Page 281 of 929 FirstFirst ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,025 of 23206
    The excuse for public schools in CA is supposedly due to the EUA. At least they’re requiring 100% masks at all public schools in CA. Some parent groups are pushing schools boards to go against the state requirement.

Ugh, I'm fine with wearing a mask for 10 minutes inside a Safeway, but kids in high school masking all day long? Make the non-vaxed kids wear the masks. Just my opinion; yeah, they already told us about the mask requirement, and yeah, not requiring vax is probably about the EUA.

Based on what’s known about the delta variant and the current prevalence in the Bay Area and many other places in the state, there will be many breakthrough cases of vaxed kids in the schools if vaxed kids are unmasked and spread through both some of the vaxed and the unvaxed student body.

If I’m wrong about that^^^, somebody please correct me. I’d like to be wrong.

Curious: Who does not have personal connection with a symptomatic breakthrough case? I learned of one this weekend, which may be problematic for a local important business. The friend/person (Pfizer) feels lucky that their younger and unvaxed kids have been gone all month. I was discussing this with another good friend today. That good friend has a friend that’s a symptomatic breakthrough case (Pfizer), who picked it up in Vegas (insert joke here), and is still have blood O2 issues several weeks after initial symptom onset. I believe that means that they’re suffering from long covid.

Having the vaccine is protective but it is not the silver bullet, magic pill that allows one to do whatever they want, esp with no-vaxtards all over.

Even Achilles had a vulnerable heel

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Ugh, I'm fine with wearing a mask for 10 minutes inside a Safeway, but kids in high school masking all day long? Make the non-vaxed kids wear the masks. Just my opinion; yeah, they already told us about the mask requirement, and yeah, not requiring vax is probably about the EUA.
    If my four year old and six year old can do it, you can too. I'd say stop being a child, but they've got one up on you here.
    That said - I think public schools should require vax or you have to learn remote (barring legit medical reasons etc.)

Sucks that we had the tools to stop this over the spring/summer and we failed. Now the kids will likely have to mask another school year.

There is somewhere around a zero percent chance of masks rules being enforced in schools here in rural Idaho this year. The right leaning parents will absolutely not be on board.

Hip replacement surgery was hibiclens for 10 days prior.

Reviewing a possible med/mal case where a fellow got a knee replacement and ended up having a proximal knee amputation due to a raging infection.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    If my four year old and six year old can do it, you can too. I'd say stop being a child, but they've got one up on you here.
    That said - I think public schools should require vax or you have to learn remote (barring legit medical reasons etc.)
    I'm not in high school. I'll wear a mask where I have to. I'm just saying, let kids be kids, and they can if the unvaxxed are taken out of the room (or tested weekly and strictly masked). Take the unmasked unvaccinated out of the schools/ offices/ gyms/ restaurants/ etc., and the rather limited concern about symptomatic breakthrough infections pretty much vanishes.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Sucks that we had the tools to stop this over the spring/summer and we failed. Now the kids will likely have to mask another school year.
    Fun fact, the UT legislature voted in a law to never allow mask mandates in schools going forward. Yes, this state is completely ass backwards.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Fun fact, the UT legislature voted in a law to never allow mask mandates in schools going forward. Yes, this state is completely ass backwards.
    Iowa has that too. Obviously they hate 11 year olds.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Similar situation in Montana. Not looking forward to the inevitable controversy masks-in-school will create in our communities this fall. We're going to end up with some kids masked and some not. Great, let's turn the kids into warring political camps just like all the stupid adults in this country.

Hope it works itself out somehow.

This country is truly off the rails. Have people always been this dumb? At this point it seems like people actually revel in their ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This country is truly off the rails. Have people always been this dumb? At this point it seems like people actually revel in their ignorance.
    I think this country *has* always been this dumb. I think that it used to be the extent of the stupidity was hidden by the fact that these stupid people didn't have an *easy* outlet to expose their stupidity.

I mean - back in the good ol' days you could write a letter to the editor, but they only generally would publish a handful of those, and at least *someone* with a modicum of education would actually make a decision on which ones to publish.

Now anyone can publish their own stupid shit all over the place... seen by millions of people worldwide.

And there are definitely people that revel in their ignorance - see MF if you'd like a real TRG example.

I'm not in high school. I'll wear a mask where I have to. I'm just saying, let kids be kids, and they can if the unvaxxed are taken out of the room (or tested weekly and strictly masked). Take the unmasked unvaccinated out of the schools/ offices/ gyms/ restaurants/ etc., and the rather limited concern about symptomatic breakthrough infections pretty much vanishes.
    Sure, good fucking luck getting republicans not to blow a gasket on their "FREEDOMS" to be a danger to public health and willfully be a disease vector.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I should probably watch this some time...

You've seriously never seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    You've seriously never seen it?
    Yes, sir. Ain't never seed dat one.

It used to be a story about the future when the future wasn't the present.

Sure, good fucking luck getting republicans not to blow a gasket on their "FREEDOMS" to be a danger to public health and willfully be a disease vector.
    Let 'em blow a gasket. And fuck their feelings. Because widespread vax mandates would totally fly in my area.

I'm not saying go nationwide with this, of course, because nationwide much of the US is indeed an idiocracy at this point. So let the Texans etc have their fun with chronic lung problems and getting "I wonder how many digits that's going to come out to" hospital + doctors bills in the mail, because freedumb. But if they come to my burg, it's vax or mask nobody rides for free, or however it goes.

Oh, and just saw this; what Amanda said, every word.

Yeah, it wasn't intended to be a documentary, yet here we are.

To be honest it isn't really the greatest movie, but if you enjoy base humor with clever subtext, it's worth watching.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Let 'em blow a gasket. And fuck their feelings. Because widespread vax mandates would totally fly in my area.

I'm not saying go nationwide with this, of course, because nationwide much of the US is indeed an idiocracy at this point. So let the Texans etc have their fun with chronic lung problems and getting "I wonder how many digits that's going to come out to" hospital + doctors bills in the mail, because freedumb. But if they come to my burg, it's vax or mask nobody rides for free, or however it goes.

Oh, and just saw this; what Amanda said, every word.

Oh, I agree, it's just they control too much political power that it just isn't possible. Forcing vax mandates in some states and not others is just tits on a bull when you can't feasibly restrict interstate travel.

Forcing vax mandates in some states and not others is just tits on a bull when you can't feasibly restrict interstate travel.
    I disagree. If a region has a majority population that doesn't effectively receive or spread the virus, and visitors from other states (and in-state knuckledraggers alike) actually become restricted from the places where they would most effectively spread the virus, it should put a pretty good lid on things. Some newcomer arrives in the office from Texas, the rules apply to them on day 1; prove vaccination or WFH until you get it together (or follow some other protocol to reduce the chance of bringing Covid into the workplace).

I disagree. If a region has a majority population that doesn't effectively receive or spread the virus, and visitors from other states (and in-state knuckledraggers alike) actually become restricted from the places where they would most effectively spread the virus, it should put a pretty good lid on things. Some newcomer arrives in the office from Texas, the rules apply to them on day 1; prove vaccination or WFH until you get it together (or follow some other protocol to reduce the chance of bringing Covid into the workplace).
    My understanding of delta variant is that this concept won’t work because those that are vaxed can still be infected and spread the disease. Businesses and regulators will need to get into the weeds of the behavior of those that are vaxed to be exposed and infected when they are in areas that have high active cases.