Page 34 of 929 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    X

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - The Coffey County Health Department is preparing to help distribute the COVID-19 vaccine ahead of the end of this month for Phase 2 of the state’s plan; however, none of their 4 nurses will actually be administering it.

In a call with 13 News Wednesday (Jan. 13), health department administrator Lindsay Payer says that neither she nor her staff “feel comfortable” giving the vaccine. Instead, the county health department will contract with at least one outside nurse to give the vaccine and possibly other providers. They will use COVID funds to cover it. Payer says these are personal decisions made individually and not without considerable thought.

“I will tell you we will have to contract staff outside of our staff to give that vaccine because my staff is not comfortable with that,” Payer told commissioners at their January 4th meeting. “It’s a new technology. We’ve never seen it before. It was only studied in 45 people before it was approved, and the companies that have made the vaccine they don’t have to ... all liability is gone from them. So, if there’s anything bad about the vaccine it doesn’t go back to them.”
    FFS. Yeah, 45.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    FFS. Yeah, 45.
    "It was only studied in 45 people before it was approved ..."

Wait, what?

Kansas perpetually has dumb dumbs at the helm. At least they gave us the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Praise be.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Wife had her second Pfizer on Monday and felt much better than after the first. Now we are both vaccinated for the Vid!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Haven't decided yet to take the vaccine this early. Will gladly follow you guys here for any updates regarding your conditions with the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by SkierPanier View Post
    Haven't decided yet to take the vaccine this early. Will gladly follow you guys here for any updates regarding your conditions with the vaccine.
    You could follow TGR to help you make a decision--or you could follow science. (There are a few scientists here but you have to figure out who they are. It shouldn't be hard.)

I'm scheduled for second Pfizer shot on the 19th....I've heard from a few of my coworkers that the aftereffects were significantly worse than the first shot, but only lasted ~12 hours......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

first shot received two days ago. significant fatigue yesterday and serious tenderness in my entire right arm. i still feel drained this morning but pain of injection site has has gone away almost entirely. definitely felt and affected me differently than any shot i can recall having. scheduled for second round on feb 3.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    California just made 65 and older eligible. yippee. Of course they're still struggling to do HCW's and no one is saying when 65's can actually get vaccinated.
    Here's a thought--when someone shows up for a shot worker takes a dated timed pic of their ID, stabs them, sits them down for 15 minutes, gives them a preprinted card with the date to return for shot 2. Later, when the dust has settled, the names and dates can be uploaded into a database if someone thinks it would be useful. The limiting factor would be room for all the people to wait, since the whole vaccination process should take no more than 5 minutes per victim.
    We have three rooms, check in, shot and waiting check out. Works well, no lines.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Heres my vaccine experience FWIW: Pfizer, dose one late December, no pain no problem at all. Second dose last Monday morning. Monday was fine. pretty achy Monday night but mostly slept through it. Tuesday morning woke up feeling like I'd drank a keg a beer and been hit by a train the day before. Wicked body aches, headache, extreme fatigue/malaise. laid around miserable for a few hours, then took a gram of Tylenol, sat in a hot bath, then took a 2 hour nap. woke up feeling maybe 50% better. Tuesday night I slept 11 hours and woke up back at 100%.

has anyone actulay died from taking the Covid vax, nothing i have read indicates I could die ?

people seem worried about the apres effects of the vax

so far the symptoms don't look any worse than the next day after a late night/ hard day of drinking/skiing maybe tagging a tree or a mogul ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    has anyone actulay died from taking the Covid vax, nothing i have read indicates I could die ?

people seem worried about the apres effects of the vax

so far the symptoms don't look any worse than the next day after a late night/ hard day of drinking/skiing maybe tagging a tree or a mogul ?
    Given that some people have reportedly had bad allergic reactions (and in the cases I’ve read about these people knew they had a history of bad allergic reactions) - it stands to reason that there is potential for someone to die from getting vaccinated. Would one person dying from an allergic reaction to the vaccine (amongst millions of delivered vaccines) change your approach? Especially if you have not had a history of bad allergic reactions in the past? Most protocols will involve people staying close by for 20-30min post shot. Probably longer if a person reports a history of severe allergies.

Separate from all that - stay tuned to the social media posts coming that will say “my uncle got vaccinated and the next day had a stroke so...” - those events should be reported correctly so smart people can do the math and figure out of there is evidence of serious adverse events - but balance those social media posts with the reminder that people present to hospital / die with strokes/heart attacks/etc every day. Some of them are gonna have those events right after vaccination.

(Again I defer to the vaccination/research experts in here for better info)

I read a medical type piece on the different vacines quoting facts and figures re the effects of each one and nobody died from any of the vaccines, slightly sick/ sore arm for a day was pretty normal and that was about it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Wife just received her first dose of the Moderna vaccine. She reports feeling a little achey, but otherwise seems upbeat - she's been pretty stressed regarding work/friends/community and COVID the past few weeks, so I think receiving the vaccine is actually helping to settle her mind a bit.
    But I think it's interferring with our dsl modem - signal when at home for lunch seemed very weak. Nanobots must be picking up on my seditious surfing of TGR.

Spoke with mgmt at work and best guess for it coming through work is perhaps Apr or May. No word yet through my SAR exec if or when there will be anything coming sooner for the volunteer 1st responders. <Le sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    No word yet through my SAR exec if or when there will be anything coming sooner for the volunteer 1st responders. <Le sigh>
    Made available for our team last week (CO).

I hear they report pretty good efficacy a couple weeks after the first shot - the mental load-off is real.
    The more I hear about long term lung problems etc .. I'm selfishly glad I got the vaccine.
    north bound horse.

Wife and I got the first shot on Jan 3, due for the second on the 23rd. No major side effects for either of us other than mild fatigue for about five days after. I haven't read through this whole thread, but will venture a guess that I'm the only one here who has taken Sputnik V. This may be of interest to anyone considering the adenovirus platform over mRNA, so AZ/Oxford and J&J/Janssen.

Availability here is an absolute disgrace. Yet another reason to call for the wholesale liquidation of the boomer generation.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Availability here is an absolute disgrace. Yet another reason to call for the wholesale liquidation of the boomer generation.
    Ehhhh, wha? RFV is doing pretty well. PitCo will hopefully be through the 70+ crowd by the end of the month, get us educators poked and then onto Phase 2. Way ahead of most states that are still working on first responders...

I had the first shot (Moderna) almost a week ago. Seriously sore shoulder that night and the next day, and felt a lot more tired than usual for maybe two or three days. Thats about it

Had the shot 4 days ago (Moderna)

Beyond the usual expected sore injection site I have been more tired than usual. Also developed mild tendonitis in the opposite shoulder (which I’ve never had before in my life) and my legs were a lot more sore following a 1.5 hour spin bike session (which I did a few hours after the shot) than they normally would be (soreness resolved by 48 hours and shoulder tendinitis is improving)

All to say that there could be a systemic pro-inflammatory response from the shot leading to these symptoms. Or those symptoms could easily be 100% unrelated.

Smarter people can weigh in on that idea

Or maybe you were full of spike proteins.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Or maybe you were full of spike proteins.
    I blame the spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I blame the spinning.
    It wasn’t a spin class if that counts for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    It wasn’t a spin class if that counts for anything.
    I don't judge. I spin too.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague