Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beer drinkers among us

Ive been enjoying IPA’s designated as Hazy. What’s that mean?

Means it's got chunks in it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201203_205526.jpeg 
Views:	131 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	351064
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

There's already an IPA thread. Go cloud that one up.

Sez the non beer drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Ive been enjoying IPA’s designated as Hazy. What’s that mean?
    The Brewmeister jizzed in your beer. Prost!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I noted in a different thread, it’s a good time to be buying beers in boxes.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7D0195A4-0D72-402F-A38B-2CDB8DBBA74F.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	407.0 KB 
ID:	351237

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Sez the non beer drinker
    No. I love beer. Alcohol doesn't love me. So I drink infrequently. And I fucking hate IPA. I'd rather drink stale bong water.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    No. I love beer. Alcohol doesn't love me. So I drink infrequently. And I fucking hate IPA. I'd rather drink stale bong water.
    I love how vocal people are who don't like IPAs. It has been going on forever. Newsflash: no one gives a fuck. It's like me going around telling people that I hate lima beans. Yeah, see? You don't care right?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I love how vocal people are who don't like IPAs. It has been going on forever. Newsflash: no one gives a fuck. It's like me going around telling people that I hate lima beans. Yeah, see? You don't care right?
    Hey, we ain't the ones cluttering up our friends garages with "The awesome beer I left when I came over" (not that anyone does that anymore). I like Coors, Lite and High Life in that order. Two is plenty. But nobody wants to talk about that.

Beer drinkers among us

While there has been an explosion of microbreweries across the US, there hasn’t been an equivalent increase In qualified brew masters (people who know how to brew many different types of beers, and how to make them well). Anybody can brew a beer, leave it cloudy, and throw a bunch of hops in it to cover up their mistakes.

And I used to love IPAs before they became fashionable and “
    session-able”.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Hey, we ain't the ones cluttering up our friends garages with "The awesome beer I left when I came over" (not that anyone does that anymore). I like Coors, Lite and High Life in that order. Two is plenty. But nobody wants to talk about that.
    I drink PBR by the 30 rack. Love the stuff. I'm no beer snob, and I have a deep appreciation for swill, but I know that it is a completely different thing than a nice craft beer.

I drink PBR by the 30 rack. Love the stuff.
    You should get a COVID test....it’s obvious you have lost your sense of taste and smell.....lol....

I still like the pilsner/lager beers. For me, it's Beck's Heineken, Stella, Bitburger, Steigl, Radeberger, Warsteiner.
    Otherwise, I like the brown ales like Moose Drool, Sam Smith's and Bodi's
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    You should get a COVID test....it’s obvious you have lost your sense of taste and smell.....lol....
    Good one. I actually did lose smell, just got it back last week. That was when I broke out some old Rolling Rocks that someone gave me in UT. I still couldn't drink em.

Yeah...they use Rolling Rock around here as smelling salts to try to revive people who are unconscious.

God-fucking right! The only reason India Pale Ales have so much hops in them is it served as a preservative to allow the beer to be shipped half way around the world, to a tropical climate without spoiling. God knows the British would never do that to the beer they drank at home in their local pubs!

I’ve finally found the right beer thread. Although I don’t drink that much beer, anyway.

I do enjoy a Stella from time to time.

I'll shut up about how much I hate IPA when folks shut up about how much they like it. And when I can finally get a better selection of normal beers that aren't hop-bombs. I hate that fucking trend. IPA and IPA adjacent beers (stupid dumb flavored shit) have crowded out a lot of other good beer styles and selection.

I'll shut up about how much I hate IPA when folks shut up about how much they like it. And when I can finally get a better selection of normal beers that aren't hop-bombs. I hate that fucking trend. IPA and IPA adjacent beers (stupid dumb flavored shit) have crowded out a lot of other good beer styles and selection.
    Testify brother! How many unique names can they come up with for beers that all taste the same.

I like a lot of the big newschool IPA's (high avb, hazy, citrus and fruity) but will be the first to admit loud IPA fans deserve all the ribbing we attract.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    God-fucking right! The only reason India Pale Ales have so much hops in them is it served as a preservative to allow the beer to be shipped half way around the world, to a tropical climate without spoiling. God knows the British would never do that to the beer they drank at home in their local pubs!

I’ve finally found the right beer thread. Although I don’t drink that much beer, anyway.

I do enjoy a Stella from time to time.
    ^^^This
    Brewers add hops to cover up hot-side mistakes

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...tion-1.5824554

the favorite beer of people who thro beer cans out the window

We found Bud and Bud Light and Milwaukee [beer cans]," said Kitz.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I still love a hazy local IPA but I’ve been gravitating towards pale ales, pilsners and lagers lately. The IPA trend has gotten a little out of control. For every exceptional IPA there are 20 half assed ones.

Oh and PBR is delicious and I always have pounders in my fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I wish they would put High Life in a brown bottle so it doesn't skunk as bad. I like it and would like it better.

I wish they would put High Life in a brown bottle so it doesn't skunk as bad. I like it and would like it better.
    I drink High Life about once a year and always enjoy it.

Lite beer from Miller blows.

Lager lovers - do you guys get Moosehead stateside? Probably my favorite big brewery beer.