Page 620 of 929 FirstFirst ... 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 ... LastLast
Results 15,476 to 15,500 of 23206
    This chart from that KFF study seems to support what Zeynep Tufekci concluded.

Name:  Screenshot (102).png
Views: 403
Size:  79.5 KB

Also, Zeynep Tufekci is a highly respected science writer. She has regular pieces in both the NYTimes and the Atlantic, as well as columns in Wired and Scientific American.

She authored what I thought was the most interesting article of the entire pandemic:

This Overlooked Variable Is the Key to the Pandemic; It’s not R.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ndemic/616548/

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    This chart from that KFF study seems to support what Zeynep Tufekci concluded.

Name:  Screenshot (102).png
Views: 403
Size:  79.5 KB

Also, Zeynep Tufekci is a highly respected science writer. She has regular pieces in both the NYTimes and the Atlantic, as well as columns in Wired and Scientific American.

She authored what I thought was the most interesting article of the entire pandemic:

This Overlooked Variable Is the Key to the Pandemic; It’s not R.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ndemic/616548/
    It's a mix of people genuinely afraid or uncertain about long term adverse effects and a much bigger segment of people who refuse to do anything that folks who kicked Trump out of office are asking for any reason..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It's a mix of people genuinely afraid or uncertain about long term adverse effects and a much bigger segment of people who refuse to do anything that folks who kicked Trump out of office are asking for any reason..
    Do you have some evidence to support your feeling that the unvaccinated are mostly rabid Trumpists or is that your impression because that's who get the attention of the media?

The problem with the KFF poll is that a lot of the variables are interrelated--race, income, education, political party, urban vs rural, health insurance, etc. Sorting out which factor is most important would require a multivariate analysis which the KFF article doesn't do, nor should it--since these factors will always be interrelated in complicated ways. To me it seems that a lot of these factors are markers for people who are outside the mainstream of society--alienated if you will. People who invaded the capital on Jan 6 and people who might attend a BLM rally and loot or set fires are profoundly different in so many ways but they are similarly alienated, and similarly unvaccinated.

There is no one strategy that will get all these people to be voluntarily vaccinated, but the strategy that seems to be working best is to make it not voluntary.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Do you have some evidence to support your feeling that the unvaccinated are mostly rabid Trumpists or is that your impression because that's who get the attention of the media?

The problem with the KFF poll is that a lot of the variables are interrelated--race, income, education, political party, urban vs rural, health insurance, etc. Sorting out which factor is most important would require a multivariate analysis which the KFF article doesn't do, nor should it--since these factors will always be interrelated in complicated ways. To me it seems that a lot of these factors are markers for people who are outside the mainstream of society--alienated if you will. People who invaded the capital on Jan 6 and people who might attend a BLM rally and loot or set fires are profoundly different in so many ways but they are similarly alienated, and similarly unvaccinated.

And it's outright frightening to overhear local law enforcement officers chatting about "stop The Steal".. same goes for enlisted military folks.. Yep, I'm afraid we're closer to legit civil war than I care to seriously think about.. YVMV..

There is no one strategy that will get all these people to be voluntarily vaccinated, but the strategy that seems to be working best is to make it not voluntary.
    Informal poll of bumper stickers and yard signs.. It's the same as .. Sure, not every Trump voter is a white supremacist.. (some are just in it for the tax breaks).. But rest assured 99% of all white supremacists are Trump voters.. I live in blue patch surrounded by Trump country. My son goes to college 1200 miles away in another blue patch surrounded by Trump country. It's pretty reliable. Ask anyone who knows or has to coexist with a large number of those folks..

And it's outright frightening to overhear local law enforcement officers chatting about "stop the steal" conspiracy theories.. same goes for enlisted military folks.. I know folks who are bat shit crazy and still actively employed/enlisted in those fields. I fear we are closer to legit civil war than I like to think about.. I try to pretend it's not as bad as my observations and feedback circles suggest..

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Wife hasn’t had a fever since Monday. Lingering symptoms up until yesterday. She feels good today. PCR at Walgreens test is still positive though. When’s it safe for her to hold our baby? She’s wary of still being able to pass it on to the little one and me.
    Ten days from onset of symptoms a person is considered not contagious to others per CDC guidelines.

Ask me how I know…

Ah fuck why don’t I just tell you:

Wife got hit by Covid like by a proverbial bus. Never seen her that sick. Luckily, she is fully vaccinated since February-March and is improving well. It is day ten now. Me and the kid are fine. I’m vaccinated. He is six so he is not. He can’t be in school for another week because he was continuously exposed to someone positive.

Good thing about being vaccinated: I am free to go anywhere as long as I am not showing any symptoms. So as soon as vaccine is available for a six year old, he is getting it. We have plenty to deal with about his intellectual and physical disabilities. Reducing Covid related interruptions and worries would be a welcome relief.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Bingo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Washington State University football coach, Nick Rolovich, was fired for refusing to get vaccinated. He was the highest paid public employee in the state ($3.2 million a year). 90 percent of WSU employees and 97 percent of the students are now vaccinated.

Washington State University football coach, Nick Rolovich, was fired for refusing to get vaccinated. He was the highest paid public employee in the state ($3.2 million a year). 90 percent of WSU employees and 97 percent of the students are now vaccinated.
    Looks like he's not the highest paid public employee anymore. Good for you WSU.

Some lawyer's going to get some work.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Coug'd it. Four other assistant coaches joined him on the stupid-train. $3.2 million/year. Gone. Hope his family is okay with his decision.

Sounds like nearly 10% of employees are currently in the separation process. Good riddance to any nutsack who didn’t take the administration seriously. No unemployment benefits or contract buyout when you get fired for cause eh?

10% of WSU employees being unvaccainated doesn't mean 10% were fired today (the deadline for the state employee mandate). Some of those 10% have received one shot and per labor negotiations, are allowed the time to get the second shot. Some of the 10% were given accommodations (moved to a position where they don't have to interact with public). And some will be fired.

In Seattle, the earlier claims of mass exodus in the Seattle Police Department did not pan out. As of today, 99% of City of Seattle employees have complied with the mandate (either are vaccinated or were granted accommodations). 11,000 employees have complied, leaving 150 workers who haven't requested an exemption or submitted proof of vaccination. Twenty-four of those 150 people work at the Seattle Police Department.

More from Seattle times:

Given the novelty of the vaccine mandates, the intricacies of employment law and the state’s broad discretion in deciding eligibility, workers filing mandate-related unemployment claims have little certainty around the outcome, legal experts say.

Unemployment benefits are typically approved more readily for workers who have been laid off than for those who quit voluntarily or were fired for cause.

But federal and state law also envision some scenarios where benefits might still be paid to workers who quit or are fired, legal experts say. Under both state and federal vaccine mandates, for example, employers must try to accommodate workers who request exemptions for religious or health reasons or who object to the vaccine on moral grounds.

In cases where employees requested an exemption but employers were unable to grant it, resulting in a separation, the employee may still be eligible for benefits.

FDA will allow the booster to be different than the original shot(s).
    Seems especially useful for people who got J and J, and especially younger women.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...mix-and-match/

I had a beer with ski bud who deals in constrcution and jnows them all, he sez you can't get a hold of the dutch carpenters cuz they are all sick, so what they do is send one sick dutchman from an extended family/ work/ church group to get the covid test cuz they don't wana drive stats

The godheads are actively keeping a lid on reporting at schools/ churches/ work place and so covid level are likley MUCH worse than reported in this THE Covid hot spot of BC
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I had a beer with ski bud who deals in constrcution and jnows them all, he sez you can't get a hold of the dutch carpenters cuz they are all sick, so what they do is send one sick dutchman from an extended family/ work/ church group to get the covid test cuz they don't wana drive stats

The godheads are actively keeping a lid on reporting at schools/ churches/ work place and so covid level are likley MUCH worse than reported in this THE Covid hot spot of BC
    My kid's college is no masks or vaccines required anywhere now, everything wide open. And yep, they aren't testing anyone except the clearly hospital level sick kids and have minimal contact tracing because FREEDUMB! State government banned mandates mask and vaccine.. Following Trump's playbook No testing= no COVID case

Last year pre state government FY to federal recommendations they started on campus with masks required everywhere indoors and out and negative tests required to move in or return to campus after leaving town. Then after about 6 weeks they went to all remote learning, kids in the dorms or at home because it was impossible to keep track of who was + and who was -.

I'm good with him taking his chances there masked and fully vaxed. We did get him a single room in the dorms though..

10% of WSU employees being unvaccainated doesn't mean 10% were fired today (the deadline for the state employee mandate). Some of those 10% have received one shot and per labor negotiations, are allowed the time to get the second shot. Some of the 10% were given accommodations (moved to a position where they don't have to interact with public). And some will be fired.

In Seattle, the earlier claims of mass exodus in the Seattle Police Department did not pan out. As of today, 99% of City of Seattle employees have complied with the mandate (either are vaccinated or were granted accommodations). 11,000 employees have complied, leaving 150 workers who haven't requested an exemption or submitted proof of vaccination. Twenty-four of those 150 people work at the Seattle Police Department.

More from Seattle times:

Given the novelty of the vaccine mandates, the intricacies of employment law and the state’s broad discretion in deciding eligibility, workers filing mandate-related unemployment claims have little certainty around the outcome, legal experts say.

Unemployment benefits are typically approved more readily for workers who have been laid off than for those who quit voluntarily or were fired for cause.

But federal and state law also envision some scenarios where benefits might still be paid to workers who quit or are fired, legal experts say. Under both state and federal vaccine mandates, for example, employers must try to accommodate workers who request exemptions for religious or health reasons or who object to the vaccine on moral grounds.

In cases where employees requested an exemption but employers were unable to grant it, resulting in a separation, the employee may still be eligible for benefits.
    127 employees of Washington State Police leave the job rather than get vaxxed……
    https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/127...KADVQCOQ6PONQ/
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Washington State Patrol's overall vaccination numbers are above 93% though, not that bad particularly compared to say, Chicago Police, where one third are refusing. That 127 number above includes 53 office workers, so not all troopers.

My friend who is a video coordinator (considered a "coach") for a Pac 12 team points out that the entire coaching staff at WSU will likely loose their job at the end of the season due to the head coach's choice (the new coach, once hired, will bring in their own staff). He says WSU's current video coordinator quit their job with Hawaii to join Rolovich at WSU. Now that guy is screwed because doubt Rolovish gets a new gig anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    127 employees of Washington State Police leave the job rather than get vaxxed……
    https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/127...KADVQCOQ6PONQ/
    Name:  grumpycat2.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  34.5 KB

^^^^^^Yep. One of our city councilors just drafted a bill that would require all police and fire to be vaccinated…..The Local IAFF President (who is a friend of mine) was in the paper this morning threatening mass resignations……I just don’t fucking get it.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

RIP Grumpy Cat

Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Grumpy Cat sure brought a lot of vindictive joy.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

COVID vaccines for kids 5-11 up for preorder Wednesday ahead of FDA review
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...of-fda-review/

Good to see someone is thinking ahead
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Got the flu shot. No symptoms. Nice to have a normal shot instead of the punch in the arm also known as Moderna SpikeVax.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Good to see someone is thinking ahead
    Snork.