Page 513 of 715 FirstFirst ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 ... LastLast
Results 12,801 to 12,825 of 17855
    Name:  Hannibal.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  52.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Iím gonna need to know more about what happened to Nicki Minajís cousinís friend, personally
    Nicki's cousin is the origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Can you provide an example of you saying the same thing? Apart from you saying kids are different, which is also the FDA's current position, the only thing I could find is you claiming vaccines were causing strokes in young women and saying the Tuskegee experiments shows we can't trust Covid vaccines. Those aren't examples of you saying LITERALLY exactly the same thing at the time.

Whereas to use your mask example, while you were telling everyone about your friends who'd rather die than take any precautions folks here were discussing how the CDC's recommendations on masks at the time were wrong.

There's a German word 'Bildungsphilister' or dogma-prone newspaper reader that defines why you receive so much push back. MontuckyFried = Bildungsphilister, a person who takes politics literally and science metaphorically rather than the reverse, for example.
    I want you to consider his rant: He believes his word deserves as much legitimacy in this thread as trusted experts like Fauci because he one time said something sort of similar (but not really). He also has a persecution complex where people, who aren't routinely mentioned in this thread (like Harris and Pelosi) might be given too much tolerance respective to him, because they once said something similar (but also not really). Further, he is oblivious to his own limited capacity on the topic and track record of 1) spreading misinformation 2) forming incoherent arguments 3) bad faith proposition. Completely weak dick and narcissistic; people who bring quality info or talking points don't have to whine and complain about being dismissed (oh it's so unfair - woe is me) - their value is apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    More dodging. More milquetoast. No action. Debate ad infinitum.
    It was your question, man. No need to go all false dichotomy about it.

More funny memes for the simple brained

School teacher. How many kids did she pass this on to? How many surgeries did she delay while taking up hospital resources?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Too late - the anti-vax crowd has been around a long time
    You live in PDX, right? You know itís a hot spot for the ďvaccines will give my kid (fill in the blank)Ē crew, despite it coming from left-leaning folksÖ
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Yeah, but I can see this changing things a lot more than a few fringe soccer moms.
    i live in an anti-vax hotspot, which has had a rough go lately. however, a few years ago there was a measles scare at one of the local low-vax schools. that school had a recorded vax rate in the 20-30% when the outbreak occurred. all non-vaxed children had to quarantine at home. so day 1, the school was nearly empty, but on days 2 and 3 of that quarantine, it was back to ~75% full because many parents were faux anti-vax (to fit in with the school culture) and actually had fully vaxed children. i wish i had the actual numbers, but it was fascinated to observe one step removed.

i'm still encountering people that are not vaxing for covid because of fear. had a fun argument/discussion on IG with one earlier this week. that person may even be a mag or lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It was your question, man. No need to go all false dichotomy about it.
    Oh right, the other option. The idealistic libertarian circle jerk angle.

Local ski area announced that they are requiring their employees to be vaccinated. I made the mistake of reading a few comments now I'm embarrassed to be a member of the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Local ski area announced that they are requiring their employees to be vaccinated. I made the mistake of reading a few comments now I'm embarrassed to be a member of the human race.
    Never read the comments, man.
    -The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    These seem relevant.
    He's not wrong. A little serendipitous schadenfreude (if such a thing could exist) that Kilgore Trout was technically a veterinarian, and anti-vaxxers are taking livestock dewormer.

Scrolling down his feed he said, "covid is in the goldilocks zone that’s lethal at just the right pace to avoid presenting an impenetrable reality check to the denialist industry. even deep red areas change their tune when they get hammered but it meters it out so it’s asynchronous"

Basically several pots of water slowly rising to boil, and the frogs are pointing fingers (toes).

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Never read the comments, man.
    -The Dude
    I know, I know, I know. It is like looking down the hole in a pit toilet. For some reason I just couldn't help myself. I feel like I need to take a shower now...

Oh right, the other option. The idealistic libertarian circle jerk angle.
    You misspelled pragmatist.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    They all seem to be the perfect picture of health to begin with, huh? Haha. I know you're enjoying dunking on all the horse dewormer chugging idiots out there, but how do you find all of these random hillbilly's facebook posts? Are you friends with all these people? You sure seem to have a lot of screenshots of a years worth of conversations for each of them all tee'd up and ready to go upon their deaths. It's bizarre.

Repetitive, unfruitful debate is the opposite of pragmatic.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    <snip> but how do you find all of these random hillbilly's facebook posts? Are you friends with all these people? You sure seem to have a lot of screenshots of a years worth of conversations for each of them all tee'd up and ready to go upon their deaths. It's bizarre.
    You must be new to the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

i'm still encountering people that are not vaxing for covid because of fear. had a fun argument/discussion on IG with one earlier this week. that person may even be a mag or lurker.
    Is it fear or more likely ignorance? Or maybe a lot of both.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Too late - the anti-vax crowd has been around a long time
    You live in PDX, right? You know it’s a hot spot for the “vaccines will give my kid (fill in the blank)” crew, despite it coming from left-leaning folks…
    Iwhat is anal warts?

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    They all seem to be the perfect picture of health to begin with, huh? Haha. I know you're enjoying dunking on all the horse dewormer chugging idiots out there, but how do you find all of these random hillbilly's facebook posts? Are you friends with all these people? You sure seem to have a lot of screenshots of a years worth of conversations for each of them all tee'd up and ready to go upon their deaths. It's bizarre.
    Iíd give this post of yours a 3/10. Iíve seen you do better.

At least youíre on point with calling their ideas idiotic. Perhaps you could explain that to others here who feel ďall opinions are validĒ and to think otherwise is just being part of a cult.

Where do you find all these not funny memes you think are funny? Itís bizarre. Do you
    find them on the information superhighway?

You keep misusing words, because pretending that all we need to be is polite and offer carrots is not pragmatic at this point in the pandemic.

but with the US this happens a lot because of bithsiderism. People think the opposite of Alex Jones or Hannity is “leftie” when it’s Goop.

Repetitive, unfruitful debate is the opposite of pragmatic.
    Put numbers to it. How many people are going to get a vaccine because of a mandate and how soon will they get it? How many of those would have gotten the vaccine without the mandate and how many of those who aren't subject to a mandate will decide not to get one who were otherwise on the fence?

Can there be a broader version than what's already been done?

Vaccine appointments jump up when mandates are put in place. These appointments are by being filled by people who could have gotten the vaccine earlier. No Iím not gonna post any links. If you are here you have the same google access I do. Feel free to discount this post if the lack of links discredits it for you.

How would you answer this question. I have been wasting time in a battle of wits all morning with 3 anti vaxxers

DougW if everything the government is saying and it is deadly as it's made out to be answer me this question. Why has the homeless population not been wiped out? I know there's not many in Golden but in Vernon we have over 250 identified homeless people living in the streets. I live in downtown Vernon and I walk and talk to the homeless people on a regular basis. They do not wear a mask they do not social distance if they get sick they are not able to self isolate. They share needles drugs pipes and live in camps of up to 15 people. So if just one homeless person in Vernon got covid it should affect there whole community yet it is not �� How is this possible???

answer so far Are you trying to be obtuse ? Its not a great mystery, your sample size is 250 of various ages so with the death rate for covid-19 applied its entirely likely that you would have no deaths in that population. How would even tell if they were sick?

running out of patience, ...
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    How would you answer this question. I have been wasting time in a battle of wits all morning with 3 anti vaxxers

DougW if everything the government is saying and it is deadly as it's made out to be answer me this question. Why has the homeless population not been wiped out? I know there's not many in Golden but in Vernon we have over 250 identified homeless people living in the streets. I live in downtown Vernon and I walk and talk to the homeless people on a regular basis. They do not wear a mask they do not social distance if they get sick they are not able to self isolate. They share needles drugs pipes and live in camps of up to 15 people. So if just one homeless person in Vernon got covid it should affect there whole community yet it is not �� How is this possible???
    No one with COVID has exposed them yet.

I don't offend easily, but I'm pretty fucking offended by these shitforbrains equating public health measures that amount to little more than an inconvenience, and are literally intended to save lives, to the Holocaust and Nazi Germany.

Setting aside their complete ignorance of history, the self-entitled tone-deafness, and victim complexes that ostensibly elevates them to a persecuted class is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    How would you answer this question.

...I walk and talk to the homeless people on a regular basis. They do not wear a mask they do not social distance if they get sick they are not able to self isolate. They share needles drugs pipes and live in camps of up to 15 people. So if just one homeless person in Vernon got covid it should affect there whole community yet it is not �� How is this possible???
    Tell them Meth cures Covid.