vaccinated residents is probably because 58% of visitors to Aspen and Pitkin County are unvaccinated, he said. Public health officials know that from interviews with out-of-county people who test positive in Pitkin County and are asked about their vaccination status.

    Just like I said, The Pitkin County Health Department is blaming the unvaccinated visitors for the unexpectedly high number of breakthrough cases locally.

    How are you interpreting this article differently? I'd love to hear you out instead of trying to banhammer others for posting relevant articles and facts related to the discussion.

    You do realize that it is YOU adding nothing to this conversation.
    That's a tiny-as-fuck sample size though, and is kind of an outlier when compared to other real-world data. Lets look at some better data, shall we?

    Ontario, Canada has 14 million people in it. Every day we get the raw numbers. Todays aren't really all that different than yesterday, so here you go:

    Cases break down like this: Delta variant is @ 94%, Alpha at 5% (oh how I miss that sweet, sweet alpha!)

    Today's total positive cases: 510
    Deaths: 4
    Current ICUs: 111 (-2 vs. yest.) (+1 vs. last week)
    81.31% / 72.81% of 12+ at least one/two dosed
    Cases by Vax (un/part/full): 8.43 / 3.70 / 0.95 per 100k today

    Every day we are getting proof that the vaccines ARE WORKING. You cannot disagree with facts. I mean, you personally probably can because that's your thing, but a normal clear-thinking person can't.

  19. #8769
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Did you not read the article? Here. I got you.

    A majority of visitors to the Aspen area is unvaccinated, which may partially explain why Pitkin County has a much higher rate of vaccinated residents testing positive for COVID-19 than public health officials expected, an official said Thursday.

    ......
    Just like I said, The Pitkin County Health Department is blaming the unvaccinated visitors for the unexpectedly high number of breakthrough cases locally.
    An uptick in breakthrough cases over a given period probably means there was an uptick in exposures over that period. And an influx of unvaxed "visitors" is a likely place to start looking for that. Your point is that rational observation should be more politically correct?

  20. #8770
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    And they are essentially 100% effective at preventing death/serious illness. These numbers about how many cases occur in vaxed people are misleading--most of the infections in vaxed people are, at worst, the equivalent of a mild flu (unfortunately for him I have a friend who's currently quarantining after coming up positive while being fully vaxed--he has mild flu symptoms and some chest tightness).
    Unfortunately, the increased risk from Delta affects everyone, including the vaxxed. Including the risk of death/serious illness. However, the relative risk has increased even more for the unvaxxed.

    So while it makes sense for people to be discouraged by this development, it doesn't make sense for people to conclude vaccines don't work when the numbers clearly show they're now more important than ever .

  21. #8771
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Did you not read the article? Here. I got you.

    A majority of visitors to the Aspen area is unvaccinated, which may partially explain why Pitkin County has a much higher rate of vaccinated residents testing positive for COVID-19 than public health officials expected, an official said Thursday.

    In fact, 66% of all positive COVID-19 cases among residents in Pitkin County in the 28-day period ending Tuesday have been so-called “breakthrough” cases, or those involving fully vaccinated residents, Josh Vance, county epidemiologist, told members of the Pitkin County Board of Health on Thursday.

    “The breakthrough rate is a lot higher than expected,” Vance said, adding that it should be around 25% of cases.

    In a subsequent interview Thursday night, Vance said the 66% number has puzzled local public health officials, who plan to meet with state public health officials Monday to discuss the local breakthrough rate and try to understand it better.

    “Because we do think it’s unusual it’s that high,” he said.

    One of the reasons for the higher infection rate among fully vaccinated residents is probably because 58% of visitors to Aspen and Pitkin County are unvaccinated, he said. Public health officials know that from interviews with out-of-county people who test positive in Pitkin County and are asked about their vaccination status.

    Just like I said, The Pitkin County Health Department is blaming the unvaccinated visitors for the unexpectedly high number of breakthrough cases locally.

    How are you interpreting this article differently? I'd love to hear you out instead of trying to banhammer others for posting relevant articles and facts related to the discussion.

    You do realize that it is YOU adding nothing to this conversation.
    nothing in that says the vaccine aren’t working, dumbfuck.

  22. #8772
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    6,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    I don't doubt the virus is bad. I know it sucks and sucks for the people who are helping fight it who don't have any tools or knowledge about how to treat it. They are being asked to do incredible things with one hand tied behind there back. I just wish we didn't only lean on the vax solution. It's good but not the only way. What happened to contact tracing and quarantine. How about quick testing. Do we even do that or it only for the NBA? How about working on treatment so it doesn't get so bad that you die. The division everyone promotes on both sides isn't helping. It's has to be worse for people blood pressure to turn into Chads and Karen's.
    Everyone should make their appointment now to get your booster shot, that way we can keep other countries from getting any. Some that want it can't get it and others that don't are being forced. We are all good though, at least grandma is alive and the nurses can go back to treating obesity. It's only about going back to the old ways as fast as possible.
    Joe, contact tracing works when outbreaks are limited and resources are vast. Once the virus gets loose tracing these strings becomes impossible from a manpower standpoint.

    It is also a bit naive to think there isn't a ton of work ongoing to come up with better therapies, Im personally associated with a couple of these efforts. But drugs for treatment are always going to be more expensive and have more risk associated with them than preventive measures.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

  23. #8773
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Impossible to knowl--I use an iPhone
    Posts
    12,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    I don't doubt the virus is bad. I know it sucks and sucks for the people who are helping fight it who don't have any tools or knowledge about how to treat it. They are being asked to do incredible things with one hand tied behind there back. I just wish we didn't only lean on the vax solution. It's good but not the only way. What happened to contact tracing and quarantine. How about quick testing. Do we even do that or it only for the NBA? How about working on treatment so it doesn't get so bad that you die. The division everyone promotes on both sides isn't helping. It's has to be worse for people blood pressure to turn into Chads and Karen's.
    Everyone should make their appointment now to get your booster shot, that way we can keep other countries from getting any. Some that want it can't get it and others that don't are being forced. We are all good though, at least grandma is alive and the nurses can go back to treating obesity. It's only about going back to the old ways as fast as possible.
    Christ, man--you don't know it, for some reason, but what you're saying is we need everyone vaxed. Why do you wish we didn't lean on the vax solution? Do you wish we didn't do that for measles, polio, mumps, etc.? What you're saying doesn't make sense. If you want us to return to pre2020 life we all need to be vaxed--you said it's 'good,' and then said it's not the only way, but it actually is (unless you enjoy masks and avoiding being in enclosed spaces with people).

    I have no idea why you would think that working on further treatments would be better than essentially eliminating this disease (which we can only do through vaxes). Most of your post makes no sense.
    [quote][//quote]

  24. #8774
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,955
    I have a buddy who got covid last summer. He is unvaxxed. He isnt an antivaxer by anymeans, and kind of sheepishly doesnt offer up any real reason for not getting vaxed. His new wife on the other hand believes that the vaccine will make her infertile and could possibly make my buddy infertile and says things like "i dont trust a vaccine that changes your DNA like these new ones". Her dad is some kind of doctor and apparently gave her this advice. She got angry recently when my 8.5 month pregnant wife politely declined a dinner invitation because she doesnt want to be around unvaccinated people right now (i read the text conversation, it was polite). Buddy's wife said something along the lines of "i respect your opinion on the vaccine and its really disappointing you don't respect mine". SMH. Its a bummer, and im hoping she doesnt fully brainwash my buddy, but he is moving back to his old hometown to be closer to her family so im not holding out too much hope.

  25. #8775
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Christ, man--you don't know it, for some reason, but what you're saying is we need everyone vaxed. Why do you wish we didn't lean on the vax solution? Do you wish we didn't do that for measles, polio, mumps, etc.? What you're saying doesn't make sense. If you want us to return to pre2020 life we all need to be vaxed--you said it's 'good,' and then said it's not the only way, but it actually is (unless you enjoy masks and avoiding being in enclosed spaces with people).

    I have no idea why you would think that working on further treatments would be better than essentially eliminating this disease (which we can only do through vaxes). Most of your post makes no sense.
    It's like saying treatments for cancer are better than outright prevention of the disease in the first place. So bizarre.

    So far in Ontario (72% 12+ vaccinated):
    Vaccine Efficacy (negative value indicates reduction in cases):
    To-date Average
    1 dose = -58.6%
    2 dose = -88.0%

    All eyes on Canada now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •