Page 522 of 701 FirstFirst ... 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... LastLast
Results 13,026 to 13,050 of 17503
  1. #13026
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    6,788

    To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Bullshit. NPR either has their own lawyers on staff to help them accurately report legal decisions, or they can reach out to attorneys to help them (who will assist for free if the media agrees to name drop the attorney in the article). This is law school 101/high school civics class stuff here. They know exactly what they are doing when they use the word "reverse." They want to paint a picture of a rouge, radical, idiot, lower court judge making an unpopular opinion and then get "reversed" by the intelligent higher appellate judge. The truth is boring and NPR's version helps them get clicks.
    NPR also repeatedly stated that Ivermectin is inexpensive. Itís not. Itís VERY expensive. Unless of course, itís bought at the feed store and not the pharmacy for humans. Then itís cheap, but I doubt the fda would look kindly on MDs supplying patients w feedstore meds. Pretty sloppy reporting by NPR throughout the story

  2. #13027
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,523
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    One can only admire your persistence in engaging these people.

    Yeah I'm pretty down about her saying that because I know she believes it and is spreading around the internet. I feel sorry for her and wish she wasn't into conspiracy theories.

    I was talking to her because we have a mutual friend who is in the hospital with Covid and she's been getting reports from the nursing staff on her condition.
    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  3. #13028
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,122
    And if your mutual friend does poorly they will blame it on the doctors not giving treatments (invermectin etc) that have no good evidence they do anything. It wonít be covidís fault. It wonít be the lack of vaccine.

    But then regular posters in here say we need to respect that opinion and give it equal weight otherwise we are just sheeple (aka the borg)

    I hope your friend pulls through.

  4. #13029
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    24,825
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    But then regular posters in here say we need to respect that opinion and give it equal weight otherwise we are just sheeple (aka the borg)
    .
    Please don't be that stupid.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  5. #13030
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Please don't be that stupid.
    So mean. Much disrespect. Tsk.






    [/s]

  6. #13031
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,241
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    yes I pointed that out on FB , AZ or J&J or push for approval of sinovax which I think is pretty conventional, how about sputnik?

    I think some others should be approved with no liability so there is no excuse about the evil mRNA vaxs.
    That guy has quite the BS compilation. IANAE (someone can surely explain this better) but here's one piece I recently saw addressed (the rest seem to be covered regularly):

    He describes a common confusion between driving mutations and favoring one (existing) variant over another. He describes how having any pre-existing immunity might favor a new variant (for which immunity is presumed to be lower--no evidence offered, and magnitude of this, if any, might be really important). But he ignores that the mechanism for creating a new variant is replication. In other words, for the described favortism to matter the mutation must have already occurred.

    If the risk is new variants the way to reduce it is to reduce replication. There isn't even a theoretical basis offered for how a vaccinated person would be more likely to produce a mutation. On the contrary, producing less total viruses during an infection (or fighting one off before it even gets going) means less chances for mutations.

    To put it differently, there is no reason that stopping the spread of one variant to Bob (whether Bob is vaccinated or wears a mask) will increase the spread of some different variant to Brittney.

  7. #13032
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Please don't be that stupid.
    Are you saying Iím being stupid? Maybe I wasnít clear in what I typed

  8. #13033
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,241
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Are you saying Iím being stupid? Maybe I wasnít clear in what I typed
    Not speaking for Buster, but I took your comment as equating Skidog with these people who are actively spreading known lies online. Like KQ's acquaintance. A relative of my wife's has been doing the same, telling people that her dead SIL was vaccinated when she knows that's not true. Skidog may be annoying, but there's a special place in hell for these assholes.

  9. #13034
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,122
    Yes there are smart people actively spreading lies for profit/politics/for attention. Like say Fox News who have a corporate vaccine mandate and over 90% of staff are vaxxed but they call mandates communism because it gets viewers/clicks. Yes there is a special place in hell for them.

    That is indeed different than the guy I went to high school with who thinks vaccines insert an operating system into your body so that the Libs can do their great reset. He thinks invermectin is the way out of the pandemic. He thinks PCR testing is bullshit and is being used to fake a pandemic for political reasons. Are those lies? He has zero evidence. He has been lied to. But he has ample opportunity to examine his beliefs and the evidence for them.

    To be clear I donít think Skidog shares any of the beliefs my school friend does.

    But I take issue with the idea that I need to seriously consider, 17 months into this, that covid may all be a hoax perpetrated by the left. And I take issue with being called sheeple for not keeping an open mind to the idea or respecting everyoneís ideas and opinions.

    That whole ďwe are all allowed to have our opinions respectedĒ is the softest load of snowflake bullshit to come out of the last decade. Itís killing us.

  10. #13035
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,241
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    That whole ďwe are all allowed to have our opinions respectedĒ is the softest load of snowflake bullshit to come out of the last decade. Itís killing us.
    Yes, we should differentiate between opinions. So also between the people spouting different ones. Obviously even moreso those claiming lies as fact, without even the cover of "opinion." Your reference seems to need a pretty broad definition of "regular posters." But what do I know, maybe they're just waiting in the wings.

  11. #13036
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,122
    Like KQs neighbor saying 16,000 deaths from covid vaccines. If Fox says that itís a lie. If her neighbor writes that on Facebook is that a lie? Just an opinion?

    There are multiple regular posters here who share the behavior I take issue with

    I did not intend to label *all* regular posters as such.

  12. #13037
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    24,825
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Are you saying I’m being stupid? Maybe I wasn’t clear in what I typed
    No, I wasn't saying you're being stupid.
    It's more like you're hypothesizing stupid.

    My tone and drift are the fail, huh? I guess it's all part of the great arc.

    Hopefully this won't get as lost as the jono's position on vax mandates, but I do think that as exasperating as it is, we should be respectfully refuting the bullshit.
    As if that makes any sense to anyone.

    Like: "No".
    As opposed to: "No, asshole".

    But it's exhausting, so yeah, whatever.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  13. #13038
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,122
    I save the professional refutations for my day job. Not for the padded room.

    Who said anything about your tone and drift?

  14. #13039
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    24,825
    If the first tweeze didn't come across, then my tone and drift fail.

    I really do think that the PR and all discourse across these weirdo gulfs far wider than space or time are in desperate need of all the patience we can muster, despite how exhausting, frustrating and maddening the disinformation is.

    Otherwise all the dark money that seeks to create the rifts between us, buy Supreme Court seats and steer us towards authoritarianism win.

    Up to you.

    At some point, granted, it's a write off.

    Did you fuckers contribute here yet? https://www.gofundme.com/f/stoke-dreams
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  15. #13040
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,122
    Word. Will reflect.

  16. #13041
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    3,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

    Like: "No".
    As opposed to: "No, asshole".

    But it's exhausting, so yeah, whatever.
    But..but... I thought the one thing I've learned from tgr that I can teach my students is that you properly answer a question with yes, asshole or no asshole.
    And a proper introductory Phrase for any reply is "Hey Asshole."

    Was I wrong?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  17. #13042
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    24,825
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    But..but... I thought the one thing I've learned from tgr that I can teach my students is that you properly answer a question with yes, asshole or no asshole.
    And a proper introductory Phrase for any reply is "Hey Asshole."

    Was I wrong?
    Context, my man, context.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  18. #13043
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,956
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    But..but... I thought the one thing I've learned from tgr that I can teach my students is that you properly answer a question with yes, asshole or no asshole.
    And a proper introductory Phrase for any reply is "Hey Asshole."

    Was I wrong?
    “Listen, fuckface…”

  19. #13044
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    4,545
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Yes, we should differentiate between opinions. So also between the people spouting different ones. Obviously even moreso those claiming lies as fact, without even the cover of "opinion." Your reference seems to need a pretty broad definition of "regular posters." But what do I know, maybe they're just waiting in the wings.
    de∑lu∑sion∑al
    /dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/

    adjective
    characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

    https://twitter.com/CrazyMotherJess/...90506891169798

  20. #13045
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,523
    The friend who says she lost 4 family members to the vaccine (not Covid but the vaccine itself killed them) just sent me this:

    https://www.facebook.com/wxyzdetroit...696135/?type=3


    I found this on the CDC site but yanno..... government coverup and all....

    Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 380 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through September 13, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 7,653 reports of death (0.0020%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths pdf icon[1.4 MB, 40 pages].


    Not that I'm going to get into it with her because she's is basically Q (believes this is all Bill Gates doing) but I found this:

    Question:
    Is it true that VAERS says 3,000 people have died from the COVID-19 vaccines?

    Answered from infectious diseases expert James Lawler, MD, MPH:
    No. Here's some context to explain the confusion.


    An excerpt from the link above:

    Reporting even unrelated deaths
    The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires health care providers to report any serious adverse event (including death) that happens after a COVID-19 vaccination – whether or not the provider thinks there is any link. The CDC says, "Health care providers are required to report to VAERS the following adverse events after COVID-19 vaccination…regardless if the reporter thinks the vaccine caused the AE." AE stands for adverse event and includes death.

    That means that if a vaccinated person drowns, gets in a car crash or is struck by lightning, their death must be reported to VAERS as an adverse event. Since we've vaccinated over 140 million people in the United States, many deaths will occur coincidentally after vaccination.

    As of May 10, there have been 4,434 reports of death following a COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS. Doctors at the CDC review each reported death, looking at death certificates, autopsy and medical records. They have no reason to believe that COVID-19 vaccines cause death.

    False reports to VAERS
    VAERS is like the Wikipedia of data reporting. Anyone can report anything. Many reports are helpful. Some reports are nonsense – one anesthesiologist successfully submitted a VAERS report that the flu vaccine had turned him into The Incredible Hulk. Another false report of a 2-year-old dying from a COVID-19 vaccine was removed from VAERS because the CDC says it was "completely made up."
    Last edited by KQ; 09-20-2021 at 09:48 AM.
    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  21. #13046
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,471
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 380 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through September 13, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 7,653 reports of death (0.0020%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.
    I think it's safe to say that this is a vanishingly small number.

  22. #13047
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,523
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think it's safe to say that this is a vanishingly small number.
    but.... but.... 4 of her family members have died from the vax! Sigh. I just can't go there. It will ruin my day.

    She's into all kinds of conspiracies big time. It's such a shame because she's a good person with a good education but conspiracies are her thing. You name it she's into it. She even said to me once "You and I aren't vaxxed and we're just fine" refering to childhood vaccinations. That is the one time I spoke up and said "no, we are both fully vaxxed. We went to Seattle Public Schools in the 60s/70s where they lined us up in the gymnasium and shot us all up one by one and no one ever dreamed of refusing a vax." She stammered then shut up. She's so wrapped up in her conspiracies that she has invented a new past for herself.
    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  23. #13048
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,471
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    but.... but.... 4 of her family members have died from the vax! Sigh.
    You've got to wonder if these people truly believe the shit they're shoveling.

  24. #13049
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,523
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You've got to wonder if these people truly believe the shit they're shoveling.
    She does 1000%. Absolutely. She's a Mercola/Tenpenny follower and of course a Fox News/Trumper. Hates Obama with ever fiber of her being but again... she'd give you the shirt off her back. Such a dichotomy.

    She'll probably disown me when and if she finds out I worked the mass vax clinic in town.
    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  25. #13050
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    6,788

    To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

    VAERs is getting its hot 15 min w the antivaxers this week. A couple of the usual nefarious sources are circulating numbers pulled from it and claiming itís proof ďthe vaccineĒ is killing people. Itís like vax whack a mole w this nonsense
    Last edited by mcski; 09-20-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •