Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Two Leaves currently, and to my knowledge - for years, has used non-plastic, plant-sourced sachets that biodegrade. Thankfully, they don't fall under the microplastics realm.

https://twoleavestea.com/pages/tea-packaging
    Thank god you had the time to look into it, thanks. Sucks that my city market stopped carrying them, as well as the safeway.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Very high quality teas, interesting selection with nice packaging and presentation. I've been impressed and very happy to support a true small business. I ordered mostly 4oz bags and they last a long time.
    Thanks! I usually order from TeaSpring.com but they can be slow to clear customs. Everything I have ordered from them has been very nice. I’ve also been wanting to order from Kuan Yin Teas. Not sure if anyone here is familiar with them, I think they’re out of Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I don't see it mentioned, but for a while I was really into pu'erh tea, esp. in the evening.
    I like it. There is one from Numi that is really good bagged. Haven’t messed with the bricks yet, but I like it enough that I will eventually. Which one/s did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I like it. There is one from Numi that is really good bagged. Haven’t messed with the bricks yet, but I like it enough that I will eventually. Which one/s did you use?
    Bricks and pearls are the real deal. Peet's had a brick offering just after they screwed the pooch with Mighty Leaf; as good as those bricks were, it didn't come lose to making up for their fuckery. Prefer bricks/discs, and I like to cut it with a bit of second level Darjeeling to strengthen the brew.

Hibiscus, and roasted barley green tea are the current options I'm working through. I prefer coffee but I pick up teas on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Bricks and pearls are the real deal. Peet's had a brick offering just after they screwed the pooch with Mighty Leaf; as good as those bricks were, it didn't come lose to making up for their fuckery. Prefer bricks/discs, and I like to cut it with a bit of second level Darjeeling to strengthen the brew.
    Thanks. I’ll look into some bricks/discs at some point. I have a lot of tea to get through at present, but tis the season.

Has this been covered yet?

I used to work with two British ladies who made tea every afternoon at three. They were of the opinion that tea should always be made in a pot. Enough for each person and one for the pot.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I don't see it mentioned, but for a while I was really into pu'erh tea, esp. in the evening.
    Love and miss that stuff but I think it gave me the kidney stones. Back to espresso for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

I used to work with two British ladies who made tea every afternoon at three. They were of the opinion that tea should always be made in a pot. Enough for each person and one for the pot.
    I worked with a bunch of Brits at my last job, one never re-boils the kettle. Always refilled with fresh water.

There was also two physicists from India that made chai in the mornings using their own blend. Sometimes they would make one for me - 5 tsp of sugar!!! per cup.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    I’ve also been wanting to order from Kuan Yin Teas. Not sure if anyone here is familiar with them, I think they’re out of Seattle.
    Circa 2006 I was a college student in Seattle and my now-wife took me to Teahouse Kuan Yin on a weekend outing. Very cool spot and sparked my interest in global tea culture. Good throwback, sad to see they lost their spot in Wallingford

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ya. My 93 yo Father in law from the Isle of Man insists on a pot. And one must warm the pot first. And use a tea cozy. And put milk in the cup before you pour it. My wife is the same way. Milk in tea reminds me of dirty dish water. I'd rather drink stale bongwater. Fortunately we have multiple sizes of teapots that my wife made. The Brown Betty is tucked away safely in a cupboard. Of course my daughter and I are lazy and just throw a bag in a cup. And my wife mostly drinks coffee.

No love for matcha? I'd dig it, usually with a little honey.

If we're going to include things that get steeped in boiling water but aren't actually tea, then I'll second hibiscus. It's delicious, tastes just like cranberry. You can buy a pound of bulk flowers online for $10-15 and it lasts a really long time.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ya. My 93 yo Father in law from the Isle of Man insists on a pot. And one must warm the pot first. And use a tea cozy. And put milk in the cup before you pour it. My wife is the same way. Milk in tea reminds me of dirty dish water. I'd rather drink stale bongwater. Fortunately we have multiple sizes of teapots that my wife made. The Brown Betty is tucked away safely in a cupboard. Of course my daughter and I are lazy and just throw a bag in a cup. And my wife mostly drinks coffee.
    Isn't "milk in first" used as a insult in England?

Well, Indians have no problem with that, and they do everything ingestible/imbibe able better than the gap-toothed brits.

I got hooked on tea drinking Indian chai in the local bazaars. Steeped in milk, cardamom, sweet basil, pepper and a shit ton of sugar. Water buffalo milk was the best. That being said, I do not steep my tea in milk; different teas require different amounts of milk, so must be added at the end.

Isn't "milk in first" used as a insult in England?
    He's not English. Very definitely not English. He's Manx. His wife was Welsh. Definitely not English. I never made that mistake. It would end badly fir anyone who did.

Back when I used to take clients out for coffee I would generally have had a pot full by that time of day, and paying $5 for a coffee seems stupid. So I said “two of those” when a client ordered a chai latte and enjoyed it. That became my go to coffee shop drink. After starting to make it at home a few years back I did the milk and honey thing. Then after a cold impatient morning wanting a hot beverage now I skipped that whole bit and drank it black. Way easier to see the underlying flavors of the brand (duh) and also way easier to make it a 16 ounce drink instead of 8. I hear I’m supposed to drink more water.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201206_002115487.MP.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	351380
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Good thing you saved the instruction manual.

don't forget, we are all doing it wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mAcJRFfAL0
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Good thing you saved the instruction manual.
    Heh. Installation guide for the garbage disposal. I was getting a lot of reflection from the new countertop. We are in the middle of some kitchen refresh. So I needed anything I could find to set it on.. The glaze my wife used is pretty cool. It's hard to photograph that piece unless you use indirect natural light. The pic doesn't really capture the color well.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Heh. Installation guide for the garbage disposal. I was getting a lot of reflection from the new countertop. We are in the middle of some kitchen refresh. So I needed anything I could find to set it on.. The glaze my wife used is pretty cool. It's hard to photograph that piece unless you use indirect natural light. The pic doesn't really capture the color well.
    Complements to your wife - that glaze is exquisite.

I'm the only tea drinker in our house, so I just make it a single mug at a time with a strainer/infuser, but I love the aesthetics of a well designed and made pot.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Complements to your wife - that glaze is exquisite.

I'm the only tea drinker in our house, so I just make it a single mug at a time with a strainer/infuser, but I love the aesthetics of a well designed and made pot.
    Thx. The spouts are hit or miss, so it's just as likely to end up with one that doesn't pour well and dribbles. Some of them can be made right by using a tea spout thingy. She has stopped making them for now. The one in the picture is the one my father in law uses when he's with us.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Back when I used to take clients out for coffee I would generally have had a pot full by that time of day, and paying $5 for a coffee seems stupid. So I said “two of those” when a client ordered a chai latte and enjoyed it. That became my go to coffee shop drink. After starting to make it at home a few years back I did the milk and honey thing. Then after a cold impatient morning wanting a hot beverage now I skipped that whole bit and drank it black. Way easier to see the underlying flavors of the brand (duh) and also way easier to make it a 16 ounce drink instead of 8. I hear I’m supposed to drink more water.
    hangin out with splat i developed a liking for starbucks chai tea lattes perfably dirty with 2 shots
    we take turns at work going to the bucks
    like most places keeping good employees healthy and there every day isnt easy
    so theres been a lot of turnover
    yesterday i take a sip and it dont taste right
    i take another sip
    open the lid
    at first i thought there was a dead mouse in my drink
    but it turns out the barista jong gave me a double chai teabag dirty chai latte
    im hopin they read the drink manual and todays is better
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quit coffee a year ago. My go to is a cup of this with some local raw honey in the morning.

I'm also 1 month into a honey ginger garlic that I think will go well with it

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague