Page 388 of 929 FirstFirst ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,700 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    So while the vaccine hesitant want "straight-shooting" and facts, they all need to feel like these messages are being delivered to them personally by people they choose to respect, in a way they choose to respect, and in a way that aligns with their worldview/grasp on reality, or they're never going to change their opinion, even if someone close to them dies from, or is severely affected by, COVID.

Well, we're screwed.
    I think, More than anything, they need a rationale for changing their minds that doesn’t make them look foolish - both in the eyes of the already-vaxxed and in the eyes of the anti-vax former allies they “desert”.

I think that ship has sailed. They booed Trump when he said to get vaxed a day ago.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I think, More than anything, they need a rationale for changing their minds that doesn’t make them look foolish - both in the eyes of the already-vaxxed and in the eyes of the anti-vax former allies they “desert”.
    Apparently Chris Christie (of all people) is the guy to get them over that hump.

7 min video - worth watching as he interviews unvaccinated covid patients in hospital

Dying in the Name of Vaccine Freedom

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/21/o...-hesitant.html

Seeking understanding, Mr. Stockton travels to Mountain Home, Ark., in the Ozarks, a region with galloping contagion and — not unrelated — abysmal vaccination rates.

He finds that a range of feelings and beliefs underpins the low rates — including fear, skepticism and a libertarian strain of defiance.

This doubt even extends to the staff at a regional hospital, where about half of the medical personnel are not vaccinated — even while the intensive care unit is crowded with unvaccinated Covid patients fighting for their lives.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinio...-hesitant.html

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Luntz was also on a July episode of In the Bubble: https://omny.fm/shows/in-the-bubble/...rie-taylor-gre
    Wonder if Luntz has any remorse for the division he's caused based on spreading misinformation over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    This doubt even extends to the staff at a regional hospital, where about half of the medical personnel are not vaccinated — even while the intensive care unit is crowded with unvaccinated Covid patients fighting for their lives.
    They should make the unvaccinated staff care for the unvaxxed patients exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    and a libertarian strain of defiance.
    Can we just call it what it is? Antisocial personality disorder.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    They should make the unvaccinated staff care for the unvaxxed patients exclusively.
    The unvaxxed should NOT be working in health care situations.

Full stop

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The unvaxxed should NOT be working in health care situations.

Full stop

Yeah, but then sick and old people would likely find themselves without enough people to care for them at all. We definitely need to let go of the notion that HC workers across the spectrum are any different or "smarter" than the average person. Clearly that is not the case. As a society we seem to believe that providing direct care to the sick and old among us is one of the worst jobs a person can have, as reflected in the pay and level of respect given to those who spend the most time with patients (mostly nursing assistants). So we get what we get.

we seem to believe that providing direct care to the sick and old among us is one of the worst jobs a person can have
    It probably is, all the more reason to provide good wages and benefits AND respect.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Pfizer got full FDA approval. Antivaxxers abandon all their resistance and America rejoices.

The two major hospital networks in this area (upstate SC) are working together to roll out a vaccine mandate at the same time to mitigate employee migration. Pathetic something like that is needed. Even then it is largely toothless. Another hospital across the state with a mandate in place quoted 2-3,000 medical or religious exemptions already granted for 17,000 staff.
    Last edited by Mazderati; 08-23-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yeah, but then sick and old people would likely find themselves without enough people to care for them at all. We definitely need to let go of the notion that HC workers across the spectrum are any different or "smarter" than the average person. Clearly that is not the case. As a society we seem to believe that providing direct care to the sick and old among us is one of the worst jobs a person can have, as reflected in the pay and level of respect given to those who spend the most time with patients (mostly nursing assistants). So we get what we get.
    It’s a moral and ethical obligation for healthcare workers to get vaccinated for everything, not just Covid. I’ve never questioned this and I’ve been working in healthcare for 33 years. If you want the privilege of caring for others it’s part of the deal. Too many ego centric people in this country

I'm guessing the vast majority of the unvaccinated in healthcare would choose to get the shots over losing their jobs. Maslow's Hierarchy, etc.

If Medicare would just declare that it was mandatory across the board for healthcare workers to get vaccinated or else facilities would no longer receive reimbursement it wouldn’t be an issue. There would be no place for these unvaccinated to go work. They already do this for other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Pfizer got full FDA approval. Antivaxxers abandon all their resistance and America rejoices.
    Now that's done, I can't wait for the coming pathetic narrative adjustment. Will they still use the phrase: "experimental vaccine" and the like?

So all the anti vaxxers I know personally are the same ones pushing any type of treatments on FB. Their plan is to get treated after they get it and that's how we're going to get out of this mess, that and their immune systems are vastly superior to mere mortals so they likely won't get covid anyways.

Got some friends that just yesterday were still celebrating the effectiveness of zinc, ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine and see those treatments as our path forward.

fuck them, like really at this point

Washing hands frequently leads to dryness. Sanitation measures in operating rooms are a PIA. I’m hoping that segment of health care workers continue their Freedumb crusade and get exemptions from all hygiene protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Washing hands frequently leads to dryness. Sanitation measures in operating rooms are a PIA. I’m hoping that segment of health care workers continue their Freedumb crusade and get exemptions from all hygiene protocols.
    Facetious? Experience?

What's this about a new vaccine?

Just got 3rd shot. 3 Pfizer shots, ah ah ah!
    Still don't really have side effects. So....like.....is this working?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    So all the anti vaxxers I know personally are the same ones pushing any type of treatments on FB.
    It's bizarre, isn't it? They don't trust vaccines that have now been administered five billion times, but they're perfectly willing to try any other kind of screwball treatment because someone on Facebook said it worked for their sister's boss' daughter. The more vetted something is, the less they believe it. Truly the Bizarro World.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It's bizarre, isn't it? They don't trust vaccines that have now been administered five billion times, but they're perfectly willing to try any other kind of screwball treatment because someone on Facebook said it worked for their sister's boss' daughter. The more vetted something is, the less they believe it. Truly the Bizarro World.
    and though they would refuse the jab because its only EUA they will happily take Regeneron.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Because regeneron = the stuff that cured trump