New Wheels or re-lace current hubs

I have a set of We Are One Agent rims laced to a set of I9 Hydra hubs in 27.5. I have not had any problems with the wheelset and like the hubs but I am not stuck on them either. The main thing I like about them is making them silent with a little grease. I have now moved to a 29 frame and trying to decide what to do with the wheelset.

What would you do? Buy a new set of rims and lace them to the hubs or sell the wheels and try to find something similar on the used market.

I have a Park Truing stand but have never built a set of wheels. Will I be better off financially just selling and looking for a set already built up or is it worth while to try and build up a wheelset on my own. I know time wise I will probably come out behind on building a set but it is coming into winter and I am in no rush to get them built up and typically like the process of learning a new skill like this.

What would a set of WR1 agent rims be worth on the used market?

If you went with another set of We Are One rims, you'd be $900 into the rims plus another $75-250 in spokes (depending on how fancy you want to go).

Building a wheel isn't too hard, especially with carbon rims. It'll take you a few hours. If you're worried about it, you could probably pay a local shop a little bit to check it / do final tensioning. So I think the question is just whether you can find a lightly used wheelset for ~$1000 that's as good or better than what you could build.

You'd be able to sell your used rims for a bit, but used rims aren't worth a ton of money.

I faced a similar situation recently, wanting to "upgrade" the hubs on my Agents to Hydras from DT 350s. After doing the math on cost of new hubs + spokes + nipples, and comparing to what I expect to be able to sell them for due to strong market right now, it became a no brainer to sell the Agents and buy a set of Unions. I've got 2 guys locally interested in them, but no deal closed since they're both waiting on new 29er frames.