Page 703 of 813 FirstFirst ... 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 ... LastLast
Results 17,551 to 17,575 of 20311
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Im pretty sure you and your ancestors didn't have to go through the toba eruption bottleneck because you're so much smarter than everyone else.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    More vax than man!
    ABSOLUTELY IMMUNE !
    opening song of Blizzard Of Ahhhs

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I have received a flu shot every year since 1988. Every other suggested vaccine except shingles. In 2021, I have already had 3 COVID shots. My thing is that I am not comfortable getting 4-6 (or more) shot for the same virus and its variants. Hoping that starting in 2022, the only vaccines that I need is one flu shot and one COVID shot.
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I have received a flu shot every year since 1988. Every other suggested vaccine except shingles. In 2021, I have already had 3 COVID shots. My thing is that I am not comfortable getting 4-6 (or more) shot for the same virus and its variants. Hoping that starting in 2022, the only vaccines that I need is one flu shot and one COVID shot.
    You are not alone. Until last year I had gone 15 years without a flu shot because I don't like the idea of the shotgun approach used for influenza. That reluctance went right out the window last fall.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

So you are willing to get 30+ shots for 1 virus, but for another virus your limit is 3 ?

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I have no limit. I do have a preference. 30 flu vaccines in 30 years. vs. 3+ in one year. Don't you see the difference? I know that you do. You are a member of MENSA after all.
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

If you ever had chicken pox you have shingles waiting to erupt. I had shingles pre-vaccines and trust me you do not want these painful eruptions radiating down a nerve pathway.
    Every other suggested vaccine except shingles.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    If you ever had chicken pox you have shingles waiting to erupt. I had shingles pre-vaccines and trust me you do not want these painful eruptions radiating down a nerve pathway.
    This. Fuck those shingles things. First vax I got as a 50yo.

I'm not sure why my doc discouraged me. I usually listen to the pros, even though I may complain about it.
    ― Milton Friedman

Why can't we hope CV19 eventually dies down like other SARS?? All we really need is 80%-90% vaxed globally right? Oh wait, because polyass...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

i never had a shingles vax
    need to get signed up

I got Shingrex1 like three or four years ago then everyone was out of of it. Originally was supposed to get 2 in 90 days... out of it so they said 180 days.. still out of it so they said up to 1 year.. still impossible to find.. At about 18 months git the second and they said it was still sufficient even that far apart.. Seems like they backfit the requirement to match the availability. Just glad I got something instead of nothing.

"Nobody expects the shingles eruption"; bad juju.

Curious if anyone's heard about adapting the new mRNA vaccine technology for influenza vaccines? Would seem to potentially provide a significant improvement over the old tech.

^^^ For sure this is going to advance the world of vaccines for a lot of disease. And that will probably harden the anti-vax crowd even more.

FWIW out of all the jabs this past 20 months, Shingles2 kicked my ass the most.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

I have no limit. I do have a preference. 30 flu vaccines in 30 years. vs. 3+ in one year. Don't you see the difference? I know that you do. You are a member of MENSA after all.
    I see our mutual dog-loving friend has informed you about my interior decorating.

Im not buying it. Just get vaxxed. Who cares how many times.

I will, but that doesn't mean that I have to be thrilled about it.
    ― Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ For sure this is going to advance the world of vaccines for a lot of disease. And that will probably harden the anti-vax crowd even more.

Rumors of 370437202 babies killed to develop the latest vaccine in 3...2......1.....

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    Got my coreshot fixed with some p3.
    Worst experience so far... first chills then a heatwave

36h after a headache remains.

Immunity together
    How ya doing now?

I had the same progression - body tried to freeze it, then burn it, then suffocate by plugging up sinuses.
    Finally woke up middle of second night soaked in sweat,feeling great!

An intense immune reaction

I will, but that doesn't mean that I have to be thrilled about it.
    Oh, FFS, pull up your big girl panties and quit your whining.

Of course. I'm going to just hope that my two Moderna and one Pfizer will suffice until the spring.
    ― Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Ditto - nary an issue with three Pfizer's but on my butt for Shingles2.

I took it as a really good sign I got it.

I gotta get me a shingles vaxx.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I gotta get me a shingles vaxx.
    Grab the HPV vaccine while your at it.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Grab the HPV vaccine while your at it.

At my age??? And I would think I'd need to get tested for HPV first since I've had warts before???

I'm guessing we don't see as many people arguing about their natural immunity to HPV vaccination.