Page 365 of 929 FirstFirst ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 23206
    @ bennymac — An important takeaway from what's happening now in places like Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida, and Texas is Delta is coming to Northern USA in the fall. Own the lunatics and get vaxxed.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    This again is where you are using real data but you are too ignorant and stupid to understand the difference between a limited study that can be used only as a single data point vs a definitive study. means that the .4% reinfections they measured (which is defined as only positive tests beyond 90 days from one another) only consider positive tests they could link to another of the 63M patients in their system. If a patient used another healthcare provider for the first or subsequent test they wouldn’t pick it up. If the patient gave new information (name etc) they wouldn’t pick it up. Anyone who didn’t get a Covid test for the first or second infection wouldn’t be included. The study lacks completeness. The study probably understates the true reinfection rate by many orders of magnitude.

You linked an article to Epic Health Research. Which is intentionally a fast and loose data source / publisher. They are not peer reviewed. Their study likely included only Epic data. Any scientist who studies this would know this is a “problem” with the study but would use this as a data point.
    This started with you asking where I got 99% from - so there it is. Did I ever say they were perfect studies? I doubt it's even possible to do a study on this that you would find acceptable. What do you have that's better? All we have to go on is the best information available so I'm all ears if you have something better.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    ^ An important takeaway from what's happening in Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida, and Texas is Delta is coming to the northern USA in fall.
    I mean... yeah. Maybe we'll learn something from all this.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Heh, a sampling:

"practically no difference in the infection rate between vaxxed and non-vaxxed" -- ron johnson

"These mRNA vaccines aren't very effective at preventing spread." -- ron johnson

"Is it really worth trying to improve on 99% immunity with the side effect profile of these vaccines?" -- ron johnson

"Where did I say natural infection has 99% efficacy?" -- ron johnson
    How the F are you interpreting these quotes as me saying vaccines don't work?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    RJ pretends to understand statistics. A few THOUSAND people (and a billion more would if they read this drivel) on here think he is wrong, without a single cohort defending him. What are the statistical chances he is correct?

Infinitesimal.

All of the evidence points to ‘agent provacatuer’
    There's like 40 people active in this thread.

Have you seen how many page views? hint: the lurkers are all laughing at you, as would any respected member of the scientific or medical community. But I am sure this is all covered in your ‘how to make bullshit seem scientific’ manual.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I got my second shot in February. When can I get a booster? Hopefully I can combo it with my flu shot but that is still 3 months away. I'd rather get it in September when schools are back in and people are living more indoor lives.

all to say that I am ready for some more 5G Bill Gates tracking "new order operating system" fake vaccine in my system!

Fuck all y'all who will now see this as an opportunity to point out "the covid vaccines aren't perfect!" - thanks we already know that. If anything that supports more restrictions on society and a need for more people to be vaccinated until this is over - not less. Careful what you argue about trolls!

BTW, here's a rebuttal to most of the nonsense RJ posts in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Have you seen how many page views? hint: the lurkers are all laughing at you, as would any respected member of the scientific or medical community.
    Truth.
    - Lurker

I really don't understand why so many of you keep engaging with the assholes. Ban then or not, but definitely put them on ignore.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210815-131303.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	382379
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It seems like this particular long-timer only got this far because of the long leash. I appreciate the logistics and obviously the odd bozo is going to slip through, etc. You could issue a timeout pretty easily, right?

That's not a request or advice, you do what you need to do to avoid a step toward anything ugly. It just seems like if these are the rules you don't need an exception for the asshole who won't even keep his asshattery in a (slightly) more appropriate forum:
    My opinion should be easy to infer. But banning/suspending long time members is a decision that generally gets made as a group. It takes a lot for a single mod to ban first and ask questions later, like posting multiple pics of gaping assholes bad.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Perspective I'm getting from above is that the forums are about to get douched.

I agree, Climberevan, I am just making a case from a overview perspective. These forums don’t need the clicks, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    I'm calling bullshit. My bet is on some shitty midwest hill.
    You win the money. $37 to you.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 08-15-2021 at 02:40 PM. Reason: on account...

Banning RJ seems like a snap decision to me. I ban myself all the time when I feel like my contributions are or would be a net negative to the forum. This thread sucks now. I read the last couple pages and there is nothing good here anymore. That is fine. But it doesn't have to be this way.

I think everyone missed the real news here, Ron Johnson is a Jeremy Jones alias

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

No more arguing with trolls!

Thread reset from here. Let’s make it good.

^^^
    This. Really easy to put someone on ignore. Don’t respond to idiocy. This and the rat flu thread have been hugely informing during this pandemic. But lately this thread has turned into crap. Don’t beg the mods to do something that’s really easy to do for yourself

yes put RJ on ignore - it is really is that easy

he cunts up this thread with his special brand of DunningKruger "I got my MD over the internet" behavior - but it's also being cunted up now by discussion on whether or not to ban this goal post moving intellectually stunted attention whore

just press ignore - problem solved

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Because banning someone who has been here a while isn't taken lightly; we give everyone, including the douchenozzles, a long leash. So banning decisions usually take discussion among all the mods, who are volunteers with lives. So it often takes a while to get everyone's thoughts and make sure everyone is on board, even if it seems like an obvious snap decision to you.
    For clarity
    My comment was directed at the group mostly, not really at the mod team.
    I figure if the mob provides sufficient enthusiasm, the mod team will make it happen.

edit the thread title. It reads like this thread is to discuss getting vaccinated or not.

Misleading at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Who's Jeremy Jones?

He’s a guy who tiptoes down cliff bands.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

just press ignore - problem solved
    In theory yes. That solution has never worked in the history of TGR forums. So why not ban assholes who are here to make the board worse, not better.

just press ban - problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    In theory yes. That solution has never worked in the history of TGR forums. So why not ban assholes who are here to make the board worse, not better.

just press ban - problem solved
    RJ’s posts are already banned for me. Takes 0.2 seconds to scroll by his hidden posts. Even less if you are using Tapatalk - you can barely even see that something was skipped. It’s actually quite satisfying to imagine what kind of misguided and undereducated drivel is being typed into here by him and then being completely ignored.