Page 273 of 714 FirstFirst ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 17843
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Re breakthroughs.

There is now a body of data that suggests double vaxxed people are 85-88% protected against symptomatic disease from Delta, and 96% against hospitalization.

But that means 1 in 8 vaccinated people will still get breakthrough cases, "mild" is subjective but vaxxed typically have 40% less virus at peak viremia. So also less likely to transmit as well.
    effectiveness means that given an equal number of folks vaccinated and unvaccinated, 88% of the folks who show up symptomatic will turn out to not have had the vaccine.

this is very different than "1 in 8 people will still get sick"

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    According to that study, you shouldn’t wash your hands either! Not surprising Ron Johnson is literally smearing shit everywhere he goes. What a dumbass. For those that may recall the global warming thread, this is the same guy who didn’t understand basic statistics nor could he read a graph.
    That shouldn't be a surprising finding since we know that COVID isn't spread through surfaces. Is your head so far in the sand that you still don't know this? Still wiping down your groceries?

This is the classic nuefox response. Whenever I make a post he has no counter to he reverts to talking about how I misread ONE graph out of the hundreds I've posted. 900 posts and it's all anyone has on me.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    “Masks clearly have nothing to do with low flu infections because flu is down everywhere, regardless of mask usage. Viral interference theory makes the most sense to me.”

I missed this gem too. Of course the village idiot thinks that COVID infections are the reason the flu is down. Yea, didn’t you know such significant portions of the population got Covid that everyone is immune to the flu now? Ron Johnson is about to win 3 Nobel prizes, first for disproving global warming despite not understanding math or science, the second for discovering masks and hand washing are ineffective and the third for discovering that Covid eradicated the flu.
    I don't have much of an opinion on why the flu has disappeared. All I know is masks have nothing to do with it.

These are my favorite parts;

"... the mechanisms of person-to-person transmission in the community have not been fully determined."

"Most studies were underpowered because of limited sample size, and some studies also reported suboptimal adherence in the face mask group."

But kudos to the authors for pulling together a meta-analysis of shitty individual studies. What could go wrong?

Garbage in - garbage out.

In papers and in the brains of people with zero experience assessing the quality of studies but still were given confidence from their parents that they could do anything! Just do your own research! Anyone can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Both doses of any combo of vaccines.

One dose is looking 33% protection. If anyone went J&J, you might want a second dose of a different flavor.
    You recommend just one shot of either M or P as a follow up to j&j or get both of them? What about interval between? My wife got the j&j in April. What would mofro do?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    These are my favorite parts;

"... the mechanisms of person-to-person transmission in the community have not been fully determined."

"Most studies were underpowered because of limited sample size, and some studies also reported suboptimal adherence in the face mask group."

But kudos to the authors for pulling together a meta-analysis of shitty individual studies. What could go wrong?
    I didn't say it was perfect. All I said is it's the best we have. Find me a better one if you think it's not good enough.

We now have the data from COVID, and they clearly support the findings in the paper.

Lulz. Best is not relevant but now we have a relevant one and it's not the best but trust me....

There's a thread in polyass for ronjon. It's super polite and respectful and stuff. Something about trolls.

Guy in hospital recovering from Covid says he still wouldn’t have gotten the vaccine because the government can’t tell him what to do

https://youtu.be/Z391KqNX_tI

Best part is when he says he won’t get the vaccine because it’s only emergency approved. Then they ask the doctor and he said well so is the medication we treated you with.

Obviously this is purely anecdotal, but I've got to think the drastic reduction in flu cases this past year was primarily due to a huge number of people working from home and kids attending school virtually. Maybe masks helped, but I doubt they were a major factor.

This shit sucks: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...19Zu_O2NCf66tU

Case rates and % positivity rates in California are not good. I can’t find data about breakthrough disease, but continue to read about it in news article from interviews with public health officials.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    I don't have much of an opinion on why the flu has disappeared. All I know is masks have nothing to do with it.
    Are you trying to be obtuse?? Or are you really this fucking ignorant?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Obviously this is purely anecdotal, but I've got to think the drastic reduction in flu cases this past year was primarily due to a huge number of people working from home and kids attending school virtually. Maybe masks helped, but I doubt they were a major factor.
    Counterpoint, schools here in Burlington were open in person all year. Mrs Flounder teaches 2nd grade and for the first time in 25 years wasn’t sick a single time. Not once was there a sickness that spread through the classroom as usual. No days with multiple students out. The change this year, everyone was masked all the time.

heres a funny
    Name:  0j825lt0byc71.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  43.5 KB

^ Guaranteed a certain percentage of antivaxxers would say the vaccine is producing a new variant that targets the non-vaccinated. That would seem about par for the course for them.

Gotta laugh at the narrative being pushed right now that it's only spreading amongst the unvaxxed when stuff like this just happened:
    5 fully vaccinated Texas House Democrats test positive for COVID-19
    https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/thre...-for-covid-19/
    Where's the Curb Your Enthusiasm outro when you need it? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Gotta laugh at the narrative being pushed right now that it's only spreading amongst the unvaxxed when stuff like this just happened:
    Don’t be stupid. Your take is neither insightful nor helpful. You’re smart enough to understand the situation.

Would you mind saving me a little time on this? Did these people have symptoms or spread it to anyone or just test positive to a sensitive test?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Would you mind saving me a little time on this? Did these people have symptoms or spread it to anyone or just test positive to a sensitive test?
    Dunno. However, I've had the VERY same questions when we hear all the gloom and doom about rising case numbers, while simultaneously noticing decreases in hospitalizations.
    Harboring the virus =/= "sick."

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Precisely. 97% of people currently hospitalized for Covid are unvaccinated. That says pretty much everything you need to know.

p.s. hospitalizations in the U.S. are up 53% in the last two weeks, Montucky.

Dunno. However, I've had the VERY same questions when we hear all the gloom and doom about rising case numbers, while simultaneously noticing decreases in hospitalizations.
    Are you saying you didn't click the link or that the link you posted omits the relevant information? This is why we can't have nice things.

has anyone tuned into am radio, a fox affiliate?
    they're the ones screaming doom and gloom
    it's the radical alt reich's last attempt to brainwash it's fearmongered base to not lose any more members
    normal tv and radio are reporting the numbers and facts
    montfucky must be so dumb it can't pull it's head out of it's ass

you "dunno"? it's right there in your article:

“My first reaction was concern for the health of my colleagues who tested positive for COVID-19,” State Rep. James Talarico, D-Round Rock, told KXAN Saturday. Talarico said he and the rest of his Democratic delegation in D.C. were being tested for COVID-19 daily. “Thankfully… my three colleagues who have tested positive don’t feel any symptoms, and they feel fine, which is probably a result of being fully vaccinated.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

The news coverage about the current cases related to the Texas delegates is pretty spotty, from what I can tell. NPR story from a few days ago mentions no to mild symptoms, and is not clear if the White House staffer, Congress person, and the few congressional staffers (all vaxed) were being infected from the Texas delegates or if they have family that are infected. Since the halls of Congress have been a maskfree environment, I bet contract tracing will be nearly impossible.

The anecdotal story/thread that I posted, all adults were Pfizer vaxed and the children were not. All had symptomatic disease. The “source” of the infection had recently attend several large indoor maskfree gatherings.

It also seems like gloating that vaccinated people are still testing positive makes about as much sense as laughing when someone dies in a car accident even though they were wearing a seatbelt.