Page 75 of 929 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Beyond the 3 that are already have FDA Emergency Use Approval?

They don't get released to the public without being approved.
    Emergency Use Approval is not the same thing as the normal FDA approval process.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Emergency Use Approval is not the same thing as the normal FDA approval process.

Tell me about the Normal FDA process.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Tell me about the Normal FDA process.
    Google is your friend...GTS.

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-b...ines-explained

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

LOL. Thanks for that

I get to register on Friday, looking forward to that.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I guess that showed you mofro.

Gretch... you do know what he does for a living right? It's been covered already many times in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I guess that showed you mofro.

Gretch... you do know what he does for a living right? It's been covered already many times in this thread.
    No I have not been keeping notes on the career happenings of all the maggots.

If he knew the answer...why did he ask the question? To prove some point? If so, then just come out and say it.

My point was simply that if the vaccinations had FDA Approval instead of just Emergency Use Authorization, it would kill that argument coming from those wavering on the vaccination.

The Administration is now saying there will be enough vaccine for all Americans by the end of May. At some point there will be enough availability for indifference to kick in: “It shouldn’t be a competition, but Americans will only want to get it if it means someone else can’t."

My point was simply that if the vaccinations had FDA Approval instead of just Emergency Use Authorization, it would kill that argument coming from those wavering on the vaccination.
    My gut feeling is it wouldn't make much difference. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    My gut feeling is it wouldn't make much difference. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Yeah...it may make no difference for full on anti-vac people, but some of the people I have talked to, most in their 60s, say “it didn’t go through the same approval process and was developed super fast.”

These are people that get flu vaccines every year and have all received polio vaccines, and all the others as kids...shingles as adults, etc.

Those are the people I think it would help convince...skeptics that are not generally anti-vax and got their kids all their shots when they were young.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The Administration is now saying there will be enough vaccine for all Americans by the end of May. At some point there will be enough availability for indifference to kick in: “It shouldn’t be a competition, but Americans will only want to get it if it means someone else can’t."
    And Biden is known for not over-promising, so do they actually expect enough vaccines much sooner?

Obliviousness to one's own stupidity must be absolutely freeing.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I had a guy tell me he wasn’t going to get the vaccine because he didn’t think it should be mandatory.

You know what may be turning people off to getting the vaccine? Showing some people get vaccinated with like an inch and a half needle going balls deep in the arm. Don't do that. Many, like myself, are pussies around needles.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You know what may be turning people off to getting the vaccine? Showing some people get vaccinated with like an inch and a half needle going balls deep in the arm. Don't do that. Many, like myself, are pussies around needles.

Needle girth is what causes pain- not needle length (cue the jokes)

Yeah...it may make no difference for full on anti-vac people, but some of the people I have talked to, most in their 60s, say “it didn’t go through the same approval process and was developed super fast.”

These are people that get flu vaccines every year and have all received polio vaccines, and all the others as kids...shingles as adults, etc.

Those are the people I think it would help convince...skeptics that are not generally anti-vax and got their kids all their shots when they were young.

How many people fall into that category...that are in their 60s and would rather risk getting COVID and dying rather than take a vaccine that's shown to be more or less completely safe so far? Personally, I know zero people like that.

the only people I know of that are not getting the vaccine are anti-vaxxers.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Suck it up and don't be a pussy? Close your eyes and realize that ~5 seconds of needle = protection to not die or kill others. I thought you were old enough to be part of the "tough" generation, and not a weenie millennial. Jesus...

Actually, "bro", I got my Pfizer #1 yesterday, and it didn't hurt a bit. Nana Nana. But, no lollipop.

FDA will want to see more data from the manufacturers to give full approval, but mainly I think they'll want to take plenty of time both to be sure there are no late side effects and to reassure people who think the EUA was too fast. And I would hope to see if cases start showing up late in the vaccinated--just my guess but I would think full approval would in part depend on knowing how long protection lasts, efficacy against variants, etc.

Time will tell. I'm going to Austin! Did the governor open the music halls?

Time will tell. I'm going to Austin! Did the governor open the music halls?
    Yeah, the FDA's messaging is kind of a buzzkill so maybe gretch has a point. All the talk about reassuring Americans the vaccine is safe, the EUAs, the one dose or two discussion, still having to wear a mask after being vaccinated (even though we should), is terrible messaging.

I'm not saying any of it is wrong per se, just that getting vaccinated also means getting back to normal and having some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    And Biden is known for not over-promising, so do they actually expect enough vaccines much sooner?
    Unless there are production/distribution problems, just Looking at the number of doses purchased compared to other countries like Canada, for example, then factor in the percentage who're abstaining — and it seems likely any motivated adult American who wants to be vaccinated will have a good chance in the next several months.

By ‘fun’, you really mean ‘gobs of sex with multiple partners’, don’t you, young-Un?

Heh, young but not too young to care:

Fewer young adults
    are engaging in casual sexual intercourse now than in the past.. Among young men, declines in drinking frequency, an increase in computer gaming, and the growing percentage who live with their parents all contribute significantly to the decline in casual sex.

I blame diminished testosterone from the emergence of e-bikes.
    This wasn’t a problem before ebikes, so it’s just science.