Page 12 of 902 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 22537
  1. #276
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Planning an exit
    Posts
    5,787
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Yeah but I can't remember a thing he posted until this episode. Drawing a blank.
    Yeah but you’ll remember this. Added to ignore.

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    3,824
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Yeah but I can't remember a thing he posted until this episode. Drawing a blank.
    Cryogenics via glacier is presumed to have that effect.

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    17,661
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Yeah but I can't remember a thing he posted until this episode. Drawing a blank.
    7,000 posts?

    Why did admins allow user name changes
    He had to have another name.

    Back to rna, the bright side could be its safer than traditional vax since you’re only introducing (via replication) spike proteins?

    Question? Why such quick reactions by some with allergies?
    I would think replication would take some time after im injection.
    And yet Uk is requiring injection sites have rescue equipment.

    Is it adjuvants or something in the rna delivery soup?

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    7,000 posts?

    Why did admins allow user name changes
    He had to have another name.

    Back to rna, the bright side could be its safer than traditional vax since you’re only introducing (via replication) spike proteins?

    Question? Why such quick reactions by some with allergies?
    I would think replication would take some time after im injection.
    And yet Uk is requiring injection sites have rescue equipment.

    Is it adjuvants or something in the rna delivery soup?
    I actually posted SKIING stoke around here.

    Do people even ski on this forum or is all a bunch of old pussies?

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    7,366
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Cryogenics via glacier is presumed to have that effect.
    Well that and bleeding out from an arrow. Can't be good for the brain.

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    3,824
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Well that and bleeding out from an arrow. Can't be good for the brain.
    Might have been an early attempt at fluid replacement with anti-freeze alcohol. Unfortunately matching bleed-out with intestinal absorption was miscalculated.

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    5,680
    Yeah I gotta stop doing that.

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    25,332
    Quote Originally Posted by pappag View Post
    Do people even ski on this forum or is all a bunch of old pussies?
    Yes, old pussies. You might want to head over to AlpineZone. I hear that's where the skiers are.

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,867
    Now THAT was funny.

  10. #285
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    33,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Viral vectors are designed to deliver most of the proteins needed from viral replication, but instead of the structural genes needed to make the virus particle, the gene of interest is inserted where these would be. All of those other proteins can also generate immune responses that would be considered "off target". This can skew the immune response away from the "target" immunogen, or create a scenario where if a boost is needed, immunity against the other bits prevents the "target" from being made the second time.

    Viral vectors and cancer- this occurs when bit of the viral vector get integrated into the host chromosome through homologous recombination. If this happens in a gene, esp a gene involved with cellular regulation, abherrent growth or "cancer" could be a result.

    mRNA does not homologously recombine with DNA however- the change from DNA (Thymidine) to RNA (Uracil) prevents the proper hydrogen bonding from occurring. Morever, RNA translation occurs in the cytoplasm and the rough ER, not in the nucleus.
    IT'S A HYDROGEN BOMB!!!





    Quote Originally Posted by pappag View Post
    I actually posted SKIING stoke around here.

    Do people even ski on this forum or is all a bunch of old pussies?
    Dude's a fukkin' maggot who has posted plenty of stoke in the past.

    Senility's a bitch, eh, ladies? But I ain't defending his bullshit.

    After seeing his poliass posts here in the padded room, in this thread, I want nothing to do with the motherfucker.

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,147
    Nothing like a little baby pandemic to strip away the facades of rationality, eh?

    The only thing I fear in this shit show is the lack of responsibility and humanity.
    Oh, and hideous hags going commando and airing their funky fruit.

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    10,283
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Yeah but I can't remember a thing he posted until this episode. Drawing a blank.
    I recall him posting in the burning man thread.

    I dunno whether his ‘regurgitate dumbass magatard talking points’ schtick is Andy Kaufman cosplay or not.

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,913
    It's quite the conundrum for Trump cult followers. They are fearful people when it comes to things they don't understand. You know, like math, science, reading big words that they can't pronounce.

    Besides, what's a Trump cult follower to think when all they are told by their dear cult leader is that the virus is a hoax. Even though their cult leader was infected and hospitalized by it. If Trump had been any average over weight American, unemployed, with no health coverage living in a red state with marginal health care services, they would probably end up in the ICU, or worse.

    So, now what's a Trump anti-vaxxer cult follower to do after their cult leader tells them that he is the Messiah, bringing gifts of vaccines that the American taxpayer footed the bill for?

    Many a Trump cult follower is struggling with trying to process facts and logic and I'm sure it's causing a lot of mental stress and emotional outbursts.

    But if their cult leader tells them to take the vaccine, they will comply, and do as they are told. Otherwise they risk being ridiculed and ostracized by their cult.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  14. #289
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    33,434
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I recall him posting in the burning man thread.

    I dunno whether his ‘regurgitate dumbass magatard talking points’ schtick is Andy Kaufman cosplay or not.
    /lulz. thanks.

    Last edited by splat; 12-10-2020 at 09:24 PM.

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    17,661
    Quote Originally Posted by pappag View Post
    I actually posted SKIING stoke around here.

    Do people even ski on this forum or is all a bunch of old pussies?
    Ok Mr Papageorgio

    Now get off my lawn!

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Matchbox 20
    Posts
    2,313
    One of the problems with the current vaccination plans are that they will be giving it to people without seeing if they have had COVID-19 first.

    If they tested people for neutralizing antibodies first, then inoculated those that test positive last, the initial vaccine supplies would last a lot longer and more people could get vaccinated that actually need it!

    The tests ARE available. Health Canada has so far resisted them. And the same tests could be used by anyone to test themselves and self-quarantine.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    5,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    But if their cult leader tells them to take the vaccine, they will comply, and do as they are told. Otherwise they risk being ridiculed and ostracized by their cult.
    I don't know if his followers will comply. I bet a lot won't, actually, because as you point out, they are extremely fearful of science and government, and the vax is a good dose of both. But you're right, there are a lot of Trump followers struggling with the conflicting messages right now. The virus is a hoax--now roll up your sleeve so we can inject you. Kinda like the election: the voting machines are rigged--but we need you to go vote anyway.

    Do we care if they get vaccinated? Maybe we should start a GoFundMe to pay them not to. Kidding, of course. Only kidding.

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aloft
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I don't know if his followers will comply. I bet a lot won't, actually, because as you point out, they are extremely fearful of science and government, and the vax is a good dose of both. But you're right, there are a lot of Trump followers struggling with the conflicting messages right now. The virus is a hoax--now roll up your sleeve so we can inject you. Kinda like the election: the voting machines are rigged--but we need you to go vote anyway.

    Do we care if they get vaccinated? Maybe we should start a GoFundMe to pay them not to. Kidding, of course. Only kidding.
    With everything, its not that simple.

    Case in point, my entire family are all currently fervent Trump supporters. Funny thing is they weren't 4 years ago, just conservative McCain/Romney types that "hated" him, but by now it's a disease that spread.

    However, my older parents/aunts/uncles are chomping at the bit to get the vaccine and are actually super stoked for it, even half my younger cousins. Actually, its just my retarded brother and one cousin that is on the vax is bad train.

    Either way, its all very confusing and I'm super glad I've had this excuse for T-giving and xmas to not to have to go home!

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Matchbox 20
    Posts
    2,313
    There is this idea that 'fervent Trump supporters' are jab-phobic.
    I dunno. As far as I can tell, most of the people that I see posting 'sorry - I'll wait' posts about the vaccine, are in fact Trump haters.
    Not sure what the market research illumninati have officially determined but the hesitancy seems both uniform and durable across polyass lines.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    16,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    With everything, its not that simple.

    Case in point, my entire family are all currently fervent Trump supporters. Funny thing is they weren't 4 years ago, just conservative McCain/Romney types that "hated" him, but by now it's a disease that spread.

    However, my older parents/aunts/uncles are chomping at the bit to get the vaccine and are actually super stoked for it, even half my younger cousins. Actually, its just my retarded brother and one cousin that is on the vax is bad train.

    Either way, its all very confusing and I'm super glad I've had this excuse for T-giving and xmas to not to have to go home!
    25% are antivaxxers...that's scary. If that trend is nationwide we're going to be looking at a long time before there is herd immunity

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aloft
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    25% are antivaxxers...that's scary. If that trend is nationwide we're going to be looking at a long time before there is herd immunity
    25% of what? Trump supporters or general population?

    Either way. Guarantee more than 25% of the general population doesn't get the vaccine. Way more.

    Whatever, I'll get it and my parents will too. I'm good to maybe have an 11th toe and my parents stay alive for another decade.

  22. #297
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    16,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    25% of what? Trump supporters or general population?

    Either way. Guarantee more than 25% of the general population doesn't get the vaccine. Way more.

    Whatever, I'll get it and my parents will too. I'm good to maybe have an 11th toe and my parents stay alive for another decade.
    I'm not knocking you. Just pointing out that 2 people in your family out of an unknown denominator, I assumed 8, are not getting it. This from a normal sounding, albeit conservative leaning family.

    Agreeing that it's much much higher than 25%...which is scary and sad.

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aloft
    Posts
    3,945
    Agreed

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    16,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Agreed
    Fwiw I'm in the same boat. At least 4 in my crew saying no vaxx...why? Because just like the flu and they don't know about their kids because, both girls, might want to get pregnant...their girls are 16 and 18. WTF?

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Matchbox 20
    Posts
    2,313
    BREAKING: INTERPOL has issued a global alert to law enforcement across its 194 member countries warning them to prepare for organized crime networks targeting #COVID19 vaccines, both physically and online.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •