Page 224 of 929 FirstFirst ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 23206
    Name:  2b9mb3agxvz61.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  38.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ases-1.5890027

high rates of Covid in rural Alberta
    that report is from Jan, not to say that its still not case

Have to wonder if vac hesitancy, which is high in AB, is even higher in rural areas. As that other CBC poll stated the highest correlation is populism which always seems to high in the rural folks.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Pretty good thread about vaccine hesitancy. #getvaccinated

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...277574146.html

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Any reason these guys aren't at close to 100% or at least North of 80%?? The responses here were honestly a bit surprising!:

Probably for a mix of reasons, one of which was mentioned in the video, among them (a) we can't know because you dont have to tell us, (b) numbers are consistent with the current vax rate in the country, (c) some people are waiting to get vaccinated and (d) some people are morons.

Speaking to point (d), I saw a facebook post today from a long time friend that is a nurse by previous trade but has buckets of money and now uses her time and money to travel the world assisting with pediatric care in 3rd world countries, in the trenches. She also sits on the same Board I do, that is related to pediatric hospice care and has always struck me as a smart, competent person. And then appears her vax hesitant post on FB. Blew me away.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Name:  2b9mb3agxvz61.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  38.9 KB
    boom. Indeniably the same people claiming National voter fraud

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    As of today, 60% of the country is covered. I's suggest it's not unreasonable to think there's a further 10-15% who are unvaccinated, yet were infected at some point. What has happened in 14 months is absolutely astonishing.

Attachment 374987
    I feel like a goddam broken record player, and feel like you should know better, but your image in no way shows that 60% of the country is covered. That is 60% of 18+ adults with at least one shot. I will give you the shorthand of counting a single shot as "covered", but FFS how many times do parents have to point out that kids are people who might want the vaccine but cannot yet get it? Sixty percent of the population is not "covered". 47.7% is "covered" according to your graphic.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I’m hearing the trials starting up for kids under 12 aren’t going to be complete until November. Not sure if that’s accurate but it spells out a long road ahead still for those of us with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I’m hearing the trials starting up for kids under 12 aren’t going to be complete until November. Not sure if that’s accurate but it spells out a long road ahead still for those of us with kids.
    The last I saw was Pfizer anticipating seeking the EUA in September for some age group (can't recall exactly). I have not heard details on what Moderna is anticipating. And of course, that is all subject to change, so maybe the Pfizer thing has changed? That was just what was reported when the 12-15 group was approved.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I like to think that someone like you is just unbalanced enough to put a gun to his head and pull the trigger. It's a nice thought
    Really ain't much fuckin sadder than suicide encouragement
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Yes I agree, take a lap Lee.
    New Hampshire leading the country in jabs, 68% with at least one shot.
    What the fuck is going on in Utah, Wyoming and Idaho? Get the jab beaters.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    New Hampshire leading the country in jabs, 68% with at least one shot.
    Hey! That's a way higher percentage than the employees at the NIH! Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The last I saw was Pfizer anticipating seeking the EUA in September for some age group (can't recall exactly). I have not heard details on what Moderna is anticipating. And of course, that is all subject to change, so maybe the Pfizer thing has changed? That was just what was reported when the 12-15 group was approved.
    Pfizer planning to request EUA for ages 2-11 in September, 6 months to 2 years sometime in Q4. Also requesting approval to store at standard refrigerator temperatures for up to 10 weeks, which should help with distribution in developing countries.

Pages 3-4: https://s21.q4cdn.com/317678438/file...arks-FINAL.pdf

FWIW, and I don't remember exact numbers, but I looked at a vax study CDC published on nursing homes. In the study, >90% of residents got vaxxed, but less than half of the staff. Hmm...

Now before anyone goes concluding the staff must know something... the vaxxed were 90% less likely to test positive for covid, and similarly less likely to get sick or die.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    What the fuck is going on in Utah, Wyoming and Idaho? Get the jab beaters.
    Have to met the people here?
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    FWIW, and I don't remember exact numbers, but I looked at a vax study CDC published on nursing homes. In the study, >90% of residents got vaxxed, but less than half of the staff. Hmm...

Now before anyone goes concluding the staff must know something... the vaxxed were 90% less likely to test positive for covid, and similarly less likely to get sick or die.
    The elephant we're ignoring in nursing homes is that a significant portion of workers are just what you'd expect if you train previously unskilled laborers on the job so you can keep them captive and underpay them. I bet Benny can tell us how much the average retiree can afford to pay for these institutions.

Beat me to the punch.

Why aren’t the science nerds at the science NIH etc not getting the vax?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I feel like a goddam broken record player, and feel like you should know better, but your image in no way shows that 60% of the country is covered. That is 60% of 18+ adults with at least one shot. I will give you the shorthand of counting a single shot as "covered", but FFS how many times do parents have to point out that kids are people who might want the vaccine but cannot yet get it? Sixty percent of the population is not "covered". 47.7% is "covered" according to your graphic.
    You're absolutely right of course, and that's a big fuckup in my post. Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The elephant we're ignoring in nursing homes is that a significant portion of workers are just what you'd expect if you train previously unskilled laborers on the job so you can keep them captive and underpay them. I bet Benny can tell us how much the average retiree can afford to pay for these institutions.
    A nursing home is staffed with a handful of nurses and a lot of nurses' aides, custodians, kitchen staff--a lot of poor, poorly educated POC with the same high rate of vaccine hesitancy as others in that demographic, on top of which a lot of the patients they care for are the end product of less than perfect medical intervention, so they have even less reason to trust medical advice.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A nursing home is staffed with a handful of nurses and a lot of nurses' aides, custodians, kitchen staff--a lot of poor, poorly educated POC with the same high rate of vaccine hesitancy as others in that demographic, on top of which a lot of the patients they care for are the end product of less than perfect medical intervention, so they have even less reason to trust medical advice.
    Yes. And hopefully my comment didn't come off as derogatory. I was referring more to the fact that we've had such high death tolls in nursing homes than the apparent staff hesitancy, but you're right, the demographics suggest several reasons for that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Really ain't much fuckin sadder than suicide encouragement
    Seriously, WTF was that all about.
    Last edited by AEV; 05-19-2021 at 05:47 AM.

No. benny can only explain why it's Hillary's fault.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Second shot report: I'm about 17 hours out and so far my only issue has been an extremely sore arm. Like it's just hanging useless at my side. This came on fairly quickly after the shot. I'd say about three hours. It does seem slightly better this morning than when I went to bed last night.

Yes. And hopefully my comment didn't come off as derogatory.
    It didn't. What you said was exactly true. I amplified what you said because some people think nursing homes are full of highly educated medical professionals (ie registered nurses.). The paucity of RN's is the case with so called skilled nursing facility (SNF's) where patients rehab. Even fewer in long term care facilities. And talk about health care heroes--nurses in nursing homes, whether or not there's a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Second shot report: I'm about 17 hours out and so far my only issue has been an extremely sore arm. Like it's just hanging useless at my side. This came on fairly quickly after the shot. I'd say about three hours. It does seem slightly better this morning than when I went to bed last night.
    Has the sore arm issue been addressed in the thread? I've heard the same thing from so many people and had it myself. Never experienced anything like it from a needle of any any kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Since we are compiling anecdotes, had Pfizer #2 last Thursday afternoon. Arm a bit sore Friday but hit the fungo for the kids practice. Spent the weekend swilling gin drinks on a camping trip at Deception Pass and no worse for the wear.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums