Page 636 of 929 FirstFirst ... 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 ... LastLast
Results 15,876 to 15,900 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Are we at the point yet where we can move past celebrating and making fun of people that died of Covid that didn’t vaccinate?

It’s one thing for some loud mouthed Fox host or conservative radio personality dying, that’s always great.

But this article is a college kid that died and his newborn will never have a father. Not cool.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

They don’t even say if the person was vaccinated in the article. TGR just hit a new low.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Do u what happens when u get a polio, chicken pox, mumps and measles vaccine? You don’t get polio, chicken pox, mumps and measles. Do u know what happens when you get a covid vaccine? You get covid if you run into an infected person. It’s called a breakthrough infection, quite common nowadays. Maybe you should look it up.🌈
    Huh, who woulda thunk it:
    People who do not develop enough protection when they get the vaccine may develop a mild case of the disease when in close contact with a person with chickenpox. In these cases, people show very little sign of illness. This has been the case of children who get the vaccine in their early childhood and later have contact with children with chickenpox. Some of these children may develop a mild chickenpox also known as breakthrough disease
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varicella_vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That's not what I get from that at all.
    I assume he wasn't vaccinated, but they don't come right out and say it...or I missed it. The "lived his life to the fullest" makes me think he said fuck you about getting a vaccine and instead died.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I assume he wasn't vaccinated, but they don't come right out and say it...or I missed it. The "lived his life to the fullest" makes me think he said fuck you about getting a vaccine and instead died.
    His widow “ declined to discuss his vaccination status”, which tells you all you need to know….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

I need to get off of this quarantine before I turn into SkiDog. Too much time on my hands

They don’t even say if the person was vaccinated in the article. TGR just hit a new low.
    And that’s based on your 42 post count fountain of knowledge? Fuck off and take a lap, kook.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

If somebody asked me my wife’s vax status after she died of covid, I’d punch them in the face.( She is vaxxed) and lived life to his fullest is every ski obit. Way to justify grossness

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    So are Covid vaccines. Covid is a disease that you get when you are infected with this novel coronavirus. You should read up on how vaccines work. It’s been explained in this thread probably hundreds of times by now.
    Also it took years to work out the most effective vaccination protocols for those diseases. Measles was initially a single dose given to infants (at the time almost everyone older had already been exposed), the second dose at age 4-5 wasn't added until much later. With COVID we're trying to do these adjustments essentially in realtime - over a period of months instead of decades.

And does everyone freaking out about COVID booster shots realize that the childhood polio vaccine schedule is 4 doses? All before the age of 6. Plus a booster as an adult if you're likely to be exposed (e.g. if you work in a lab with the virus or are visiting a country where there's higher risk).

44 now bitches. I wish I had time like u

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    His widow “ declined to discuss his vaccination status”, which tells you all you need to know….
    Think it's a bit of a stretch. Certainly not worth posting the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

53 yo male died at my hospital yesterday after a two week course of Covid. BMI 25, no comorbidities. Healthy and active.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Doing a government job for the DOE/military and we’ve heard in the last week or two that it will be rolling down to all contractors and subs. Still all hearsay at this point but the date I’ve heard thrown around, for here at least, is Dec 5th.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens. I’m expecting we’ll lose a lot of people, it is Idaho after all… but a lot of the craft guys who are local are not going to be able to find another job to go to considering most infrastructure jobs are federally funded.

Also surprising is the amount of office staff that are not vax’d yet. Like almost shocking. I have a feeling many are going to cave.

Then again, I heard LANL lost around 130 people when they brought the hammer down.
    How many people work at lanl anyways? Seems like its the anchor employer for the area, although i doubt theyll have trouble finding new work in engineering.

ksl -
    " She declined to discuss his vaccination status or medical details. "

AK47 -
    " Are we at the point yet where we can move past celebrating and making fun of people that died of Covid that didn’t vaccinate? "

teletech -
    " They don’t even say if the person was vaccinated in the article. TGR just hit a new low. "

I'm with AK47. no value in making fun of an expectant father dying at age 28.

certain that he was not vaccinated ( he had previously been hospitalized with covid in 2020 ) --
    resulting in Death, for him, it doesn't matter anymore...

This IS Why I believe we need to be vigilant about immunity. current Guideline is booster at six months for anyone at risk - with the Delta variant "Breakthrough" infections, I would say everyone functioning in public is at risk
    . . . even if you live and work out-of-public ( I am thinking of farmers ), there is still almost always weekly exposure to vendors or other Service people.

and I would be in favor of not making fun of people dying of covid - vaccinated or Not.

thanks... skiJ

Do u what happens when u get a polio, chicken pox, mumps and measles vaccine? You don’t get polio, chicken pox, mumps and measles. Do u know what happens when you get a covid vaccine? You get covid if you run into an infected person. It’s called a breakthrough infection, quite common nowadays. Maybe you should look it up.
    All of those vaccines have breakthrough infections. They prevent disease

44 now bitches. I wish I had time like u
    I’m sure you do, beater. Maybe you could write a book, in the tradition of Tom Wolfe.You could title it “ The Bonfire of the Inanities”……
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I see that stuff all the time in the obits in our paper these days. Some say they died of covid, but in a lot of cases the families are unwilling or ashamed to admit it, and you get language like "marched to the beat of his own drum" and stuff like that. It's interesting to try to dissect the language, but so many people are dying of covid it's not hard to figure out the ones who otherwise had no real reason to be dying so young.

I’m just glad you retired. I could see u coming across a house fire, Trump sign in front yard. Then driving away muttering”fucker had it coming”

I’m just glad you retired. I could see u coming across a house fire, Trump sign in front yard. Then driving away muttering”fucker had it coming”
    Swing and a miss, fuckface. What do you do for a living? Besides troll a ski forum from Moms basement.

Pray for sad saps like yourself who think it’s funny when people Die. Dick punches for all who think like you.

i liked you better when you didn't post.

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Doing a government job for the DOE/military and we’ve heard in the last week or two that it will be rolling down to all contractors and subs. Still all hearsay at this point but the date I’ve heard thrown around, for here at least, is Dec 5th.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens. I’m expecting we’ll lose a lot of people, it is Idaho after all… but a lot of the craft guys who are local are not going to be able to find another job to go to considering most infrastructure jobs are federally funded.

Also surprising is the amount of office staff that are not vax’d yet. Like almost shocking. I have a feeling many are going to cave.

Then again, I heard LANL lost around 130 people when they brought the hammer down.
    Can the craft guys doing federal jobs afford to give up their Davis - Bacon plus fringe?

Federal vaccination deadline is Nov. 22nd minus 14 days to get a JandJ shot. Will be interesting to see what happens for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    how do you figure they are going to mandate vaccination in tradesmen ?

I can only think of one construction Company in the region I am from that may have anywhere near 100 ( a hundred) employees - many have fewer than 25 employees. ( edit. and what I know of the company, I would not be surprised If the tradesmen are independent contractors. )

I am aware it may be different for the Large construction Companies, especially in urban metropolitan areas, But
    I am still betting there are dozens of companies with fewer than 100 employees, for every construction Company with More than 100.

so far, I see millions of people that will not be required by the Mandate as it was presented
    ( have the OSHA Rules been published yet ? ) ...

Thank you. skiJ

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/01/b...e-mandate.html ( still Coming Soon. November 1, 2021 )
    Those who are not subject to federal workplace mandates, or state mandates where they exist, can increasingly be subject to mandates on all forms of interstate transportation, entry into federal facilities including National Parks and federal campgrounds, etc etc. (It usually takes a personal visit to the SSA to start getting Social Security--that ought to catch a few.

There is only so much the federal govt can do in the face of staunch opposition to vaccination at all political levels and on the part of individuals. Let's make it clear--the pandemic is the responsibility of every resident of every country. If so many Americans refuse to do what's necessary to protect themselves, their families, and their fellow Americans, we have no choice but to accept the consequences.

What if the person was offered free fire proofing that was proven to reduce the risk of dying in a fire?

What if in turning down this fireproofing not only did they die in the fire but their vulnerable next door neighbor died as well despite the fact she accepted the free fire proofing?

I guess we can’t point out what a dick move that would be. Better to celebrate their life and the fact they died doing what they loved - being an inconsiderate argumentative science denying selfish prick.