Page 792 of 929 FirstFirst ... 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 ... LastLast
Results 19,776 to 19,800 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    It isn't any different. And doesn't belong in this thread any more than your post did. Though we certainly appreciate you calling us out as if we read and preapprove of every post made in here, that's nice.

Fuck off.

Look, it's not that fucking hard. Want to discuss public health policy, vaccine science, whatever, knock yourselves out in here. Want to take a shot at the other party, or particular people closely aligned with the other party, take it to poliass. Yes, there's a grey area, the public health policy discussion has a fuzzy line with politics. But neither that comic above nor the bicycle meme came remotely close to the fuzzy line, they are clearly political shots and nothing else, and have no place in here. So knock it the fuck off, we don't want to have to moderate a goddam thing but you guys are making it hard.
    Yeah, quit picking on Tucker Carlson&friends - they deserve our utmost respect. They report the NEWS!!!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    thread needs sum jimmies
    “[...] I finally understood that death and numbers don't cohere. Everyone is 'one.' An accident report might say that nine died, four of them in their teens, but each death was 'one.' Each of six million Jews was 'one.' With death it is a series of 'ones.”
    ― Jim Harrison, Returning to Earth
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I’m posting this:

—“ Yes, there's a grey area, the public health policy discussion has a fuzzy line with politics. ”

.. by the mods

# because a wannabe mod really needs to hear it and understand it

///kumbaya my lord
    bm

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Yeah, quit picking on Tucker Carlson&friends - they deserve our utmost respect. They report the NEWS!!!
    Jesus, defending the defenseless and no sense of humor? Mods are Iggles fans and pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    It isn't any different. And doesn't belong in this thread any more than your post did. Though we certainly appreciate you calling us out as if we read and preapprove of every post made in here, that's nice.

... off.

Look, it's not that fucking hard. Want to discuss public health policy, vaccine science, whatever, knock yourselves out in here. Want to take a shot at the other party, or particular people closely aligned with the other party, take it to poliass. Yes, there's a grey area, the public health policy discussion has a fuzzy line with politics. But neither that comic above nor the bicycle meme came remotely close to the fuzzy line, they are clearly political shots and nothing else, and have no place in here. So knock it the fuck off, we don't want to have to moderate a goddam thing but you guys are making it hard.
    +1
    Thank you. skiJ

Adolescents are constantly testing boundaries. When they mature a bit more that won't be such a problem, and they can't take it to Pollyass cause there isn't the attention they have to have found over there.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Fair and balanced, or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Good. Fuck that guy. And not because he is an anti-vaxxer, but because he revealed himself to be an entitled douchebag who thinks he is better than the rest of us.

Plus I can’t believe he is a pro tennis player, I’m way better than he is.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    In all fairness…he is better then the rest of us. No one here is arguably the best in history…at anything. However, he is wasting opportunities to build on his legacy with this shit. Just get the stupid shot and keep playing.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    In all fairness…he is better then the rest of us.....

....at hitting a rubber ball with a stick.

So that's about it. Glad to see the Aussies have some balls.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    In all fairness…he is better then the rest of us. No one here is arguably the best in history…at anything. However, he is wasting opportunities to build on his legacy with this shit. Just get the stupid shot and keep playing.

Better at tennis. Better human? No fucking way, I don’t care about any pro athletes. I care about people being decent, considerate and unselfish that’s the primary gauge of worth.

The anti-vaxx crowd is gonna (continue to) be conflicted once these covid pill treatments come to market courtesy of big pharma.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The anti-vaxx crowd is gonna (continue to) be conflicted once these covid pill treatments come to market courtesy of big pharma.
    All they gotta do is put the in a different bottle at the coop next to the horse pills.. #trojanhorsesolution..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Vaccinated vs unvaccinated data

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Doc...Vaccinated.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

^^^
    I’m actually surprised that 138 fully vaccinated people between 12-65 died of Covid-19. Certainly more than I would’ve thought.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    How can anyone step back, take a look, and NOT realize just how incredibly fucked we'd all be right now if there wasn't an effective vaccine ... or if everybody refused to take it. The entire healthcare, EMS, police, and fire departments would be totally crashed with serious illness and deaths throughout their ranks. Every occupation and place of business would be decimated.. good masks would be even harder to come by.

All the "you do you but I'm not taking the vaccine" can just go fuck right the hell off..
    Calm down, amigo. History is full of this. Vaccines are new. My guess is that we are spitting out the other side at the moment, just in like a long line of pandemics in history.

I'm guessing that the situation in China is going to be fascinating to watch. One wonders if their zero Covid policy was just delaying the inevitable. You can't hide forever if you want to be the world's factory.

Maybe I missed it upthread, has there been data/ analysis remicron between 2x and 3x vax? And hospitalization rates comparing 2x and 3x vaxed for omicron?

More is better. You're welcome.

I’m just trying to make sense of the city of San Jose’s new mandate. Here’s a press release q&a: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mer...t-mandate/amp/

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

It finally got me.

Girlfriend and two sons had it the last two weeks. I saw her Friday night and the Sunday before last. Only saw her Friday because it was my 50th. I tested negative 2x last week.

it either incubated 7 days, or less than 2.

So far just a light cough, felt like shit Sunday night. Slightly better already. Triple vaxed.

She developed symptoms a week after her boys did.

My illness was similar. Happy to be vaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    It finally got me.

Girlfriend and two sons had it the last two weeks. I saw her Friday night and the Sunday before last. Only saw her Friday because it was my 50th. I tested negative 2x last week.

it either incubated 7 days, or less than 2.

So far just a light cough, felt like shit Sunday night. Slightly better already. Triple vaxed.

She developed symptoms a week after her boys did.

Grow up and stop celebrating your birthday

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Maybe I missed it upthread, has there been data/ analysis remicron between 2x and 3x vax? And hospitalization rates comparing 2x and 3x vaxed for omicron?
    I haven't seen anything as strong as the studies on booster effectiveness against delta that Summit posted a while back (showing stronger results for boosted against delta than unboosted against original), but this does look pretty compelling (figure 2 is a quick synopsis--note the J&J crossovers to mRNA doing much better than the one who got 2xJ&J):

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34995482/

"we measured the neutralization potency of sera from 88 mRNA-1273, 111 BNT162b, and 40 Ad26.COV2.S vaccine recipients against wild-type, Delta, and Omicron SARS-CoV-2 pseudoviruses. We included individuals that received their primary series recently (<3 months), distantly (6-12 months), or an additional "booster" dose, while accounting for prior SARS-CoV-2 infection. Remarkably, neutralization of Omicron was undetectable in most vaccinees. However, individuals boosted with mRNA vaccines exhibited potent neutralization of Omicron, only 4-6-fold lower than wild type, suggesting enhanced cross-reactivity of neutralizing antibody responses. In addition, we find that Omicron pseudovirus infects more efficiently than other variants tested. Overall, this study highlights the importance of additional mRNA doses to broaden neutralizing antibody responses against highly divergent SARS-CoV-2 variants."

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    More is better. You're welcome.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/17/healt...ata/index.html

Science disagrees with you, but OK.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I haven't seen anything as strong as the studies on booster effectiveness against delta that Summit posted a while back (showing stronger results for boosted against delta than unboosted against original), but this does look pretty compelling (figure 2 is a quick synopsis--note the J&J crossovers to mRNA doing much better than the one who got 2xJ&J):

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34995482/

"we measured the neutralization potency of sera from 88 mRNA-1273, 111 BNT162b, and 40 Ad26.COV2.S vaccine recipients against wild-type, Delta, and Omicron SARS-CoV-2 pseudoviruses. We included individuals that received their primary series recently (<3 months), distantly (6-12 months), or an additional "booster" dose, while accounting for prior SARS-CoV-2 infection. Remarkably, neutralization of Omicron was undetectable in most vaccinees. However, individuals boosted with mRNA vaccines exhibited potent neutralization of Omicron, only 4-6-fold lower than wild type, suggesting enhanced cross-reactivity of neutralizing antibody responses. In addition, we find that Omicron pseudovirus infects more efficiently than other variants tested. Overall, this study highlights the importance of additional mRNA doses to broaden neutralizing antibody responses against highly divergent SARS-CoV-2 variants."
    Name:  gr2_lrg.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  180.5 KB

Figure 2 from the abstract cited above - I believe this is important information and shows the importance of boosters -

the right column of Chart C shows the benefit of the booster - I have been seeing numbers that show antibody response with the booster is 37% to 54% better than an initial vaccination series alone ;

to those who figure omicron is 'not that bad' and are just going to take your chances with omicron,
    Please remember delta is still out there, And omicron is putting people in the hospital.

Thank you for the link, jono --

tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 01-18-2022 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/17/healt...ata/index.html

Science disagrees with you, but OK.
    asspan lieing with covid misinformation, what’s new?
    We have a follow-up of the Pfizer vaccine for two weeks now, and we have a follow-up of the Moderna vaccine just for one week at this time point. And what we see is that the Pfizer vaccine, after two weeks, you see an enhancement or increase in the number of antibodies and neutralizing antibodies -- a pretty nice increase. It's even a little bit higher than what we had after the third dose," Regev-Yochay said. "Yet, this is probably not enough for the Omicron."