Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    All, I'm getting at is, despite the potential futility, our representatives in Washington are going to remain ignorant of their electorates demands.
    There is still a split on approval nationally for legalization. Once polling data shows that being FOR will improve election odds, they'll all make the switch and act like its normal. Just like gay marriage.

There is little, if any, principal in Washington DC beyond "retain your seat at all moral and ethical costs".

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Sure. Does that mean we shouldn't write our Senators to, as our employees, tell them what to do?
    I'm sure that Mr. Lee will be very sympathetic to my request
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Living in skinhead land up North, I don't know of anyone regardless of political affiliation who does think at least decriminalization is a bad idea.

I think the only people who are against it are old school republican ex-cops/criminal justice system people. And old people afraid of reefer madness.
    Your bubble is showing, brocephus. Plenty of Gen Xers in my former home of North Bend/Snoqualmie WA were adamantly opposed to legal reefer, and many of them opined regularly about how they would vote to make it illegal again in Washington if the opportunity arose. Lots of them believed in mandatory minimums, and that simple possession should be a crime.

Unfortunately, it takes all kinds, even the ones who never should have been born.