Page 550 of 929 FirstFirst ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,750 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Re:Australia - yeah they are knocking it down (clarification for DeepAspergers - I don't mean to zero) but at what cost to their freedom! Your 65 year grandpa has been slowly committing suicide for the last 30 years by letting himself turn into a fat fuck .
    Its not his responsibility, all he did was eat was the feds told him too.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Vaccines provide durable protection against severe disease and I've argued repeatedly that I don't think boosters are necessary for most vax'd people. Vaccines really work and are the best thing that could have happened.

The tragedy of the delta wave however was low rates of vaccination when it hit. So there is a clearly define benefit to boosters even if you've been previously infected: boosters protect against infection and bring cases down. For people who want and willingly accept an additional dose boosters are the least burdensome — vs masks & distancing — intervention currently available.
    yeah i mean boosters sure arent new...dont kids get 2 of MMR spaced? I can't remember the schedule.

I had not heard your stance on boosters, or missed it, and I appreciate it....

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The level of protection from previous infection varies a lot and there’s no quantitative way to determine that. We know how effective vaccines are because of the clinical trials and now billions of doses being administered with no statistically relevant mortality and morbidity. That’s science and how preventative medicine works. Just like needing a shingles vaccine because you had chickenpox. There are people a lot smarter than you and I that study these things and I’m glad they do and I listen to their recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    no quantitative way because we abandoned tracing programs. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    are you? Is the UK study just bunk? Seems like you will only fight one side? There is no middle or other ideas. Seems pretty close minded to me.

I am only arguing devils advocate with you retards because its fucking easy..you're 1 sided. makes my down work time trolling super easy..

Why would I argue open mindedness when im vaxxed? I have zero agenda other than showing you that there are other studies that say the things you don't want to hear. Thats ok...head back in sand...it'll all go the way you want it to.
    Intentionally trolling in this thread, as you admit to here, is not ok. Moreover, numerous scientists and medical professionals in this thread have labeled your posts as dangerous misinformation, which is also not ok. TGR is open to discussion on all sorts of issues, and trolling is a time-honored tradition, but that tradition has its limits. In the face of a global pandemic with millions dead already, tread carefully.
    Beneficent Oversight Committee Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    Intentionally trolling in this thread, as you admit to here, is not ok. Moreover, numerous scientists and medical professionals in this thread have labeled your posts as dangerous misinformation, which is also not ok. TGR is open to discussion on all sorts of issues, and trolling is a time-honored tradition, but that tradition has its limits. In the face of a global pandemic with millions dead already, tread carefully.
    Shots fired…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

In other news, it’s all about the protocols, yo:

Name:  E204F9C4-0136-45AB-8D5C-D09B8E9DBC91.png
Views: 379
Size:  47.5 KB
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Q: My 90yo mother just had a breakthrough case of Covid. Anyone know if she should wait to get the booster?
    Is the concern about side effects or whether there's any need for a booster after vax + breakthrough (or both)? (Not to imply I have answers, just similar questions.)

Again..i ask that someone prove my misinformation. I believe im being lumped in.....

But hey...ban me...fuck if I care. Im "trolling" cause of the MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY BULLSHIT... Refute the "other" studies with logic and ill concede... refuting them by saying "you're an idiot" is lame. But yeah ban the guy with the "other" thoughts.. Some "community"

I wonder too...how are we qualifying they "scientists and medical professionals in this thread"? Did TGR forums start to ask for school credentials for sign up and I was grandfathered?

Oh yeah..its cause you like what they are saying....got it...

NEVER have I spread one article of "misinformation" FUCK THAT BULLSHIT.

Place really needs a reading comprehension class..holy shit.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Thanks for saving me

Have you guys figured out how to virtually hold my hand as I navigate TGR?

ive posted numerous article written by "medical professionals and scientists". How are they wrong and the TGR guys are right?

Oh the Hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Is the concern about side effects or whether there's any need for a booster after vax + breakthrough (or both)? (Not to imply I have answers, just similar questions.)
    Some things to consider:

• Vaccines train the immune system to fight a pathogen. Our immune system, not the vaccine, fights the virus.
    • Antibodies peak after an infection and then slowly decay.
    • After infection or vaccination memory B cells increase over at least six months, improve functionally, and provide cross-variant protection.
    • There does however appear to be an upper limit on the immune response. We know prior + 1 dose is better but beyond that more is not necessarily better.
    • So even though boosters increase plasma antibody levels and temporarily extend antibody protection, they have not been shown to augment the memory B and T cell responses.

It seems to me the last point, which is currently unknown, is the most important when it comes to answering the question. If a booster is mainly about antibodies then that could mean it makes sense to wait 6-8 months post infection after current antibodies wane.

I knew a few kids that had the measles when I was a kid. They still had to get vaccinated for school. No fuks were given. nbd

ive posted numerous article written by "medical professionals and scientists". How are they wrong and the TGR guys are right?

Oh the Hypocrisy
    I can find numerous medical professionals that think your “arguments” make you a fucking disingenuous dishonest troll. Vibes as you try to escape the corner you’ve painted yourself into.

Oh the Hypocrisy
    This is a good look. Lean into it.

welcome to the Facebook version of TGR folks.

This is a place where we will threaten to ban folks for providing other ideas.

You dont have to have ever said "dont get the vax its stupid govt conspiracy"

Have not posted any articles of "right wing" or "anti vax" nature

No articles from "fox news"

Actually agree multiple times that vax seems like the easiest solution, and think its in best interest to get one

Never debated that prior infection + vax wasn't better

I have only said that I can understand why some, that have been previously infected, might not want to get a vax.

Here at TGR we dont like these views and if you do not change to the ones we subscribe to, you could be banned. Thank you for your enjoyment of this great forum.

Actually agree multiple times that vax seems like the easiest solution, and think its in best interest to get one

I have only said that I can understand why some, that have been previously infected, might not want to get a vax.

Here at TGR we dont like these views and if you do not change to the ones we subscribe to, you could be banned. Thank you for your enjoyment of this great forum.
    Name:  dril corn cob.PNG
Views: 969
Size:  15.7 KB

I wonder too...how are we qualifying they "scientists and medical professionals in this thread"? Did TGR forums start to ask for school credentials for sign up and I was grandfathered?

Just because you don't know the identities of the people you're arguing with doesn't mean we don't.
    Beneficent Oversight Committee Member.

When I go out into the wilderness, I like to carry a stick so I can poke any bears I might encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Name:  dril corn cob.PNG
Views: 969
Size:  15.7 KB
    Guy admits (in a post!) to purposely trolling. Gets called on it. Then cries: "I never did that!"

Worth calling out: the bottom line is he is demanding credibility - arguably beyond those of legitimate experts - for his ideas. Come on.

Careful skidog

Don’t strain yourself as you backpedal furiously.

Just remember: this place is free. It doesn’t owe your snowflake ass anything.

Says the self admitted troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    This is a good look. Lean into it.
    do you think the threat of banning me for what I have posted is logical at all? If so, I hope one day your views do not "harm the hive" and you get banned.

Not to mention in reality its far from a threat to be banned from here...place been going down hill for years, Im just here for the laughs...ill get em on Reddit more often if banned thats all.

I have been a multi year board contributor. Have given gear and good deals away to multiple mags..have met more than a handful in person. None have had a bad word to say about me...take that for what you will.

Oh the Hypocrisy
    Self admitted troll demands serious answers now. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Says the self admitted troll.
    trolling one sided thinkers that wont give second thought to anyones ideas but their own? FUCK YES....all damned day long.

Again..i ask that someone prove my misinformation. I believe im being lumped in.....

But hey...ban me...fuck if I care. Im "trolling" cause of the MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY BULLSHIT... Refute the "other" studies with logic and ill concede... refuting them by saying "you're an idiot" is lame. But yeah ban the guy with the "other" thoughts.. Some "community"

Self admitted troll gets trolled?