Page 210 of 929 FirstFirst ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 23206
    " It's been 15 months of whack-a-mole and I don't have the patience to pretend to be nice anymore."

Don't waste your time trying to be nice or a dick, then. Just put the links out there with a note that states, 'to learn more about the subject, read this'. That would have been fine and opened a new channel of knowledge that was very helpful. Thanks for that part.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Mooks?

You're arguing with Mofro on this subject while running a... roofing company... isn't it?

Stick to flashing.
    Mooks is a term of friendship, in a mocking sort of way, with my friends. Certainly not a serious insult. Sometimes these things are hard to convey when typed and not said in person.

And no, not arguing with Mofro. In fact, I think I very clearly thanked him for his links and sharing of his knowledge. I took umbrage to his condescending manner. Yours too, for that matter.

And no, roofing isn't my main forte', this is a hobby job I was recruited for after an earlier retirement. I'm not a roofer, I run a roofing business.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Of course there aren't complete clinical trials. We weren't jabbing all the adults before we had those either.

At the point that 0-5 year olds are eligible to be vaccinated (I'm assuming that happens), there will be completed studies. So, if your sole point is that you would not have a 4 year old vaccinated right now, but will if the trials are concluded and the data looks good, well then, wow, you went through an awful lot of mental gymnastics to get there. Because I would say the same.

If, however, your point is that when those trials are concluded, even if the data says the same as it had for the adults, you still think kids shouldn't be vaccinated, then why are you trying to hide behind science if your opinion isn't based in science?
    This is what I wrote you in my prior comment: "I'd at least like to see the data from studies and perhaps let it ride for a month or two after EUA for that age before I'd get my kid vaxxed."

That's not saying I wouldn't but only that I have some hesitancy. For me, I had none and wanted to get it as soon as possible. I had some concerns for my wife as she has had some immunity issues prior and has had anaphylaxis episodes in the past but, still encouraged her to get it as soon as she was able. For a small child, in my opinion, my reluctance may be unfounded but I would still be wary but, that's just me. I also thought I made it clear I wouldn't advise anyone else on what to do, it's a personal point of view, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    This is what I wrote you in my prior comment: "I'd at least like to see the data from studies and perhaps let it ride for a month or two after EUA for that age before I'd get my kid vaxxed."

That's not saying I wouldn't but only that I have some hesitancy. For me, I had none and wanted to get it as soon as possible. I had some concerns for my wife as she has had some immunity issues prior and has had anaphylaxis episodes in the past but, still encouraged her to get it as soon as she was able. For a small child, in my opinion, my reluctance may be unfounded but I would still be wary but, that's just me. I also thought I made it clear I wouldn't advise anyone else on what to do, it's a personal point of view, nothing more.
    'DoN'T asK QueSTIoNS! JUsT GiVE YoUR KiDS tEH ShOT NoWWWW!!!!!" -TGR Collective

I swear, in regard to COVID, people here be acting just like this:

I didn't mean to set off such a shit storm, but such is life...lol

For those in the know...I have not seen much as it relates to if you had COVID already, how does that affect vaccinations? Especially in the 3 to 5 yo range? When the wife and I had it, our kids both had low grade temps for about a week. Not really any other major symptom and no positive test, etc. Could they maybe do an anti-body test for the little ones to help determine specific vaccination plan for that specific kid?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I also thought I made it clear I wouldn't advise anyone else on what to do, it's a personal point of view, nothing more.
    I am not advising anyone else on what to do, I am just telling you all what I would do -- and why I would do it -- in relation to my children, if I had children. But I'm not advising anyone what they should do. Just telling you what I would do for my kids. If I had children.

Did you type that with a straight face?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I am not advising anyone else on what to do, I am just telling you all what I would do -- and why I would do it -- in relation to my children, if I had children. But I'm not advising anyone what they should do. Just telling you what I would do for my kids. If I had children.

Did you type that with a straight face?
    Apparently what he types and what he means often aren't necessarily the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post

For those in the know...I have not seen much as it relates to if you had COVID already, how does that affect vaccinations? Especially in the 3 to 5 yo range? When the wife and I had it, our kids both had low grade temps for about a week. Not really any other major symptom and no positive test, etc. Could they maybe do an anti-body test for the little ones to help determine specific vaccination plan for that specific kid?
    About 10-15 million kids in that age range. So... no.

I bet the smart guys running the trials are factoring in that anyway... and the dosage for 40lb rug rats... at least if they're not being run by roofing hobbyists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Every single mom they just interviewed on the local news tonight here in NEPA just said they wouldn’t vaccinate their kids.

Good ole’ NEPA....

Can we just give it to the Irish kids first and see what happens?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Try looking

Can we just give it to the Irish kids first and see what happens?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'll rephrase my comment; to my knowledge, there are no completed clinical studies on kids 0-5. In other words, I haven't seen the clinical evidence regarding the overall safety at this point. Are we expecting great things? I certainly hope so and am very encouraged by all we've seen to date with the vaccines but the data has yet to be compiled for the youngest trial patients. My initial phrasing may have been confusing.
    I should clarify--like others have said I certainly don't support vaccinating kids outside of trials until the trials are complete. I wonder if the trials on kids, particularly the younger kids, will be submitted for an EUA or just full approval which will take longer. I'm assuming the vaccines will eventually be approved for all ages but that remains to be seen.

They were talking to a pediatrician on the news, I forget where she was, but there's a lot of resistance among the parents to vaccinating their teens, but the teens themselves are gung-ho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Yeah sorry you are not a special snowflake, and having an opinion based on a lack of knowledge (ignorance) doesn't give you or anyone else a pass, or in any way equal footing with opinions grounded in fact. It makes YOU the problem for spreading mis-information under the guise of "well my opinion is valid too". Sure everyone is entitled to there own opinion; no one is entitled to have that opinion respected or considered valid in the absence of facts or evidence to back it up, spreading mis-information is more dangerous than keeping ones mouth shut.

What is insulting is throwing out "kids don't die from COVID-19" as a binary outcome for vaccination as if that was the only meaningful tracking statistic when there is a wealth of information suggesting otherwise. It's been 15 months of whack-a-mole and I don't have the patience to pretend to be nice anymore.

No knowledge, haven't seen the evidence, but still has an opinion they feel is valid enough to share with others.

Exactly my point.
    Amen brother!
    Suffer Fools Gladly

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    is it too late to delete my post about my 13 yr old kids getting vaxxed this weekend?

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    They were talking to a pediatrician on the news, I forget where she was, but there's a lot of resistance among the parents to vaccinating their teens, but the teens themselves are gung-ho.
    My 17 yo was eligible for the vaccine before we were because she works with kids at the YMCA. She found an appointment an hour away, and I was like, I really don't want you driving an hour by yourself (across a pass, etc.) to get this shot. Her response: I'm 17, almost an adult, and sorry, but I'm making my own decision and going. At which point I offered to drive her, of course. Pretty sure I needed to be there anyway since I'm her parent, but you never know in those rural communities how close they are adhering to the "rules."

Turned out to be a moot point as they notified her a day later that it was actually Moderna, not Pfizer like they'd said, and she wasn't eligible. She ended up getting Pfizer locally a couple weeks later. Be curious to see what the stats are among teens going forward. From what I've seen so far (being around high schoolers pretty much daily) they have a totally different attitude toward the pandemic than a lot of adults.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Bat shit crazy on several levels.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Maybe he got stung by a bee?
    Maybe he float like a buttahfly.
    Name:  muhammad-ali-wide.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  55.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I got better.
    Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 326
Size:  247.7 KB

Anyway, for those of us piling on Goldmember, I think he cited a good source, but took the extremely cautious, highly qualified statement they put out (as would be expected from a curated review site) as much more definitive than the original authors intended. Which just goes to show how any medical statement can be interpreted (and amplified) differentially. But I think his citation (while from a review site) is bona fide and a source that many clinicians use themselves.

Carry on, though.

Lurve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I have read that there's a Korean study that seems to indicate that kids < 10 are not as susceptible to covid.

The current hypothesis is that there's some enzyme that the virus needs to be as invasive that is not present in young kids.

That's just one study though. I've also read that transmissions of school age kids in London is significant which may have to do with the variant present.
    The SWAG hypothesis that I recall is that there's better innate (NKT cell) mediated immunity against SARS CoV2 in the much-younger population. Not sure if/how that's been investigated, or if it's even the primary hypothesis in the running.

Edit to add: yeah Buster, there is the other SWAG that relatively lower levels of ACE2 in younger populations may be a factor, seeing as ACE2 is the gateway by which SARS CoV2 enters our systems. AFAIC as good as any hypothesis, I suppose.
    Last edited by Tri-Ungulate; 05-11-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Just dropped in... are you vaxxed people (I’ve been vaxxed since feb) still feeling a need to wear a mask? If so why? I still do in stores that require but it feels ridiculous. My wife isn’t vaxxed for health reasons, so that’s a weird place to be..she wears a mask when she goes out which is rare

I do it still. Same reason I always did it...for other people to be (or feel) safe.

I will always wear a mask on a plane here on out. That was the only time I would get sick is after a flight. I don't have kids.

Same. It's a social signal.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Just dropped in... are you vaxxed people (I’ve been vaxxed since feb) still feeling a need to wear a mask? If so why? I still do in stores that require but it feels ridiculous. My wife isn’t vaxxed for health reasons, so that’s a weird place to be..she wears a mask when she goes out which is rare
    Nope.
    It's not that big of a deal to me, so I wear one.

You can think of it as a hajib I guess, but really, who's nuts are so small they can't show some concern for their fellow countrymen.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BE4E5498-CC8F-4993-A617-83950E999D83.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	374314
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BE4E5498-CC8F-4993-A617-83950E999D83.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	374314
    well i be goddamned. i don't know what isiah 53:4-5 says but i'm guessin some bullshit.
    swing your fucking sword.