Page 297 of 929 FirstFirst ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 23206
    I'd have been tempted to punch you in the throat

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Excellent point: Core Shot is so fucking stupid. Infects his own kids with a deadly virus due to his own arrogance.

Actual photo of Core Shot
    Attachment 381071

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I’m actually clean shaven

And more pasty white
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I'd have been tempted to punch you in the throat
    No sense of humour
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Yes. Thanks for proving my point.
    You have no point, you linked an article that didn’t say anything new and didn’t come to a conclusion. Why are you willfully ignorant?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You have no point, you linked an article that didn’t say anything new and didn’t come to a conclusion. Why are you willfully ignorant?

The lack of conclusion was the point, but you weren’t following the discussion you inserted yourself into you fucking simpleton.

a good 90% masked at our grocery store today

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    no ones questioning where the virus originated, it was China

people against the vax aren't smart, people who support T**** aren't smart...
    I see the origin question as still open. Agree it most likely originated in China, but the possibility remains China was the first to discover and report it. Travel is rapid and worldwide. Covid travels well. It's entirely possible Wuhan discovered a virus originating elsewhere. They had both good surveillance and a top virology institute in town. Compare to say the US, where our surveillance is crap and we couldn't find it even after the Chinese told us exactly what to look for. If the US struggled to find a well characterized novel virus, certainly plenty of other possible origins could have missed it as well. I also can't help but notice many countries that have screened for early Covid cases chose to screen samples beginning in December 2019, and not earlier. If it did originate elsewhere, we're almost trying not learn that, but such would be wild unsubstantiated speculation (and a "solidly founded" conspiracy theory).
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Well CA is masked up again. Hit Costco and the market and there were masks on most everyone. Guy in Vons asked me why I didn't have one on. Told him I was asymptomatic and trying to take out the unvaccinated. Left him speechless.
    I laughed.

Yeah, it's going that way here too. A few local businesses owners have told me and/or sent out all-social messages outlining their concerns about the staff (and their families') safety vis a vis delta, and unknown vax status of their customers and even "rude and abusive customers".

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Democrat, Republican, or independent—if a person thinks the virus originated in a lab then I hope they draw the obvious conclusion the best defense against an inadvertent or intentional biological attack is an American made vaccine.
    Also acceptable would be a quarantine to keep it out, effective contact tracing to snuff any cases, or really, any combination of NPIs to drive the reproduction rate below 1 and hold it there indefinitely. New Zealand, Taiwan, Australia, and China are all doing a great job holding cases near zero before a vaccine. Most every country has demonstrated rapid sustained declines in cases using only NPIs. Few have continued the strategy all the way to elimination.

Effective treatments could counter the threat too. A treatment that performs like the miraculous claims for HCQ or Ivermectin would be great. Take three 5 cent pills for 100% recovery and no side effects, who wouldn't?

Harmons in Sandy was maybe 25% masked today. A week ago I saw maybe two masks.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Nah, daily Thunderdome fights. Sorry I'm late, bloody chainsaw ran out of petrol again. Reckon I'll grab the giant sword tied to a broom handle from now on.

On the other stuff:

State police asked the military for help with policing duties in Sydney yesterday. They're sending 300 from the army. The dYsToPiAn nIgHtMaRE continues.

Or, alternatively, they've cottoned onto the fact that the key to knocking out a Delta outbreak is bringing the number of people out in the community while infectious down to zero, and then let the infection run through those in quarantine.

Plus the police are humans too who just need a hand right now with a very hard situation, and asking other states will only weaken their policing capabilities at a time where there's a high risk of Delta spreading.

Also they want to get the vaccines rolled out as widely as possible before most restrictions are lifted permanently and the borders reopened to non-citizens.

Which is the plan they're communicating to us daily. Thanks science and reason for figuring that out.

I'm guessing there is the question of why the vaccines weren't rolled out here earlier.Well, countries like the US and UK had mass deaths occurring, at a time when we maybe had 0-5 infections a day happening in hotel quarantined international arrivals, so of course the vaccine went where it was needed first (and where a rich country had paid oodles of cash for priority access to shots). And now we see so many people in the US refuse life saving shots because the bow tie man on tv or Mavis from Facebook told them to because freedom. Or because they blindly hate one side of society so much that it doesn't matter what they're told, shown or directly experience, they're not doing it because the other side wants them to, so there must be some sinister ulterior motive.

Who's dystopian now?

Anyway, back to the cage. Two men enter, one man leaves, two men enter, one man leaves...
    If only. In practice people you thought were dead like RJ keep rising from the ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I see the origin question as still open. Agree it most likely originated in China, but the possibility remains China was the first to discover and report it. Travel is rapid and worldwide. Covid travels well. It's entirely possible Wuhan discovered a virus originating elsewhere. They had both good surveillance and a top virology institute in town. Compare to say the US, where our surveillance is crap and we couldn't find it even after the Chinese told us exactly what to look for. If the US struggled to find a well characterized novel virus, certainly plenty of other possible origins could have missed it as well. I also can't help but notice many countries that have screened for early Covid cases chose to screen samples beginning in December 2019, and not earlier. If it did originate elsewhere, we're almost trying not learn that, but such would be wild unsubstantiated speculation (and a "solidly founded" conspiracy theory).
    Well said.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

FloriDUMB:
    “Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has issued an executive order that directs the state's health and education departments to issue emergency rules that prevent the implementation of a mask mandate in schools.”

huh? China was internally slow to report cases because, duh, it’s a soul crushing bureaucracy of commies. Once it got too large to ignore they responded stiffly, but it’s hardly a paragon of efficiency despite the image they relentlessly work to project.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Or because they blindly hate one side of society so much that it doesn't matter what they're told, shown or directly experience, they're not doing it because the other side wants them to, so there must be some sinister ulterior motive.
    That part is clearly true, just look at the trolling in this thread. If those guys aren't paid by the word, then what the fuck is the point?! His tombstone read, I got covid to win an internet argument with a stranger

But the motives are mixed when you look at the wider population. For some it's group think (facebook think). And for some it's just one of the last few things within their control. Can't not go to my job at the amazon fulfillment center where I don't even get piss breaks, or I'll lose my doublewide/shit rental/van that I live in, but I'll be damned if they're gonna stick a needle in me!

Widespread Panic will require proof of vaccination or a negative covid test in Asheville, NC.

Fuck yeah. The hippies and grifter lovers are pissed.

Of course they'll fake their cards whatever. The pressure needs to be there to knock some sense into people.

https://widespreadpanic.com/2021/07/...ille-nc-shows/
    July 30, 2021

COVID-19 Protocol for Asheville, NC Shows

COVID-19 Protocol for Asheville, NC, August 6th, 7th, & 8th

Proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test (within the last 48 hrs) will be needed for entry into the venue. A nasal swab COVID test will be available at a closely located area for those seeking immediate proof of their COVID status.
    The State of NC has strongly encouraged mask wearing in public indoor venues for all vaccinated and unvaccinated citizens. Widespread Panic Band and Crew members support this protective measure – helping to ensure the safety of everyone in attendance.
    If you have purchased a ticket and don’t feel comfortable with the protocols above, you may request and receive a refund. For those seeking a refund, instructions for requesting one will be sent from Ticketmaster to ticket holders Saturday July 31st.
    Widespread Panic has always hoped to co-create an atmosphere of celebration through Music and dance. All concertgoers are our partners in creating that space. The Band and Management have been consulting with contacts at the CDC in an unofficial capacity throughout the Pandemic. This is our guidance:
    Please get vaccinated.
    If you are flu-symptomatic, stay home.
    If you have been in contact with someone infected with COVID, stay home.
    Everyone should wear a mask. Masks will be made available for those needing one.
    Respect one another, and arrive Home safely.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

turn on AM radio, news max or the like, they're being fed fake news propaganda. they can't help it, it has them by the brain stem (and I use brain loosely)

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Start to think is an interesting turn of phrase for you, but even assuming 99.7% survive (you're wrong), you want to ignore all the people hospitalized who end up with serious problems (I know someone currently awaiting a lung transplant due to covid--he and a bunch of other people who didn't think covid was a big deal all got together and infected each other in November--but people like that don't concern you, I guess; don't worry, he might soon go into the mortality column, anyway). And .3% is not a trivial percentage (I wouldn't do something if I knew I had a .3% chance of dying). Anyway, again, your number is wrong:

Attachment 381093

Wow, 18 months in and we have someone who doesn't know the difference between IFR and CFR.

Make no misteak

if Covid originated in America

you would have had to pay for it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    huh? China was internally slow to report cases because, duh, it’s a soul crushing bureaucracy of commies. Once it got too large to ignore they responded stiffly, but it’s hardly a paragon of efficiency despite the image they relentlessly work to project.
    That is so. I agree China is no paragon of efficiency, and they have plenty of internal problems, and I'd prefer they have different government. Despite these problems, within weeks of the first cases, they recognized a new virus was present, isolated it, genetically sequenced it, and alerted WHO. They also developed and shared a working PCR test.

Given Wuhan is a center of international commerce with regular flights around the world, it's expected Covid was also present outside China in December/January. None of the world's other bureaucracies sounded the alarm. A conspiracy theorist might say the non-China bureaucracies are indeed faster and more efficient, but also cunning and decided to let China take the fall. Ridiculous, but equal to other reasoning posted here.

Our (USA) bureaucracy is still trying to convince us Covid is a dangerous disease (it is), and we should take countermeasures (get the shot, wear a mask, etc).

Welcome to bureaucracies. The hairless ape's best invention, enables (and hampers) most of the other inventions
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Make no misteak

if Covid originated in America

you would have had to pay for it
    It almost certainly didn't, and yet we are paying dearly

In BC we had 3 heli ops shut down due to covid early on, so these are really nice people with a lot of money who fly around the worldojng things BUT dangerous as hell

In comparison it would have been safe to share a bottle of cooking sherry with the local indigent population cuz they don't go any where but to the liquor store

It almost certainly didn't, and yet we are paying dearly
    Ever thing has a hidden cost eh

Despite these problems, within weeks of the first cases, they recognized a new virus was present, isolated it, genetically sequenced it, and alerted WHO
    The timeline is one of the sources of contention.

Name:  IMG_1170.JPG
Views: 425
Size:  117.2 KB

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    That part is clearly true, just look at the trolling in this thread. If those guys aren't paid by the word, then what the fuck is the point?! His tombstone read, I got covid to win an internet argument with a stranger
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1627700315.083366.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	381122