Page 492 of 929 FirstFirst ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... LastLast
Results 12,276 to 12,300 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I'm sure someone is compiling a list of celebrities we've lost, but based off of some googling (and not saying Nikki will die):

Sonny Chiba
    Phil Valentine
    Milli Vanilli guy
    Joe Long
    Larry King
    Seku Smith
    Phil Spector
    Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island
    Nick Cordero
    Charlie Pride
    Carol Sutton
    Darth Vader (guy in the suit not James Earl)
    Kenzo Takada
    Tommy DeVito
    Bruce Williamson
    Tom Seaver
    Herman Cain
    Roy of Siegfried and Roy
    John Prine
    Chris Trousdale
    Adam Schlesinger (Stacy's mom)
    Fred the Godson
    Joe Diffie
    Ellis Marsalis Jr.
    Mark Blum
    Allen Daviau
    Matthew Seligman

there are a lot, I give up
    Huh,

Never heard of’em.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    That guy is pro-vax and doing that as a joke.
    Defiantly. Still funny, though. The helmet is a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    No no ..you're reading it all wrong. 6% differences are apparently yuuuuge.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    For the mathematically illiterate, the July 6th difference in fully vaccinated comparing red (35%) and blue (46.7%) voting counties as show in that graph represents 18.4 million people. For the pathogenically illiterate, that's a shit ton of hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    the pathogenically illiterate
    that would be a decent band name
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Name:  8bme4q1s3an71.png
Views: 274
Size:  17.7 KB

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Just heard first hand that Duke University Hospital currently has more COVID patients and beds full than at any other time throughout this pandemic. Wife's doc said they are completely dumbfounded and astounded at the completely irrational behavior these whack jobs are displaying by still refusing the vaccine and refusing to wear masks.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Just heard first hand that Duke University Hospital currently has more COVID patients and beds full than at any other time throughout this pandemic. Wife's doc said they are completely dumbfounded and astounded at the completely irrational behavior these whack jobs are displaying by still refusing the vaccine and refusing to wear masks.
    It’s been this way since the beginning of August at my hospital and others around the country. Nothing will change, you might as well ask a Christian to renounce God. Of course some of these people beg for the vaccine when they’re about to be intubated. First hand account. Buckle up and enjoy the ride

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hi SkiDog, ASSpen, Steep et al!
    Have you had enough of bringing irrelevant and poorly researched articles to this Vaccine thread? Are you getting tired of bringing your uninformed, politically-biased whataboutism to a bunch of mags who have spent their lives studying this shit? I bet you have! Do you get tired of making Mofro, Tri Ungulate and others shake their head in disgust as you share yet another article from a 'reputable' news source (that also happens to have pop up ads for bitcoin and supplements). Are your tired of making Magnificent Unicorn stare in disbelief at your childish selfish statements after he has worked to help patients all day in the hospital? Is it getting tiring to spit out yet another irrelevant study comparing Sweden to Israel? Is is starting to get a little embarrassing to have mags need to explain the difference between a virus and a bacteria and why your 'scientific' statement is beyond garbage?

I invite you to start "fresh" in the 98118 thread. While you will NEVER be allowed to physically enter my zip code, I can assure you that in the 98118 call out and food review thread, we welcome "newbies"'(jongs) and there is basically one long "hazing period" where I will verbally curb stomp you for your willful obstinance and your disrespect to healthcare workers and your communities. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the rational and data-backed statements of this thread: "Come join the fun"! Also, no hot Jersey Babes for you. Even they would find you too fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    49% Idaho.
    Idaho’s newest export - very sick people to WA, because its ICUs are overflowing.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/13/u...ton-idaho.html

I’ve become pretty convinced that a significant portion of these people have mental health problems.

20+ years of listening to hate and fear propaganda induces a place on the spectrum of a psychosis in some.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I think I've got a metaphor for this situation.. LOOK AT THE BONES!! I warned you!

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I’ve become pretty convinced that a significant portion of these people have mental health problems.
    And most of them are very heavily armed. MURIKA!!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It’s been this way since the beginning of August at my hospital and others around the country. Nothing will change, you might as well ask a Christian to renounce God. Of course some of these people beg for the vaccine when they’re about to be intubated. First hand account. Buckle up and enjoy the ride
    Can you take them up on that? My wife just brought home a story from our local hospital: dumbass was in ICU for almost a month and when he was well enough to go home and they told him they recommended he get vaccinated he told them he just couldn't do that. Not even CTE. Just his own "moral" construct that all those experimental drugs are ok but anything that's been proven to work is a problem.

There are already threads all over NextDoor asking for plumbers and electricians who provide proof of vaccination and wear masks. The big companies are already requiring it but folks were trying to reward small businesses for doing the right thing while keeping their homes safe. The market ha spoken. Running out of "something new" options.
    Around here people have no problem with plumbers and electricians with leprosy, multi-drug resistant TB, pedophilia convictions--or they DIY and pray it doesn't leak or catch fire.

I wonder what percent of NYC teachers are actually against the mandate--their union may be opposing it primarily for collective bargaining reasons but I gotta think a lot of those demonstrating are already vaccinated and would be very happy to have all their colleagues and students vaccinated.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Can you take them up on that? My wife just brought home a story from our local hospital: dumbass was in ICU for almost a month and when he was well enough to go home and they told him they recommended he get vaccinated he told them he just couldn't do that. Not even CTE. Just his own "moral" construct that all those experimental drugs are ok but anything that's been proven to work is a problem.
    Monica Gandhi is kinda sayin that natural immunity > vax immunity (at least Pfizer immunity) @20:11

https://youtu.be/H3pAD0LOkZg?t=1227

I never considered a breakthrough infection of somebody that’s vaxed as a “reinfection.”

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Monica Gandhi is kinda sayin that natural immunity > vax immunity (at least Pfizer immunity)
    She's saying because the two Pfizer shots in Israel were given so close together there might not have been as good of a Prime + Boost effect. It's about training the immune system. The same is true of natural infection. If a person only experienced a mild case then they might not have had a strong immune response.

In the UK, which she also discusses, they followed a first dose first policy so doses ended up further apart. The Isreali study she mentions is also an observational study with several confounders. Whereas in the UK, they're doing randomized testing and their data shows vaccination offers more protection.*

Which is not to say natural immunity doesn't provide good protection, but it tends to be less consistent, so we should probably only recommend a single dose for the previously infected.

* The UK just released more data and people really need to not only get the second dose, or a single dose if prior infection, but also play it safe and avoid infection for at least three weeks afterwards to be fully protected.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

IMO, Gandhi has been given too large of a mic, likes to ride that edge, and has ended up on the wrong side too many times this year. Some of her op-Ed’s have done more damage than good.

She's in a large majority about hybrid immunity, at least--just jab em before they wake up.

Agree. Topol was claiming this in early aug or July.

I’m seeing that video used by those claiming to have been infected as a reason to provided access equal to those that have been vaxed.

I listened further after posting and she does emphasize the Isreali study is likely biased towards severe convalescent cases WRT protection from natural infection.

FWIW, she's not the only one saying prior infection offers good protection. More than objecting to an honor system, the issue I have is all the people who believe they've had Covid but don't *know* if they've had Covid.

Colds and flu didn't stop happening. I recently caught RSV and it reminded me of all the people who were sick back in 2020 insisting they had Covid even though seroprevalence studies showed at the time only 2% had been infected. Not to mention all the people insisting herd immunity was right around the corner because asymptomatic infections were going uncounted. If they were right we wouldn't be seeing all cases we're seeing now.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Agree. Topol was claiming this in early aug or July.

I’m seeing that video used by those claiming to have been infected as a reason to provided access equal to those that have been vaxed.
    At least they're not using it to advocate for natural infection instead of vaccination. That's a popular view here. Haven't checked the shelves of the local co-op for Ivermectin, but lots of helpful advice about vitamins and what to be watching out for since all those people are getting so sick and dying with The Vaccine (singular--always singular).
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

People are advocating for natural immunity here, too.

My whole family caught a cold two weeks ago. It was a little shocking.

With natural and vax “reinfection” rates, isn’t there something related to how recently you’ve been vaxed or infected, antibody counts, and the opportunity for your body to respond more quickly to a new infection because your antibody levels are still high?

Baby delivered via Covid Cesarean doesn't even have a name because both unvaxxed parents died.

A California couple died of Covid-19 weeks apart, orphaning 5 young children including a newborn
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism