Page 49 of 929 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    He can buy all he wants. Pfizer and Moderna still have to make them. It's not as easy as making toilet paper.
    Probably a good move regardless. Hopefully any revisions to the vaccine they make to address mutations are part of future doses.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

He can buy all he wants. Pfizer and Moderna still have to make them. It's not as easy as making toilet paper.
    Ramping toilet paper production up is also surprisingly difficult.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    More selfish assholes in California to report. My coworker, he's 26 years old, jumped the line and has had is first dose of moderna's vaccine. He WFH, has no regular interactions with people who are high risk, and lives by himself. What a waste.

He's very proud of himself for figuring out a way to jump the line though, telling everyone we work with. Evidently his friend is a pharmacist at an area hospital and was able to set aside one for him.
    At this point I’m not mad at anyone about the California vaccine rollout other than the those in charge of this embarrassment. They ought to open up mass vaccination centers to anyone willing until they have given 75% of their accessible supply. Or at least anyone over 65 with a California driver’s license.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    At this point I’m not mad at anyone about the California vaccine rollout other than the those in charge of this embarrassment. They ought to open up mass vaccination centers to anyone willing until they have given 75% of their accessible supply. Or at least anyone over 65 with a California driver’s license.
    I'd be fine with that...65+ until they get to 75%...but a 26 year old? just stupid...guy could've had his folks get it who are both over 65, but instead took it for himself. shit, his sister is a public school teacher, could've given it to her, but no. I guess it's not wasted, so that's good...just not a very efficient use IMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I'd be fine with that...65+ until they get to 75%...but a 26 year old? just stupid...guy could've had his folks get it who are both over 65, but instead took it for himself. shit, his sister is a public school teacher, could've given it to her, but no. I guess it's not wasted, so that's good...just not a very efficient use IMV.
    I wonder what his family thinks? The local hospital here did some calling for volunteers a couple weeks back as they finished sticking their employees. Not wasting it, at least.

After hearing that I clicked in hoping to get on a quick-call list but wound up with an appointment instead. 1B here and I can't tell if this means they've run through everyone who wants it ahead of me or if they just throw it at everyone currently eligible, but we have enough anti-vaxers to keep the country supplied through the third civil war, so who knows?

First Moderna today and the operation they're running is pure speed, no frills. No-glove bandages, even. Self-monitor for 15 minutes if you can stand it--I left after a short 10. Waiting room felt riskier than 3 days' skiing and my internet has been funky ever since. Do I have to upgrade my phone now?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I wonder what his family thinks? The local hospital here did some calling for volunteers a couple weeks back as they finished sticking their employees. Not wasting it, at least.

After hearing that I clicked in hoping to get on a quick-call list but wound up with an appointment instead. 1B here and I can't tell if this means they've run through everyone who wants it ahead of me or if they just throw it at everyone currently eligible, but we have enough anti-vaxers to keep the country supplied through the third civil war, so who knows?

First Moderna today and the operation they're running is pure speed, no frills. No-glove bandages, even. Self-monitor for 15 minutes if you can stand it--I left after a short 10. Waiting room felt riskier than 3 days' skiing and my internet has been funky ever since. Do I have to upgrade my phone now?
    Absolutely, I guess I shouldn't care who gets it...we need anyone willing to get it. My in-law's had the exact same experience up here in PDX as you. Went to a vax site at a fire station, got the moderna, paused for 10 mins, and when good to go they bailed. Oh, and Oregon is also a bastion of antivaxing morons.

California now has a web site you can register on so you can fool yourself into thinking you're getting closer. You can't make an appt, but supposedly they'll notify you when it's your turn, or your estate.
    Wisconsin has that. It works good.

It went live and within 2-3 minutes my 93 y/o Mom got an email with sign up link. Next day my 88 y/o Uncle got his email link.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

The impression I'm getting is that California is not starting on 1B's until every last 1A in the state is vaccinated, no matter how long it takes for all the demented nursing home patients with DNR orders and no family and every last telemedicine doctor and plastic surgery office manager to get their shot.

The impression I'm getting is that California is not starting on 1B's until every last 1A in the state is vaccinated, no matter how long it takes for all the demented nursing home patients with DNR orders and no family and every last telemedicine doctor and plastic surgery office manager to get their shot.
    It certainly is starting to feel that way. I’d almost like a big surge just so someone wakes up and says tells them stick an arm wherever they can find one

Essential workers need to stop showing up for work until they get vaccinated. If the grocery stores have to close because nobody shows up to work, or your garbage doesn't get picked up for three weeks, things will change. Short of that, the cancer that is the Boomer generation will continue to fuck this country over.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Essential workers need to stop showing up for work until they get vaccinated. If the grocery stores have to close because nobody shows up to work, or your garbage doesn't get picked up for three weeks, things will change. Short of that, the cancer that is the Boomer generation will continue to fuck this country over.
    There’s a whole bunch of Hondurans ready to take their place and your boy Biden can’t wait to welcome them.

Got round 2 Moderna yesterday. Woke up in the middle of the night febrile and still feel like shit. Wearing a mask and all the last year I've pretty well forgotten what its like to be sick. I'll take a day of this over 10+ of the Rona for sure.

Anyone in the Chester County, PA area have a suggestion for how to get my 76 year old mom signed up for a vaccination? Her doctor couldn't help. All vaccine locations on the map show nothing available. She pre-registered, but I feel like she's just going to be sitting around waiting to hear and will miss out getting it sooner.
    Last edited by funkendrenchman; 01-27-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Yo Mofro, Huck or anyone else with actual credentials in this field; my 6 month pregnant wife was offered the vaccine in about a week through Sutter. Apparently she’s one of 4 pregnant women who said she’d be interested in the whole practice. She’d be part of a clinical study as well which we both support.

Her OB “neither encourages nor discourages it”, but they don’t think it will be harmful or they would offer it.

To us it seems like a big upside for a tiny chance of negative outcomes. Our bias is to have faith in science, so maybe we have a blind spot here. What say you guys, would you want your 6 month pregnant wife, daughter, etc with no known allergies or other adverse reactions to vaccines to get it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'll be getting my first dose this Saturday. 62 years old with a pre-existing condition. I checked with the health department to make sure I was not sent the e-mail in error and was told that this county (Mono) was moving through the tiers faster than the rest of the state. This makes me wonder if a lot of people are declining the vaccination.

Posting this to change up the current thread cover photo.

S/p Moderna#2 x 1 week. Feelin good.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post

Same (and thank you)
    north bound horse.

Wife got Moderna shot #2 today. If I don't post anymore after today, it's because she turned into a zombie and started eating my head in the night. And the damn cell reception isn't any better.

Edit to add:. It was Pfizer, not Moderna. She didn't feast on my corpse overnight. She's feeling a little rundown but not sick as of this AM.
    Last edited by riser3; 01-28-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I'll be getting my first dose this Saturday. 62 years old with a pre-existing condition. I checked with the health department to make sure I was not sent the e-mail in error and was told that this county (Mono) was moving through the tiers faster than the rest of the state. This makes me wonder if a lot of people are declining the vaccination.
    It seems to me that in general small states, small countries, small towns, small counties are doing better in getting people vaccinated, which isn't surprising.

I saw an interesting fact last night on the tube, can't remember who said it. To paraphrase what was said--if you make the virus 50% more deadly you have 50% more deaths. If you make it no deadlier but 50% more transmissable you have about 10 times as many deaths (I don't recall over what period of time.) Sorry I don't have a better citation

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post

9.99/10, would vax.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Anyone in the Chester County, PA area have a suggestion for how to get my 76 year old mom signed up for a vaccination? Her doctor couldn't help. All vaccine locations on the map show nothing available. She pre-registered, but I feel like she's just going to be sitting around waiting to hear and will miss out getting it sooner.
    My understanding from some family in PA is all appointments are made through the county of residence, you "register for an appointment," you can't call up a pharmacy or clinic or whatever and make an appointment. And you can't just show up.

When you group is ready, 1A, 1B... you get notification to make an appointment, and only then are you directed to a clinic, pharmacy etc. that administers the injection.

Your mom is lucky she's in Chester County. Some genius (geniuses) in the neighboring county to the east, Delaware County, disbanded and shutdown their public health department a few years ago (too much gub'mint). That county contracts out their public health services to Chester County.

If your mom is worried or concerned look up and get her in touch with her township/borough/city commissioner. Or get her in touch with a county-level senior citizens office -- the names vary by county, area agency on aging, senior services, etc...
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Yo Mofro, Huck or anyone else with actual credentials in this field; my 6 month pregnant wife was offered the vaccine in about a week through Sutter. Apparently she’s one of 4 pregnant women who said she’d be interested in the whole practice. She’d be part of a clinical study as well which we both support.

Her OB “neither encourages nor discourages it”, but they don’t think it will be harmful or they would offer it.

To us it seems like a big upside for a tiny chance of negative outcomes. Our bias is to have faith in science, so maybe we have a blind spot here. What say you guys, would you want your 6 month pregnant wife, daughter, etc with no known allergies or other adverse reactions to vaccines to get it?

That's a tough one. My two cents with no skin in the game.

Everyone who gets the vaccine is really part of a study. If you were not in the anti vax camp for other reasons.
    She and the baby are probably at no greater risk than anyone else. ??

Yep I am not qualified. Your OBGYN really made you feel great. Right?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

It seems to me that in general small states, small countries, small towns, small counties are doing better in getting people vaccinated, which isn't surprising.

Could be; after all my whinging above, I had a phone-to-phone with my PCG and low and behold, scheduled for first jab this Saturday - Yolo County.

Yo Mofro, Huck or anyone else with actual credentials in this field; my 6 month pregnant wife was offered the vaccine in about a week through Sutter...
    Actually, a reasonably well-discussed piece on this on NPR today.

I probably would give the wife the go ahead, but my question would be if it was the actual shot or if a placebo might be given as part of the study