Page 258 of 929 FirstFirst ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    There's no vaccine, no law, and no regulation that will satisfy a power-hungry bureaucrat. EVER.
    ^You hear this sort of claim a lot....but do they every get to the *why*? Like, what's in it for these so-called bureaucrats to push for public heath measures? What's their nefarious end game? Something scary like a demonstrable improvement to a crisis situation?

re: long term issues and bad vaccine judgment. I was reading this today about how Grandjunkyard is a Delta variant hot-hot spot:

"“It’s just nice to see people’s faces again,” said Sondgeroth, who lives in Grand Junction and previously had COVID-19. She described it as one of the mildest illnesses she’s ever had, though her senses of taste and smell have not returned to normal. Watermelon tastes rotten to her, beer tasted like Windex for a while and her daughter said Sondgeroth can’t smell certain flowers anymore.

Sondgeroth said she’s holding off on getting vaccinated until more research comes out."

https://www.durangoherald.com/articl...delta-variant/

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    <snip>

"Sondgeroth said she’s holding off on getting vaccinated until more research comes out."
    This is such a disingenuous response. There's NO fucking way they change their mind when "more research comes out" as to the safety and efficacy of the vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This is such a disingenuous response. There's NO fucking way they change their mind when "more research comes out" as to the safety and efficacy of the vaccines.
    I mean, sure she can't smell or taste but that leaves 3 senses so a majority of them left I guess. Hence mild. Vaccines might make you yawny for a day so best to hold out for more fact finding on yoootubers.

Pfizer to ask for booster authorization

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ine-booster-us
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Somehow I am on Rand Paul’s email list. Here is the latest from that dipshit:

Harry, the COVID hysteria has already gone on too long…

And these power-hungry bureaucrats don’t want to let go!

That’s probably why we’re hearing a lot about this new spooky “delta variant.”

Don’t let the fear mongers win. New public England study of delta variant shows 44 deaths out of 53,822 (.08%) in the unvaccinated group.

We must stand strong on the side of science and refuse to allow another lockdown, more regulation, and more useless rules.

If you ask me, enough is enough! If you agree, please chip in today to join my fight.
    By donating below, you are making an immediate contribution:
    ONE CLICK DONATE: $100
    ONE CLICK DONATE: $75
    ONE CLICK DONATE: $50
    ONE CLICK DONATE: $25
    If you've saved payment information with WinRed, your donation will go through automatically.
    Harry, if we allow this nonsense of the "safety at all costs" narrative to continue, we're never going to be a free country again.

There's no vaccine, no law, and no regulation that will satisfy a power-hungry bureaucrat. EVER.

We cannot allow our country to be shut down and our businesses destroyed over an illness most healthy individuals will recover from.

No matter what “variant” they’re trying to scare us with, freedom must prevail.

That's why I'm putting my foot down. I will not believe the hype.

I refuse to allow this chaos to become permanent, Harry.

I have real power as a U.S. Senator to expose these bureaucrats and their endless theatrics, but I can't do it alone.

I need to show strength against the bureaucracy. Would you please chip in $100, $50, $25, or $10 to help out?

Together, I know you and I can stop them. And we can't give up until we do.
    In Liberty,
    Rand Paul
    Paid for by Rand Paul for Senate
    This email was sent to harry@bestskieronthemountain.com
    Contribution rules:
    I am a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (i.e., green card holder).
    This contribution is made from my own funds, and funds are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
    I am making this contribution with my own personal credit card and not with a corporate or business credit card or a card issued to another person.
    I am at least eighteen years old. I am not, nor am I making this contribution on behalf of, a corporation, labor organization, national bank, foreign national without a green card, a federal contractor, or any other federally impermissible source.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Lol @ somehow

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    “It’s just nice to see people’s faces again,” said Sondgeroth, who lives in Grand Junction and previously had COVID-19. She described it as one of the mildest illnesses she’s ever had, though her senses of taste and smell have not returned to normal. Watermelon tastes rotten to her, beer tasted like Windex for a while and her daughter said Sondgeroth can’t smell certain flowers anymore.

Sondgeroth said she’s holding off on getting vaccinated until more research comes out."

https://www.durangoherald.com/articl...delta-variant/
    Name:  5fwhxr.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  93.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    That article won't pop up for me, but interestingly enough I did just do a pre / post analysis at a very high level. Even six months after a COVID diagnoses (lab - minor case OR hospital - serious case) members that have had COVID are about 40% more likely to be admitted to a hospital then those that have not had it. Haven't looked at other types of claims or dug into what they're in there for yet though.
    That's an awesome data point. The kinda post that makes TGR threads definitive sources of knowledge: stuff that's not available everywhere.

Out of curiosity, how many members did you look at and how did you select them, or can you just look at all of them? Selection bias is a weakness in the study CBC reported, but it seems like you may not have that problem.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Somehow I am on Rand Paul’s email list. Here is the latest from that dipshit:

Harry, the COVID hysteria has already gone on too long…

And these power-hungry bureaucrats don’t want to let go!

That’s probably why we’re hearing a lot about this new spooky “delta variant.”

Don’t let the fear mongers win. New public England study of delta variant shows 44 deaths out of 53,822 (.08%) in the unvaccinated group.

We must stand strong on the side of science and refuse to allow another lockdown, more regulation, and more useless rules.

If you ask me, enough is enough! If you agree, please chip in today to join my fight.
    By donating below, you are making an immediate contribution:
    ONE CLICK DONATE: $100
    ONE CLICK DONATE: $75
    ONE CLICK DONATE: $50
    ONE CLICK DONATE: $25
    If you've saved payment information with WinRed, your donation will go through automatically.
    Harry, if we allow this nonsense of the "safety at all costs" narrative to continue, we're never going to be a free country again.

We cannot allow our country to be shut down and our businesses destroyed over an illness most healthy individuals will recover from.

No matter what “variant” they’re trying to scare us with, freedom must prevail.

That's why I'm putting my foot down. I will not believe the hype.

I refuse to allow this chaos to become permanent, Harry.

I have real power as a U.S. Senator to expose these bureaucrats and their endless theatrics, but I can't do it alone.

I need to show strength against the bureaucracy. Would you please chip in $100, $50, $25, or $10 to help out?

Together, I know you and I can stop them. And we can't give up until we do.
    In Liberty,
    Rand Paul
    Paid for by Rand Paul for Senate
    This email was sent to harry@bestskieronthemountain.com
    Contribution rules:
    I am a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (i.e., green card holder).
    This contribution is made from my own funds, and funds are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
    I am making this contribution with my own personal credit card and not with a corporate or business credit card or a card issued to another person.
    I am at least eighteen years old. I am not, nor am I making this contribution on behalf of, a corporation, labor organization, national bank, foreign national without a green card, a federal contractor, or any other federally impermissible source.

email him back and ask if i can venmo some ducketts to his neighbor
    to kick his sad ass again
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Seeing LA county spiking with the Delta variant. Am I stupid to fly in in a few weeks with my unvaccinated kid?

I wouldn't fly anywhere with an unvaccinated kid. (Typed while sitting next to my 8 year old grand nephew who flew up from Socal but it wasn't my call.)

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Seeing LA county spiking with the Delta variant. Am I stupid to fly in in a few weeks with my unvaccinated kid?
    What are you planning to do in LA? Can you get an n95/kn95 for your kid for the traveling part.

We’re not traveling with our unvaxed kids, mostly because one seems to fit into a high risk category.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    It's definitely stupid.

But not because of COVID or your unvaccinated kid.

not sure if it's been posted here yet:

Whether Republicans Get Vaccinated Has A Lot To Do With If They Watch Fox News … Or OANN
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...yond-fox-news/
    Overall, Republicans were among those most likely to say they’re hesitant or resistant to getting vaccinated. But 58 percent of Republicans who get their news from mainstream outlets and 54 percent of Republicans who get their news from Fox News said they had either already received a dose of a COVID-19 vaccine or would get vaccinated as soon as possible. Just 32 percent of Republicans who get their news from far-right news sources said the same. What’s more, 32 percent of these Republicans said they would refuse the vaccine, versus 11 percent of Republicans who get their news from mainstream outlets and 16 percent of Republicans who get their news from Fox News. That said, all three groups of Republicans expressed similar levels of hesitancy about getting vaccinated — 31 percent of mainstream news Republicans and 29 percent of Fox News Republicans said they weren’t sure if they’d get vaccinated, compared to 37 percent of far-right news Republicans who said the same.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I prefer to liken them to fucking bums with a cardboard sign.
    That's a little extreme. Yeah, they're selfish assholes, but I don't think they're really tantamount to raping the indigent with repurposed paper products.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Fucking bums with cardboard signs.

Kinky

The sign says “will let you shove this cardboard up my ass for food”
    . . .

20k cases a day in the last four while the country throws out spoiling vaccine. shameful
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    20k cases a day in the last four while the country throws out spoiling vaccine. shameful
    We really are full of fucking mindless idiots.

Anyone care to comment on this piece?

https://alethonews.com/2021/06/23/re...wPMIq1YOGc46hg

looks pretty scary, should i get unvaccinated?

also, do we need licensing to disseminate information on the web? wtf is with these sites, and none of the propaganda munchers ever come back to say mea culpa.

so anyway, small sample size, doesn’t account for combo editors like age, etc.

here’s an article about it too.

https://www.wcnc.com/mobile/article/...0-8c3fe7489b2e
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

MultiVerse had a purdy picture some 7 pages ago (before all that bizarre shit-bag talk) that might be pertinent to this question.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

What the?

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

Couple of things. First--one dose doesn't work for delta. Second--if you get covid after being fully vaccinated there's probably something wrong with you--age, serious other illness, immune compromise--so you're in a group with a higher risk of dying regardless of vaccination status. Third--the numbers are too small to be statistically significant. (That's a good thing.)
    The important thing is not whether you die if you get covid. The important thing is whether you get covid. In terms of the overall chance of an individual dying of Covid and in terms of the spread of the disease in the community there is no question that vaccination protects against both, including delta.
    While the paper doesn't look at risk factors it seems like a good idea for the highest risk groups to continue masking and distancing. At least until nearly everyone is fully vaccinated, i.e. when hell freezes over.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Couple of things. First--one dose doesn't work for delta. Second--if you get covid after being fully vaccinated there's probably something wrong with you--age, serious other illness, immune compromise--so you're in a group with a higher risk of dying regardless of vaccination status..
    Yeah. My 51 year old bride that works out every day and takes no meds is super high risk.

OK.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Yeah. My 51 year old bride that works out every day and takes no meds is super high risk.

OK.
    Is she supposed to be taking some, too?
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

I keep her heavily sedated to avoid divorce and alimony
    . . .