Page 545 of 929 FirstFirst ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 ... LastLast
Results 13,601 to 13,625 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Or stop legitimating trolls by calling it "bad faith." They're the enemy. Frorider's comment is akin to saying don't stick your head up out of the foxhole when you hear bullets whizzing by.
    Yeah, I totally legitimate an argument by calling it bad faith.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Yeah, I totally legitimate an argument by calling it bad faith.
    So you detected the sarcasm, is what you're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    No one is saying that. You typing that out just proves you are here to troll while sucking your own dick. Own it.

Attachment 386417

Is that why we went from flatten the curve, to flatten it further to lets. beat covid.....we aren't at zero yet?

Lets ask Australia how that went.

Man punches nurse in the face multiple times after his wife is vaccinated for Covid

(CNN)Police are looking for a man in Canada they say punched a nurse in the face multiple times, knocking her to the ground after she administered a Covid-19 vaccine to his wife without his permission.

On Monday, around 9:15 a.m., a man walked into a Brunet Pharmacy in Sherbrooke, a city in southern Quebec, and accused a nurse in her 40s, who police have not named, of vaccinating his wife, Sherbrooke Police spokesman Martin Carrier told CNN.

"Right at the beginning, the suspect was very angry, very aggressive, he asked the nurse why she vaccinated his wife without approval, without his consent," Carrier said. "And he punched her right in the face multiple times so the nurse didn't have the time to defend or explain herself ... and she fell to the ground and the suspect left running out of the drugstore."

There are no laws in Canada that say individuals need their spouses' permission to get vaccinated, and it is unclear if his wife had given consent.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    yes, this is absolutely the only cause of distrust in the vaccine - political means. Holy fuck; we’ve solved the crisis.

the fact you guys post articles like this is laughable.

“we don’t have a legitimate argument against natural immunity so let’s just blame it on trump and the Republicans!”
    OK, humor me, what is the underlying cause of your mistrust in this particular vaccine? Do you have that view on all vaccines or just this particular line?

And I hate to break it to you but, natural immunity is only effective if you do not die or are not seriously harmed by this disease. Sure the % of those who die or are harmed is low but you think it is worth the risk?

BTW what degrees do you hold in virology or immunology? Or are you basing your beliefs on your stellar hockey skills?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

94 y/o Mom going in for Phizer BOOSTER shot later this Morning.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    OK, humor me, what is the underlying cause of your mistrust in this particular vaccine? Do you have that view on all vaccines or just this particular line?

And I hate to break it to you but, natural immunity is only effective if you do not die or are not seriously harmed by this disease. Sure the % of those who die or are harmed is low but you think it is worth the risk?

BTW what degrees do you hold in virology or immunology? Or are you basing your beliefs on your stellar hockey skills?
    you mean like this smart guy?

“When you’re infected, you develop big-time immunity toward one variant,” says Dr. Robert G. Lahita, the director of the Institute for Autoimmune and Rheumatic Disease at Saint Joseph Health and author of “Immunity Strong.”

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...well-protected

Non peer reviewed at the moment.

An election audit prompted by the Republican-controlled Arizona state Senate appears to confirm President Biden won Maricopa County, Ariz., in the 2020 presidential election, several news outlets reported.

An official report by Cyber Ninjas, the contractor who was hired for the audit, is slated to be given to the state Senate at 1 p.m. on Friday, though several news outlets obtained versions of the draft.

The Arizona Republic reported that versions of the draft it obtained showed that the hand count by Cyber Ninjas actually shows former President Trump losing the largest Arizona county by a slightly wider margin than the certified count.
    This is the kind of self-own we’ve seen the idiot brigade display in this thread. Coincidence?

Putting the science aside the idea that if we just allow a antibody test as a stand in for vaccine that will solve our problems doesn’t make sense.

That would mean that we would be encouraging a certain segment of the population who are under a vaccine mandate and have not had COVID to intentionally get and spread COVID so they could keep their jobs which is counter to the purpose of the vaccine mandates which is to prevent illness and follow on hospitalizations and death.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Walensky overruled the CDC advisory panel and went with the FDA recommendation, adding booster (Pfizer) for people whose jobs have high exposure risk.

On PBS the UCSF doc they interviewed mentioned that some on the advisory panel didn't like boosters because they thought it would discourage the unvaccinated from getting shots. Haven't we been down this road before? Go with the science--whatever that is at the moment and that's not all that clear--and let the chips fall where they may. The unvaxed are not children who have to be lied to and tricked into getting shots. Their mothers don't feed them by pretending the food is a train going into a tunnel. (Actually children don't need to be fed this way either. Let the little fuckers eat or not. They won't starve, at least not until they're teenagers.)

Meanwhile, over at the WaPo some dipshit commenting on an article about Havana syndrome blames it on vaccines. (Not worth linking or quoting.)
    I brought this up yesterday. Trying to get the vax hesitant on board while concurrently announcing that boosters need to be administered every 6 months is bad optics, and will likely sway 0% of the vaccine hesitant.

"Go with the science." you say in the next sentence. Science has determined we need a booster, and likely more until eternity.

Meanwhile, Why are our federal health agencies then NOT recommending a booster for the general population? Availability of actual vaccines aren't an issue here in the USA.

So these decisions are political then?

I’d say Takei knows something about the borg…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUMtaTVg...dium=copy_link

Pfizer Exec: Team....we have a shitload of this vaccine sitting here. Vax hesitant just aren't taking it. Anyone have any thoughts?

Pfizer Team: BOOSTERS!

Yawn..... from Skidogs link.

The bottom line

New research has found that people who have had COVID-19 and also received both doses of the Pfizer, Moderna, or AstraZeneca vaccines had higher levels of antibodies than people who had only acquired the virus or only been vaccinated. The one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was not included in this research.

Acquiring the virus confers durable, lasting protection against reacquiring it, which can be further strengthened by vaccination.

Still, because the durability and versatility of antibodies is unclear, a small portion of previously cases or vaccinated people may still experience breakthrough illness. However, since these people will have some level of baseline immunity, these breakthrough cases are significantly less likely to become severe or life threatening.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    “a lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes”
    “It is easier to fool people than to convince them they’ve been fooled”
    —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    I brought this up yesterday. Trying to get the vax hesitant on board while concurrently announcing that boosters need to be administered every 6 months is bad optics, and will likely sway 0% of the vaccine hesitant.

"Go with the science." you say in the next sentence. Science has determined we need a booster, and likely more until eternity.

Meanwhile, Why are our federal health agencies then NOT recommending a booster for the general population? Availability of actual vaccines aren't an issue here in the USA.

It seems like Old Goat is describing harm reduction.

IE - is the booster recommendation more or less likely to cause overall harm, not just harm to the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    you mean like this smart guy?

“When you’re infected, you develop big-time immunity toward one variant,” says Dr. Robert G. Lahita, the director of the Institute for Autoimmune and Rheumatic Disease at Saint Joseph Health and author of “Immunity Strong.”

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...well-protected

Non peer reviewed at the moment.
    It’s not peer reviewed because it’s an opinion quoted in an article about getting vaccinated after previous Covid infection.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Pfizer Exec: Team....we have a shitload of this vaccine sitting here. Vax hesitant just aren't taking it. Anyone have any thoughts?

Pfizer Team: BOOSTERS!
    Ah yes, a comment from the anti-pharma Borg, where all FDA/CDC decisions can be attributed to the bottom line of a pharmaceutical company instead any science at all.

Well, since this medical issue has been so hyper-politicized the answer is Yes.

And while it is nice that here in the US there is plenty of Bug Juice around to float a boat, that isn't the case with the rest of the world. Boosters right now are bad optics when such a low % of the rest of the world has been vaccinated and recipe for yet another variant.

just this particular vaccine. I don’t see a difference between this and the flu for a person in my current situation (had Covid, still had antibodies as of 2 months ago). Everyone can say whatever they want about it being tried and tested and true but those same people would never go out and buy a 1st year overhaul redesigned vehicle because you don’t know the long term effects. Granted we don’t know the long term effects of Covid either but it appears to mutate at a rate much like the seasonal flu (every year there’s a different variety that needs a new booster shot).

if you’re old, immuno-compromised, high risk/whatever else - by all means, go and protect yourself. I don’t see it as necessary for myself. However, when you start to bar those people in the same spot as me from participating in society, that’s where I start to have a problem. I’m not out running around spreading misinformation or saying it’s a democrat conspiracy; I just don’t think it’s a necessary risk due to already having antibodies. And now, I’m not going to be allowed to have a job because I won’t get a “life-saving vaccine” that needs a booster every year? I wasn’t stopped from having a job before for not having a flu vaccine… where does it stop?

I’d be willing to guess the people in the “know” on here are all 50+ and love telling the younger population how much better the good old day were when everyone just shut up and did their duty

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It’s not peer reviewed because it’s an opinion quoted in an article about getting vaccinated after previous Covid infection.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I think we need to start airing public service announcements explaining the difference between fact and opinion because 'merikans somehow missed that in 5th grade language arts class.

Even if big pharma is out to get you, wouldn't it be in their best interest to keep you alive as long as possible so they can sell you as many of their products as possible? Cost of a vaccine is a drop in the bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    if you’re old, immuno-compromised, high risk/whatever else - by all means, go and protect yourself. I don’t see it as necessary for myself.
    Maybe you should think about protecting them at no risk to yourself?

GTFO you selfish chud

Yawn..... from Skidogs link.
    so we get breakthroughs with vaccines and prior infection immunity...whats your point? Both are still being studied. Neither is a "known entity"? Why discount it altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Even if big pharma is out to get you, wouldn't it be in their best interest to keep you alive as long as possible so they can sell you as many of their products as possible? Cost of a vaccine is a drop in the bucket.
    If I was big pharma I would create a really expensive treatment that could be administered in hallways and conference rooms, the encourage behavior that would spread the disease and take in the bucks.

Instead of using the binary “purity test” strategy of internet reading, maybe just lose the political filter when reading about health policy. You start with the presumption it’s political when the health policy professionals do not.

Medical science is not linear or binary; nor is public health policy. And neither start or end with politics…

hth