Page 203 of 929 FirstFirst ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 23206
    We should just revaccinate the libs with Sputnik 5 and send them into MAGA country to spread it to the populace.

Meanwhile, In Sacramento the percentage of vaccination is proportional to the wealth of the zip code. Whether that's vaccine resistance in poor neighborhoods or lack of access and awareness or both I don't know. Vaccination in those neighborhoods is dependent on a grossly underfunded local public health department.

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Solid article. The discussion on lack of non-IP vaccine manufacturing materials, equipment, and experts to train others is VERY relevant. I was also not aware that Moderna has already stated they won't enforce their patent rights on the vaccine back in October. Yet, nobody has taken up the torch there because of all of the difficulty in production. So maybe all of this conversation is just politicians pissing the in breeze.

https://investors.modernatx.com/news...uring-covid-19
    And yet MRNA and PFE took big ole dumps based on Biden's comments

Investor literacy....
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Can someone please layout in oversimplified terms (from a science perspective) why someone who was infected last summer should still get the vaccine shot?
    Try this. We need a new flu shot each year because those little buggers are smart and change their bodies to defend against the vaccine. The virus you got is not the same creature as the variants that are infecting people now.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We should just revaccinate the libs with Sputnik 5 and send them into MAGA country to spread it to the populace.

Meanwhile, In Sacramento the percentage of vaccination is proportional to the wealth of the zip code. Whether that's vaccine resistance in poor neighborhoods or lack of access and awareness or both I don't know. Vaccination in those neighborhoods is dependent on a grossly underfunded local public health department.
    The Santa Clara Valley prevalence map shows the same pattern.

And wasn't that Sputnik issue a problem with Brazil misreading the packaging? I.e. Sputnik is correctly manufactured to quality standards. And tested for replication incompetence with test results that show any replication is below detectable levels.

Listening to the experts in my confirmation bubble, I'd happily get poked with Sputnik. It's an excellent vaccine, among the best.

Great idea though!

Meanwhile, the great state of Oklahoma is getting a refund on the million doses of hydroxychloroquine they bought last year.
    https://www.koco.com/article/attorne...efund/36365322

No word on any refund for bleach and lights

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Try this. We need a new flu shot each year because those little buggers are smart and change their bodies to defend against the vaccine. The virus you got is not the same creature as the variants that are infecting people now.
    Although this is true my assumption is that the current vaccines were developed based on last years' "little buggers."

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    They should just figure out a way to dissolve it into the water supply like fluoride.

Children's ice cream, Mandrake!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Although this is true my assumption is that the current vaccines were developed based on last years' "little buggers."
    I was explaining how to sell an idea to covidiots. Please keep your science and logic out of the sales pitch or you'll lose the sale.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    And yet MRNA and PFE took big ole dumps based on Biden's comments

Investor literacy....
    The market is emotion, not facts. Always has been. Given the market over the last year, 5% shifts overnight are now a regular thing.

FWIW:

MRNA peaked at 188.xx on 5/3, was down to 173 on 5/5 prior to Biden's comments, currently 164ish. MRNA already offered up their IP so Biden's comments have little to no impact to them.
    PFE peak 5/5 just under $41, currently 39.37. And within the next week or two PFE will jump 5-10% for a little bit when the FDA approves EUA in 12-15 year olds. Like shooting fish in a barrel.
    JNJ climbed slowly through the week.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

From Russia with love

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That seems awfully high unless you're allowing people to base this decision themselves solely off of anecdotes, Facebook comments and Tucker.
    The issue is not people who can't get vaccinated but people with depressed immune systems in whom the vaccine doesn't work well or at all--people on immune-suppressing drugs for cancer and autoimmune diseases would be the most common. I don't know about the 10% figure, but we are talking about millions of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Interestingly, India itself has not disavowed its IP given to it's own vaccine developer, but expects the rest of the world to do so with theirs.
    I don't believe they're asking for IP. They are the world's biggest vaccine manufacturer and are making the AZ and I believe one or more other covid shots. What they're asking for is already-manufactured vaccine that's sitting on someone's shelf. That a country that makes vaccine for the world can't make it fast enough to control the pandemic demonstrates the difficulty of the problem. Developing vaccines that work extraordinarily well in record time turns out to be the easy part.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I imagine when that movie came out pretty much everyone recognized that General Ripper was insane. There's probably a good percentage of people who would watch it now and think he makes a lot of sense.
    I was dating a woman who saw that movie and didn't realize it was a comedy. We didn't last.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    And wasn't that Sputnik issue a problem with Brazil misreading the packaging? I.e. Sputnik is correctly manufactured to quality standards. And tested for replication incompetence with test results that show any replication is below detectable levels.

Great idea though!
    I didn't know that. Too bad. I guess we'll just have to spray them with J and J.

I don't believe they're asking for IP. They are the world's biggest vaccine manufacturer and are making the AZ and I believe one or more other covid shots. What they're asking for is already-manufactured vaccine that's sitting on someone's shelf. That a country that makes vaccine for the world can't make it fast enough to control the pandemic demonstrates the difficulty of the problem. Developing vaccines that work extraordinarily well in record time turns out to be the easy part.
    Yes, both S. Africa and India asked for bans on vaccine IP earlier this year. Modi and his anti-science regime have really screwed that country up big-time. Of course they also want more ready to ship vaccine sent to them as well which makes sense, but it's interesting to read how they shot themselves in the foot prior to this crisis:

The situation would have been different had the Indian government bought up SII’s manufacturing capacity last year, before the company made commitments to COVAX and other buyers. It would have been hard to fault the country for trying to protect its people.

Instead, the government waited until after aid dollars and advance payments financed the scale-up of SII’s manufacturing facilities to meet the demand from COVAX and other countries before stepping in and stopping exports to low-income countries that had been assured equal access to vaccines by the COVAX organizers. In essence, India is “stealing” vaccines meant for low-income countries for its own use.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/05/05/...accine-access/

This article mentions how manufacturing mRNA vaccines is an order of magnitude more difficult than the traditional vaccines that India produces.
    https://www.statnews.com/2021/05/06/...n-substantive/

I was dating a woman who saw that movie and didn't realize it was a comedy. We didn't last.
    Kubrick should have added a laugh track?

Perhaps the funniest film ever made.

Peter Sellers was a genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Yes, both S. Africa and India asked for bans on vaccine IP earlier this year. Modi and his anti-science regime have really screwed that country up big-time. Of course they also want more ready to ship vaccine sent to them as well which makes sense, but it's interesting to read how they shot themselves in the foot prior to this crisis:

The situation would have been different had the Indian government bought up SII’s manufacturing capacity last year, before the company made commitments to COVAX and other buyers. It would have been hard to fault the country for trying to protect its people.

Instead, the government waited until after aid dollars and advance payments financed the scale-up of SII’s manufacturing facilities to meet the demand from COVAX and other countries before stepping in and stopping exports to low-income countries that had been assured equal access to vaccines by the COVAX organizers. In essence, India is “stealing” vaccines meant for low-income countries for its own use.

This article mentions how manufacturing mRNA vaccines is an order of magnitude more difficult than the traditional vaccines that India produces.
    Modi, Modi, Modi .....
    He's actually giving Trump a run for his money regarding xenophobic venality and corruption.

Thank you

It's a good thing we didn't have all these anti-vaxxers when the Polio and Smallpox vaccines were released. Imagine still dealing with that shit.

When this thing is still killing over 75k Americans a year in 2025 it will 100% be the fault of the idiots choosing not to get the vaccine. Too many of you seem to have forgotten that living here comes with a responsibility to your fellow citizens. Should the government literally force you to get the vaccine? NO. But shunning you from participating in society? HELL YES.

Proposals:
    If you're not Vaccinated and get COVID you have to pay all medical costs out of pocket.
    If you're not Vaccinated and get COVID your employer can make you stay home and take UNPAID time off.
    Let Insurance companies make the non-VAXed pay higher premiums (health, life, etc.)
    Private companies should be able to refuse services. No flying, no concerts, no sporting events, no private school.
    $200 when you get the shot and then another $300 when we reach a certain % overall.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Adding a source. Two TWiV episodes discussed the situation this week.
    https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-751/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqzs...centRacaniello skip to 1:20
    Self-quoting, eww.

From CO Governor Polis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	take the vaccine exit.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	373807

Quote Originally Posted by RampagingMullet View Post
    I didn’t get the chicken pox vax after I got chicken pox either….
    I hear Shingles is lots of fun. Enjoy !

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I hear Shingles is lots of fun. Enjoy !

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Interestingly I've heard that natural active immunity to the chickenpox is greater than the vax.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

thanks for the correction about IP. Moderna and Pfixer are out of the equation for most of the world--given the cold requirement. So we're talking vector vaccines (which India makes a number of) and inactivated virus vaccines.

In the long run building world wide capacity to make, transport and store mRNA vaccines might be a good idea--and unlikely to happen. The world has enough trouble meeting immediate needs, let alone potential future ones.

My ass has been absolutely kicked all day. Serious muscle pain, chills, fever, splitting headache, barely enough energy to get off the couch. I've never reacted to a vaccine like this before. I sure hope this all clears up overnight.

did you have Covid?
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    My ass has been absolutely kicked all day. Serious muscle pain, chills, fever, splitting headache, barely enough energy to get off the couch. I've never reacted to a vaccine like this before. I sure hope this all clears up overnight.
    Samsies. It will. J&J hit about 8 hrs later and had be shivering in the corner of a scalding shower at 3am while hallucinating. 9/10 bad flu symptoms for about 18 hours, then totally fine.

The silver lining is you aren't actually sick. I recommend some edibles