Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Vancouver Island. Nothing to See Here.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    We lived just off West Beach Road on Happy Lane, about 5 miles west of Oak Harbor on the north end of Whidbey, with a great view of the Salish Sea and Vancouver Island. My wife was teaching in Oak Harbor and I was teaching in Langley on the south end. Whidbey is a great place with great parks and waterfront access--unlike the San Juan Islands, which I always found to be a bit overly private. Made several trips to Vancouver Island to sea kayak, but never made it out there to ski. Love the pics though.

That's crazy how cheap your grandpa bought that land!
    Cool. I lived in Oak Harbor for two years when my Dad was stationed up there. I went to Oak Harbor Elementary for 3rd & 4th grade.

True story about the land prices. My grandparents were the 2nd or 3rd people to buy property on what was then a empty beach on South Whidbey. House prices down the beach from us have gone over $2 million recently. My Grandpa used to tell me how much $155.00 was during the depression and they could barely afford it. Crazy how times have changed.
    Last edited by Eastern Sierra Skier; 01-13-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    Is there much good sled-skiing around Mt. Washington? Or shoots... even some sort of basic area map for sledding?
    We have family with a place there which we visit often enough (covid notwithstanding). I've never bothered to bring my machine, but have always thought about it.
    Though I've not sledded there, I'd assume not compared to the S2S/Whistler/Pemberton region.

No formal maps of areas that I'm aware of. We ain't up-to-date with all them new-fangled ideas over here. If people are ever allowed over here again and you make your way over during a time when there's snow with a sled in tow, I can try to point you at some areas.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Though I've not sledded there, I'd assume not compared to the S2S/Whistler/Pemberton region.

No formal maps of areas that I'm aware of. We ain't up-to-date with all them new-fangled ideas over here. If people are ever allowed over here again and you make your way over during a time when there's snow with a sled in tow, I can try to point you at some areas.
    cheers. appreciated. Anything to point me in the right direction to start scoping google earth?

Didn't you read the title? There's nothing to see here.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."