Page 215 of 929 FirstFirst ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Man if I were an Ohioan who got vaccinated as soon as I could I'd be royally pissed about the $1M lottery. Like if I bought an Epic pass and then they cut the price but not for people who already bought one.
    What do you expect from dumb fuck Buckeyes?

Re the vaccinated shedding--I hear that was started by Anthony Fauci.
    While I can’t stand the Buckeyes, you’re wrong here. To be eligible for the $1M or full-tuition lottery you need to have had one shot by May 26. Everyone is in.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    A genius plan to target the lottery playing demographic - a group that is most likely to otherwise not get vaccinated.
    New advertising would help, rebranding if you will,

Anti Liberal Liquid
    Freedom Fluid
    MAGA Serum

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    New advertising would help, rebranding if you will,

Anti Liberal Liquid
    Freedom Fluid
    MAGA Serum
    Pretty sure Trumptards don't even know the word "serum" - I'd suggest changing that one to "MAGA Semen."

Ah, hell - who are we kidding? They won't know what that means either. Maybe just call it "MAGA Jizz"?

MAGA juice from the tears of Libtards

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Thanks for your posts Summer. It's interesting to get your perspective from down under.
    Up stairs in the land of poutine we somtimes roll our eyes but we also root for the usa to make it thru COVID and Trump cuz WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

USA loses or fucks up and it affects everyone in the world

I just heard on the news about amazon giving their employees who get a vax 100 $
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

We got $250 AMEX gift cards from our firm, not that it was an incentive for me as I was getting it anyway, but hey, I'll take free money.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Someone with good intentions has to have surreptitiously started that one.
    Right? Genius. If you are not vaccinated you should definitely mask.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You must be from Michigan.
    Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    While I can’t stand the Buckeyes, you’re wrong here. To be eligible for the $1M or full-tuition lottery you need to have had one shot by May 26. Everyone is in.
    I refuse to acknowledge that I was wrong about Ohio. Or Epic pass.

While it's easy to see how we could have done better with Katrina or Covid or plenty of other disasters, a disaster is by (my) definition an event that exceeds our ability to manage or cope with it. We can reduce the number of disasters but not eliminate them.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Right? Genius. If you are not vaccinated you should definitely mask.
    wouldn't the people who don't Vax also not mask ?

and obviously not care about either ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    wouldn't the people who don't Vax also not mask ?

and obviously not care about either ?
    well, they might mask if Q told them that the vaccinated people were shedding something awful that could infect them, and masks were the only way to prevent that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Sure they may have known we needed PPE, social distancing, medical equipment, strong supply chains, accelerated research and transparent information sharing, mass testing and a cure or vaccine. But they didn't know how to effectively communicate that to their political masters in a way that would get them to tell the average member of the public to follow their advice. Nor did they quickly learn how to change tactics to influence their political masters into listening to them over a shitty pillow salesman.
    Oh fuck right off. It was the choice of one moron to do dumb shit, and not the CDC. They White House had a plan to ship everyone a mask and the orange butt plug said no, because the guiding ethos of the former guys White House has derp and bullshit.

There you have it again, youse yanks have no monopoly on dumbfuckery

“Unstoppable Anti-Mask ‘Freedom Convoy’ Stopped by Border Control
    An anti-mask convoy that was rolling across Canada to fight lockdown restrictions was broken up rather thoroughly by lockdown restrictions.”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kv9...border-control

And a dishonest Canadian uncovered! The times they are a-changin’...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    well, they might mask if Q told them that the vaccinated people were shedding something awful that could infect them, and masks were the only way to prevent that.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Oh I don't doubt that a different response would've saved many lives, and have no argument along those lines. I just think doing so would've required a much, much harder sell at moment in history where quick timing and acceptance of harsh measures were both critical to success and nearly impossible to achieve in the best of times.

The US has 50 states (and 50 Governors) to negotiate with vs the 6 states and 2 territories we have in a landmass the same size as the lower 48, so right there is a fundamental difference.

The 10th amendment of the US Constitution vs section 109 of the Australian Constitution - they both deal with states' rights but with different outcomes.

The sheer logistics of protecting 330 million vs 24 million against the pangolin's revenge, and the level of engagement, trust and comfort each population had with their governments prior to the onset.

The risk-taking nature of the US (which, in this outsider's humble opinion, is a hell of an asset that should be protected) vs the she'll-be-right-so-long-as-we-don't-rock-the-boat-too-hard approach of Aus, is another.
    Appreciate your perspective

A point to note, in perhaps less confrontational terms, is that the Obama Admin had a playbook for dealing with a respiratory pandemic - lessons learned from MERS.
    The Trump Admin tossed the plan in a dumpster.

The Obama Admin's CDC had epidemiologists on the ground in China. The Trump Admin called them back because "Gina".

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I thought this was a joke, but apparently some anti mask/anti vaxxers are now worried that vaccinated people will shed their Bill Gates 5G proteins, so they're going to... mask up and social distance. It's a crazy topsy turvy world we live in. https://www.vice.com/en/article/88nn...the-vaccinated
    A young man we know came by Sunday to provide me a second set of hands and muscle. Nice kid but not the brightest or ambitious. Ms TBS is like a surrogate mother to him.

When he came in I told him he didn't need to wear a mask on our account, since Ms/I are vaxxed.
    He said he would wear a mask anyway because his father, an avowed anti-vaxxer, told him that vaccinated people shed the virus and can make him sterile. He had the same FoxNews mindset against vaccination as well, even though two of his brothers are jabbed.

My wife - after a lot of VERY patient discussion - now likely has him convinced to get jabbed. Damn she's good...

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    There you have it again, youse yanks have no monopoly on dumbfuckery

“Unstoppable Anti-Mask ‘Freedom Convoy’ Stopped by Border Control
    An anti-mask convoy that was rolling across Canada to fight lockdown restrictions was broken up rather thoroughly by lockdown restrictions.”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kv9...border-control

And a dishonest Canadian uncovered! The times they are a-changin’...
    Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck
    You gotta copy on me, Pig Pen, c'mon?
    Ah, yeah, 10-4, Pig Pen, fer shure, fer shure
    By golly, it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon
    Yeah, that's a big 10-4 there, Pig Pen
    Yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy
    Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Someone actually asked me, in all seriousness, yesterday, if a magnet sticks to my arm now after getting the Pfizer vaccine. They saw it on tik tok, so that makes it real in their mind.

The CDC is about to drop most indoor mask restrictions for the vaccinated.

WASHINGTON — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday will ease indoor mask-wearing guidance for fully vaccinated people, allowing them to safely stop wearing masks inside in most places, according to a person briefed on the announcement.

The new guidance will still call for wearing masks in crowded indoor settings like buses, planes, hospitals, prisons and homeless shelters, but could ease restrictions for reopening workplaces and schools.

It will also no longer recommend that fully vaccinated people wear masks outdoors in crowds. The announcement comes as the CDC and the Biden administration have faced pressure to ease restrictions on fully vaccinated people — people who are two weeks past their last required COVID-19 vaccine dose — in part to highlight the benefits of getting the shot.

I got Pfizer #2 yesterday morning and felt fine during the day, but in the evening it kicked my ass - chills, tired, etc. Feeling a lot better now, but now I'm starving. Did anyone else feel like they wanted to eat everything in sight after a vaccination?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    The CDC is about to drop most indoor mask restrictions for the vaccinated.

WASHINGTON — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday will ease indoor mask-wearing guidance for fully vaccinated people, allowing them to safely stop wearing masks inside in most places, according to a person briefed on the announcement.

The new guidance will still call for wearing masks in crowded indoor settings like buses, planes, hospitals, prisons and homeless shelters, but could ease restrictions for reopening workplaces and schools.

It will also no longer recommend that fully vaccinated people wear masks outdoors in crowds. The announcement comes as the CDC and the Biden administration have faced pressure to ease restrictions on fully vaccinated people — people who are two weeks past their last required COVID-19 vaccine dose — in part to highlight the benefits of getting the shot.
    Done
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/13/healt...ted/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Someone actually asked me, in all seriousness, yesterday, if a magnet sticks to my arm now after getting the Pfizer vaccine. They saw it on tik tok, so that makes it real in their mind.
    only possible response: laugh audibly; hand them a juice box; pat them on the head

Or you could talk about getting stuck on the electromagnet at the scrap yard screaming for help for 30 minutes while the guy was on break watching Ellen.

Definitely fuck with any retread that asks questions like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Oh man lol. I was in a hot tub last week at the health club with some "deep state" people. They were talking about all their conspiracy theories and crazy shit. I was like wow, these people really do exist. Then one of them asked me if their conversation was ruining my soak. I just said I found it very interesting. I think he caught my drift because after that they started talking about normal shit.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Oh man lol. I was in a hot tub last week at the health club with some "deep state" people. They were talking about all their conspiracy theories and crazy shit. I was like wow, these people really do exist. Then one of them asked me if their conversation was ruining my soak. I just said I found it very interesting. I think he caught my drift because after that they started talking about normal shit.
    You didn't say, "no, but it's ruining the country"?