WTB feeler: Rusty Broken Bindings

Yes, it is exactly how it sounds.

My middle (older) brother has always been really tough to buy xmas presents. He’s the kind of person who is narrow on his hobbies, and already invests in good quality gear. So when it came time to shop for this year, he couldn’t even come up with a xmas list of ideas for the family.

Worse still, he just bought himself a pair of bindings at a ski swap after telling us he was in need of them. To top it off, he’s pulling a total dad move by saying that we could “gift” it to him for Xmas, and that he would still act surprised in front of the family when opening it.

Naturally, this has irked me to no end, and while we (my eldest brother and I) are still scheming on ideas for an *actual* present, I want to psych him out on xmas morning by having him opening his present to the sight of a useless pair of garbo. We’d hide the real gift underneath, but it would seem like an opportunity to spice up xmas morning.

So.... who has the most ugly/rusted/useless pair of bindings that I could snag for this stunt?

Great idea! I have boxes of junk bindings from the 70s-90s. Will look around for the worst pair.

I have some spare tele bindings, I'm sure I could figure out how to get them a bit corroded for you.

Happy to contribute some purple markers to the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

They have to be biometric marker toes. So he’ll know he’s gonna die!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

This is fun.

Maybe some tiny kids bindings in a liddle iddle itty bitty tinybox.

I think it's ok for me to break the "don't post ebay auctions" rule for these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-New...UAAOSw-Adfs-0P

Need a pair of the 1970's rental bindings. Don't remember- Burt or Spademan??-been too long remember the name now) that had the plates that mounted to the bottom of the ski boots then you clicked into the toe piece mounted on the skis... They were the rental bindings I started on for the first 2 years... Least bit of ice or snow on the bottom and you never were going to make a turn without a Marker style release.

Mix up the toes and heels from the assortment of shitty bindings such that all four are from different bindings.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

At the dump here there are usually skis. Try the local dump? Gift him the whole ski. Hell I might do that for xmas for someone.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201210_152605.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	352407

Is this in the ballpark? If you want it it's yours!

I’ve got brand new in box petzl touring bindings. Straight museum piece