Page 280 of 905 FirstFirst ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 22602
  1. #6976
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    18,312
    You should make grilled cheese sandwiches for them.

  2. #6977
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    28,496
    Dropping acid gives one a powerful lust for grilled cheese ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  3. #6978
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    18,312
    Never been to a Grateful Dead show?

  4. #6979
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    28,496
    they never made it up narth, I can imagine the problems getting a tour bus full of drugs past the CBS

    being a deadhead is one of the things you couldnt really do while averaging 50hrs a week for 30 yars
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  5. #6980
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    12,885
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    whats your position in healthcare
    Scrub nurse


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #6981
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    21,604
    Magnet or Potato? You choose.


    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  7. #6982
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    28,496
    Is the potato magnetic ?

    can you still eat the potato ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  8. #6983
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,801
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    can you still eat the potato ?
    I think it's required

  9. #6984
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    18,312
    Will it work with a dan Quayle potatoe?

  10. #6985
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    28,496
    The potato lobby should be totally on this shit
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  11. #6986
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    The potato lobby should be totally on this shit
    Big Potato


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  12. #6987
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    25,673
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Is the potato magnetic ?
    No one knows how magnets works, so the best we can say is: possibly.

  13. #6988
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    28,496
    I almost spit my wine on the screen

    but you know I had that hesitancy thing happening eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  14. #6989
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    valley of the heart's delight
    Posts
    1,975
    Potatoe also works. Just remove the 'e' before eating.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

  15. #6990
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,799
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Scrub nurse


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    so are you advocating for unmasked surgeons?
    if so whats the benefit?
    this is a current topic for me as i recently had my supraspinatus & infraspinatus reattached
    the pre surgery cleaning and prep I was required to do was a little over the top, IMO, compared to what was requested of me 2 years ago for my ACL replacement

  16. #6991
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,136
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    We had a vaccinated employee test positive last week. Our recent in office days had overlapped.

    Plus my wife had been flying for work.

    So we just both did the Ellume home test.

    Damn slick technology: Load app, instruction video, bluetooth connection to analyzer, step by step instructions on app - nose swab, dip in magic liquid, five drops of that into analyzer, 15 minutes for (negative) results. Email & text of results.

    A positive result would instantly update national statistics by zip code.

    Impressed.
    Can't they just scan the chip in your arm from the shot?

    I also had a co-worker tell me his wife tested positive. Sounds like a fairly moderate case, with fever, cough and sore throat. But that was last week. Hopefully that was the worst of it. He's self quarantining now. Luckily wasn't exposed to him. I hope he decides to get the shot now. He's in a high risk category too. Trying not to browbeat my anti-vax co-workers but this kind of stuff just makes me SMH.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  17. #6992
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    33,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Can't they just scan the chip in your arm from the shot?

    I also had a co-worker tell me his wife tested positive. Sounds like a fairly moderate case, with fever, cough and sore throat. But that was last week. Hopefully that was the worst of it. He's self quarantining now. Luckily wasn't exposed to him. I hope he decides to get the shot now. He's in a high risk category too. Trying not to browbeat my anti-vax co-workers but this kind of stuff just makes me SMH.
    As I mentioned the positive colleague was vaccinated. To be allowed back into any of our offices we are required to show proof of vaccination.

    Now to go back into that office if you'd been in there the previous 14 days before his positive test... requires proof of a negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  18. #6993
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    12,885
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    so are you advocating for unmasked surgeons?
    if so whats the benefit?
    this is a current topic for me as i recently had my supraspinatus & infraspinatus reattached
    the pre surgery cleaning and prep I was required to do was a little over the top, IMO, compared to what was requested of me 2 years ago for my ACL replacement
    Iím not advocating unmasked scrub personnel. A mask is for our protection and they protect the patient if you were to cough or sneeze directly in the wound.

    As far as the prep for your shoulder surgery, the bacteria in your armpit is nasty, more so than what you find around your knee.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  19. #6994
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,437
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    ......
    As far as the prep for your shoulder surgery, the bacteria in your armpit is nasty, more so than what you find around your knee.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Smells own armpit ......... Checks out!

  20. #6995
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,799
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m not advocating unmasked scrub personnel. A mask is for our protection and they protect the patient if you were to cough or sneeze directly in the wound.

    As far as the prep for your shoulder surgery, the bacteria in your armpit is nasty, more so than what you find around your knee.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I was required to put on clean sheets (and clean cloths, duh) plus spread this shit, hibiclens, on me the night before

    PS- On-Q nerve blocks are awesome
    PPS-cant my pit germs travel to my knee?
    PPPS-armpit masks?!

  21. #6996
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    12,885
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I was required to put on clean sheets (and clean cloths, duh) plus spread this shit, hibiclens, on me the night before

    PS- On-Q nerve blocks are awesome
    PPS-cant my pit germs travel to my knee?
    PPPS-armpit masks?!
    Hibiclens, chlorahexadine, is pretty standard home pre op prep these days.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #6997
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    21,604
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Hibiclens, chlorahexadine, is pretty standard home pre op prep these days.



    Yup. I love Hibiclens.

    Great for cat scratches and other superficial wounds. Also good if you get bumps from shaving just don't get it in your eye. Obviously I'm not using it on my face but once when I was applying it to my underarm I got a splash that ended up in my eye - not good!
    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  23. #6998
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    8,915
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/26/u...mid=tw-nytimes

    VA now requiring vaccination. You go girl.

  24. #6999
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    21,415
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    Ugh, the most frustrating thing of this entire pandemic: the politicization of personal healthcare decisions and emergency public health management. Fuck 'em.
    The issue of personal rights vs societal benefit is a legitimate topic of discussion. It's long been accepted that people can be quarantined or otherwise restricted or required to undergo treatment for infectious diseases. That doesn't mean it will always be accepted. Unfortunately what we've been enduring for the last year plus is not a discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    so are you advocating for unmasked surgeons?
    if so whats the benefit?
    this is a current topic for me as i recently had my supraspinatus & infraspinatus reattached
    the pre surgery cleaning and prep I was required to do was a little over the top, IMO, compared to what was requested of me 2 years ago for my ACL replacement
    More a question of what's the harm. Just like wearing a mask in a store. Wearing a mask in the OR doesn't bother anyone. Most of us would feel naked without it. It doesn't seem worth arguing over. The problem is that while there is no good evidence that they help there is no good evidence that they don't--so given the low cost and risk they are likely to be around for a while.

    Why gloves in the OR? Because William Halsted's scrub nurse (later his wife) couldn't tolerate the carbolic acid hand washing so she wore gloves before she washed. From there the practice spread.

  25. #7000
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,515
    Maybe we shouldn't flippantly use the word 'hoax' during a pandemic. Related: dying isn't the only potential negative outcome.

    "An Alabama mom who firmly believed the coronavirus was a hoax regrets not getting her family vaccinated after Covid killed her autistic son."

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...Rly?li=BBnbfcL

    "The mom said that after leaving the hospital she could not drive or work until late May and remains on pulmonary therapy. Carpenter told the paper she is still suffering from fatigue, hair loss and 'covid brain.' "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •