Page 527 of 701 FirstFirst ... 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 ... LastLast
Results 13,151 to 13,175 of 17516
  1. #13151
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,958
    Honestly, if somebody has a allied medical education and canít figure this vaccine situation out, I think it might be better in the long run if they step out of the field. Itís a short term problem but, justÖthese are people who shouldnít have been passed in the first place

  2. #13152
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,958
    Honestly, if somebody has a allied medical education and can’t figure this vaccine situation out, I think it might be better in the long run if they step out of the field. It’s a short term problem but, just…these are people who shouldn’t have been passed in the first place

  3. #13153
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    15,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I dont know the answer...thanks for the edit...I just see people with credentials and apparent smarts, deciding against for a variety of reasons. I wish they would all get vaxxed, but 2% of 17 million? Thats a HUGE #, and it could be higher/lower, but man..The hit on many industries could be huge.

    off topic of health care, but the NY restaurant mandates are already showing their ugly heads with active "boycotts" of some high end restaurants. An industry thats been crushed by this pandemic now has to be "vaccine police".

    Like i said, the long range issues covid will bring, will be felt for years to come.
    I would strongly question the "smarts" these people have, or at least their critical reasoning skills, with regards to getting the jab. Yeah, I don't really want an unvaccinated HC worker caring for my immune compromised relative who could die if this person in their personal life contracts COVID whereas they wouldn't have otherwise.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  4. #13154
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I would strongly question the "smarts" these people have, or at least their critical reasoning skills, with regards to getting the jab. Yeah, I don't really want an unvaccinated HC worker caring for my immune compromised relative who could die if this person in their personal life contracts COVID whereas they wouldn't have otherwise.
    you realize they have been doing it for a long time right? They arent all vaxxed.

    Some of the "smarts" im speaking of are people like MD's and Nurses...Do I agree? Not really, but it doesnt change the fact that many still may refuse to get vaxed in the health care industry. Last thing we need there is any more stress.

  5. #13155
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    So with 2 Phizers in me, should I go 2+1 Moderna, or 3 Phizers ?

  6. #13156
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Last thing we need there is any more needless death and illness .
    FIFY

  7. #13157
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    FIFY
    That goes without saying I thought....

    Its a real problem that will need to be addressed soon. Time will tell how bad...but a if a large group of healthcare professionals quit, I assume there will be even more additional deaths.

  8. #13158
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    valley of the heart's delight
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    A vocal contingent has spent a lot of time arguing even if we reach a 100% vaccination it won't make any difference. Marin county California is approaching 100% vaccination of eligible residents and they have some of lowest case/death rates in the country.

    90.7% of residents 12 and older were fully vaccinated. A whopping 97.3% of Marinís eligible population has received at least one vaccine dose. It's paying off with a clear correlation between high vaccination rates and low case rates. Daily cases are around 10 per 100,000 residents, among the lowest in the nation and less than half the average in California. Since just after the beginning of September deaths per 100k are at zero.

    https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/a...f-16474541.php
    I would guess Marin County has passed herd immunity levels. If you get your R below 1, local cases will die out. However, travel and commutes keep bringing in new cases. If your R is close to 1, say 0.9 or 0.95, those introduced cases propagate for a long time before dying out. Meanwhile, travel and commute keep bringing more cases. My feeling is many highly vaxxed areas are already suffering this phenomenon (bay area, NYC, King County, etc).

    Taking Iceland as an example, their cases were falling this summer. They opened travel and shitloads of (diseased) Americans came. Cases spiked. School started in America halting most of the travel. Since travel dropped, Iceland cases are falling dramatically.

    Marin County's cases would go to zero if they shut the borders. Alternately, once those living in Marin County's commute and travel networks get their shit together, cases will also fall to zero.

  9. #13159
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,201
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Honestly, if somebody has a allied medical education and canít figure this vaccine situation out, I think it might be better in the long run if they step out of the field. Itís a short term problem but, justÖthese are people who shouldnít have been passed in the first place
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Honestly, if somebody has a allied medical education and can’t figure this vaccine situation out, I think it might be better in the long run if they step out of the field. It’s a short term problem but, just…these are people who shouldn’t have been passed in the first place
    When it's worth saying twice.

  10. #13160
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    When it's worth saying twice.
    Dude you can say it as many times as you wish, it doesnt make it stop or go away. Hopefully it doesnt happen at all, but im skeptical.

  11. #13161
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Jesus H, want to see crazy antivax posts? Search Instagram for #donotcomply Tens of thousands of moronic antivax bullshit posts.
    Time to repurpose that hashtag for more appropriate themes like nudism, street racing and illegal drugs. Maybe a camp fire.

  12. #13162
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Dude you can say it as many times as you wish, it doesnt make it stop or go away. Hopefully it doesnt happen at all, but im skeptical.
    Don't underestimate the number of cranks with credentials who have already quit or have been delivering substandard care. Anti-social tendencies have to be more than a few percent of any population. This could be like cops: drum out the anti-vaxers and ditch a lot of bad ones without even trying.

  13. #13163
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,201
    Low hanging fruit.

  14. #13164
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,212
    I asked for a mushroom id on a local fb group and a beautiful redhead came to my rescue to confirm what i thought. I look at her page and she is so over the top with vaccine disinfo though. Multiverse, do you have any charts that correlate ridiculous hotness with vaccine skepticism? I think there has to be a correlation here.
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  15. #13165
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    6,266
    Flu Vax check!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  16. #13166
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    6,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    you realize they have been doing it for a long time right? They arent all vaxxed.

    Some of the "smarts" im speaking of are people like MD's and Nurses...Do I agree? Not really, but it doesnt change the fact that many still may refuse to get vaxed in the health care industry. Last thing we need there is any more stress.
    The last thing we need is dipshits in the medical field. Might be a theoretical short term pain, but I donít want these fucking morons anywhere near a hospital floor for any reason whatsoever ever. Fuck em, they donít belong there.

  17. #13167
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,368
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5271.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	386158


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

  18. #13168
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,472
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Flu Vax check!
    Just got mine an hour ago.

    Plan to get the Shingrix shots later this year. If my cell reception doesn't improve drastically I'm not even sure what else I can do.

  19. #13169
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,129
    Letís be clear a lot of the health care workers are quitting not because of vaccine mandates but because the hospitals are overwhelmed with unvaccinated people.

    These people are likely vaccinated but just fed up being forced to do overtime in shitty understaffed situations all to deal with idiots who are denying covid even exists or that the vaccine could have helped them in any way. Quitting *because* they are pro vax and they realize itís not worth the stress and danger to be looking after swarms of people who just couldnít bother to get it.

  20. #13170
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    The last thing we need is dipshits in the medical field. Might be a theoretical short term pain, but I donít want these fucking morons anywhere near a hospital floor for any reason whatsoever ever. Fuck em, they donít belong there.
    They are there, and they are still there. How do you know?

    I've asked before and it went unanswered. Say you need emergency care, like a real emergency, head to hospital and nurse is non vax? She/he is the only one that can help. No other choices. You dying on that mountain? My guess is big fat no.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  21. #13171
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Letís be clear a lot of the health care workers are quitting not because of vaccine mandates but because the hospitals are overwhelmed with unvaccinated people.

    These people are likely vaccinated but just fed up being forced to do overtime in shitty understaffed situations all to deal with idiots who are denying covid even exists or that the vaccine could have helped them in any way. Quitting *because* they are pro vax and they realize itís not worth the stress and danger to be looking after swarms of people who just couldnít bother to get it.
    Some of them sure are. Some not. No question. I never would deny the overworked and underappreciated departures.



    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  22. #13172
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,411

  23. #13173
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I've asked before and it went unanswered. Say you need emergency care, like a real emergency, head to hospital and nurse is non vax? She/he is the only one that can help. No other choices. You dying on that mountain? My guess is big fat no.
    Correct. And this is why we shouldn't need to even ask the question. We won't if there's a mandate.

  24. #13174
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I've asked before and it went unanswered. Say you need emergency care, like a real emergency, head to hospital and nurse is non vax? She/he is the only one that can help. No other choices. You dying on that mountain? My guess is big fat no.
    Hypotheticals like this are just argumentative and don't really serve a purpose in rational discussion.

    But when it comes to emergency help, there are only two considerations: someone is in need & someone is in a position to help. That's it.

    Special considerations aside, either you meet the standard of professional practice or not. Complying with public health orders, established practices and policy of your institution are the minimum. We'd never knowingly tolerate some food distributer or similar to just make up their own public health compliances on the fly. And from where I sit, health care has a higher standard and expectation of competency than the hair net and rat feces crowd.

  25. #13175
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    6,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    They are there, and they are still there. How do you know?

    I've asked before and it went unanswered. Say you need emergency care, like a real emergency, head to hospital and nurse is non vax? She/he is the only one that can help. No other choices. You dying on that mountain? My guess is big fat no.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    Youíve long established yourself as a moron in this thread, but even you should know that strawman argument doesnít mean shit and is irrelevant. The bottom line is no one unvaccinated should be working on a hospital floor. Fuck every last one of those idiots

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •