Page 532 of 701 FirstFirst ... 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... LastLast
Results 13,276 to 13,300 of 17514
  1. #13276
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That’s an anecdote not data.
    Yet, your anecdotes of life in the trenches are acceptable. Got it. Your hospital this sleepy too?

  2. #13277
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    15,712
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Well, that's the picture that many of you here and the news have certainly painted. It is not. Yes, I know it's "by design." It's also inexcusable during a pandemic that hospitals would have so many layoffs when they should have been ramping up before the SHTF. With Canada's healthcare system, I don't know what their excuse is for all their layoffs.
    So the hospital you were in laid off tons of staff recently? Source?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  3. #13278
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yet, your anecdotes of life in the trenches are acceptable. Got it. Your hospital this sleepy too?
    It’s called credibility.

  4. #13279
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Read. My. Entire. Post. You know. Beyond the last period of what you quoted. SMH...
    yawn. I read your post. not exactly a retraction of what you eluded to originally, just a story about KQ yadda yadda yadda.

    Here's the thing with you. You actually never really clearly articulate your stance. Explicitly. Succinctly.

    It's always some 'drop' or meme that implies something...be it vaccine efficiency. vaccine safety. data interpterion. usefulness of masks/distancing. merits of regulation in light of purported leadership hypocrisy.

    It's never clearly stated..just jabs. Always slippery.

  5. #13280
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,128
    MF posts articles from Ontario and Alberta - the two provinces trending closer and closer to American style healthcare - as examples of universal health care facing the same issues.

    Thing is….he’s right. He’s right *because*of the fact that were it 100% up to Alberta government officials they’d have privatized health care just like the US. They’re trying. And as a result the same issues and problems are arising.

    By keep self owning through ignorance. It’s a good look.

  6. #13281
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,128
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    After more time has gone on, I've come to accept the vaccine, but everyone here loves to be stuck in the past when it comes to old arguments we may have made.
    Yet you are unable to extend that argument to scientists and government officials and anti-Christs like Dr Fauci about things they talked about 17 months ago in the early parts of the pandemic.

  7. #13282
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ootarded
    Posts
    3,618

    To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That’s an anecdote not data.
    LOL as if he understands the difference.

  8. #13283
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    How about this? I know someone who recently got wrecked by Covid. Yes, vax'd, so don't go there. I went to go visit them at the ICU. One of the primary Covid care facilities in town.
    What's the name of the hospital and do they say they are full? Because not all hospitals everywhere are maxed at the same time. Cases ebb and flow. Plus, most ICUs aren't allowing visitors for Covid patients so forgive the skepticism but as with so many of your stories it coincides with prevailing right wing narratives — in this instance conspiracy theorists who don't believe ICU cases are real. It's a national phenomenon:

    https://twitter.com/JodiOrth/status/1327771329555292162

    https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...ty-claims.html

    https://www.businessinsider.com/cons...s-rise-2020-11

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...rses-virginia/

  9. #13284
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Yet you are unable to extend that argument to scientists and government officials and anti-Christs like Dr Fauci about things they talked about 17 months ago in the early parts of the pandemic.
    False. I've only used them as examples explicitly to point out how you allow SOME people to change stances as we learn more, while simultaneously not affording others the same room to grow. You would know this if you had any level of comprehensive reading capability.

  10. #13285
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,158
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Yet you are unable to extend that argument to scientists and government officials and anti-Christs like Dr Fauci about things they talked about 17 months ago in the early parts of the pandemic.
    Nail-on-the-head




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  11. #13286
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,412
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yet, your anecdotes of life in the trenches are acceptable. Got it. Your hospital this sleepy too?
    I never called my personal experience working in a hospital data, it’s anecdotal and just presented to illustrate the situation that I experience every day at work.

    Our ICU/PCU is partitioned into Covid and non Covid. It’s full on both sides. The Covid side continually encroaches into the non Covid side. It’s a dynamic situation for sure and not getting better right now. We didn’t lay off staff here, there were temporary furloughs. Those people just had hours cut, usually no more than 20%. We did have staff leave willingly to pursue very lucrative travel contracts. It’s not going to be the same at every hospital, but talking with friends and former coworkers around the state and region it’s not a rosy picture anywhere. These are people that work in hospitals not crisis actors.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #13287
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    False. I've only used them as examples explicitly to point out how you allow SOME people to change stances as we learn more, while simultaneously affording others the same room to grow. You would know this if you had any level of comprehensive reading capability.
    I’ve read this several times and it gets more amusing every time.

  13. #13288
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,412
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    What's the name of the hospital? Because most ICUs aren't allowing visitors for Covid patients and like so many of your stories it coincides with prevailing right wing narratives — in this instance conspiracy theorists who don't believe ICU cases are real. It's a national phenomenon:

    https://twitter.com/JodiOrth/status/1327771329555292162

    https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...ty-claims.html

    https://www.businessinsider.com/cons...s-rise-2020-11

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...rses-virginia/
    Well it is Texas. That said, ICUs aren’t really allowing visitors and only if they’re immediate family. He did do some snooping around though so that supports his “data”.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  14. #13289
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    What's the name of the hospital? Because a lot of ICUs aren't allowing visitors and like so many of your stories it coincides with prevailing right wing narratives — in this instan conspiracy theorists who don't believe ICU cases are real. It's a national phenomenon:
    Not doxing the patient, but I was allowed entry, as per your BI article you posted, "You really can only get in if you're here for an appointment yourself or you have to be listed in a log that we track as a designated visitor for a patient." So yes, I was allowed on the list. Took a while because first they had to test COV negative themselves, and then I had to show proof of vax, temp checks, the whole rigamarole.

    Also, I'm not some conspiracy theorist. Have never shared those pics before, so not meant for FB, Twatter, whatever. Wasn't trying to say ICU's aren't up to capacity. Was attempting to illustrate my point about the "overwhelming" of hospitals being due to AVAILABLE beds. The lack of bed availability massively due to lack of staffing. If I'm so wrong, then why are you hearing so much about healthcare worker burnout and staffing shortages? Maybe they wouldn't be so over-worked if, wait for it, they had proper levels of staffing!!! GASP!

  15. #13290
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    uTardedland
    Posts
    11,365
    Who are you guys engaging with? I just see a whole lot of dumb and scroll right by.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

  16. #13291
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I’ve read this several times and it gets more amusing every time.
    I think they call this gaslighting. In the old days, we'd start our retort with: "that's rich....."

  17. #13292
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,948
    It's a hard life wearing masks and getting vaxxed but sure as God wears sandles it beats spreading disinformation from dudes with underage mistresses

    r/hermancainaward
    r/letterkenney

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  18. #13293
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Lol Maine.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  19. #13294
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...VEe81sVH80YayE


    This past week, the entire state of Idaho has moved to crisis standards of care, in which resources are stretched so thin that patients may be treated based on who has the best chances of survival. Still, that news, which seems alarming enough to me, isn’t necessarily getting through. I’ve noticed that hospitals increasingly are inviting reporters directly into the ICU wards, in a maddening bid to try to convince the public, after all these months, that the pandemic even exists.

    But it turns out this denial behavior is not only normal, it was totally foreseeable, according to Steven Taylor, a psychologist at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, B.C.

    Taylor would know because he predicted it. He wrote a remarkable little book back in 2019 called “The Psychology of Pandemics.” Its premise is that pandemics are “not simply events in which some harmful microbe ‘goes viral,’” but rather are mass psychological phenomena about the behaviors, attitudes and emotions of people.

    The book came out pre-COVID and yet predicts every trend and trope we’ve been living for 19 months now: the hoarding of supplies like toilet paper at the start; the rapid spread of “unfounded rumors and fake news”; the backlash against masks and vaccines; the rise and acceptance of conspiracy theories; and the division of society into people who “dutifully conform to the advice of health authorities” — sometimes compulsively so — and those who “engage in seemingly self-defeating behaviors such as refusing to get vaccinated.”
    Interesting.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  20. #13295
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    How about this? I know someone who recently got wrecked by Covid. Yes, vax'd, so don't go there. I went to go visit them at the ICU. One of the primary Covid care facilities in town. I saw it all over the local news about how overflowing the ICUs were, just as you all had heard. So, I thought it would be interesting to see what the reality was for myself. Place was a goddam ghost town. Since I finally scored a pass for entry, after making it past security up front, I decided to snoop around. 1st and 2nd floors were deserted. Mostly empty. 3rd floor was where the action was, and even that was 1/2 empty. Had a good chat with the ICU doc who was taking care of my friend and he told me how bad staffing was, how they've had to get so many travelling nurses, and how furious he was with the higher ups that they canned so many people when they knew damn well these surges were coming. The burnout was real. I could see it in him. I could see it in the staff. Same hospital chain btw that I was mentioning gave their CEO like $30MM last year.

    So I'm not just pulling this stuff out of thin air. I'm relaying what I witnessed first hand. Had gotten to know much of the staff and helped out wherever I could up there on repeat visits. Been holding off on sharing even this because I know how much shit I'll catch, but it's the truth. Our hospitals are not overflowing. It's an "available bed" issue like I've been trying to say.

    The sleepy ICU:
    Attachment 386258

    The person I know on ventilation. Was intubated here, but now on trach these days:
    Attachment 386259

    That good enough data for you?
    But there are other MDs here so you're wrong.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  21. #13296
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    It’s called credibility.
    No it's called #theborg

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  22. #13297
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    No it's called #theborg
    It's called two random photos from some hospital can't be extrapolated to any reasonable conclusion.

  23. #13298
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,373
    The "borg" narrative also misses the mark because people don't mind different points view when it comes from a place of integrity or is interesting. People don't like it when it's immature trolling in the service of politics especially when it involves selfish unconcern for others.

  24. #13299
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The "borg" narrative also misses the mark because people don't mind different points view when it comes from a place of integrity or is interesting. People don't like it when it's immature trolling or involves selfish unconcern for others.
    Bingo.

    I’m actually interested in knowing if what Montucky is talking about is real, but he can’t seem to back it up with anything beyond his usual.

  25. #13300
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,128
    TGR. Where a visit to the hospital grants you an honorary MD. And a shitposting troll gets a self righteous ego boost defending it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •