Page 631 of 929 FirstFirst ... 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 ... LastLast
Results 15,751 to 15,775 of 23206
    Moderna #3 in the house.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Another good reason to be jabbed, specially for us old white farts.

“a recent report from the Centres for Disease Control (cdc) in America has produced a novel, and even mysterious, reason to be glad for a covid-19 vaccination. The cdc data show that people vaccinated with the Pfizer or Moderna covid-19 jabs are one-third as likely to die of other causes too. “

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...f-other-causes People with covid jabs have been less likely to die of other causes from TheEconomist

Billy boy has some explaining to do.

I wonder if that is related to the fact that many places suppress their covid counts. So deaths get counted as not-covid related.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Lets keep this one up for posterity.
    Sure. Does it prove something to you? To me it shows progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I wonder if that is related to the fact that many places suppress their covid counts. So deaths get counted as not-covid related.
    It's also interesting that Pfizer works better for some demographics than Moderna and visa versa. I would have assumed the trend would be the same regardless of race, ethnicity, age...as in Moderna better for one group, then better for all groups, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Perhaps the graph reflects the fact that if you're 65+ and not vaccinated you probably aren't getting a lot of other health care either. Also, if you have a terminal disease you may not bother to get vaccinated. Or if you're unvaccinated in a nursing home you're in a shitty nursing home. I doubt the vaccine is protective--vaccination status is a marker for other things.
    I doubt the difference between Moderna and Pfizer is statistically significant. Doesn't look like it https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7043e2.htm

Article from a Swedish Covid researcher advocating one dose for people who have had covid already (although not for the US because you cant make things complicated for the Americans).
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/28/o...-immunity.html

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I doubt the difference between Moderna and Pfizer is statistically significant.]
    I tend to agree, the big thing is did you get vaxed or not???
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

GOLD:
    https://twitter.com/uu4ve/status/145...886523915?s=21

“Trust us, we’re penis doctors “….

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Perhaps the graph reflects the fact that if you're 65+ and not vaccinated you probably aren't getting a lot of other health care either. Also, if you have a terminal disease you may not bother to get vaccinated. Or if you're unvaccinated in a nursing home you're in a shitty nursing home. I doubt the vaccine is protective--vaccination status is a marker for other things.
    I doubt the difference between Moderna and Pfizer is statistically significant. Doesn't look like it https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7043e2.htm

Article from a Swedish Covid researcher advocating one dose for people who have had covid already (although not for the US because you cant make things complicated for the Americans).
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/28/o...-immunity.html
    True. Good points.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Yesterday I got the Moderna booster on top of 2 pfizers. Arm is a little sore at the point of injection otherwise no issues.
    I ended up taking a couple Aleeve and going to sleep early last night. Feel good this morning.

There is no sense of relief as after the 2nd jab since we know now we are prob be going to take cv boosters for years to come. It's just a must do item necessary because of the others failures to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Wife had a swollen arm pit after the Moderna boost. I guess that's a thing that's relatively common. Looked uncomfy. I had zero side effects other than a mildly sore arm.
    Yeah, I had the same with my Pfizer booster. Did not have that issue with first two shots. Assume it's just a lymph node reaction.

For Boulderites looking to sign their 5-11 year old child up:

https://www.comassvax.org/registrati...linic_id=11000

Quote Originally Posted by PowderPig View Post
    For Boulderites looking to sign their 5-11 year old child up:

https://www.comassvax.org/registrati...linic_id=11000
    Thanks, I tried through that, it was glitchy AF and kept giving me error messages until all appointments were gone.

But please keep posting more places if they come on your radar! And how do I find out about this shit (ie, how did you find out about it?)?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Children driving UK's covid surge
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-surge.html

Thanks, I tried through that, it was glitchy AF and kept giving me error messages until all appointments were gone.

But please keep posting more places if they come on your radar! And how do I find out about this shit (ie, how did you find out about it?)?
    Someone at the school drop off knew about it.
    If you’re willing to go to Denver, there’s this one (from “find another location”): https://www.comassvax.org/appointmen...linic%2Fsearch

Someone at the school drop off knew about it.
    If you’re willing to go to Denver, there’s this one (from “find another location”): https://www.comassvax.org/appointmen...linic%2Fsearch
    Thanks! Yeah, I started playing around and found one in Lafayette a week later. But that sign up system was glitchy AF, you'd think that they would know how this works by now. I signed her up but the system wouldn't let me sign her up as a 10 year old, even though I got to pick the 5-11 vaccine. So I had to lie to the system and say she was 12, wtf? And the system wouldn't seem to let me just sign her up, I had to sign myself up too? Or at least that is what it looked like to me, it's not like they had a lick of instructions on there.

Thanks! Yeah, I started playing around and found one in Lafayette a week later. But that sign up system was glitchy AF, you'd think that they would know how this works by now. I signed her up but the system wouldn't let me sign her up as a 10 year old, even though I got to pick the 5-11 vaccine. So I had to lie to the system and say she was 12, wtf? And the system wouldn't seem to let me just sign her up, I had to sign myself up too? Or at least that is what it looked like to me, it's not like they had a lick of instructions on there.
    Huh - weird! I didn’t have the same problem signing up my 7 year old. I was fine just signing her up. Hopefully they offer the “orange cap” version! Their system definitely could definitely use some polishing… I just saw another clinic in Boulder on the 14, fwiw. https://www.comassvax.org/appointmen...linic%2Fsearch

If you take that apt scheduled for 12yr old it may be the full adult dose so be sure to verify the dosage.

12 and over is full does, 5-11 is the 1/3rd dose.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I imagine that there will be lots of places to sign up at, as soon as CDC signs off on it.

This USA Today article shows the pros and cons of the 5-11 vaccine https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ow/8554544002/
    I’m still on the fence. But holy shit is it contiguous. My extended family and mine are going through it. Started with 3 of 15 positive. Now 11 of 15 positive. My 7 year old has a stuffy nose wanting on her result. But the little kids And the the teenagers are clearing it fast, the adults are getting whacked. Crazy shit

Huh - weird! I didn’t have the same problem signing up my 7 year old. I was fine just signing her up. Hopefully they offer the “orange cap” version! Their system definitely could definitely use some polishing… I just saw another clinic in Boulder on the 14, fwiw. https://www.comassvax.org/appointmen...linic%2Fsearch
    I signed her up for that that, Thanks! I figured out part of the problem. I still don't know why the first try glitched so hard, but the second gave me trouble because I put my name in there. It didn't say "patient name" like things usually do when that's what they're asking for and used the "add dependent" feature. The 3rd time around, I used just her name and it seemed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    This USA Today article shows the pros and cons of the 5-11 vaccine https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ow/8554544002/
    I’m still on the fence. But holy shit is it contiguous. My extended family and mine are going through it. Started with 3 of 15 positive. Now 11 of 15 positive. My 7 year old has a stuffy nose wanting on her result. But the little kids And the the teenagers are clearing it fast, the adults are getting whacked. Crazy shit
    Good luck with the family!

I wish that article presented the summary-level data presented to/by the fda advisory panel about covid risk rather than provide some of the data and provide some quishy terms rather than the available data. For instance, the panel stated that 7-8% of known infected developed long-covid while the article only stated “substantially lower rates than in adults.” That’s over 140,000 kids. Also omitted that 30% of the >8300 kids (~2,500 kids) that were hospitalized had no underlying condition.

Also, I haven’t seen data related to re-infection for this age group. Is that not available? I thought that the UK had data. And I haven’t noticed details about the quality of data for kids. I thought that a lot of the data was supposedly pretty poor quality.

I signed her up for that that, Thanks! I figured out part of the problem. I still don't know why the first try glitched so hard, but the second gave me trouble because I put my name in there. It didn't say "patient name" like things usually do when that's what they're asking for and used the "add dependent" feature. The 3rd time around, I used just her name and it seemed to work.
    Cool!
    I was wondering whether to put my name or hers as well… A simple thing, like showing “Patient’s name” instead of name would make it way more clear!

Got boosted at Costco. I was shopping and stopped by the pharmacy to ask about eligibility, etc. She encouraged me to get a booster and gave me a choice of flavors. I was open about my lack of eligibility, vocally and in writing, and she couldn’t have cared less.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

And then I found one in Lakewood for the 6th, so signed up for that instead. I'm willing to drive a little to get in a week sooner, especially because we're traveling on the 20th, so having two weeks of vaccine in her instead of one is more betterer.

I should know this but don't: is the pfizer for 5-11 kids still a two dose regimen (separated by 3 weeks)?