Page 278 of 624 FirstFirst ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 15580
  1. #6926
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    It's just amazing to watch you guys try to dismiss me as some deplorable troll when you can't find anything I've posted that wasn't valid. Some interesting psychology on display.
    Are you kidding me? Surgeons discovered over 100 years ago that they need to wash their hands and wear masks so they don't kill their patients, and you're looking at studies fine by idiots with some ideology to support?

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  2. #6927
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    ...submitting an op-ed to NYT, and complaining about the editors stripping out all the science. NYT's justification is their publication needs to be understandable to people with fifth grade level education. I posit that NYT's readers are smarter than the national average. With a fifth grade education, statistics doesn't exist, they don't even have algebra. Critical thinking skills aren't well developed either. Even among college grads, in many fields, their knowledge may not exceed a fifth grade level
    There's a part of me that wants to say this last statement kind of justifies the editors' stance, but I think it's more accurate to extend your position further and say that NYT readers are more committed than the average to reality and more willing to be brought face to face with the limits of their knowledge. Given the Sunday crossword as a social phenomenon, you might even suspect that's what they want from the Times. Pity if the editors are less committed than their readers.

  3. #6928
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Meiss Meadows
    Posts
    1,755
    Potential cross-post to the Amuses Me thread :

    It is hilarious that a person who is on a high percentage of Ignore lists is butt-hurt that he canít find someone who cares about his prior posts.

  4. #6929
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,303
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Thus thread delivers.
    Attachment 380355
    This guy here is doing it right.

  5. #6930
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Are you kidding me? Surgeons discovered over 100 years ago that they need to wash their hands and wear masks so they don't kill their patients, and you're looking at studies fine by idiots with some ideology to support?

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Bit of a difference between surgeons sticking unwashed fingers inside a wound and spreading of a respiratory virus amongst people. We know that spread of COVID from surfaces is minimal, so it makes sense hand washing would have little effect.

    There is plenty of evidence that mask use in medical settings is unnecessary - I posted studies on this a few days ago.

    What are these studies from idiots with some ideology? There were some anti-mask zealots pre COVID publishing studies to support their views?!?!

  6. #6931
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The similar size thing is a good example again. Obviously anyone who understands math knows that if you have two objects that share two or three specific similarities and you want to use one to stand in for the other you have to avoid introducing other variables. For instance, if two pathogens transmit differently (or that isn't known) but have similar size you wouldn't want to use a test that looks at transmission as a way to compare their particle mechanics. But you might be able to get away with looking at their particle mechanics independent of things like infection. Your selection is a misapplication for that reason, so kudos on your continued consistency, you're killing it!
    They are spread the same way (scroll down): https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

    I never saw any "section on hand washing" as you say. But I'll admit I did read a little more than just the abstract. You're keeping your interaction with it to a minimum, though, and I applaud that. It's very on brand. Highlighting combined is like some sort of savant-level, though--you write it as if it really means something even though it's obviously irrelevant. Genius.
    It says "Hand Hygiene" right above the section you quoted. There is a a section labeled "Face Masks" lower down.

    The sentence you quoted is for both hand washing and mask wearing combined. And yes the word combined is significant in this instance.
    Last edited by ron johnson; 07-24-2021 at 03:35 PM.

  7. #6932
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    There is plenty of evidence that mask use in medical settings is unnecessary - I posted studies on this a few days ago.
    dumb cunt post of the decade

    go into any hospital and tell that to a doctor

  8. #6933
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,501
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    dumb cunt post of the decade

    go into any hospital and tell that to a doctor
    Could you stop quoting him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  9. #6934
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,378
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    dumb cunt post of the decade

    go into any hospital and tell that to a doctor
    Doctors are sheeple.

    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1853618/

    Baaaaaa

    https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti...ncontrol/16278
    ďIím a subhuman jizz monkeyĒ

    Thx mods. Itís an awesome signature.

  10. #6935
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    dumb cunt post of the decade

    go into any hospital and tell that to a doctor
    Dumb cunt post of the decade is 100% factual.

    You think any doctor has actually studied masks? Whether they work or not it's custom at this point.

  11. #6936
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    31,044
    Why wouldn’t doctors want to protect themselves, in any case?
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  12. #6937
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,076
    RJ. Doesn't it freak you out that you can never be certain that your mother is really your mother? I mean, You were there yet will never really know. How can you sleep not knowing for sure?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  13. #6938
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Could you stop quoting him?
    my apologies

    https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/wh...ors-wear-masks
    David Mulligan, MD, chief of transplant surgery and immunology, knows the importance of masks even beyond the operating room. “When we make rounds, for example, on significantly immuno-compromised patients, we will have a mask on to try to help protect those patients from the spread of disease and to try to protect other patients from bringing potential pathogens like bacteria and viruses from one room to the next,” he says.

    Hear their explanations on why mask-wearing is important for doctors in this video.


    https://pubs.asahq.org/anesthesiolog...cessary-in-the
    Face masks are worn by all operating room personnel when treating patients susceptible to infections as in neurosurgery, vascular, and orthopedic procedures involving implants and regional anesthesia procedures (e.g. , spinal or epidural). Face masks are also used to protect staff from contamination. All personnel wear face masks when taking care of trauma patients or patients with blood-borne infections.

    Our decision to no longer require routine surgical masks for personnel not scrubbed for surgery is a departure from common practice. But the evidence to support this practice does not exist, and studies to establish differences in infection rates with or without face masks will likely be difficult to design and implement given the small potential effect.

  14. #6939
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    12 and 30 year old articles. you're an even dumber cunt

  15. #6940
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,884
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    12 and 30 year old articles. you're an even dumber cunt
    and he's married to a doctor....course what does it say about her if she married a failed lawyer / slum lord

  16. #6941
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,378
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    12 and 30 year old articles. you're an even dumber cunt
    I could search and post more. But idgaf

    Ron Jeremy posted some shit. And there are plenty of studies. But we don’t believe in science anymore unless it’s the “science” rammed down our throats by the media.

    Masks are great for surgeons not to sneeze on your wounds

    Masks are helpful for covid sneezers.

    You thinking a mask will filter a virus and save your life?
    Whatevs.
    ďIím a subhuman jizz monkeyĒ

    Thx mods. Itís an awesome signature.

  17. #6942
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,112
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    dumb cunt post of the decade

    go into any hospital and tell that to a doctor
    Well, weíve been talking about this for years in the OR. In other countries, first world, personnel that arenít scrubbed in at the field donít wear masks. This includes anesthesia. The medical community is very dogmatic and often continues to do things that are unnecessary or make no sense for years. I remember first hearing about the mask thing 25(?) years ago. I think of a mask more as ppe than protecting the patient.

    When you deal with respiratory illnesses thatís a different story. Even a very basic understanding of physics would lead you to the conclusion that a mask will block some of the viral load from being expelled into the immediate atmosphere. Trying to deny this seems like willful ignorance.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #6943
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    31,044
    Even if it’s efficacy is only 2% greater, a mask is such an easy fucking thing to wear, why wouldn’t you? 2% could be the all the difference.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  19. #6944
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,122
    Filtration is not the primary benefit of masks. The reason they work better when worn by the infected is that they slow the spread of exhaled particles. Filtration reduces that number in proportion as well, but the fact that there's such a large difference in effectiveness depending on who wears it should tell you that filtration is secondary compared to, in effect, increasing the distance between people.

    But whatevs indeed. Look who's arguing the point.

  20. #6945
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Well, we’ve been talking about this for years in the OR. In other countries, first world, personnel that aren’t scrubbed in at the field don’t wear masks. This includes anesthesia. The medical community is very dogmatic and often continues to do things that are unnecessary or make no sense for years. I remember first hearing about the mask thing 25(?) years ago. I think of a mask more as ppe than protecting the patient.

    When you deal with respiratory illnesses that’s a different story. Even a very basic understanding of physics would lead you to the conclusion that a mask will block some of the viral load from being expelled into the immediate atmosphere. Trying to deny this seems like willful ignorance.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I read the article by the anesthesiologist, kinda makes some sense. My sister, who has her masters, has been a nurse for 40 years, is shocked by the number of medical professionals that think the way RJ and others do (even if it's 3-5%). You can't fix stupid. Because the situation we're in IS respiratory and un masked for surgery procedures is a completely different topic. You still won't find many DR's going sans masks

  21. #6946
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,112

    To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I read the article by the anesthesiologist, kinda makes some sense. My sister, who has her masters, has been a nurse for 40 years, is shocked by the number of medical professionals that think the way RJ and others do (even if it's 3-5%). You can't fix stupid. Because the situation we're in IS respiratory and un masked for surgery procedures is a completely different topic. You still won't find many DR's going sans masks
    I think masks make sense in close quarters for respiratory illness, I posted that.

    The reason you wonít find many physicians going sans mask in the OR is because the policies require them. Those policies arenít based on anything, itís a case of ďweíve always done it this wayĒ and a militant nursing organization, AORN, flexing their muscle no matter how misguided it may be. Itís a political in the workplace. Iíve been dealing with this shit for 33 years now.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #6947
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    754
    Nah fuck it.

  23. #6948
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,378
    The reason masks don't do a lot of good in the OR is that the great majority of surgical infections are from bacteria on the patient's skin or inside of them. They do block spurting blood from getting into the surgeon's mouth and catch the snot if they sneeze.
    The most important place to wear a mask is at an immunocompromised patient's bedside or with patient's with communicable respiratory infections, especially TB (which requires an N95 for the HCW and a surgical mask for the patient.)

  24. #6949
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,029
    JFC, some Reich wing nut news source points this out, now maga morons are using this to bolster their position on covid. OR's are sterile as fuck. Maskless unvaxxed MAGA morons are the problem. Can't compare masks in the OR vs masks for a respiratory pandemic

  25. #6950
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,378
    Bless your heart
    ďIím a subhuman jizz monkeyĒ

    Thx mods. Itís an awesome signature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •