Page 548 of 720 FirstFirst ... 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 ... LastLast
Results 13,676 to 13,700 of 17976
  1. #13676
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    He's guilty of propagating misinformation that is leading to people dying while trying to grasp at any alternative to getting vaccinated.

    Skiborg= an accomplice to murder.
    Truth. It's sad that these "just asking questions" people don't care that they are hurting people.

  2. #13677
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    He's guilty of propagating misinformation that is leading to people dying while trying to grasp at any alternative to getting vaccinated.

    Skiborg= an accomplice to murder.
    nope...not even close...man did you graduate grade school...you cant even read I dont believe. never spread ANY misinformation... FIND IT ILL OWN IT....

  3. #13678
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    Truth. It's sad that these "just asking questions" people don't care that they are hurting people.
    Im hurting nobody...im FULLY VAXXED...50 so no booster for me yet...and I am moderna so i guess im maybe I am killing people because I cant get a booster? Somehow they arent FDA approved at all yet...better lock myself in my house...

    just keep ignoring prior infection immunity doesnt exist at all...you all know better than those silly Dr's saying that..

  4. #13679
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Still no one addressing the actual results of the UK study..just picking and choosing pieces to argue...

    Just ignore it...it'll go away...unlike me.
    Why do you keep lying about everything? The conclusion in your article were not only discussed yesterday, they were also discussed here months ago:

    "New research has found that people who have had COVID-19 and also received both doses of the Pfizer, Moderna, or AstraZeneca vaccines had higher levels of antibodies than people who had only acquired the virus or only been vaccinated."

    Even though your article describes "new research," the results aren't new and you've yet to bring anything new to the discussion.

  5. #13680
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Why do you keep lying about everything? The conclusion in your article were not only discussed yesterday, they also were discussed months ago:

    "New research has found that people who have had COVID-19 and also received both doses of the Pfizer, Moderna, or AstraZeneca vaccines had higher levels of antibodies than people who had only acquired the virus or only been vaccinated."
    HIGHER LEVELS...that doesnt refute shit....

    What level is ACCEPTABLE...not higher? any idiot gets that if you were infected AND get the vax you have more antibodies..is prior infection ENOUGH? That is the question. There are quite a few places looking at it...Peer review takes time..just like FDA approval. Its doesnt completely discount the study findings.

    Wasn't it argued by the great MU yesterday that antibodies alone arent the only indicator? So pick and choose when you want to use "antibodies" as your argument cause you know.. "get the shot" (which i did)

  6. #13681
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    9,349
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    maybe you grossly overestimate your competence and how much people actually cared? Nah, never happen on the tgr.

    Unless of course the press criticized you for holding a coffee cup, choice of suit color, or something similar. Then, my bad, you right.
    Obviously the stakes were lower ó it was a global corporation role not a saving lives role. But yeah it was something where a screw up could affect things like stock price. BTW we all know the TRG spraying memeÖI donít think Iíve nudged near that in 17 yrs here. In this thread though I had to explain why I felt that dude fucked up & my background for making a harsh judgement.

    As a scientist of course I know the messy process by which the facts and conclusions evolve over time, and i agree itís sad that the dumbass brigade choking America donít get that, but nonetheless public speakers in the covid spotlight should be held to the same standard as any speaker in a sensitive role.

  7. #13682
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    HIGHER LEVELS...that doesnt refute shit....

    What level is ACCEPTABLE...not higher? any idiot gets that if you were infected AND get the vax you have more antibodies..is prior infection ENOUGH? That is the question. There are quite a few places looking at it...Peer review takes time..just like FDA approval. Its doesnt completely discount the study findings.

    Wasn't it argued by the great MU yesterday that antibodies alone arent the only indicator? So pick and choose when you want to use "antibodies" as your argument cause you know.. "get the shot" (which i did)
    Again, what are you talking about? That's a direct quote from your own article. Have you considered the possibility you're simply incapable of understanding any of this, that it's beyond your intellectual capacity?

  8. #13683
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,487
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    just this particular vaccine. I donít see a difference between this and the flu for a person in my current situation (had Covid, still had antibodies as of 2 months ago). Everyone can say whatever they want about it being tried and tested and true but those same people would never go out and buy a 1st year overhaul redesigned vehicle because you donít know the long term effects. Granted we donít know the long term effects of Covid either but it appears to mutate at a rate much like the seasonal flu (every year thereís a different variety that needs a new booster shot).

    if youíre old, immuno-compromised, high risk/whatever else - by all means, go and protect yourself. I donít see it as necessary for myself. However, when you start to bar those people in the same spot as me from participating in society, thatís where I start to have a problem. Iím not out running around spreading misinformation or saying itís a democrat conspiracy; I just donít think itís a necessary risk due to already having antibodies. And now, Iím not going to be allowed to have a job because I wonít get a ďlife-saving vaccineĒ that needs a booster every year? I wasnít stopped from having a job before for not having a flu vaccineÖ where does it stop?

    Iíd be willing to guess the people in the ďknowĒ on here are all 50+ and love telling the younger population how much better the good old day were when everyone just shut up and did their duty
    Itís not the flu. Itís a novel coronavirus thatís killing a couple thousand people a day and creating life long disabilities in many thousands more that survive severe infection. This now includes a lot of people your age(30 something?) with no real comorbidities. We do know the long term consequences of severe Covid infection, the pulmonary fibrosis that you develop wonít heal, the damage to your kidneys will leave you with reduced renal function and possibly require dialysis. Your kidneys wonít heal after this. We know this because of past experience with damage like this from other causes. Itís real, the science is solid.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #13684
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    6,416
    Folks, there's an ignore feature available if you can't help but responding again to the same lame, rehashed, totally debunked reservations from the same ignorant or intentionally obtuse individuals..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  10. #13685
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    that quote is, its the study that is yet to be peer reviewed. I thought you understood this stuff? I fucking know its that Drs opinion....what makes his opinion any less relavent? He studied the shit?

    As for the UK study itself I hope the peer reviews do come out as the study claims. I just don't think we can totally discount prior infection immunity. I don't know why you folks choose to ignore it completely.
    He recommends getting the vaccine in the paragraph below the quote. I understand this stuff, your attempts at obfuscation are those of a simpleton.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #13686
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    3,597
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Again, what are you talking about? That's a direct quote from your own article. Have you considered the possibility you're simply incapable of understanding any of this, that it's beyond your intellectual capacity?
    He has not.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    The world needs more Donnely and less Stainless.

  12. #13687
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,487
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    my company is already under 100, luckily, and the owner is also foreign (Australian). Weíve already been told weíre not requiring the vaccine, so I donít really have anything to worry about. You know, unless I want to go to the grocery store or local hardware shop and donít have my vaccine passport handy.
    Maybe itís time to grow up and join society, none of us are as special as you think you are.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  13. #13688
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,692
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Why do you keep lying about everything? The conclusion in your article were not only discussed yesterday, they were also discussed here months ago:

    "New research has found that people who have had COVID-19 and also received both doses of the Pfizer, Moderna, or AstraZeneca vaccines had higher levels of antibodies than people who had only acquired the virus or only been vaccinated."

    Even though your article describes "new research," the results aren't new and you've yet to bring anything new to the discussion.
    And why does it have to all be such a contest about having teh most antibodies EVAR?!!!
    Whether you got it and survived and thrived, got this brand of vaccine over another, got 20 boosters, whatever it may be. Shouldn't ANY combo or single item be better than nothing?

    I mean, hell. Now it's not good enough to just be vaccinated any longer. Now it's "You got J&J? SSSSHHHSSSSSEEEEET. You know that's not as effective as 2x Moderna + Pfizer + all teh boosters, right? Do you want grandma to die, you murderer?"

    There's just no winning. First it was division about masks or lockdowns, then it was division about vaccines, and now I'm seeing division about WHAT vaccines and boosters. There's just no end to people ripping each other apart over this stuff. Tribalism's out of control these days.

  14. #13689
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,373
    ^ What are you talking about? There's no division other than you guys repeatedly jumping to false conclusions. All of your talking points were discussed yesterday and the day before and the day before....

    People here have explained over-and-over that all of the approved vaccines provide effective protection against severe disease and death.

  15. #13690
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I stated that right when I posted. I was clear. It doesnt mean it should be totally ignored. This isn't the only study saying these same things.

    As I said, I hope the peer review sees the same things those that conducted the study saw.. Until then, without doubt, its not 100%.

    But that NBC poll yesterday on vax rates? FACT... LOL.... least mines an actual medial study.
    Again, the article you linked and the guy you quoted were talking about immunity after infection and also protecting yourself more by getting the vaccine. Iím not ignoring his opinion, I think itís solid.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  16. #13691
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    HIGHER LEVELS...that doesnt refute shit....

    What level is ACCEPTABLE...not higher? any idiot gets that if you were infected AND get the vax you have more antibodies..is prior infection ENOUGH? That is the question. There are quite a few places looking at it...Peer review takes time..just like FDA approval. Its doesnt completely discount the study findings.

    Wasn't it argued by the great MU yesterday that antibodies alone arent the only indicator? So pick and choose when you want to use "antibodies" as your argument cause you know.. "get the shot" (which i did)
    Thanks for recognizing my stature, although Iím not sure anyone will agree when it comes from you.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  17. #13692
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Again, what are you talking about? That's a direct quote from your own article. Have you considered the possibility you're simply incapable of understanding any of this, that it's beyond your intellectual capacity?
    nowhere does it say how effective prior infection immunity doesnt work. It says that prior infection + works "better". I never refuted that...

    How EFFECTIVE that infection immunity is my question...is it "good enough"? We know more is better, but that does NOT mean prior infection might not be "enough"? why is this so hard to follow? Oh yeah #borg

  18. #13693
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    He recommends getting the vaccine in the paragraph below the quote. I understand this stuff, your attempts at obfuscation are those of a simpleton.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    RECCOMENDS...... does this mean EVERY persons infection immunity is EXACTLY the same? I mean im pretty sure the vax effects everyone differently. There is no "set" time that your antibodies remain with EITHER solution....least that we know yet...in fact ive seen reports that say its pretty close.

    If I were infected prior I would personally still get the vaccine. This DOES NOT mean I think everyone should do the same as me.

  19. #13694
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,586
    Hey... at least Skidummy is trying.


  20. #13695
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Again, the article you linked and the guy you quoted were talking about immunity after infection and also protecting yourself more by getting the vaccine. I’m not ignoring his opinion, I think it’s solid.
    +1. The article's thesis is stated in the title: If You’ve Recovered From COVID-19, You May Be Well Protected — Vaccines Can Add a Boost

    It's anybody's guess what MontuckyFried and Skidog are so worked up about, people here have been saying the same thing since last year.

  21. #13696
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,487
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    ^ What are you talking about? There's no division other than you guys repeatedly jumping to false conclusions. All of your talking points were discussed yesterday and the day before and the day before....

    People here have explained over-and-over that all of the approved vaccines provide effective protection against severe disease and death.
    AndÖ thereís no way of knowing what level of protection you get from prior infection because it varies so much unlike a known like the vaccines that are incredibly safe.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #13697
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    26,849
    Whether someone is vaccinated or not is totally irrelevant to whether they're spreading bullshit and misinformation or not. Citation: all the yahoos on FoxNews, who are vaxxed, but whose audience eats up all the conspiracy anti-vax shit. So if you're being accused of spreading misinformation, responding with "I'm fully vaxxed" is not a defense to the charge.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  23. #13698
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    ^ What are you talking about? There's no division other than you guys repeatedly jumping to false conclusions. All of your talking points were discussed yesterday and the day before and the day before....

    People here have explained over-and-over that all of the approved vaccines provide effective protection against severe disease and death.
    and ignored...because YOU concluded they werent worthy or your interest. You have only one mindset and this is EVERYONE NEEDS A VAX...sorry...thats not the real world case... I know you WANT it to be...but then there is reality.

  24. #13699
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Whether someone is vaccinated or not is totally irrelevant to whether they're spreading bullshit and misinformation or not. Citation: all the yahoos on FoxNews, who are vaxxed, but whose audience eats up all the conspiracy anti-vax shit. So if you're being accused of spreading misinformation, responding with "I'm fully vaxxed" is not a defense to the charge.
    show me where i posted "misinformation" SPECIFICALLY...

    NEVER have I used ANY "right wing" angle to my arguments..in fact the opposite. Im pointing out the fact that the majority here only see ONE SIDE... Its like the Mandalorian "This is the way".

  25. #13700
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    3,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Whether someone is vaccinated or not is totally irrelevant to whether they're spreading bullshit and misinformation or not. Citation: all the yahoos on FoxNews, who are vaxxed, but whose audience eats up all the conspiracy anti-vax shit. So if you're being accused of spreading misinformation, responding with "I'm fully vaxxed" is not a defense to the charge.
    Not to mention Fox requires a valid C-19 vaccine passport to enter their studio. Maybe that's what MTU meant when he said "hardware store"?
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    The world needs more Donnely and less Stainless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •