Page 554 of 929 FirstFirst ... 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 ... LastLast
Results 13,826 to 13,850 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    I have over 20 completed gear trades (yeah whatever it’s not a lot) but I can guarantee that every trade I’ve made - nobody would say a bad thing about me.
    By all means, I take my epidemiology advice from anyone who managed to sell used ski gear without ripping people off. Them some qualifications! Tell us more about complex topics you haven't the faintest idea about.

”omg this guy was wrong weeks ago about a shingles vaccine that doesn’t pertain to him because he’s nowhere near the acceptable age to get the vaccine”

yeah you guys realllllly got me. I got “dunked on”? Whatever that means.

My points still stand. The hive mind of the idiots on this site determine what’s acceptable and what’s not. The funny thing is that you can’t see when you’re wrong or biased but find it perfectly acceptable to go full nazi on the population with mandates because there are differing opinions on a new disease that literally nobody knows the long term side effects of. Covid could have a 2 year lifespan and at the end of it, anyone who was infected would just die instantly due to the virus. Nobody fucking knows. It hasn’t even been around for two years and you guys are willfully lining up to be experiments of this new vaccine.

im good with my antibodies from the virus - I don’t need to subject my body to a new medical intervention that hasn’t been around for two years when my antibodies are just as good as yours. The only difference is I’m not trying to control everyone that doesn’t think the same way as me…
    The first positive tests using mRNA were in 1990. The technology has been in development ever since then. It’s not new science.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    To be clear you haven't so much offered "alternative" ideas as you have muddled the science and misrepresented your own sources. You have yet to bring anything new to the discussion.

As for misinformation, you argued because "Delta viral loads are very similar between vaxxed and unvaxxed" vaccinated people spread the virus at the same rate as the unvaccinated. You then clung to viral loads alone saying "There is zero definitive evidence saying vaxed carry and transmit less viral load with Delta" while ignoring all the other factors for pages and pages insulting everyone and anyone along way.

When people pointed out your own CDC source said vaccinated people were less likely to be infected and therefore less likely to spread the virus you'd respond with, "got it....CDC publishing "misinformation" Thanks Doc." Yet when it was explained in terms of Zeno's paradox you conceded the point saying "Thank you. Exactly what I was seeing and in easy to understand terms."

So why are continuing to argue about viral loads when you now know and agree there's more to it?

You constantly attack and insult people, hardly a day goes by without you calling someone a "dipshit" or an "idiot" etc. Not just in this thread but in lots of other threads too.
    so you know how a prior covid infected passes the virus over a vaccinated? WOW..i havent seen anything like that...even the CDC says they need more data and they really dont know..

Like Montucky said.....in another year youll be claiming the "science evolved" "we learned more"....ignoring that some actual scientists were saying that from the start..you just chose not to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The first positive tests using mRNA were in 1990. The technology has been in development ever since then. It’s not new science.
    Not to mention there are alternatives to the mRNA vaccines. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine uses a more traditional technology.

Mtu you called people in here “total fucking retards” for getting something right you got 100% wrong. Doesn’t even matter what the topic was. You should reflect on what other topics you might be 100% wrong on but 100% confident you are getting right. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    so you know how a prior covid infected passes the virus over a vaccinated? WOW..i havent seen anything like that...even the CDC says they need more data and they really dont know..
    This is another example illustrating how disingenuous and dishonest you are. The previous discussion had nothing whatsoever to do with viral loads between the vax'd and the previously infected.

As you well know your interminable argument at the time, which went on for days, was the unvaccinated (with no mention of previous infection) transmit at the same rate as the vaccinated. Now, like your false claims about bringing new ideas to the table, you're attempting to reframe the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Mtu you called people in here “total fucking retards” for getting something right you got 100% wrong. Doesn’t even matter what the topic was. You should reflect on what other topics you might be 100% wrong on but 100% confident you are getting right. Just my opinion though.
    Sure, there's that but have you considered that he once sold someone some Dynafits with a 100% successful paypal transaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Sure, there's that but have you considered that he once sold someone some Dynafits with a 100% successful paypal transaction?
    It's a good point. So I guess vaccines don't work and we should all run out to get COVID asap.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

yeah i mean boosters sure arent new...dont kids get 2 of MMR spaced? I can't remember the schedule.

I had not heard your stance on boosters, or missed it, and I appreciate it....
    Prime + Boost is common with many. MMR is 2 doses. Varicella is 2 doses. Many more...

Many are 3 dose series like Hib, Polio, HPV, and Hep B.

You get your DTaP 5 times between 2mo and 6 years and then a Tdap at age 12 and every 10 years thereafter.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Why are you pushing vaccines on people intead of just letting them decide, if I get polio and genital warts at the same time, and I survive, I'll have super antibodies! And the occasional bump on my nuts, but that's muh choice! And if I spread my nut bumps to others (without knowing), well, they should have made the choice to protect themselves. Why do you hate freedom? Nut bumps aren't even real! Do you even ski??

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Why are you pushing vaccines on people intead of just letting them decide, if I get polio and genital warts at the same time, and I survive, I'll have super antibodies! And the occasional bump on my nuts, but that's muh choice! And if I spread my nut bumps to others (without knowing), well, they should have made the choice to protect themselves. Why do you hate freedom? Nut bumps aren't even real! Do you even ski??
    You slept with Nicki Manaj's cousin's friend didn't you!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

/endthread? 

In all seriousness, there has been a lot of good info in this thread, and it's pretty clear who is knowledgeable about the topic and who is not. It also is depressing knowing that the little dynamic between shingles, "prove me wrong" dog, and a couple other boneheads vs the knowledgeable posters is playing out nationwide with similar results.
    I don't necessarily support a mandate, but if no mandate is going to be the case, then I would like to see vaccine passports implemented and required to participate in things like sports, concerts, entry to workplaces, airpñanes, buses, etc. Basically public places where disease spreaders would spread disease. Don't want to get the shot, fine, stay home. When we cross a certain threshold of vaccinated people, say 97% or something agreed upon by scientists to be high enough to functionally shut down the pandemic, we can retire the passport.
    now is this 97% against the delta? Or the new variant that’s going to come next year? Or the year after? Just wondering when the people who have antibodies through infection are going to be allowed back into society o wise one..

blah blah blah..
    Shingles... Thickest skull in tgr? High in the running at any rate, which puts him high in the running worldwide.

Shingles... Thickest skull in tgr? High in the running at any rate, which puts him high in the running worldwide.
    Stop fucking quoting them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Stop fucking quoting them!
    If you're going to bitch about people quoting Sam Elliott we're going to have words.

now is this 97% against the delta? Or the new variant that’s going to come next year? Or the year after? Just wondering when the people who have antibodies through infection are going to be allowed back into society o wise one..
    Why not deal with the problem at hand with the tools available while scientists look at developing more tools.

Less people with the virus equal less opportunities for mutations. Lower viral loads also mean less opportunities for mutations.

So we get shots, wear masks and limit large gathering.

Scientists work. Shit gets better.

Ohh wait. Nope. Too many of us are stupid and selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    Unless your name is London Breed that is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

don’t really need to watch something - the long term answer is: we don’t know! Isn’t that your answer to everything? Science will change in a year and this video will be wrong and you guys will just say “follow the science!” And “we’re allowed to change our minds!”

it’s okay though, I’ll still wait on legitimate answers to SkiDogs questioning on - what’s a viral load and does the same load effect everyone equally? Because your argument is everyone needs a vaccine to be protected but everyone knows that depends on viral load.

I’ll wait for a year with my viral antibodies before getting a vaccine. You guys, by that time, will probably have had 4 or 5 doses of this life saving vaccine by that time. And the best part is; the possibility of our antiviral loads in our bodies could be exactly the same during that time! Because nobody fucking knows. The holier than thou attitude of the jackasses on this thread with the hive mind is laughable at best.

but keep being deathly afraid of a virus that in less than a years time has been shown to be more like the flu than Ebola 😂
    The answer is we know a lot of things, and we're learning more things, and many of these things won't change.

If someone doesn't understand science, that can't be fixed in a post.

Viral load (this is not my field). The idea is you might be exposed to 1 virion, or 10,000. Each can infect a cell. The virus re-engineers the infected cell to produce lots more virions. These virions are released to infect more cells. This is an exponential growth process. Meantime, your immune system ramps up its defense. So the viral load idea is that if the initial infection is only a few virions, 10 hours might pass before they produce 10,000. Effectively this immune system has a 10 hour head start on the one with the 10,000 virion initial infection.

Everyone and every immune system and every infection is different. Science is messy, but there are many well understood common elements among this vast array of differences.

There is no "you guys." Each of maggot has their own backgrounds and interpretations based on the evidence they've seen, including you and me.

I think you generally want a simple answer to what appears a simple question. All the related fields are complex and so are the proper answers. The simple answer is follow CDC's advice. If you want to reasonably MMQB, look to other nations' CDC equivalents. I personally like NZ, CN, TW, though mine seems a minority opinion.

In the flu/Ebola competition, Covid has run up the score on both of them.

There's may ways to load a HSQ. On a powder day, society prefers you line up with 3 other people, wait your turn, move up to the line, then sit facing forwards. We don't like snowflakes in the lift line. Get your shots.

I don't know if this does all the breakdowns you want and I never used but think I've heard it mentioned in this thread.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    negative, they only give total cases.

does anyone know where to see cases / deaths january to present?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    Why not deal with the problem at hand with the tools available while scientists look at developing more tools.

Less people with the virus equal less opportunities for mutations. Lower viral loads also mean less opportunities for mutations.

Scientists work. Shit gets better.

Ohh wait. Nope. Too many of us are stupid and selfish.
    Here, Salve uses viral load meaning how much virus is present in the population. Don't get too hung up on strict definitions, or you'll look silly, like the CDC on the whole aerosol/mask issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post

Viral load (this is not my field). The idea is you might be exposed to 1 virion, or 10,000. Each can infect a cell. The virus re-engineers the infected cell to produce lots more virions. These virions are released to infect more cells. This is an exponential growth process. Meantime, your immune system ramps up its defense. So the viral load idea is that if the initial infection is only a few virions, 10 hours might pass before they produce 10,000. Effectively this immune system has a 10 hour head start on the one with the 10,000 virion initial infection.
    I believe you are mixing together a few definitions which I’m pretty sure have been discussed in this thread, viral load and infectious dose.

Viral load - a measurement of the amount of a virus in an organism, typically in the bloodstream, usually stated in virus particles per milliliter.

Oxford Languages

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

Look at the graphs on world meter. The graphs show how many cases and deaths

I'd like to see that too, but this is probably pretty representative of it. I wonder what's causing this trend????

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Here's the current list of the top ten states by COVID cases per 100,000 per the New York Times.
    Attachment 386423
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

maybe i just can’t see the other site options on my phone (or user error) but that looks the same - we are at 43M total cases, not just in 2021.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

One of CDC's graphs starts from Jan of this year, maybe they have exactly what you want. Or, you might need to do some math. Some of the graphics let you slide the mouse pointer along the graph, giving the totals by date. This one for example Get today's number. Subtract Dec 31st's. Wah-lah. I think this site also has US state-level data someone asked for.

If you want, many sites give links to their data, that you can import into your own analysis tool. Then you can make your specific graph.