Page 67 of 929 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I don't get the crazy amount of medical professionals who don't want the vaccine.
    Try looking at it this way.
    I get that crazy medical professionals don't want the vaccine.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Johnny the neighbor was a super healthy climber/ skier/ paraglider and all around outlier but it didnt matter cuz the big C was stage 4 by the time they figured it out and he was gone at < 60 yrs

4 bag shitters on my fathers side so I've had 4 scope jobs, i get them every 5 years

the scope is easy but the prep is shitty

get the scope dude
    They started scoping me every 5 yrs when I was 30 because my dad had a big tumor, which was caught moments before spreading out of the colon. So he survived that but spent the rest of his days with his colon a foot shorter. I'm due again this summer and terrified I'll catch covid-19. However, every single time they harvest a bunch of polyps.

I got ass-scoped last summer - never actually saw a single person's mouth/nose; went well. It was actually scheduled for late Fall, but convinced my gastro-enterologist that it was better to do it a little early rather than wait until the predicted spike started rolling - glad he was amenable. Looks like things will be pretty secure by this summer (anti-variant jinx dance).

the scope is easy but the prep is shitty
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lZIgAnx3asE

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

i didnt mind the Pico-salax they were using but this last time I had to drink a gallon of CoLyte which really sucked

as you all have probably ascertained from my posts i am a perfect asshole

ergo they have never found any cancer
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

i didnt mind the Pico-salax they were using but this last time I had to drink a gallon of CoLyte which really sucked

as you all have probably ascertained from my posts i am a perfect asshole

ergo they have never found any cancer
    When I was a resident I had an older pediatric surgery attending who was an ok guy but imperious--like Charles on MASH. One day he did a repair on a baby's anus. When he was done he said-"Now that's the perfect asshole+. And I said--"It takes one to know one". I don't now why I wasn't fired, but like I said, he was an OK guy. Plus he had once met one of my personal heroes, Norman Bethune.

My Dad got his second shot! Can't remember which one it was. Only side effect is/was tiredness and needing to sleep. I guess that's the immune system in overdrive. Where's mine, dammit!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Go volunteer at a vaccination site. They often have left over doses at the end of the day. The moderna one is 10 doses per vial, and if they have no people come through after the last one, they give the remaining doses to people volunteering or working at the building so that none gets wasted. Got my first one on Saturday.

If they have no more doses after the scheduled ones are given, they do not open more. Hit or miss. A number of my friends have gotten their first shot and nearly all the volunteers I was working with had already received the first shot. Help the pandemic effort, get a shot. Win win.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When I was a resident I had an older pediatric surgery attending who was an ok guy but imperious--like Charles on MASH. One day he did a repair on a baby's anus. When he was done he said-"Now that's the perfect asshole+. And I said--"It takes one to know one". I don't now why I wasn't fired, but like I said, he was an OK guy. Plus he had once met one of my personal heroes, Norman Bethune.
    I have done this kind of thing so many times, IMO its all in the timing

Norm was a great canadain eh

big proponent of universal HC and a card carrying communist
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I don't get the crazy amount of medical professionals who don't want the vaccine.
    The ratio of yes vs no in "healthcare" mostly mirror the ratio in larger society. The determining factors point toward education level of the workers, along with income and race factors. Good overview here: https://www.vox.com/22214210/covid-v...s-safety-fears

a new report by a consortium of universities, released Friday, shows that Covid-19 vaccine uptake and enthusiasm in the health care workforce has also been incredibly uneven. For example, those earning less than $50,000 a year were almost three times less likely to have been vaccinated by mid-January than someone earning more than $200,000 — 8 percent vs 23 percent. Those making lower wages were also much more likely to say they would not get the vaccine at all (27 percent versus 11 percent).
    The new February report found that, of workers in the health care field who had not received education beyond high school, 29 percent said they would not get the Covid-19 vaccine (and 22 percent said they would wait until most people they knew had been vaccinated) — compared to 9 percent (and 10 percent, respectively) of people who hold a graduate degree
    About 40 percent of health care workers in the US are people of color. A deep history of institutionalized medical racism means that people of color have frequently been subjects of unethical experiments in the US, often sowing justified mistrust in the medical establishment. Unfortunately, due also to centuries of systemic racism, many of these groups have also been among those hardest hit by the pandemic.

I have done this kind of thing so many times, IMO its all in the timing

Norm was a great canadain eh

big proponent of universal HC and a card carrying communist
    For those unfamiliar--he was a thoracic surgeon who served on the Republican side in the Spanish Civil War, served with the Communists fighting the Japanese in WWII, died of sepsis after he cut himself operating in a cave. There's a medical school in China named after him. Also a rib shears.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    The ratio of yes vs no in "healthcare" mostly mirror the ratio in larger society. The determining factors point toward education level of the workers, along with income and race factors. Good overview here: https://www.vox.com/22214210/covid-v...s-safety-fears
    Just mind boggling that 1 in 10 educated healthcare workers still say no. At some point this is gonna come down to simple Darwinism that those who got the vaccine will survive this disease and those who refuse will die disproportionately. You know at that point people are gonna try to raise a fucking stink, yet all they had to do was roll up their sleeve and STFU.

Just mind boggling that 1 in 10 educated healthcare workers still say no. At some point this is gonna come down to simple Darwinism that those who got the vaccine will survive this disease and those who refuse will die disproportionately. You know at that point people are gonna try to raise a fucking stink, yet all they had to do was roll up their sleeve and STFU.
    You have to realize that the generalization of 1 in 10 not getting it involves a ton more hair splitting than a simple yes vs no. Anyone with a long list of pre-existing conditions will wait for the J&J or AZ option, anyone currently or wanting to be pregnant will likely hold off and anyone who had covid in the last 1-6mo may want to hold off for fear of a strong reaction.

All that to say - don’t view 10% as a bad thing; just a normal reality and a pretty good outcome.

So: you have an urgent (but not yet an emergency) need for medical treatment involving surgery + ICU time ...... can you demand that you see proof that all engaged staff have been vaccinated before proceeding? Or that any not vaccinated be removed from supporting your care? I would like to think so, but am unsure. Of course it would be ideal if it wasn't even something you had to think about, because it was mandatory for all staff ........

You can ask anything you want, even demand it, it's your right. However, whether they would comply with your request is a different question. Your concern is certainly valid but theirs may not be quite so.

I'm guessing that if a vaccine is fully FDA approved while there are still significant cases it will be mandatory for HCW's with direct patient contact, although maybe not universally. They may give people the option of PPE and if they do that will convince people to get the shot--no one likes wearing an N95 all day. Once case numbers drop enough they may drop the requirement, but the numbers would have to be very low IMO.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Weird circumstances starting to unfold here in my area/district. Schools have been in person since September. The numbers have stayed low enough to stay in person all year.....been a success story here in NEPA.

Now, most of staff has been recently fully vaccinated over the past month....and all of a sudden our COVID numbers (staff and students) are really rising and getting to the point where we could possibly go to virtual/pause extracurricular activities because of all the positive tests/quarantining that is occurring in the school community.

The surrounding area has very good mask adherence....and everyone seems to be following same protocols for close to a year now......it’s why our numbers have been so low until recently. Now, that vaccinations are happening we are getting more positive tests? it’s like a kick in the gut.

It’s just all so discouraging.....Thankful and grateful our community is getting vaccinated.....but it’s not over yet.....
    Last edited by BC.; 02-23-2021 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    You have to realize that the generalization of 1 in 10 not getting it involves a ton more hair splitting than a simple yes vs no. Anyone with a long list of pre-existing conditions will wait for the J&J or AZ option, anyone currently or wanting to be pregnant will likely hold off and anyone who had covid in the last 1-6mo may want to hold off for fear of a strong reaction.

All that to say - don’t view 10% as a bad thing; just a normal reality and a pretty good outcome.
    There are very few reported issues with either of those scenarios. The prior extreme allergy issue is well documented and rare. Not sure what you mean by the "pre-existing condition" thing. Regardless 1 in 10 educated healthcare professionals (going by previously stated numbers in this thread) refusing a vaccine that has been injected into 30million arms without any reported issues is ... retarded.

Any claim that these vaccines havent been tested is windowlickingly stupid. More people have these vaccines in their bodies in the USA than have had tested positive for COVID.

500k+ of the unvaccinated group have died. ZERO of the lucky ones. Just chew on that for a second.

Interesting “in the bubble” pod cast today running through risk evaluations in the current scenario of some peeps being vaxed and some peeps being unvaxed. I’m a bit disappointed. I don’t think they got the risk assessment well defined (or correct) in several of their scenarios, but maybe I’m wrong

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000510137869

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Go volunteer at a vaccination site. They often have left over doses at the end of the day. The moderna one is 10 doses per vial, and if they have no people come through after the last one, they give the remaining doses to people volunteering or working at the building so that none gets wasted. Got my first one on Saturday.

If they have no more doses after the scheduled ones are given, they do not open more. Hit or miss. A number of my friends have gotten their first shot and nearly all the volunteers I was working with had already received the first shot. Help the pandemic effort, get a shot. Win win.

sent from Utah.
    At least two of the UT sites, Mountain America & the Smith Grocery stores have a short list of people that they call at the end of the day to dispense many remaining doses. The wait list people meet the criteria for who is eligible at the moment.

Driving 3 hrs for the moderna a shot today.

I found it on signupgenius

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I want to go skiing right after Moderna #2 for a couple hours. Why's that a bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I want to go skiing right after Moderna #2 for a couple hours. Why's that a bad idea?
    Who says it’s a bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Who says it’s a bad idea?
    Like like no one yet. If I'm the first I'll update--but no GoPro footie.

There are very few reported issues with either of those scenarios. The prior extreme allergy issue is well documented and rare. Not sure what you mean by the "pre-existing condition" thing. Regardless 1 in 10 educated healthcare professionals (going by previously stated numbers in this thread) refusing a vaccine that has been injected into 30million arms without any reported issues is ... retarded.

Any claim that these vaccines havent been tested is windowlickingly stupid. More people have these vaccines in their bodies in the USA than have had tested positive for COVID.

500k+ of the unvaccinated group have died. ZERO of the lucky ones. Just chew on that for a second.
    First, lets just be clear: I'm all about the vaccine and have no second thoughts about it's safety or efficacy. I'm waiting for my second Pfizer next week.

I don't think this 10% subset are the people hung up on the overall safety of the vaccine or the 1/Million chance of a random, extreme allergic related death, but they're making a more specific judgement based on their medical situation and exposure potential.

Pre-existing conditions to consider, according to the CDC as of 2/10 ( https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...derations.html), include:
    • Immunocompromised persons
    • Persons with autoimmune conditions
    • Persons with a history of Guillain-Barré syndrome
    • Persons with a history of Bell’s palsy
    • Persons with a history of dermal filler use.

Pregnant women are also considered to be at higher risk for adverse reactions.

For all those groups (and probably too many more who worry about what their pre existing condition might mean), there will be conversations with their doctor and likely hesitancy. For example: out of my 55 coworkers, five chose to not get the vaccine last week. One has a preexisting condition and is waiting for a non M-RNA option. The other four are pregnant and plan to get it post-birth.

The bigger target for your incredulousness should be the 32% of normal people who likely or will not get vaccinated, many because of what Facebook, conspiracy theories, or a meme about GatesSoros5GJewLasers told them.