Page 886 of 929 FirstFirst ... 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 ... LastLast
Results 22,126 to 22,150 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Have you considered getting banned from Alpine Zone?
    I'm furiously googling Alpine Zone RNFR! Did anyone ever ban Greg here??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'm furiously googling Alpine Zone RNFR! Did anyone ever ban Greg here??
    Too entertaining to ban.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i got banned from both gapic and turd tips
    both swirled the shit bowl into the big fail of perma flushing within months
    I don’t remember anything about your Ttips banning. Did you diss Karhu Jaks or something?

Boathouse employees wear cloth masks indoors. Outdoor employees, not always. I know nothing of the orgy, wasn't invited. Next time I'm there I'll ask to see what their thoughts are on home vs workplace transmission. They do have a lot of rugrats for summer camp. And the restrooms are less ventilated than other areas (few tiny windows). Rugrats and restrooms seem like the two weak points.

I double mask because the single n95 needs the extra pressure to kinda seal. Used to wear a full face respirator with rubber seals for work, so these n95s seem like really tenuous protection.

I’m surprised any are wearing masks at all at the boathouse.

Doctor (GP) friend and family are entering post infection and strictly following cdc recommendations, including when to exit isolation.

Another friend works at multiple hospitals in northern FL, masking only required in the covid wards.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I’m surprised any are wearing masks at all at the boathouse.

Doctor (GP) friend and family are entering post infection and strictly following cdc recommendations, including when to exit isolation.

Another friend works at multiple hospitals in northern FL, masking only required in the covid wards.
    Shameful (the last sentence.) The last thing a hospitalized patient needs is to get covid from a provider. I could accept putting on a mask when entering a patient room or otherwise interacting with patients. Much more reasonable than expecting patients to be putting on masks and taking them off or just wearing them all day. Sharing rooms is a problem without a good solution.

KEY WORDS: in northern FL
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Wouldn't 'single' rooms be a solution to shared rooms ?

it's my understanding the regional nursing care center has rooms that have four beds to six beds -
    ( I could not imagine living like that - unless I was living in an old military barracks... )

has anyone seen anything credible about the development of an intranasal vaccine ? ??

thanks... skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post

it's my understanding the regional nursing care center has rooms that have four beds to six beds -
    ( I could not imagine living like that - unless I was living in an old military barracks... )

has anyone seen anything credible about the development of an intranasal vaccine ? ??

thanks... skiJ
    “3 are in Phase 3 randomized trials but not getting any OWS-like support to accelerate”

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status...7k-Eyb1ZE0SmXA

skiJ
    Most hospitals have mostly double rooms--giving everyone a single room would cut hospital capacity almost in half. A solution, hardly a good one.

The universty of Michigan hospital where I went to med school had large rooms with 20 beds--10 on each side of the room, with just enough room between beds to draw a curtain and have a nurse or doctor or two stand at the bedside. An extremely efficient way to care for patients, since nurses have much less physical ground to cover. Also a very efficent way to spread airborne pathogens. That hospital has since been replaced. My girlfriend at the time at previously been a nurse at the Royal Victoria in Montreal. The only RN for a 40 bed single room ward on the night shift. Her first job out of school.

If the issue is airborne pathogens, it seems a combination of single patient rooms and multi-patient rooms and wards like the newer ICUs I have seen ( that have multiple beds for a single Care / nursing station can be used effectively - with single patient rooms used until a diagnosis is confirmed.
    This capacity would not be cut in half, but might be reduced 10% or 5% or 20% depending on circumstances --

The situation I described isn't a transitional patient care situation - many of the residents at the Center of Care will be there for the rest of their lives
    ( an old friend, paralyzed by meningitis has been there a decade... )

five roommates ?
    no thanks...

I think there are management schemes that can decrease Some of the complications of shared rooms, without cutting capacity in half.

Good luck !
    I see this opportunity returning sooner than later...

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The universty of Michigan hospital where I went to med school
    My uncle completed his residency there. He was a surgeon. I know he was there in 1985, because I visited him then (Ohio/MI game!!), but I don’t remember the span of years. He worked the clinic for the games and got us free tickets.

My uncle completed his residency there. He was a surgeon. I know he was there in 1985, because I visited him then (Ohio/MI game!!), but I don’t remember the span of years. He worked the clinic for the games and got us free tickets.
    I finished in 76, so he was there after my time. Never did make any football games--I couldn't afford it but I did sell my ticket rights. I don't know what it's like now but when I was there students got rights to buy tickets to specific seats--and seniors' seats were near the 50, not stuck in a corner--the rights were worth a goodly sum on the open market.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It's wild west here. Even the CDC now says it's OK to go out masked after 5 days if you feel up to it..

Vaccines are available, as are good masks for those who might be immune compromised. There are literally millions of infected people running around unmasked and you're going to try to shame us for going out masked after a negative test? OK!

Hell even the Instacart folks are running around unmasked and not testing.. Betting they're out there working even if they know they have it. They have to. No sick pay for gig workers.
    The home tests don’t seem to be accurate with the new strain

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I was 10 and oblivious to the seating costs. I remember sitting in the student section, the owner of dominos pizza making an appearance v by helicopter, Michigan winning, students rushing the field, and the goalposts getting torn down.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post

It sure seems like that... and they're shutting down a lot of the county free PCR test locations. But to be fair, I haven't seen a line at the one near me in well over a month. Maybe the home tests will work better with the next round??

Click: Celtic down, repeat, Celtic down. Acknowledge please.
    Click: Copy
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post

We are seeing this now as well.

One of my employees is WFH this week sick with COVID. Mild, thankfully. Her parents flew out this past weekend from Jackson hole to visit... They promptly tested positive out here. They then promptly rebooked their flight back to JH later that day so they could quarantine at home instead of out here.

JFC.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    One of my employees is WFH this week sick with COVID. Mild, thankfully. Her parents flew out this past weekend from Jackson hole to visit... They promptly tested positive out here. They then promptly rebooked their flight back to JH later that day so they could quarantine at home instead of out here.

JFC.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post

JFC.
    Ya, not the best, most courteous way to handle that. Hope they at least wear fully legit N95s the entire time they are in public places. IIRC, there were healthcare folks actually working in them after testing positive when it was full blown chaos and not nearly enough people to handle the crush of sick and dying people.

Hardly that level of emergency though. And nobody's legally requiring anyone to do the right thing either..

Our area is now orange on the high transmission areas map. I was in a meeting last night, 7 people in a 10 by 10 low ceiling room, 3 masked, 4 unmasked.. I only knew two of them.. and they were the others wearing KN95 masks. I did know for certain that the other 4 were not from the area and in town on business.

They're out there. Home tests suck even when you're trying. Allergies or COVID? I'll go out if I feel good but wear the halfway good mask around others sharing air nearby.

My 79 year old mom 4x vaxxed went to Colorado the weekend before this one and caught covid with her idiot guru friends at their 'conference'. They all tested themselves day 1 then unmasked for money sucking meditation sessions. Flew home Sunday (wore N95 in plane), sick Monday, tested positive Tuesday, Paxil same day. Better by the weekend, negative on Monday and back to normal driving my 12 yo girl around to her events. My dad stayed negative. Home test everyday. Zero symptoms. Also 4x vaxxed. He is just like me. Skating free of this garbage from the start.

My dad doesn't hate people like I do and is involved in everything on every committee running around everywhere (mostly to avoid my mom I think) and his mask wearing has always been softer than mine so no explanation for why he hasn't gotten sick.

Wife comes down with sore throat Thursday. Home tests negative 2x. PCR negative Friday with University of Iowa fast PCR test. Missed two days of work. Mostly better today.

Myself still skating free from all if this shit. Even the sore throat my wife has that shows up as nothing on all the tests. Wtf?

When it strikes I will cry like a baby. Till then counting my good luck charms.

' glad folks are well, ugly-

please
    don't forget - all the other bugs are still out there, And
    plenty of allergens in eastern IA that can contribute to a sore throat
    ( I need to check for a Wildfire smoke plume like there was last year... )

...plenty of irritants, allergens, and pathogens -

' glad your family is well !

skiJ

' glad folks are well, ugly-

please
    don't forget - all the other bugs are still out there, And
    plenty of allergens in eastern IA that can contribute to a sore throat
    ( I need to check for a Wildfire smoke plume like there was last year... )

...plenty of irritants, allergens, and pathogens -

' glad your family is well !

skiJ
    Allergens yes.

We have been crazy free of wildfire smoke this summer.

Hot AF though.

Sunday morning epi musings:

With the antigen home test we always knew that it might take two tests over two days to have good sensitivity. This was known and why the tests came in two packs. The message was "if you are sick, stay home, please test."

The message isn't changed, but anecdotally, these tests now seem less sensitive. I was recently exposed when someone who thought they were having allergies tested negative 2 days in a row, then the day after the bbq, that person tested positive. Then I developed allergy type symptoms. I isolated 5 days, tested negative 3 days in a row on sx days 3-5, and went out masked for the next 5.

Did I have COVID? Don't know. Had I been quite social before then? Yes. Did I hang out after with two friends who were also on (unrelated) COVID watch and also testing negative? Sure.

For over a year during the pandemic, I used to say to healthcare workers "COVID isn't the only thing your patient can have, but your patient almost certainly has COVID" in the context of respiratory infectious diagnosis. At first there were no other circulating RVs except rhinovirus. Then the masks started to come off, and there were other circulating pathogens, but they were still eclipsed by the hyper-contagious COVID variants. Now "almost certainly" is just "likely." COVID is still number one, but it isn't the only one.

Do the tests still work?

On Friday an Epi from the state suggested continuous testing for up to 6 days might be needed. I thought this was extremely absurd for the average person.

The current way of thinking, data supported, is that if you are testing antigen negative with good procedure, you are at least significantly less contagious, or likely not contagious. You don't have enough antigen you are just not shedding as much, or any, replication competent virus, particularly if you have some level of immunity (and almost everyone does now), particularly if you are on the recovery end of the illness, thus the idea of using antigens to clear early from isolation.

So did the viral antigen dynamics change vs the tests? Or is this a manifestation of antigen levels in people with significant immunity from vaccination/infection?

If there is a new way of thinking that we need to test for 6 days, it needs to be data supported. If the reasoning is that the antigen tests have severely degraded clinical sensitivity (ability to positively detect transmissible infection), then we need different tests (updated antigen or use PCR). Such a message is not being put forth outside of discussion on my state epidemiology call.

I've said this repeatedly, testing is hard and complex, even for the medical professional.

Hospitalizations are manageable. Staffing impacts are the primary. This is the end of the Deceleration Phase that Fauci described at the end of the Pandemic->Endemic transition.

Go out, enjoy a social summer, don't stress. You might get Rona, but you'll be OK. You won't get the pox, polios, marburg, yellow fever, or whatever else the 24 hour news cycle is yammering about. Stop stressing. Wash your hands. Wear a mask in crowded and poorly ventilated places. If you are stick, stay home. I still like antigens to clear COVID iso, especially if you are around the vulnerable.

/Sunday morning epidemiology musings
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.