Page 222 of 929 FirstFirst ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    It's one shot, one and done. 2weeks later they are good to go.

Versus the 2shots which is a longer time from first jab to good to go.
    You can certainly see how this would be appealing to a pro sports team composed of mostly healthy guys in their 20s. Get 'em jabbed and get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You can certainly see how this would be appealing to a pro sports team composed of mostly healthy guys in their 20s. Get 'em jabbed and get it over with.
    Especially when a whole bunch of (costly and PITA) restrictions get loosened by the MLB when a % of the club gets vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I wonder if you're really this awful in real life. Your conveyance is not that deft.

Being pregnant now and having to make the choice of vax or not must be hell, lots of potential each way.
    I don't understand why being pregnant makes someone more knowledgeable about vaccines. Being the spouse/partner of a pregnant woman doesn't seem like it provides any additional knowledge regarding vaccines...it does seem to make some folks be extra assholey on a skiing forum.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

"I don't want the vaccine. They released it too quickly."
    "I don't trust the CDC's new guidelines. Too sudden"
    And never the twain shall meet.

I for one like it when people don't fuck around, get done what needs to get done, make decisions when decisions need to be made, and don't waste time with endless repetitive talk and second-guessing. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    "I don't want the vaccine. They released it too quickly."
    "I don't trust the CDC's new guidelines. Too sudden"
    And never the twain shall meet.

I for one like it when people don't fuck around, get done what needs to get done, make decisions when decisions need to be made, and don't waste time with endless repetitive talk and second-guessing. Anyone else?
    anti vax people: CDC not enough authority to direct public health
    same people: government has too much authority & should be cut down

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Yeah. Sorry. My post wasn’t clear, except in the context of the quoted post about “breakthrough” infucktion and the 95% myth.

Wife had vax in jan. We all gots the rona 4 weeks ago, including wifey.

PS. For the 95% truthers out there, explain the Yankees baseball infection. That seems like a lot more than 5% of the coaching staff. All had the vax.
    As I read it, and I think you agree, the 95% (Pfizer and Moderna) and 66% (J&J) efficacy numbers mean that it keeps you from getting seriously ill. The article lays it out pretty clearly:

Simple mathematics helps. If we vaccinated a population of 100 000 and protected 95% of them, that would leave 5000 individuals diseased over 3 months, which is almost the current overall COVID-19 case rate in the UK. Rather, a 95% vaccine efficacy means that instead of 1000 COVID-19 cases in a population of 100 000 without vaccine (from the placebo arm of the abovementioned trials, approximately 1% would be ill with COVID-19 and 99% would not) we would expect 50 cases (99·95% of the population is disease-free, at least for 3 months).
    Are you suggesting your situation doesn't fit in with the findings of that article? If so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Yankees used the J&J vax. It is only about 66% “effective” at preventing infection (but better than that at preventing serious illness). According to one article I read, the results are exactly what to expect with the J&J vax. Why the Yankees decided to go with J&J is anyone’s guess.
    Isn't it 66% effective at preventing symptomatic infection, rather than infection at all? In the case of the Yankees it's exactly what you would expect, especially given how often these athletes are being tested. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I don't understand
    I don't understand two docs actively recommending to not take the vaccine... when this is completely against what is being widely recommended that pregnant "ladies" should do.

Or what the fuck hobby farming and volunteering has to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

It’s painfully obvious and embarrassing that KQ’s benign anecdote about seeing pregnant people getting vaccines at the clinic she was volunteering at was just the opening AR was salivating for to post up his story. Sure - post up your own anecdote about your experience. But why this discredits KQ’s story - or why it necessitated personal attacks is beyond me.

It is refreshing to see a ardent GOP’r say “imma listen to the experts here instead of what I wildly misinterpret on the internet”

I think the decision about vax in pregnant has to be made using the guidelines but ultimately based on the individual factors - age of woman, how far along pregnancy is, other medical conditions, prevalence of covid in geographical area etc etc etc

It’s great that your doctors gave you clear advice. Why in the hell you think the specific advice you got needs to be applied to all pregnant women full stop is baffling

Congrats on the healthy newborn though.

Question is did ArionRider get vaxxed, or did he opt out like the wife? If yes, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Question is did ArionRider get vaxxed, or did he opt out like the wife? If yes, why?
    Yeah I did, J&J one shotter easy breezy. My wife wouldn't have (based on our doctor's thoughts and our discussions with them) but kiddo came prior to vaccine distribution in our hood, so ended up being a non-issue, and she got hers too.

And to everyone else, please. KQ has a 14 month history here of opinions concerning Covid and her express fear of it, her 'anecdote' was her saying bullshit and pregnant women should be vaxxed, and you all know this. Notably because my initial statement wasn't even taking a side. I said that pregnant ladies are the one group I consider giving a pass if they decide not to get it, not 'pregnant women should never get vaccinated'. KQ also has no kids, and has never had to weigh a decision like that. But yeah, she's totally neutral...

And Benny, you might have to keep waiting as I'm not a member of the GOP. Sorry to ruin your jubilation but maybe have a Fresca?
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I don't understand why being pregnant makes someone more knowledgeable about vaccines. Being the spouse/partner of a pregnant woman doesn't seem like it provides any additional knowledge regarding vaccines...it does seem to make some folks be extra assholey on a skiing forum.
    THEY TALKED WITH THEIR PROVIDER!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

let's call this out: your doctors, since the time they were advising you, might hold a more informed and refined opinion now. further, these purportedly ivy league doctors explained things at level that they thought you could understand, for your specific situation. So far, all you've said is "fevers are bad for preggers" which hardly clarifies the position or reasoning... and why its better to hear/read recommendations from a health care practitioners / agency vs. 2nd hand, nobody on the interwebs.

Maybe we should all stick to what we know - leave this shit to the doctors... and you can stick to drying up vaginas with your condescending mansplaining. There.. all sorted.

You said:
    I know you know science. But the 95% number, oft repeated, is 95% less likely to get seriously ill or hospitalized.

When the 95% number hit the press, I actually looked into the studies. It’s not 95% against getting covid at all.

Not saying there isn’t value there. Just media ignorance.
    Thx for supporting my statement.

My wife lost taste and smell. Had brain fog for two weeks. Etc. three months after jab. Those sound like “symptoms” to me. Who can say if the jab kept her from being worse than that.

I slept 36 hours. Lethargic for two more days. Never lost taste.

Teen boys barely showed it although the oldest did lose taste as well.

Ymmv
    “The mRNA-based Pfizer1, 2 and Moderna3 vaccines were shown to have 94–95% efficacy in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, calculated as 100 × (1 minus the attack rate with vaccine divided by the attack rate with placebo).”

What planet are you on that “symptomatic COVID” = seriously ill or hospitalized? A mild cough and headache is symptomatic COVID. The vaccines are way more effective than 95% at preventing hospitalization.

Again, where is your source?

Being the one in whatever in a statistical number, having a stillbirth, and having to live with the doubt as to whether or not you deciding to vax killed your baby. Ugggh.

It’s a tough decision. And taken too lightly by people blindly worshiping the altar of saint fauci and the cdc

And yes. I do not have a vagina. But I did lose a son at eight months gestation. It’s a shitty thing.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    We had many pregnant women in all stages come through our mass vax clinic.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

And to everyone else, please. KQ has a 14 month history here of opinions concerning Covid and her express fear of it, her 'anecdote' was her saying bullshit and pregnant women should be vaxxed, and you all know this.
    Reread what she wrote.

She never said or wrote what you claim, just noted that some pregnant women have chosen to be vaccinated.

You note some chose not to be, despite the statistics.

And that's all fine until you try to boff around with the clumsy and completely inappropriate remarks about her not having kids, a completely shitty and below the belt, poorly shrouded personal attack.

Own it.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    And that's all fine until you try to boff around with the clumsy and completely inappropriate remarks about her not having kids, a completely shitty and below the belt, poorly shrouded personal attack.
    Give it an hour and he'll be up to lecturing her on the proper way to insert a tampon and tell her she only has a hobby uterus.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    anti vax people: CDC not enough authority to direct public health
    same people: government has too much authority & should be cut down
    The charitable way to look at it is the way F. Scott Fitzgerald did: "the test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.”
    There are less charitable ways to look at it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    THEY TALKED WITH THEIR PROVIDER!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'll give you an anecdote to ponder.

Friends of mine that are semi-anti vaxxers had kids the same time we did. We have the same pediatrician. They asked the pediatrician if they should vaccinate their kids and claim that the pediatrician told them to do an alternative vaccination schedule so they reduce the risk to their kids. Mmkay, we go to the doc and ask about this because he's the professional and if he recommends not going with standard vaccine schedule then we'd like to hear why and decide what's best for our kids. He says he would never recommend going with an alternative schedule but he'll go with it if parents are adamant about doing so.

Point is, consider the source. Sometimes we hear what we want to hear. A friend of mine got the J&J vaccine while preggers because the doc told her he felt it was a good idea to. Went great, no issues.

Yes exactly. The same doctor could tell a pregnant woman not to get any vaccines until birth and tell another pregnant woman to get the vaccine now.

That’s not necessarily conflicting advice - turns out this shit, like most adult issues, is complicated and doctors don’t just follow national guidelines blindly like a robot without considering the specific situation a person is in.

There is a longer standing pandemic of “this is what happened to me so this is the truth going forward for me and for everyone else” that alas there does not appear to be a vaccine for.

I am not vaxing.

Why? There is a running gag order on those that are having major problems as a result of it. further, in order to feel secure in accepting it you must have faith in the government that is pushing it. I do not. We have in place an illegitimate régime that has placed the interests of itself first and the interests of American citizens last.

I wish you well and sincerely hope the poison you have willingly accepted will not harm you over the long term.

The good news for you is if you truly believe this is a safe and effective vaccine what I choose to do should not matter to you

One more thing... do not subject your children to masks. there is ZERO evidence that supports it. All you are doing is teaching your children to be subservient to their government masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobie Dick View Post
    I am not vaxing.

Why? There is a running gag order on those that are having major problems as a result of it. further, in order to feel secure in accepting it you must have faith in the government that is pushing it. I do not. We have in place an illegitimate régime that has placed the interests of itself first and the interests of American citizens last.

I wish you well and sincerely hope the poison you have willingly accepted will not harm you over the long term.

The good news for you is if you truly believe this is a safe and effective vaccine what I choose to do should not matter to you

One more thing... do not subject your children to masks. there is ZERO evidence that supports it. All you are doing is teaching your children to be subservient to their government masters.
    awesome troll
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Hi Hawk.

I am not vaxing.

They are preparing camps for people like you. And all the guards will be people who use "they" as their pronoun.

I am not vaxing.

I’m convinced.

Any idea how I get this poison/5G nanobot tracker out of my system? Colloidal silver enema perhaps?

It's a conundrum

Name:  Theconundrum.png
Views: 497
Size:  161.6 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism