Page 433 of 929 FirstFirst ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,825 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Fuck that guy. The song is even terrible, boomer pablum

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    He's taking this tune of his a little too far IMO:

I wonder if years of drug abuse have added up to this batshit craziness he and Van Morrison seem to be entrenched in.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I'm actually surprised the hospital made no attempt to fight this, but that is what the article said.
    The hospital has a lot more to worry about than this stupid case. Now they have liability protection. They’ll give the guy only FDA approved doses that they know won’t cause any damage. It won’t help the dead guy on the ventilator but the hospital staff won’t have to listen to the wife screaming that he needs it.

So if a patient wants a hospital to inject bleach into them it’s okay?

Zero credible evidence that ivermectin works for Covid.

Sure no credible evidence. But what about the incredible kind? There's got to be lots on lots of incredible evidence that ivermectin works. Right?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    The hospital has a lot more to worry about than this stupid case. Now they have liability protection. They’ll give the guy only FDA approved doses that they know won’t cause any damage. It won’t help the dead guy on the ventilator but the hospital staff won’t have to listen to the wife screaming that he needs it.
    Is the FDA approved dosage applicable to treating COVID? Or is it specific to using it for some other purpose, such as deworming fools? It seems like there could be some liability to dosing someone on a vent with a medication and it's dosage that isn't necessarily safe to take when in such a condition.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Also, another one of the 'Frontline' doctors says lady diseases are caused by having sex with demons.
    Well I haven’t seen any peer reviewed articles that disprove this theory

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Is the FDA approved dosage applicable to treating COVID? Or is it specific to using it for some other purpose, such as deworming fools? It seems like there could be some liability to dosing someone on a vent with a medication and it's dosage that isn't necessarily safe to take when in such a condition.
    According to what I found in the FDA website “Ivermectin tablets are approved at very specific doses for some parasitic worms, and there are topical (on the skin) formulations for head lice and skin conditions like rosacea.” Since he’s on the ventilator, maybe they can use it topically.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Well I haven’t seen any peer reviewed articles that disprove this theory
    well, lust in your heart, who are your demonic peers?

Guys on death row are ‘peers’, too.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

We've been over this on the peers.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Y’all and your aristocratic ways.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Doctors get criticized for not policing their own, but vetting doctors to be on staff, disciplining doctors on staff who do not adhere to the standard of care are basic ways that doctors are policed and should not be messed with. I would like to see the case appealed--families should not be able to use the courts to force hospitals and physicians to prescribe quack treatment.

It's time for state medical boards to start taking action against these quacks. I made a complaint to the California Board about that radiologist quack that was Trump's favorite Covid expert. They blew me off. I understand the reluctance but things have gone too far. You want Ivermectin, at least you should have to go to Mexico to get it.
    Why did California Board blow you off? Attorney ethics boards take any complaint extremely seriously, particular for people like prosecutors who have massive control over people's lives (similar to doctors). They open an investigation on every complaint, regardless of how outlandish the claim.

I can't find Wagshul's affidavit in the case, if there even was one. I read that he prescribed the patient Ivermectin and the hospital refused to administer it. Can a doctor prescribe a drug to anyone without ever having met the person? The court order requires 30 milligrams of the drug for three weeks.

Also, the patient's wife and Dr. Wagshul realized the patient was on death's door, and they had nothing to lose. They were starting palliative care. So why is everyone so angry about this? Here's some Wagshul quotes:

We've had six cases nationally where people were intubated on ventilators, six different states, and went home after taking [Ivermectin] and no one can explain it."

“From the countries that we’ve seen that have emptied their hospitals. This medicine is very very effective."

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'm far from his biggest fan, but I'll admit he does have some good songs. I don't know how you can't consider "Layla" to be an all-time classic, for example.
    Great, the outro was stuck in my head all afternoon!

But really, Clapton is pretty easy to hate. Layla is about coveting his best friend's wife.

And speaking of that outro, Allman's slide guitar is kinda pitchy, the piano melody was stolen from Rita Coolidge, and the guy who played it is serving life in prison for murdering his mother.

Can a doctor prescribe a drug to anyone without ever having met the person?
    Via Telehealth or Telemedicine... "the practice of medicine using technology to deliver care at a distance."

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    And speaking of that outro, Allman's slide guitar is kinda pitchy, the piano melody was stolen from Rita Coolidge, and the guy who played it is serving life in prison for murdering his mother.
    Speaking of that outro, it goes on for fucking ever. Just like this pandemic is doing.

Ha! Yeah, that too.

Via Telehealth or Telemedicine... "the practice of medicine using technology to deliver care at a distance."
    What I am getting at is Wagshul is properly licensed and credentialed. I assume he followed every law and ethical rule when prescribing Ivermectin. If he didn't, he should have his medical license pulled. He does wear a bow tie though, and I am wary of anyone who wears a bow tie professionally.

Yes, but that is generally in the outpatient setting.

In the inpatient setting, especially in critical care, the team managing the patient can do a consultation, usually in person, but occasionally via telehealth depending on resources.

However, ultimately the managing team has discretion on whether to abide by the recommendations of the consultant, I guess unless some rightwing judge says otherwise. In this case, it appears Wagshul was not even consulted by the team but by the patient's wife, so he has even less standing.

And all this based on six case reports, (bet not even published but purely anecdotal, I'm too lazy to try to look up that garbage). If that's good enough for altasnob, maybe he oughta start worrying about how dreaming about sex with demons causes endometriosis.

You can't blame anyone for not following along but back in late July after the trolls came out of the woodwork using Israel to argue the vaccines weren't working, when you looked at the actual data the media reports didn't make sense.

The other issue has to do with behavior highlighted in the quote above. At this point UK data & tracing shows their Delta spike occurred in conjunction with school openings and packed football stadiums.

While we know antibodies wane, we don't know what it means if a vaccine is 90% effective at stopping symptomatic infection, but you get exposed on multiple occasions as time passes, is your relative chance of infection fixed at 1-(0.9 = 10%), or is it 1-(0.9*0.9*0.9...) = >20%.?

It stands to reason that if vaccinated people are subject to repeated exposure then the odds of a breakthrough infection occurring increase.
    I would like to point out that I also posted about this a week ago. The academic blog that I posted included a nifty table broken down by age group (10 years) showing the high efficacy.

^ Yeah, that writeup was excellent.

I assume he followed every law and ethical rule when prescribing Ivermectin.
    Dr. Leanne Chrisman-Khawam, a physician and professor at the Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, called the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance “snake oil salesmen.”

Why did California Board blow you off? Attorney ethics boards take any complaint extremely seriously, particular for people like prosecutors who have massive control over people's lives (similar to doctors). They open an investigation on every complaint, regardless of how outlandish the claim.

I can't find Wagshul's affidavit in the case, if there even was one. I read that he prescribed the patient Ivermectin and the hospital refused to administer it. Can a doctor prescribe a drug to anyone without ever having met the person? The court order requires 30 milligrams of the drug for three weeks.

Also, the patient's wife and Dr. Wagshul realized the patient was on death's door, and they had nothing to lose. They were starting palliative care. So why is everyone so angry about this? Here's some Wagshul quotes:
    I'm definitely not angry about it...however, it does seem like a misuse of the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I would like to point out that I also posted about this a week ago. The academic blog that I posted included a nifty table broken down by age group (10 years) showing the high efficacy.
    Reposting the article link. I could not figure out how to post the nifty table from my phone

https://www.covid-datascience.com/po...jBvP5nQOMC-o3s

I can guess what type of client and work Altasnob does. Corporate product liability defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Here's some Wagshul quotes:

We've had six cases nationally where people were intubated on ventilators, six different states, and went home after taking [Ivermectin] and no one can explain it."

“From the countries that we’ve seen that have emptied their hospitals. This medicine is very very effective."
    "It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear. And from our shores, we — you know, it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away. We’ll see what happens. Nobody really knows."

He’s full of shit. We had a hospitalist prescribe ivermectin to a patient on a ventilator just to get his family to shut up. He got sanctioned by the medical staff and the patient died(not because of the ivermectin).Just shut the fuck up. The patients went home because of the excellent care they received from staff. They’ve gotten very good at this because of what they have learned over the last 18 months. It’s still horribly difficult and taxing. How do I know? I’m working in a hospital.

How do I know? I’m working in a hospital.
    Here comes an argument in 3…2…