Page 906 of 906 FirstFirst ... 901 902 903 904 905 906
Results 22,626 to 22,650 of 22650
  1. #22626
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    13,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Geez, the list of possible causes is a long as your arm.

    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352539
    It says The Herp can cause it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  2. #22627
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    10,587
    Layperson summary of how Covid $$ got mRNA over the finish line, with benefits for cancer research etc etc. https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ology-diseases

    I look fwd to the vaxxtards embracing modern medicine and realizing they shouldn’t listen to the YouRube celebrities monetizing the audience’s idiocy.

  3. #22628
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    12,244
    There's a big flake on the local Nextdoor posting shit calling vaccinated people the enemy of humanity like we're The Body Snatchers.. Been going on for almost a month and they still haven't banned them yet, just keep deleting their posts.

    On the rational front, Mrs Jong is considering getting her BV/O booster early because she's traveling for business at the end of the month. Asked me my opinion and I couldn't think of any downside (which is rare for me Mr Worst Case Scenario Always hahaha!).

    I'm still planning do get my next one the same time as the fall flu shot.... just like the last one I got.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  4. #22629
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    29,240
    I asked my medical advisor ( retired skibro/ MD) for a consult and he seems pretty blaise about this booster which is unusual cuz he is always on top of stuff which indicates its less important but i plan to get it anyhow

    up here the BC gov texts you when you are due, you book an appointment on yer phone and show up at the date & time, mines at safeway pharmacy so I can do some food shopping
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  5. #22630
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I asked my medical advisor ( retired skibro/ MD) for a consult and he seems pretty blaise about this booster which is unusual cuz he is always on top of stuff which indicates its less important but i plan to get it anyhow

    up here the BC gov texts you when you are due, you book an appointment on yer phone and show up at the date & time, mines at safeway pharmacy so I can do some food shopping
    MD's, after being forced to tow the "science is settled" line for 3+ years or risk losing their jobs/careers, are finally beginning to be comfortable speaking their minds again without fear of reprecussions from the State. Fucked up actually.

  6. #22631
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    12,244
    The fact that Emergency Departments aren't spilling out in to waiting areas and parking lots, and morgues aren't so backed up they need refrigerator trucks outside proves the science is settled.. Or is it just a coincidence that these things trended down exactly as vaccine adoption trended up??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  7. #22632
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    26,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    MD's, after being forced to tow the "science is settled" line for 3+ years or risk losing their jobs/careers, are finally beginning to be comfortable speaking their minds again without fear of reprecussions from the State. Fucked up actually.
    Or maybe, just maybe, we're in a much different place right now than we were even a year ago?

  8. #22633
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    29,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    MD's, after being forced to tow the "science is settled" line for 3+ years or risk losing their jobs/careers, are finally beginning to be comfortable speaking their minds again without fear of reprecussions from the State. Fucked up actually.
    well ski bro hasnt had a license to practice for at least 6 years, so he could always say whatever he wanted on the covid file, he always chose to always be right up to date on mask edicts his own vax & booster, still talked to other HC professionals, read all he could and believes the earth is round

    he hasnt stopped beliving the earth is round but he hasnt stayed up to date on this last booster yet but its been ski season

    we do have a couple of MD's in town who are antivax and its well known, my PT thru the whole lockdown was anti-vax but they all followed the health edicts as set down by public health in BC

    or they would have been fucked with/ shut down, we don't have history of rugged individualism or shooting each other up narth eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  9. #22634
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,512
    Naw man. 99.9% of doctors recommended the vaccine only because the State told them to. And now somehow that state no longer cares and they can go back to saying how they truly feel…

    The impotent anger of misinformed covidiots was funny, then sad, then destructive, and now is just embarrassing and pathetic.

    Now it’s like passing a raving lunatic on the street shouting about Soros and vaccine shedding etc. “What a shame” you say as you walk by avoiding eye contact.

  10. #22635
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,512
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

    we do have a couple of MD's in town who are antivax and its well known, my PT thru the whole lockdown was anti-vax but they all followed the health edicts as set down by public health in BC
    So they are anti-vax - but they followed the rules - so they got at least two covid doses in order to keep seeing patients you mean?

  11. #22636
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

    “What a shame” you say as you walk by avoiding eye contact.
    Not responding/not quoting is the internet equivalent of the “What a shame” you say as you walk by avoiding eye contact…

  12. #22637
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    12,244
    Dr Oz..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  13. #22638
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Not responding/not quoting is the internet equivalent of the “What a shame” you say as you walk by avoiding eye contact…
    Good point

  14. #22639
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    29,240
    MD's are independant business men so I think they get to set the vax rules in their own office, not sure about hospitol privileges for an unvaxed MD ? I'm pretty sure my PT wasnt vaxed but he didn't go in a hospitol

    I think the MD's did not vax but had to observe all the rules as set out by northern health for any business like masks and distancing ect, if a business was not following health edicts there was a narthern health guy walking (goose stepping actualy ) around town telling them to get in-line or get fined/ shut down

    there are a fair amount of religious wacko nutjob up here its like a narthern bible belt

    i beleive unvaxed hospitol staff got the axe
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  15. #22640
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    4,045
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    …. i beleive unvaxed hospitol staff got the axe
    I think the proper term was unpaid leave. They did not lose their position, and at least here, most of the few that were told to stay home have returned to their position.

  16. #22641
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,512
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    MD's are independant business men so I think they get to set the vax rules in their own office, not sure about hospitol privileges for an unvaxed MD ? I'm pretty sure my PT wasnt vaxed but he didn't go in a hospitol

    I think the MD's did not vax but had to observe all the rules as set out by northern health for any business like masks and distancing ect, if a business was not following health edicts there was a narthern health guy walking (goose stepping actualy ) around town telling them to get in-line or get fined/ shut down

    there are a fair amount of religious wacko nutjob up here its like a narthern bible belt

    i beleive unvaxed hospitol staff got the axe
    https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022HLTH0047-000195

    “In follow-up to the notice given to health professionals in October 2021, the provincial health officer is finalizing, in consultation with all health professional colleges, an order that requires all regulated health professionals to be vaccinated by March 24, 2022, to work in their occupation in British Columbia.

    The order applies to the following health professions:

    acupuncturists
    audiologists
    chiropractic doctors (chiropractors)
    certified dental assistants
    dental hygienists
    dentists
    dental technicians
    dental therapists
    denturists
    dietitians
    hearing instrument practitioners
    massage therapists
    midwives
    naturopathic physicians (naturopaths)
    nurse practitioners
    registered nurses
    occupational therapists
    opticians
    optometrists
    pharmacists
    pharmacy technicians
    physical therapists (physiotherapists)
    physicians and surgeons
    podiatric surgeons (podiatrists)
    licensed practical nurses
    registered psychiatric nurses
    psychologists
    speech-language pathologists
    traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) practitioners“

    ——

    I bet a lot of the vocal anti-vax MDs/PTs/nurses in North America (who all got multiple vaccines as a kid and had that checked prior to being accepted into medical school) quietly got covid vaccines - cause money talks.

    Sure some quit instead.

    But if they were in BC and kept seeing patients the link above seems to indicate the ones you’re talking about got vaxxed.

    If you ask them about it I bet they’ll squirm.

  17. #22642
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Was UT, AK, now MT
    Posts
    12,619
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I asked my medical advisor ( retired skibro/ MD) for a consult and he seems pretty blaise about this booster which is unusual cuz he is always on top of stuff which indicates its less important but i plan to get it anyhow
    I haven't seen anybody in ER or clinic for probably a year who has had any significant pulmonary burden with covid, young or old, vaccinated/boosted or not. Interpret that however you want.

  18. #22643
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    26,135
    We could all see this one coming. The fact that most people got vaccinated, and especially the elderly, led to many lives being saved and also got us to where we are now with--hopefully--the worst of the pandemic in the rear view. But instead of recognizing this the anti-vax crowd thinks the fact that cases are down and doctors are less adamant about Covid boosters shows the vaccinations weren't needed in the first place.

  19. #22644
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    29,240
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022HLTH0047-000195

    “In follow-up to the notice given to health professionals in October 2021, the provincial health officer is finalizing, in consultation with all health professional colleges, an order that requires all regulated health professionals to be vaccinated by March 24, 2022, to work in their occupation in British Columbia.

    The order applies to the following health professions:

    acupuncturists
    audiologists
    chiropractic doctors (chiropractors)
    certified dental assistants
    dental hygienists
    dentists
    dental technicians
    dental therapists
    denturists
    dietitians
    hearing instrument practitioners
    massage therapists
    midwives
    naturopathic physicians (naturopaths)
    nurse practitioners
    registered nurses
    occupational therapists
    opticians
    optometrists
    pharmacists
    pharmacy technicians
    physical therapists (physiotherapists)
    physicians and surgeons
    podiatric surgeons (podiatrists)
    licensed practical nurses
    registered psychiatric nurses
    psychologists
    speech-language pathologists
    traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) practitioners“

    ——

    I bet a lot of the vocal anti-vax MDs/PTs/nurses in North America (who all got multiple vaccines as a kid and had that checked prior to being accepted into medical school) quietly got covid vaccines - cause money talks.

    Sure some quit instead.

    But if they were in BC and kept seeing patients the link above seems to indicate the ones you’re talking about got vaxxed.

    If you ask them about it I bet they’ll squirm.
    so while ski bro is pretty smart and usually up on it he just hasnt got all the info this time cuz he was busy skiing and its fallen off most people's radar

    I got no idea ^^ which MD's were vaxed and in the small town a lot of BS floats around but as you point out we all got vaccines when we were 11 so I bookd the shot cuz you never know
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  20. #22645
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    29,240
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    We could all see this one coming. The fact that most people got vaccinated, and especially the elderly, led to many lives being saved and also got us to where we are now with--hopefully--the worst of the pandemic in the rear view. But instead of recognizing this the anti-vax crowd thinks the fact that cases are down and doctors are less adamant about Covid boosters shows the vaccinations weren't needed in the first place.
    I used to follow worldometer where america had put up some big death figures and so i havent forgot that

    but if you think was all fake news it doesn matter
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-10-2023 at 12:52 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  21. #22646
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    29,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I haven't seen anybody in ER or clinic for probably a year who has had any significant pulmonary burden with covid, young or old, vaccinated/boosted or not. Interpret that however you want.
    so what about before " probably a year " how about 2 years ago, how about 3 years ago ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  22. #22647
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,512
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

    I got no idea ^^ which MD's were vaxed and in the small town a lot of BS floats around but as you point out we all got vaccines when we were 11 so I bookd the shot cuz you never know
    My point is it appears you don’t have to guess which MDs and PTs got vaxxed and which ones didn’t - if they were seeing patients (in hospital or in their private physiotherapy clinic) they are vaxxed.

  23. #22648
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    29,240
    yeah I can see the edict so they should have been but I can't say for sure which of them were or were still seeing patients, I just don't know
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  24. #22649
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Was UT, AK, now MT
    Posts
    12,619
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    so what about before " probably a year " how about 2 years ago, how about 3 years ago ?
    Shit stop hitting the fan in my clinical world (ER/ICU) about January 2022. Is that specific enough for you? Before that, working in a largely unvaccinated population, it was problematic.

  25. #22650
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    93108
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    The fact that Emergency Departments aren't spilling out in to waiting areas and parking lots, and morgues aren't so backed up they need refrigerator trucks outside proves the science is settled.. Or is it just a coincidence that these things trended down exactly as vaccine adoption trended up??
    Love it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •