Page 216 of 929 FirstFirst ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 23206
    A simple "Bless your hearts" would have also worked.
    I still call it The Jake.

The “my body my choice” crowd is likely also heavily populated with pro-lifers - safe bet they don’t allow their brains to see the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The “my body my choice” crowd is likely also heavily populated with pro-lifers - safe bet they don’t allow their brains to see the connection.

safe bet? more certain than anything.
    swing your fucking sword.

CDC says vaccinated can go mask-less in most places:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/05...masks-guidance

Which has been obvious for a while to anybody that actually looked at the numbers and is the same advice I've been excoriated for on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    You didn't say, "no, but it's ruining the country"?
    It was tempting to engage, but when you listen to them talk and realize how seriously they believe this stuff, it quickly becomes apparent that it's a waste of time trying to convince them of anything. They're long gone.

What I said:

Hard to guess what the long-term effects of catching the virus might be for little kids but death certainly doesn't seem to be a real threat.
    How you misstated what I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    What is insulting is throwing out "kids don't die from COVID-19" as a binary outcome for vaccination as if that was the only meaningful tracking statistic when there is a wealth of information suggesting otherwise.
    I didn't state a binary outcome, only what was known and unknown (to me, anyway) was that long-term effects weren't clear. You provided some good information related to what's being seen in some kids with long-haul effects and I thanked you for that.

I will again note, in our county, there have been 19 hospitalizations for 0-9 y.o. out of 2,271 total. And again, no deaths so the relative risk, although not zero, seems quite low. How many non-hospitalized become long-haulers isn't known to me so I won't state that this particular risk is low. I also won't cast past numbers onto future events as variants were less of a contributor in past numbers, particularly since the variants do seem to have greater impact at younger ages than the original. Historical data may not have a direct bearing as to the future outcomes.

What is also unknown to date are what the clinical trials for young children will show. Sure, the current evidence points to great outcomes but the studies aren't complete and data revealed so it's still not a certainty until it is. That was another point I was trying to express in the fury of attack but was misunderstood (purposely or not) by other commenters. As I understand it, that data may not be available, in full, until Aug/Sep.

My point to this post is to acknowledge and thank you for your sharing your knowledge. That's been very helpful and informative to some of us not in your world who don't have the time nor expertise to necessarily search out this stuff. But it's also to ask for a more civil discussion. I felt I innocently responded with my initial gut feel to a question someone else asked. And the pile on began with a full attack from many individuals, many who don't have any more training in this than me, and all that does is quell what otherwise should be good discussion. You don't have to participate if you choose not to but, if you do, thank you. But please save us all from the insulting and condescension. It's really unnecessary.

One last thought, this addressed to PNWBrit: My current 'job' doesn't define me. First, I'm not a 'roofing hobbyist' but a business hobbyist. My reasons for being in this position relate to operating and growing a business, not for my roofing expertise. I am not a roofer, I am a businessman who's experience ranges from having built and sold my actual career company. From that, I've run a technology startup business accelerator program intended to help entrepreneurs commercialize and build their innovation into viable companies including aligning them for investment or other forms of funding. With that, we worked with many in healthcare and bioscience related efforts as they work to take their research to market. That involved much time working with PhD's in various fields with a variety of different projects. So, mischaracterize and belittle as you please but recognize; you don't know me. You really know nothing about me. And yet you elect to take the pompous attitude of talking down and insulting me over something you really are ignorant of. That's more telling of you than me and I would ask the same respect of you that I would give you in real life. We're all humans and we should act as such.

With this all stated, I'm taking some time off from here. The childish antics of grown men have worn me down. This was a forum I joined because of my passion for skiing but it's morphed into a dark hole. I'll be back, just don't know when; probably next ski season. Ciao.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    only possible response: laugh audibly; hand them a juice box; pat them on the head
    I laughed and said no, but my 5G service is much improved.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Someone actually asked me, in all seriousness, yesterday, if a magnet sticks to my arm now after getting the Pfizer vaccine. They saw it on tik tok, so that makes it real in their mind.
    The office staff this morning was checking their arms with a small magnet.
    I told them that they needed a bigger one.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I'm taking some time off from here. The childish antics of grown men have worn me down. This was a forum I joined because of my passion for skiing but it's morphed into a dark hole. I'll be back, just don't know when; probably next ski season. Ciao.
    Probably a good idea. I have taken summer breaks from TGR a couple times, it was good for my mental health.

You are a good contributor here, see you in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

That's funny, I stuck around here because of the childish antics of adults. Once TTips closed, I needed a home. RIP Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    CDC says vaccinated can go mask-less in most places:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/05...masks-guidance

Which has been obvious for a while to anybody that actually looked at the numbers and is the same advice I've been excoriated for on this thread.
    I wear mine to trigger RepubliQans

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Oh man lol. I was in a hot tub last week at the health club with some "deep state" people. They were talking about all their conspiracy theories and crazy shit. I was like wow, these people really do exist. Then one of them asked me if their conversation was ruining my soak. I just said I found it very interesting. I think he caught my drift because after that they started talking about normal shit.
    You were in a hot tub with a bunch of random people? On a good day that would make me uncomfortable. LOL!

As they say about wearing or not wearing a mask under the new guidelines: We are all different. We all feel safe under different conditions.

With this all stated, I'm taking some time off from here. The childish antics of grown men have worn me down. This was a forum I joined because of my passion for skiing but it's morphed into a dark hole. I'll be back, just don't know when; probably next ski season. Ciao.
    You could just skip the PR and stick to the Skiing forum or any of the other ones but breaks are good too.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    You were in a hot tub with a bunch of random people? On a good day that would make me uncomfortable. LOL!

As they say about wearing or not wearing a mask under the new guidelines: We are all different. We all feel safe under different conditions.

You could just skip the PR and stick to the Skiing forum or any of the other ones but breaks are good too.
    Yes, been using the pool and hot tub at the club throughout the pandemic. Four max in the tub, usually there are only one or two, and it's pretty big. And in a battle between the virus and chlorine, my money is on chlorine. But I agree it is a risk, and one I decided early on to take.

What you said

In my home county, in 0-9 years old, we've had 2061 cases out of about 44,000 total cases. Of the 2061, zero deaths. In the 10-19 years old, 4500 cases, 3 deaths and 20-29 year old, 8700 cases, 2 deaths. Hard to guess what the long-term effects of catching the virus might be for little kids but death certainly doesn't seem to be a real threat. I personally wouldn't get the shot for young kids but I'm certainly not advising anyone what to do.

ETA: OG is probably going to fry me for this answer but the kids haven't been the problem. That's why elementary schools have been open longer than other schools and is seems they don't tend to spread it, either so not sure I agree with his answer.
    Clearly, the answer isn't clear. However, it seems the evidence leans toward lesser transmission and much less impact for small children. Still should utilize common sense and practice masking, social distancing, isolation from the most fragile people and the things that are blatantly obvious. But I would be reluctant to get a 3 y.o. and 5 y.o vaxxed at this time. But that's me and, as noted, I'm not advising anyone else of anything in this regard.

"Limited evidence suggests that transmission by preadolescent children occurs but is uncommon in educational or child care settings, particularly if the class size is small, other public health measures are strictly followed, and community transmission is low [15,59,68,71,81,89-100], although this finding is inconsistent [101]. In contrast, several studies have documented transmission by adolescents in high school or secondary school [71-73], but this finding is also inconsistent [91]."

https://www.uptodate.com/contents/co...is-in-children
    My response to your expession of reluctance to have your kids vaccinated:

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    You're reluctance was to have kids in the first place, you have none, so you not vaccinating your nonexistent children based on your ignorance luckily won't have any impact on the rest of us. Other people choosing not to vaccinate along the lines that the prevention is worse than the disease are also woefully misguided.

For those with kids, or those with a desire for a deeper understanding than golddigger here is capable of- a few articles about kids being as transmissible as adults with the new variants, long term COVID-19 complications in children following COVID-19, and the linkage between COVID-19 and increased diabetes (I and II) diagnosis in adults and children post COVID-19.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...covid-variants

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...irus-children/

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...es-of-covid-19

https://fortune.com/2021/05/05/diabe...ects-children/
    What you said twice was that you would be reluctant to vaccinate small children if they were yours, because they are unlikely to die, and may not be significant transmission vectors, long term consequences aren't clear, and gosh gee, "we don't don't have the information yet to decide if it's a good thing for our kids."

I called you out for vocalizing an uninformed opinion of doubt that vaccination of young children would be more detrimental than natural disease, a decision that you simply don't and won't ever have to make.

If it was me who was called out for trying to spread vaccine hesitancy and sew doubt, I'd kindly fuck off and take a step away from the keyboard for a while. But, I'm certainly not advising anyone else on what they should do. I mean, I'm just merely stating what I would do.

Local WA tracking of change in Covid-19 demographics showing increased burden in the 0-19 group for all new variants of concern.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Doc...antsReport.pdf

Vaccinating the adults/elderly is driving infection and disease burden into younger demographics while new variants are becoming more transmissible and potentially more virulent, largest uptick in the 0-19 bracket.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yes, been using the pool and hot tub at the club throughout the pandemic. Four max in the tub, usually there are only one or two, and it's pretty big. And in a battle between the virus and chlorine, my money is on chlorine. But I agree it is a risk, and one I decided early on to take.
    The chlorine may protect you from the virus, but you could still catch the stupid.

After the latest CDC recommendation something tells me that in indoor spaces the ones not wearing masks will be the unvaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The chlorine may protect you from the virus, but you could still catch the stupid.

After the latest CDC recommendation something tells me that in indoor spaces the ones not wearing masks will be the unvaccinated.
    Interestingly, despite all their deep state crazy talk, these 3 mentioned they were vaccinated. In fact one of them had been a nurse for 40 years and currently has a job with the state health dept. So go figure.

The Yankees have 8 people (coaches, staff, player) that have tested positive, all of whom had been vaccinated. The player (Torres) also had covid previously, and was vaccinated.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The Yankees have 8 people (coaches, staff, player) that have tested positive, all of whom had been vaccinated. The player (Torres) also had covid previously, and was vaccinated.

All eight people who tested positive were fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with Boone saying they all received the Johnson & Johnson single shot. All eight are asymptomatic but continue to test positive, Boone said.

I'd imagine this is exactly what we can expect from a vaccinated population. The virus isn't gone, but vaccinated folks might carry it for a bit and could possibly spread it asymptomatically. But the vaccinated folks won't get sick. I'd imagine MLB has a constant testing program so they noticed it. But the general population wouldn't.

Maybe this is the message for the anti-vax crowd - The vaccinated folks will be your demise, and Biden said we can roll masks off now. We are the superspreaders now and we're coming for you.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    I'd imagine this is exactly what we can expect from a vaccinated population. The virus isn't gone, but vaccinated folks might carry it for a bit and could possibly spread it asymptomatically. But the vaccinated folks won't get sick. I'd imagine MLB has a constant testing program so they noticed it. But the general population wouldn't.

Maybe this is the message for the anti-vax crowd - The vaccinated folks will be your demise, and Biden said we can roll masks off now. We are the superspreaders now and we're coming for you.
    You didn't hear that we're shedding vaccine on the clean unvaxed? Today's announcement is a way to get us spreading those Gates vaccines more effectively before the last few pure Americans can get themselves stocked in N95's. And take away the headlines just as they're trying to get the word out. Next level devious.

Does the shed vaccine still have RFID?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 6.48.14 PM.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	418.7 KB 
ID:	374527

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    You didn't hear that we're shedding vaccine on the clean unvaxed? Today's announcement is a way to get us spreading those Gates vaccines more effectively before the last few pure Americans can get themselves stocked in N95's. And take away the headlines just as they're trying to get the word out. Next level devious.
    According to our local nut who trolls the county health page this is all part of the bigger plan to depopulate the world.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Isn't the internet wonderful? How else would we have found out how densely populated we are by compl3333t lunatics.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    According to our local nut who trolls the county health page this is all part of the bigger plan to depopulate the world.
    Well, he's not entirely wrong. He's just is mistaken about which side is going to survive.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Second poke Moderna yesterday morning. Chills and fever started around 10pm and by 4am i felt like I had the worst hangover of my life. Crawled to the bathroom. Stayed in bed til mid afternoon and finally feeling mostly normal. Wow that packed a punch.