Page 114 of 929 FirstFirst ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    You should see the rest of it. I actually lost my boot shells in there once. SFB, the always great guy he is mailed them to me.
    HA! I love Dibs to death, but a tetnus shot would not be out of line when hitching a ride!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Idaho opening to anyone over 16 with a medical condition 3/29, anyone over 16 regardless 4/5. Certain health districts are going sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Idaho opening to anyone over 16 with a medical condition 3/29, anyone over 16 regardless 4/5. Certain health districts are going sooner.
    Panhandle HD (Boundary, Bonner, Kootenai, Shoshone, Benewah Counties) open for anyone over 16 effective yesterday.

Moderna #1 done. Phone went from 4G to 4GLTE a minute later.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Congrats! I'm glad to hear you were finally able to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    weird.
    my pfizer #1 gave me 5g.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    HA! I love Dibs to death, but a tetnus shot would not be out of line when hitching a ride!
    And we're back to vaccines. /threaddrift

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    LOL!! Don't think that it didn't cross my mind for a fleeting second but I know who that catagory is truly meant to include. That said... the news last night said there were 100s of appointments going empty both here and in the Tri-Cities but rather than open up the powers that be have decided to campaign to get the eligible in for a vax and wait for them to show up.

I'm not missing any - take twice a week yoga at home via Zoom since lockdown began. It just feels weird when I hear people talk like everyone but me is back to living pre-Covid. Kinda makes you do a double take on what you think/believe.
    if you be like Bob Duval in "Apocalypse Now" and you don't get killed you are hero and if you get dead yer dead, worldometer is saying 558,580 dead Americans as of this am, maybe you wana do a double take on your double take ?

as opposed to thro-ing money at a losing proposition soon as covid hit my buddy shut down the biggest Yoga studio in town about year ago, trying to run a studio on limited class sizes and the numbers did not add up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Waiting out my 15 minutes after my first Pfizer shot. Already a big sense of relief even though it’s another few weeks until fully vaccinated. VT set up is pretty good. The 16+ gimp class opened 2 weeks ago and I signed up within minutes for the big site at the fairgrounds. Had my shot within 5 minutes of walking in the door.

Full cell service even in the metal building but no 5G yet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Waiting out my 15 minutes after my first Pfizer shot. Already a big sense of relief even though it’s another few weeks until fully vaccinated. VT set up is pretty good. The 16+ gimp class opened 2 weeks ago and I signed up within minutes for the big site at the fairgrounds. Had my shot within 5 minutes of walking in the door.

Full cell service even in the metal building but no 5G yet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I could have had mine today. I'm in Franklin county. They had one for today, but I got greedy and wanted one sooner. I saw appointments in Grand Isle for the 19th and then had an ethical dilemma, spent a few minutes talking it out with my wife. When I pressed the button for GI cty on the 19th there turned out to be a lot more questions that I wasn't expecting and that appointment disappeared along with the ones on the 26th here near home. So I am getting it on Monday.

My wife told me she saw an article stating a lot of people are lying about having pre-existing conditions so they can get it sooner. You gotta love humanity, no matter how low the bar is, we find a way to go below it.

That's shitty, but I'm more concerned about people lying and saying they're vaccinated when they haven't been than people jumping the line.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    My wife told me she saw an article stating a lot of people are lying about having pre-existing conditions so they can get it sooner. You gotta love humanity, no matter how low the bar is, we find a way to go below it.
    Of course they are, especially when all they need to do is check a couple boxes on a web form. I'm sure when you get to the vax site no one is quizzing you on your eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    KQ - I just looked again at the WW Fairgrounds Vax Clinic appointments for today. The afternoon is wide open. I mean like NO ONE signed up after noon with multiple openings in every time slot. Call them and see if you're clear to go.
    At least give them a call. If nothing else, they may direct you to show up at the end of the day when they're looking for ways to not throw away vaccine.
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Of course they are, especially when all they need to do is check a couple boxes on a web form. I'm sure when you get to the vax site no one is quizzing you on your eligibility.
    I know a few people that got "creative" in order to get a shot a few weeks ago, but what I'm hearing now is that vax tourists are being turned away by some places in Skagit and Snohomish. Several Whatcom sites are telling people to stay away if not eligible, and that there is no such thing as end of day leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I know a few people that got "creative" in order to get a shot a few weeks ago, but what I'm hearing now is that vax tourists are being turned away by some places in Skagit and Snohomish. Several Whatcom sites are telling people to stay away if not eligible, and that there is no such thing as end of day leftovers.
    East side of the mountains are apparently much different than the west side, at least for what SHOULD be available. I just checked the Walla Walls vaccine clinic signup sheet again and starting as of right now, it's wide open. I did a rough count of available slots from now until 7:00 and it's 1070 or so open times. That's crazy. Their HD should be doing whatever it takes to get people in and use their allocation. KQ, I hope you're on this.

I agree. That was the first thing my wife said this morning while looking at the news.

The question is will they disregard the rules, or do they expect you to give them a story.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    When I pressed the button for GI cty on the 19th there turned out to be a lot more questions that I wasn't expecting and that appointment disappeared along with the ones on the 26th here near home.
    That got me as well my first try. I was trying to sign up at a place in BTV. Figured there would be more spots at the fairgrounds and I ended up getting it a day earlier.

I think this is very much situational.

Our local health department expressly told people to do this because they didn't have authority to publicly expand eligibility but had way more supply than was necessary for the most recent phase (it's now open to anyone, we didn't have to engage in any shenanigans). And when we went yesterday nobody asked us shit except whether we'd received any other vaccinations in the last 14 days. They didn't even ask for an ID, let alone any insurance info. Hell, they gave us our own vaccine cards to fill out!

Likewise, if there are 1000 spots open in Walla Walla today everyone should just fucking go, despite the fact that the state can't get it together to recognize that different areas have different problems.

Had a call with a client today in Cincinnati, OH who owns several businesses downtown near their mass vaccination site. He was calling me from his restaurant on the ground floor of one of his buildings. He said his bartender tells him that every evening around 3:30-4 or so a couple people from the massvax site come in and ask if anyone wants or needs the shot as they've got extras and no more booked appointments for the day - no conditions or qualifications needed.

Said they make their announcement then move on to the next store/restaurant and do the same. Every day for the last two weeks.

I don't know if that's a good thing and people have already largely taken advantage of the vaccine or if people aren't and they've just moved on with life/don't care about it. Either way, it sounds like there's plenty to go around in urban centers these days.
    I still call it The Jake.

That's silly, they can just go to the neighboring red county and get it without lying.

Re: lying about preconditions. I think this ne takes the cake..

A rich Vancouver couple took a private plane to a tiny remote First Nations community, ignored the mandatory quarantine, and got the vaccine by creating a lie that they work in a local motel.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rich...nations-2021-1

Just got Pfizer #1. My cell service out in BFE Idaho is much improved already.
    Folks from EIPH only bring 11 first doses and 11 second doses with them. If someone doesn't show, they start calling around to find someone that wants one so they don't go to waste. They don't always find someone. It is sad that even with just 11 doses a week they can have a hard time getting them in peoples arms in this rural area. A few people I know are refusing to get the vaccine, mostly due to false information out there. I hope that once my sister and I get our second doses, we can arrange to go visit our parents. She's in Austin and got her first shot yesterday. Our parents have been fully vaccinated for a month now, but it will involve flying for me, which I am not super excited about yet.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Congrats! I'm glad to hear you were finally able to get one.
    Yeah the county had a half day vax clinic in one of the small towns and I was able to snag a spot. Now I'm scheduled to go back to the same place in 28 days for #2.
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    weird.
    my pfizer #1 gave me 5g.
    This is Putnam County, the red headed bastard stepchild of Upstate NY, even with improved cell service the best we get is 3 bars of LTE.

3 hours later and I feel like shit. Got a bunch of stuff done and started getting (really) tired on the way home. My arm feels like shit, I'm super thirsty and my head doesn't feel right so it's couch nap time.

Wow. This seems promising. I was just talking a customer into getting dosed for this exact reason on Tuesday...but it was more general speculation than anything specific.

"A single dose of an mRNA COVID vaccine in 15 people who had previously been infected with SARS-CoV-2 boosted antibodies against the recently emerged B.1.351 South African variant and several other pseudovirus variants, a Fred Hutch study in Science shows."

https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...edium=Facebook

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

As your doctor, I highly recommend an edible or three.