Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    5 pages and no Dan Bilzerian? Buncha soy boys in here

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Isn't that just about every group in this social media, age of outrage culture? They all want to be heard, recognized, and to shout the loudest?
    Probably. I guess it's the juxapose of "we're going to act like whiny, sniveling cunts to protest you turning us into whiney, sniveling cunts" that is funny in a lack of self-awareness sort of way. But probably the same rational as here's some violence to protest violence....

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    5 pages and no Dan Bilzerian? Buncha soy boys in here
    David Lesh and Dan are my role models.

To those who say that labor has been devalued, it’s only partly true. Unskilled labor has been massively devalued in this country. But skilled labor, those with credentials, is still highly valued. There’s a massive shortage of skilled labor. Electricians, plumbers, skilled HVAC, those jobs are in high demand. I joke that if my employer fired me (electrician at a ski resort) I’d get a big pay increase. Along with way less ski time. But I’m one of the very few people in the ski industry that has any leverage what so ever over my employer. There’s a line of prudential lifties and patrollers, but very few electricians who are motivated enough by skiing to accept lower than industry standard wages. I could leave tomorrow and make double what I make because my skill is in demand and valued. But those jobs that aren’t in demand due to excess supply are fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    To those who say that labor has been devalued, it’s only partly true. Unskilled labor has been massively devalued in this country. But skilled labor, those with credentials, is still highly valued. There’s a massive shortage of skilled labor. Electricians, plumbers, skilled HVAC, those jobs are in high demand. I joke that if my employer fired me (electrician at a ski resort) I’d get a big pay increase. Along with way less ski time. But I’m one of the very few people in the ski industry that has any leverage what so ever over my employer. There’s a line of prudential lifties and patrollers, but very few electricians who are motivated enough by skiing to accept lower than industry standard wages. I could leave tomorrow and make double what I make because my skill is in demand and valued. But those jobs that aren’t in demand due to excess supply are fucked.
    Bull. Plenty of skilled jobs have been lost to offshoring and automation. The industry I worked in (printing production) lost hundreds of thousands of skilled, and union, in many cases, jobs in my lifetime, and now it barely exists because, the internet. Silicon valley is minting billionaires on the sole promise of their tech eliminating labor of all kinds and replacing it with an app. Even a lot of professionals, like doctors and lawyers and brokers and financial advisors are watching their industries implode, replaced by robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Bull. Plenty of skilled jobs have been lost to offshoring and automation. The industry I worked in (printing production) lost hundreds of thousands of skilled, and union, in many cases, jobs in my lifetime, and now it barely exists because, the internet. Silicon valley is minting billionaires on the sole promise of their tech eliminating labor of all kinds and replacing it with an app. Even a lot of professionals, like doctors and lawyers and brokers and financial advisors are watching their industries implode, replaced by robots.
    Silicon valley is eliminating lots of 100kna yr jobs.

When I worked on the floor, people from all walks of life could make a great living. No college, south side Chicago working for the exchange, or the book for trading groups, making 100k. No problem. Now all gone to electronic trading. I wonder what happened to all those people.

Same thing I’m insurance etc.

The death of the six figure career is ongoing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There is no app, and never will be, that will troubleshoot the wiring in your house Benny.

The stock brokers should be worried though, but I struggle to call them "skilled" in the first place.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    And yeah, I do live between a donut shop and a brewery...so ends the mystery of how yetiman got morbidly obese all of a sudden

Even david goggins would be chubby in this house
    Does Maria Muldaur work at the donut shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Having sex while tripping on DMT sounds logistically difficult.
    Or impossible.

To those who say that labor has been devalued, it’s only partly true. .
    You should visit amazon, google, facebook or msft sometime. Even visit downtown Seattle at lunch time.

Check out their h1b visa applications and management.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Or impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Can anything that's so diverse be considered inherently bad? The "inherent badness" is just humans being humans. The only thing different about social media is that it's allowing humanity to mass broadcast its badness without any of the institutional filters that have existed in the past. But the net effect of a system that doesn't really have any inherent boundaries and currently doesn't really have any regulatory boundaries is the shit show we're watching unfold.
    This is as far as I rskimmed into this fucking thread so far...But you completely miss the fact that somebody brighter than Trump will eventually create a big enough shitshow to naruto-mobilize a brownshirt army of sufficient magnitude to halt American elections.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I love Rogan, his podcast is a fantastic personality filter: anyone who volunteers that they regularly listen to it is a gigantic fucking idiot and you can safely ignore anything they say without fear that you’ve missed something. It’s hard to overstate how vapid you have to be to find his shtick insightful. He’s not even pseudo-intellectual.

That said it’s hard to blame the guy for making a living by getting high and blathering a few hours here and there.
    You sound like a real hoot at a party...I can't imagine how much of a pseudo-intellectual you must be to dismiss the myriad of guests he has on.

This thread is a dumpster fire of triggered bros. A highlight was kevo defending himself from being called an incel by commenting how much he gets laid. Miss the joke much, bro?
    Last edited by zartagen; 12-08-2020 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    This thread is a dumpster fire of triggered bros. A highlight was kevo defending himself from behind called an incel by commenting how much he gets laid. Miss the joke much, bro?
    Meh, Rootskier's delivery must have been off. Didn't seem like much of a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    This is as far as I rskimmed into this fucking thread so far...But you completely miss the fact that somebody brighter than Trump will eventually create a big enough shitshow to naruto-mobilize a brownshirt army of sufficient magnitude to halt American elections.
    I agree with you, but what's your point? The only difference between that and what's currently happening is scale / success.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Even visit downtown Seattle at lunch time.

Check out their h1b visa applications and management.
    I work in downtown Seattle and what I see a half dozen mega construction projects that are 6-12 months behind schedule because no one wants to be a Local 86 Ironworker.

While other industries get destroyed by automation or globalization, the maintenance and construction industry is at a huge risk (not of automation) of a shrinking skilled labor pool.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I work in downtown Seattle and what I see a half dozen mega construction projects that are 6-12 months behind schedule because no one wants to be a Local 86 Ironworker.

While other industries get destroyed by automation or globalization, the maintenance and construction industry is at a huge risk (not of automation) of a shrinking skilled labor pool.
    Maybe get amazon to allocate a bunch of their h1b visas?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    This thread is a dumpster fire of triggered bros. A highlight was kevo defending himself from behind called an incel by commenting how much he gets laid. Miss the joke much, bro?
    I laffed.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Rogans Schick don't do much for me and as a comedian nor podcaster but his fan bois are plentiful
    But I don't waste time podcasting or even know who the other bro mouthpieces are
    The black rifle bro kicked down to help the
    Vets go fly fishing
    Type A gung ho bro
    Glad I didnt haz to put him in my boat
    I took the vet with the belikin hat
    Worked out good
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Re: Rogan. In a weird way I view his show similar to Stern. I am not a fan of either of their shows in general or the standard topics and conversations presented... But I do think they are both some of the best interviewers in media.

If there is a guest I find interesting on either show; I’ll listen. But... 90% of Rogans interviews are some MMA guy I couldn’t care less about just like 90% of Sterns interviews are some B list celebrity I couldn’t care less about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Exactly my point. There’s a huge demand for SKILLED tradesmen. In SLC right now it’s nearly impossible to get an electrician to come to your house as they’re all busy on larger projects. Most electrical contractors have too much work for the limited skilled labor they have. Master electricians don’t even need to show up with tools as contractors are dying to hire them just so that’s they can hire more apprentices and get their ratios right. Every electrical contractor I know back in Oregon would kill for more employees. Hell they can’t even get kids to Kim up as apprentices. Start as an apprentice at 18 and in 4 years you’re making $50+ hr easy. Oh, and if we’re going to get this whole green revolution going there’s going to be a need for about 5 times the amount of electricians we currently have. As it is there’s not even remotely enough just to install car chargers, much less all the other things we’ll need. And it’s a job that can’t be outsourced or automated.

Internet killed printing Benny. Plenty of jobs have been off shored but there’s still plenty out there. Americans just can’t adjust. Before writing for the ski area I’d would’ve rather worked with Mexicans than any Americans. Way harder workers and willing to learn what ever they need to make it.

Never once listened to jre. But remember girls on trampolines

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Maybe get amazon to allocate a bunch of their h1b visas?
    Or all these CrossFit brobrahs described in the article can use that #functionalfitness to bolt up some steel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Never once listened to jre. But remember girls on trampolines
    Wasn't that Kimmel and Adam Corolla?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I agree with you, but what's your point? The only difference between that and what's currently happening is scale / success.
    Glad you're OK with all that. Moving on, what's everybody's preferred edge bevel angle?